Pages:
Author

Topic: What good things has Obama had since he is elected ? - page 12. (Read 11557 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Obama has done plenty of great things, if you're a Marxist.    Undecided
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Barack Obama has executed a whole lot of tasks.. However, the best of the lot is the killing of terrorist Osama Bin Laden and the end of war in Iraq.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
He has been a good laughingstock for the rest of the world.
Activity: 224
Anyone just see that press conference on Iraq? Classic Obama bull honkey...
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin

Rhetoric aside, no one is sufficiently stupid to go that far (disclaimer: this may be wishful thinking). Roll Eyes

Now, as far as how the situation with Iran has been handled for example, that is a case in which I could sort of see them caving in to more extreme positions and (mis)handling the situation another way. On the other hand, the president only has a limited amount of power; it's not as if they can do whatever they feel like, so chances are that in these types of matters it's really irrelevant who is the puppet "in power".
After thinking for a while, I came up with one good thing which was done by Obama:

1. He didn't initiated a nuclear war with Russia, over the Ukraine crisis. Had it been Hillary Clinton or Mitt Romney, half the world would have been already converted to radio-active wasteland.  Grin

I like my vodka with a kick thank you  Grin.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Ok, lets start, bad things he has done . he divided the country like first thing, and US debt by 2016 is going to be 27 trillion $ and 15 million of people with unaffordable health care failed acts in Crimea in Ukraine IRS scandals ...
The affordable Care Act was not a failure.... it was the Legislative Branch of government that screwed that up...their tactics made it impossible to pass anything remotely close to a universal healthcare system in the US! Half of what President Obama is being blamed for were direct results of republican refusal to compromise!! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a democratic form of government. All the Bill actually does is protect people from the Insurance companies...it's a Patient Bill of Rights...not genuine health care coverage for Americans that need it!!! Universal Heath Care was the original goal, this was just a first step!!
I totally agree with you on the healthcare stance. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves when other developed countries including their eastern counterparts like Japan and Malaysia have managed to figure out a way to provide cheap and affordable healthcare while they themselves keep accepting 'donation money' from the healthcare industry to block reforms!!

In this research that was conducted in 2010 among 7 developed nations, US ranked the last in healthcare!:
  "Among the seven nations studied—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States—the U.S. ranks last overall, as it did in the 2007, 2006, and 2004 editions of Mirror, Mirror. Most troubling, the U.S. fails to achieve better health outcomes than the other countries, and as shown in the earlier editions, the U.S. is last on dimensions of access, patient safety, coordination, efficiency, and equity. The Netherlands ranks first, followed closely by the U.K. and Australia. The 2010 edition includes data from the seven countries and incorporates patients' and physicians' survey results on care experiences and ratings on various dimensions of care."

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publicat...x?page=all

One of the reasons frequently quoted was the lack of gov healthcare coverage.. I'm glad that Obama recognized this and has taken solid steps to solve the crisis! Even going as far as not giving in to the republicans when they made the gov shut down and hold Medicare as hostage..

Lies... If you have money and/or insurance in the U.S. healthcare is some of the highest quality in the world. That's why people come from other countries to see our doctors.
Now on that note do you know why the best doctors come to the U.S. to practice? Have you ever thought long and hard about it? It has to do with free market Wink
Now a socialized healthcare system is not as grand as you think it might be, ask anyone who has served in the U.S. military they have had a taste of what U.S. socialized healthcare would be.
I do agree the U.S. needs healthcare reform, but as a U.S citizen If I DO NOTwant to purchase something I should not be forced to. This is going to start to lead to life style penalties as well mark my words, over wieght? You owe a 2,000 "penalty" on your taxes at the end of the year. High blood pressure refuse to quite smoking 5k "penalty".

Answer to why the U.S. has the best doctors.... is the pay, yup you got it. All about the $$$$$ doe ray me.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

Saddam was good for you when the Iraqis were used as cannon fodder against the Persians. Yes, Saddam was a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands. But what about George W Bush, who killed millions of foreigners, just to seize their oil and gas resources? Even during the Saddam regime, the Iraqi refugees numbered only in the thousands. Right now, more than 5 million Iraqis are living in refugee camps. If the US has any shame left, it should offer residence visas to these refugees.
Activity: 518
Good question, I think he achieved many things. For example, he has some new suits and experience in doing speeches.
 Its likely he has a new car too  Smiley

I think he will achieve new relations with Russia (as in, trying to start a war on several 'playgrounds'. Ukraine and others;)

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071
Please, define "winning" in the context of US involvement in the Middle East.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Because any activity that costs $4-6 trillion and results in the deaths of over half a million human beings...doesn't involve any "winning".
We removed a murdering dictator who killed his own people by the thousands, we helped institute a government that gives the citizens the right to vote and choose their own leaders, we brought liberty to those people. We helped the country develop a military and police force so they can defend themselves against the terrorists. The real test is after we leave will it continue to improve or return to what it was? So far I would call it a win.

The US only removed the murdering dictator because he was no longer useful to US interests; he was no longer doing its bidding as he had done in the past, so he had to go. The US was actively supporting him up to the point he ceased to be useful; just look at the Iran-Iraq war and the atrocities he committed with US help and technology (where do you think the chemical weapons that he used to slaughter his own people came from?). But the Iraq war had nothing to do with instituting democracy in Iraq as the propaganda goes. If that was the objective, it could have probably been accomplished after the first war when Iraqi generals were busy trying to get rid of Saddam, but which the US helped prevent.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

But the fact is that he started a new one with Libya ...
A lot of people would say for Obama. A wolf in sheep's clothing
Of course we won the Iraq war, for appropriate values of "we." if "we" is a bunch of multinational oil corporations and defense contractors, then "we" definitely won the Iraq war. Iraqi oil is now on its way to market. Without "regime change" the sanctions would still be in place.
Ok, lets start, bad things he has done . he divided the country like first thing, and US debt by 2016 is going to be 27 trillion $ and 15 million of people with unaffordable health care failed acts in Crimea in Ukraine IRS scandals ...
The affordable Care Act was not a failure.... it was the Legislative Branch of government that screwed that up...their tactics made it impossible to pass anything remotely close to a universal healthcare system in the US! Half of what President Obama is being blamed for were direct results of republican refusal to compromise!! Which kind of defeats the purpose of a democratic form of government. All the Bill actually does is protect people from the Insurance companies...it's a Patient Bill of Rights...not genuine health care coverage for Americans that need it!!! Universal Heath Care was the original goal, this was just a first step!!
I totally agree with you on the healthcare stance. The republicans should be ashamed of themselves when other developed countries including their eastern counterparts like Japan and Malaysia have managed to figure out a way to provide cheap and affordable healthcare while they themselves keep accepting 'donation money' from the healthcare industry to block reforms!!

In this research that was conducted in 2010 among 7 developed nations, US ranked the last in healthcare!:
  "Among the seven nations studied—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States—the U.S. ranks last overall, as it did in the 2007, 2006, and 2004 editions of Mirror, Mirror. Most troubling, the U.S. fails to achieve better health outcomes than the other countries, and as shown in the earlier editions, the U.S. is last on dimensions of access, patient safety, coordination, efficiency, and equity. The Netherlands ranks first, followed closely by the U.K. and Australia. The 2010 edition includes data from the seven countries and incorporates patients' and physicians' survey results on care experiences and ratings on various dimensions of care."

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publicat...x?page=all

One of the reasons frequently quoted was the lack of gov healthcare coverage.. I'm glad that Obama recognized this and has taken solid steps to solve the crisis! Even going as far as not giving in to the republicans when they made the gov shut down and hold Medicare as hostage..
Activity: 448
Activity: 364
A lot of murderers , kidnappers , rapists , and all other violent thugs are now out of the jail on streets of our country , all thanks to Barack Obama for making that new "Get Out Of Jail Free Card" for this violent people whose place is in jail ! The number of felonies that random person have committed is not relevant when they give that cards
Last year the ICE or Center for Immigration Studies provides fact that 36.000 convicted criminals are freed from detention . They all were awaiting the outcome of deportation proceedings ...
Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

Please, define "winning" in the context of US involvement in the Middle East.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Because any activity that costs $4-6 trillion and results in the deaths of over half a million human beings...doesn't involve any "winning".
Activity: 350
Activity: 252
To be honest, nothing.

Obama is one of the worst presidents who ruled the US.

- He failed in Iraq, no way he did win.

- He lost his alliance with Egypt by denying the revolution of 30/6.

- Again, playing dirty cold war with Russia "Ukraine issue".

To be honest, I wish I can find US full of peace and not ruled by a war-oriented mind !
Activity: 448
What I think is that life in America is not improved right now , but it is not going down as well , like when Bush left the office , we could say that wages are keeping up barely with this inflation ... If we talk about the federal deficit it is still high but lower than it was in time when Bush left the place of president ... And we need to give him a medal for that school improvements about racism

We can not judge someone only by his bad moves , look both sides make compilation than judge .

Obama is not bad at all . That’s my opinion !
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
Fixing the US Economy
Winning the war in Iraq

Pages:
Jump to: