Pages:
Author

Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ? - page 11. (Read 11557 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin

Amen to that!  I do appreciate that there isn't a nuclear war taking place at the moment but I think that is setting the standards bar a little low, haha.

I once asked a Obama supporter what he's done really and didn't get much of a reply but this was a couple years ago now.  Thing is the answer I here commonly these days is he's trying but the republicans are stopping him.  That is no excuse, what was expected when he took office I wonder?

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Thanks for finding some stuff.

1. Obama Care
Worse than nothing.  Condemns us to another decade or two of disfunctional malaise.  Insurance companies (totally parasitic) are thriving though.
2. Economy (it is improving despite Republican obstructionism)
There has not been another 2008 in spite of the underlying problems getting even more tightly wound.  We'll see if he gives his sponsors in the financial industry a payout in his last year as did the last POTUS.
3. Libya (ousting of Qadafy)
More war.  Great.  Popularized social media PSYOPS targeting Americans.  Continued same old 'color revolutions' with an even higher reliance on out-of-country mercenaries often enough with radical religion mixed in.  Populations suffered accordingly.  Worked in Libya, not so much in Syria.  It's not without a risk of blow-back.  Might be what we're seeing in Iraq now.  New saying two years after Gaddafi: "Before we only had one Gaddafi, but now we have hundreds.”
5. stopping the Keystone pipeline (at least so far)
Oddly, I've never been strongly against pipelines (unless they are the basis for wars to control territory.)  My liberal peers seem to get bent out of shape for silly reasons about them.  Not sure why.  If eminent domain is abused that is a different story in my mind, but I rarely see that as a complaint.
6. ending don't ask don't tell
7. ending the Bush tax cuts for high earners
8. ending the stupid Bush policy on restricting stem cell research
Agree, but I'm not terribly impressed with his performance on 7.  It is true that I had to pay more than 0% on my long-term capital gains from Bitcoin this year due to a tiny change to the tax code which took 'him' five shorty years to implement.  Boo-hoo for trust-fund brats (and successful Bitcoin long-term speculators.)
9. Improved America's standing in the world community
Debatable.  No particular reason for it in the minds of anyone paying much attention.  The U.S. found someone who could complete a sentence to lead the country.  We rock!

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
Obama has done plenty of great things, if you're a Marxist.    Undecided

Pffft!  I'm a 'Marxist' by the definition of most mouth-breathing fox news watchers and he hasn't done squat for 'us'.

I have put some thought into this question and I really cannot think of anything.  Then, idea!  I'm a lib/progressive type, so if I think of a point where I dis-agree with most of my fellow progressives then maybe I'll spot something.  Sure enough.  I'm a 2nd amendment supporter and Obama hasn't done dick about the 'scourge of gun violence.'  So he's taken no action on an issue which ends up being for the better.  I guess that could qualify as 'doing.'

Not that he hasn't talked about dealing with 'the gun problem.'  So what?  He talks about all kinds of stuff in eloquent prose.  He just doesn't actually do jack shit.

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
The image of the United States has improved markedly in most parts of the world,In many countries opinions of the United States are now about as positive as they were at the beginning of the decade before George W. Bush took office.Signs of improvement in views of America are seen even in some predominantly Muslim countries that held overwhelmingly negative views of the United States in the Bush years.

Obama has supported toppling the secular governments in the Middle East and North Africa, and replacing them with the hard-line Islamist governments. So it does not surprise me that the standing of America has improved in the Muslim world.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Explain this. How did Obama improved America's standing in the world community? If anything to go by, I would say that the standing of the US has gone down with the international community. 

The image of the United States has improved markedly in most parts of the world,In many countries opinions of the United States are now about as positive as they were at the beginning of the decade before George W. Bush took office.Signs of improvement in views of America are seen even in some predominantly Muslim countries that held overwhelmingly negative views of the United States in the Bush years.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Retarded question alert!! (im not from the US)

So i see people making fun/trolling/complaining about Obamacare everywhere on the internet.
Whats the issue with it?
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Explain this. How did Obama improved America's standing in the world community? If anything to go by, I would say that the standing of the US has gone down with the international community. 
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Well, there were more than ten scandals going on while he's in office.

That's true, along with Obama Care, the DAT act, and other things, I guess.

Activity: 462
1. Obama Care
2. Economy (it is improving despite Republican obstructionism)
3. Libya (ousting of Qadafy)
5. stopping the Keystone pipeline (at least so far)
6. ending don't ask don't tell
7. ending the Bush tax cuts for high earners
8. ending the stupid Bush policy on restricting stem cell research
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I'm not a fan of politicians in general (for me, I think if someone WANTS to be in politics...then they probably should NOT be).   Anyway, I think that Obama will best be known for Obamacare as the years/decades roll past.  I just don't think that the next generation will give 2 hoots that someone called Bin Laden was killed during his presidency.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin

Again, I'm way, way more an Obama fan than I was a Bush fan, but if the best things anyone can offer are passive decisions on the part of the Obama administration, they're not going to convince anyone.

Nader 2016?  Granted, depending on how the parties weigh in on the issues, I could swing a Clinton vote.  Probably couldn't justify going Republican quite yet though...they're got a bit of evolving to do on social issues, although their heads are in the right place when it comes to spending.

Come to think of it, does anyone have any info/sources on how international debts have been affected by Bitcoin trading (specifically the U.S., but EU data would be interesting/cool too)?  I might be way off in assuming this, but it seems like Americans owned a lot of BTC at the start...if other countries' holdings only increased significantly after the price rose to the current magnitudes, current international debt figures could actually be way off...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

Saddam was good for you when the Iraqis were used as cannon fodder against the Persians. Yes, Saddam was a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands. But what about George W Bush, who killed millions of foreigners, just to seize their oil and gas resources? Even during the Saddam regime, the Iraqi refugees numbered only in the thousands. Right now, more than 5 million Iraqis are living in refugee camps. If the US has any shame left, it should offer residence visas to these refugees.

My conclusion: you can't save a fish from water.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.

The war is not over, the U.S. may not be fighting it any longer but it is not over. I dono if you have been hiding under a rock these last couple of days or not. I can almost promise you more U.S. troops are about to be sent to Iraq for "training" and then it will progress. Why do I say it will progress? The ISIS, "islamic state in Iraq" will go ape shit if the US returns and will increase fighting, and send in more fighters.
The U.S. rules of engagement will change as soon as U.S. outpost are attacked, thus escalating the situation further.

I think it is also part of the plan, we will see more troops going to Iraq soon; USD inflation keeps continuing and many people don't get wage raised  Smiley

You know what that creator right? A class of citizens willing to take any job to support a family, need soldiers? Promise to 1500+ a month to start, free housing for his family, medical for his family and security see if people do not jump at the chance.

Old Rich men start wars, you poor men fight wars.
Activity: 223
he's got Al Qaida on the run, running from Mosul to Baghdad.
Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.
That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .

Swat and FBI, dude show me some proof of this. It better not be a stupid ass infowars link either.
Activity: 518

The war is not over, the U.S. may not be fighting it any longer but it is not over. I dono if you have been hiding under a rock these last couple of days or not. I can almost promise you more U.S. troops are about to be sent to Iraq for "training" and then it will progress. Why do I say it will progress? The ISIS, "islamic state in Iraq" will go ape shit if the US returns and will increase fighting, and send in more fighters.
The U.S. rules of engagement will change as soon as U.S. outpost are attacked, thus escalating the situation further.

I think it is also part of the plan, we will see more troops going to Iraq soon; USD inflation keeps continuing and many people don't get wage raised  Smiley The politicans have to solve this somehow, and I think they will do it by means of war (as they had done at the time of the great depression).
Activity: 350
That’s not true , he didn’t kill Osama Bin Laden , SWAT and FBI team did that , but yes that happened when he came to the office . But what you think about starting this war with Libya ? Is it the same like with Iraq just few miles difference same goal same oil same shits happening .
Activity: 353
He has been sleeping in a prime residence in DC, kept silly George, scummy Dick away.

That in itself is a big accomplishment.

Pages:
Jump to: