Pages:
Author

Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? - page 19. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I don't know what's the best wallet to hold bitcoin because I only use coins.ph (it is wallet created for Pilipino) and also myetherwallet but i thing mew was not too safe when you doesn't have ledger keys.

If you have wallet then stick on it because there are a lot of wallet do fish your account that can claim your money easily.

I think there are a lot of people do use coinbase for their bitcoin and just check the link before create or log in account.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
In theory the wallet for the safest bitcoin is Ledger Nano S (Phisical Wallet). Ledger Nano S is a secure Bitcoin hardware wallet. It connects to any computer through USB and embeds a built-in OLED display to double-check and confirm each transaction with a single tap on its buttons.

There are 6 reasons :

- Control over your money
- Variable validation
- Basic transparency
- Very secure environment
- Variable privacy
- Variable fee control
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
I have been very faithful and have been loyal enough to use myetherwallet. In my opinion myetherwallet is perfect for storing coins for long term. I myself have proved it. Good or bad, easy or difficult in using the wallet depends on ourselves. When we want to learn about the wallet, apply all the security features, and always be careful then it is easy in use. All depend on us as managers. Therefore before choosing a wallet that we will use then we should know more deeply.
Activity: 209
My own view about this is base on choice if wallet but it should be the one you have full control of it that is, you have your private key safe and secure
Activity: 459
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I have heard a lot of people talk about the Ledger Nano S cold storage. It is a coin store in offline status. That would make hackers ineligible to break into our wallets. So I recommend you buy it and keep your money. Its security is very high and is very much preferred by users.
copper member
Activity: 26
My vote is for paper wallets where you have multiple backup copies.

Online accounts like Mt. Gox and Coinbase are my absolute _last_ choice.  The former went out of business, the latter ate their customer's value in bitcoin cash.  That's a hard veto.

An electronic wallet can be lost to a cyberattack, hardware failure, or I could forget the damn password.  If I'm smart and write down the password and keep backups and never connect that system to the internet then I can avoid those.  That is all more complex than a paper wallet.

You might talk me into a multisignature paper wallet, with the keys stored separately in audit-able tamper evident ways in secure locations.  I'm hesitant about that though, since loss of n keys can cause the entire sum to become inaccessible
Activity: 110
You can use any wallet for holding bitcoin. But you have to safely keep your privet key. You don't share this privet key anyone. And also you can use paper wallet or hardware wallet. Personally i have use blockchain and coinbase wallet. You can also use it if you want.
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.
I prefer to use paper wallet so it was not easily to hack, unlike any other wallet that was easily to hack even if you put security on it the tendency of it got hack because sometimes the apps you use has a inside job even if you didn't transfer the money it would transfer to someone account.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
The're lot of wallet that you can use but there's different advantages and quality, it's up to you what wallet that you want to used for your bitcoin but I recommend some wallet like hardware wallet or a paper wallet that is the most long term wallet and cold wallet to keep your Bitcoin safe.
Activity: 180
If you hold Bitcoin for a long time then I think you should hold Bitcoin in your wallet at blockchain.info. I think this is a very secure website.
Activity: 94
Blockchain wallet is very secure.
That's what I use. But if you wanna opt for optimal security. Then get a physical nano ledger wallet. 100% security.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
If you are holder I suggest you should use hardware wallet which can help you to protect your bitcoin from hackers. Hardware wallet is too difficult to hack and I think most of the whales use hardware wallet like ledger and trezor. Lastly, hardware wallet is the best wallet in terms of holding and keeping your bitcoin.
Activity: 29
IN FACT HARDWARE WALLET IS TOO RELIABLE FOR LONG TERM BTC HOLDING, AND SOME REPUTED EXCHANGE ALSO HAVE BEST WALLET LIKE COINBASE, BINANCE, POLONIEX, ETC...
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I think the best bitcoin wallet for long term holding is Ledger Wallet. Because it's like a USB type wallet and it's also an offline wallet where you can carry anywhere you go. And not just Bitcoin you can hold here also Ethereum
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
Why would you want to trust your bitcoin into someone’ care? I’m using ledger nano s, a hardware wallet and it’s been fantastic. I would recommend same for you. It’s user friendly and all you to do is keep your code or seed safe.
Activity: 294
The Ledger Nano is a best choice if don't want to trade. It is a hardware wallet. Private keys are generated and signed offline in the smartcard’s secure environment, wich means safety. It may be used on any computer, or Android phones with Mycelium or GreenBits.
Activity: 85
Merit: 12
I use ledger nano. Am confident In it
Activity: 21
You can have a look at Bittrex here www.bittrex.com and Binance here www.binance.com I like their security level for  both of them there are so good with further security measure of 2FA which will send some signal to your personal smartphone  before any access will be granted to your wallet with either of them.

Yeah they are quite secure, but I saw somewhere else on the forum (I can't remember where exactly) that someone was testing the security flaws of exchanges like theirs. They found quite a few holes.

Most exchanges have some kind of 2FA feature now and it is a good feature, but I believe there are still backdoors in. Not necessarily to your specific account, but to the exchange itself. A hacker who gets in through another way can then get into any of the accounts quite easily. Although I would assume that because they are such large profile exchanges, they'd have someone on fraud alert 24/7 like other major payment gateways do.
Activity: 252
the answer is obvious-paper. easier and safer purse no. all the rest is derived from private keys from other people
Activity: 153
As far as I know, the best software wallet for BTC is a wallet provided by the provider, Etherum / Etherscan
Pages:
Jump to: