Pages:
Author

Topic: Wasabi Wallet - Open Source, Noncustodial Coinjoin Software - page 8. (Read 3754 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Coinjoins are a guessing game, and additional randomness in the new 2.0.6 version of Wasabi makes that game even harder for anyone trying to track your Bitcoin transactions.

But it’s not random like a fair dice, there’s some artificial luck added. Learn how user choices and the current fee rate affect your chances of coinjoining: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/smart-randomness-skipping-coinjoin-rounds-based-on-fee-rate/

I'm merely curious. I know that amateur blockchain "analysts" will truly find it very difficult to trace transactions that went through a CoinJoin application. But can anyone with 100% confidence say that transactions that went through CoinJoins can't be traced by state-level analysis? Because what is it all truly going against, if it's not state-level spying?
Activity: 378
Merit: 93
Enable v2transport=1 and mempoolfullrbf=1
Coinjoins are a guessing game, and additional randomness in the new 2.0.6 version of Wasabi makes that game even harder for anyone trying to track your Bitcoin transactions.

But it’s not random like a fair dice, there’s some artificial luck added. Learn how user choices and the current fee rate affect your chances of coinjoining: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/smart-randomness-skipping-coinjoin-rounds-based-on-fee-rate/
There are 4 different wallet icons, I recognized Ledger and Trezor. Now also Bitbox, but which fourth model is compatible with Wasabi wallet?

The other supported hardware devices are Coldcard by Coinkite and Jade by Blockstream.

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
The BitBox02 hardware wallet is now supported by Wasabi in version 2.0.6! Our newest blog covers the steps to connect and use the device:

https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/use-bitbox02-with-wasabi/

There are 4 different wallet icons, I recognized Ledger and Trezor. Now also Bitbox, but which fourth model is compatible with Wasabi wallet?
The BitBox02 hardware wallet is now supported by Wasabi in version 2.0.6! Our newest blog covers the steps to connect and use the device:

https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/use-bitbox02-with-wasabi/
Wasabi's default minimum coinjoin size has increased by 20%! Bigger coinjoins improve block space efficiency and provide better privacy for all participants.

Before: 150 inputs
Now: 180 inputs

This change introduces a tolerance for rounds that started with enough inputs, but failed to gain all the required signatures. Now, if there are less than 180 inputs eligible from the initial round, another round will be attempted as long as there are at least 150 remaining.

Since this change was deployed 10 days ago, the average anon score gain of each coinjoin output has increased from 6.5 to over 8, reducing the total amount of remixing users needed for users to reach their privacy targets!
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
Users who upgrade to Wasabi v2.0.6 benefit from a 60% faster loading time! Find out why in our newest blog post: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/load-time-reduced-by-an-additional-60-in-version-2-0-6/

Finally Wasabi move away from plaintext format, although few people liked it since they can open and read it easily. But here's a question, does that mean we can open the wallet using SQLite viewer/explorer to see the data/encrypted data?
Users who upgrade to Wasabi v2.0.6 benefit from a 60% faster loading time! Find out why in our newest blog post: https://blog.wasabiwallet.io/load-time-reduced-by-an-additional-60-in-version-2-0-6/
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
3. In case you refer to additional text or passphrase when you generate BIP 39, it's not encryption feature.
Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly. I mean BIP-39 seed, that is, a seed hashed using a passphrase. You import the hashed mnemonic (that is, BIP-39 seed) into the wallet, and then insert the passphrase. In my opinion, support for such a thing is a wonderful thing. It adds a little security.

It is already there.

When you add to SEED phrase the password the latter is attached to the end of SEED at hashing and all stuff is hashed together. This is irreversible one-way action. BIP38 encrypted blob is in fact  also the one-way hash,   "Decryption" of  both resulting hashes  sounds as a nonsense.

Safely keep both  BIP39 Seed and passphrase to have access to wallet at any circumstance.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2991
3. In case you refer to additional text or passphrase when you generate BIP 39, it's not encryption feature.
Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly. I mean BIP-39 seed, that is, a seed hashed using a passphrase. You import the hashed mnemonic (that is, BIP-39 seed) into the wallet, and then insert the passphrase. In my opinion, support for such a thing is a wonderful thing. It adds a little security.

6. That would be a huge leap. You might like this article:

Thank you for your opinion. True, I didn’t understand much from the article, but I think that it would be nice to have some kind of platform for exchanging at least Bitcoin for some other currency, for example, Monero. I think it would be worth thinking about this idea. Wasabi is a really nice wallet. He is one of the leaders in his niche. But it has very few functions. It is like a store that only sells one product. I agree that sometimes this is enough. Some users ask why I need Dex. This is not necessarily dex in the traditional sense of the word. But you must admit that it is strange that we care so much about our privacy, mix transactions of different users, use an open source wallet and constantly talk about decentralization, but at the same time we send bitcoins for sale on centralized exchanges, where we are often forced to undergo a QUS. Isn't this ridiculous? Why then all this confidentiality if we do not have the opportunity to sell the cue ball or at least exchange it for some confidential coin inside the wallet and without KUS? After all, Bitcoin trading is a basic thing that Bitcoin enthusiasts need.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Why would you want dex? To use altcoins, such as ERC-20 USDT? This is not the point of this wallet. This is a bitcoin wallet, with bitcoin advanced privacy features.

Maybe not for ERC-20, but maybe some time at some point BRC20. It's kind of part of the Bitcoin network.
To be clear, I would not support something like this, nor am I a fan of tokens on the btc blockchain.

There used to be USDT in OMNI network, and I even saw now some Liquid Tether in bitcoin Liquid network (https://aquawallet.io/)

Anyway, I think this is not the purpose of this wallet
legendary
Why would you want dex? To use altcoins, such as ERC-20 USDT? This is not the point of this wallet. This is a bitcoin wallet, with bitcoin advanced privacy features.

Maybe not for ERC-20, but maybe some time at some point BRC20. It's kind of part of the Bitcoin network.
To be clear, I would not support something like this, nor am I a fan of tokens on the btc blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
1. Restore different seed formats. Not only 12 words, but also 15, 18, 24.
6. Built-in DEX.

These two features are mostly for altcoins.

AFAIK, wallets with so many words are multicurrency wallet. I agree with Kruw, it is enough to be able to import seeds with different seed formats.

In fact, this is a very good wallet, it is unique in some way on the market. But personally, I would like to see more additional functions in it. In my opinion, he is very ascetic. It may not be bad, but personally there is a lot missing from it for me. I would ideally like to see a more developed system for recovering private information. For example:
2. It is possible to restore other popular seed formats. For example, Electrum seed format.
3. Allow the encrypted seed to be restored.
4. Recovery using a private key, using an encrypted private key.
5. Multi-signature wallet support.
6. Built-in DEX.

1. You can restore 12, 18, or 24 word seeds but you can only create 12 word seeds.
2. There's downsides to even adding this as an advanced option. First, the Bitcoin community should try to work towards standardization instead of creating a maze of cross compatibility complexity. Second, since Electrum connects to public servers by default, users who want to coinjoin should generate new keys that haven't been shared.
3/4. There's a lot of ways to encrypt things, it wouldn't be worthwhile to try to support that functionality.
5. That's a good potential feature, but I don't expect it to be on the roadmap anytime soon. Perhaps try Liana Wallet if you want to use multisig.
6. That would be a huge leap. You might like this article: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/technical/dlcs-evolving-to-meet-institutional-needs
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
In fact, this is a very good wallet, it is unique in some way on the market. But personally, I would like to see more additional functions in it. In my opinion, he is very ascetic. It may not be bad, but personally there is a lot missing from it for me. I would ideally like to see a more developed system for recovering private information. For example:
2. It is possible to restore other popular seed formats. For example, Electrum seed format.
6. Built-in DEX.

1. I haven't tried it, but i expect it should be possible since Wasabi explicitly state they support BIP 39. Source, https://docs.wasabiwallet.io/using-wasabi/BIPs.html.
2. I agree with @satscraper here. In addition, user should be encouraged to move their Bitcoin from Electrum to Wasabi by creating one or more transaction.
4. It's good idea, although i expect it'll supported in form of sweeping the coins (which associated with the private key) to address on opened wallet.
5. CoinJoin is big part of Wasabi, so personally i don't expect it'll be supported since you need to sign transaction many times quickly during CoinJoin process.
6. I also agree with @satscraper it's not really needed.
Activity: 714
Merit: 1298
Cashback 15%
]

12 words SEED is expected  to be standard in the field. Other wallets are gradually shifted to it.  

Would be bad feature. First, it would be confusing. Second, putting the use of SEED belonging to  any other wallet (including Electrum) is a bad practice. I'm against it.

6. Built-in DEX.

Not necessary to implement the stuff that could threaten the code integrity and potentially to user's stash.

Not clear for me. SEED is not encrypted.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2991
6. Built-in DEX.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1864

Portable version is very nice.

You can put it in a pen drive, or at some cloud service , email, etc... it might be handy when you are aware of the risks.
Even electrum has one.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/warning-about-portable-versions-154451

Portable versions are always handy. You actually get a relocatable and "mobile" (in terms of usability) application, which can also be always in your pocket. What you can't get with a full-fledged application installed in the operating system.
In short, it seems to me that if there are no technological problems, a portable version would be in high demand!
legendary
It's not mandatory, you can turn autocoinjoin off from the coinjoin settings in the ". . ." menu at the top right part of your client.

My mistake, I was looking for Coinjoin settings on the connected Ledger hardware wallet.   Embarrassed
What does it mean? That means my funds will be constantly mixed and you will charge a commission?

Your funds are coinjoined until all of your UTXOs are private. The 0.3% coordinator fee is only charged for new deposits over 0.01 BTC, but there are mining fees for every coinjoin transaction.

What should be the deposit for CoinJoin to start working?

By default, coinjoin begins automatically once your total balance is at least 0.01 BTC. Coinjoining with a small balance is not recommended because mining fees cost a constant amount no matter what value is spent.

In what cases can my coins be blocked?

You can be temporarily blocked as an anti-DoS precaution if you disrupted a previous round by disconnecting during the signing phase, causing the coinjoin countdown to reset for all the other participants. There's also a blacklist of addresses for funds that are involved in criminal activity like phishing/malware/credit card fraud as well as those on the OFAC sanction list.

I couldn't find a way to turn off the Coinjoin function either. If it activates automatically, it means that it is mandatory to use it in Wasabi.

It's not mandatory, you can turn autocoinjoin off from the coinjoin settings in the ". . ." menu at the top right part of your client.
Pages:
Jump to: