Pages:
Author

Topic: What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? - page 16. (Read 4128 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
unambiguously blockchain info because he has been working since 2011 and has never been attacked yet and he never had a malfunction
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
For me, the best wallet for long term holding that you can have is an offline wallet.
It is more secure than online wallet. Hackers can't access it without it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

I think if i am planning to hold my bitcoin for long term, i am prefer store my bitcoin in hardwallet. Hardwallet more secure because its not connected with internet. But i think in any wallet, as long we keep our private key, i think its safe to store our coin
Hardware wallets are definitely safer and while I consider that hardware wallets are very cheap you must understand that many people in the forum do not have enough bitcoin to afford one of those, so a good option for those people that cannot afford a wallet like that is to create a paper wallet, those wallets do not cost you anything and are very secure as well.
Activity: 28
Offline wallets are something where the secret key is not shared with anyone (only if such wallet is generated in a safe environment and trusted source). The cheapest way to an offline wallet is to finding an old computer and generating a paper wallet through that machine (and that machine should never establish a connection to internet or devices such as a printer that connects to the internet). There are some other ways too but this is the one which I trust the most for the paper wallet.
Activity: 145
Merit: 0
What is best wallet for long term bitcoin holding? I want to choose one wallet for bitcoin holding. Which one is best and have no bugs and problems? Which one is worse? Which one is easy to instal and easy to use. Which one you just prefer for long term holding.

If you just want to hold and not for daily trading.
Hardware wallet is the most reccomended trezor or ledger nano s, you can easily found it on online shops

Well though not as safe as hardwallets, paper wallets and some online wallets can be good as long as you're careful with your private keys. Phishing for information is probably the most widely used for hackers. And never leave your coins in an exchange if you're looking at long term

I agree with you, better to have hard wallets and safeguards are private keys and holdings rather than those exchange wallets and paper wallet that are prone on being hacks.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Hardware wallet is the most reccomended trezor or ledger nano s, you can easily found it on online shops

Well though not as safe as hardwallets, paper wallets and some online wallets can be good as long as you're careful with your private keys. Phishing for information is probably the most widely used for hackers. And never leave your coins in an exchange if you're looking at long term
Activity: 546
Merit: 100

Activity: 49
It is better to store it on a paper wallet so that no one can get it because if you store it on wallet there is big possibility that you will be hack specially if you have lot of bitcoin many hackers would have interest in your wallet or you can buy a nano ledger to store it all and don't give the password on someone to avoid loosing your coin.
Activity: 62
Those reply of this post are useful. Tks for the post. I will save this post on my bookmark
Activity: 514
Merit: 10
●●
The software wallet is a hot wallet that uses applications to manage your wallet. You can download and install software wallet directly on your computer, phone or tablet. There are many types of wallets today.

You just need to be more diligent to find information on Google to see and analyze a good wallet that you use for the long term.
Merit: 12

I think if i am planning to hold my bitcoin for long term, i am prefer store my bitcoin in hardwallet. Hardwallet more secure because its not connected with internet. But i think in any wallet, as long we keep our private key, i think its safe to store our coin
Merit: 252
If you want to store your coins for the long term then the best option is a hardware wallet no only they are very secure the chance that you lose your money is very low especially if you use an operative system that is clear from viruses, another good option is a paper wallet but a paper wallet has some disadvantages compared to a hardware wallet and that is why I prefer the former.
Activity: 266
I think that most traders would agree that the best wallet for btc is the hard wallet. you should take this into account and not choose any other one if you don't want to take risks
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
The software wallet is a hot wallet that uses applications to manage your wallet. You can download and install software wallet directly on your computer, phone or tablet. There are many types of wallets today.
Activity: 70
Electronic wallets can be downloaded software, or hosted in the cloud. The former is simply a formatted file that lives on your computer or device, that facilitates transactions. Hosted (cloud-based) wallets tend to have a more user-friendly interface, but you will be trusting a third party with your private keys.
Activity: 322
Many people will ask you many wallets when asked. I'm talking about you need to know about a good quality wallet, which is what it needs to be in order to be a good wallet. There is an idea of ​​a wallet. So you have to look at the terms and conditions of each wallet. You have a good idea about these wallet security. The wallet used to keep bitcoin is not the same as the security of all. If you want to listen to people, you can get in trouble in future. So I want to say you that to keep your bitcoins safe You need to find a good wallet the wallet that you like. You can get such a good wallet by using your own intelligence. So do not listen to someone else's words and find yourself a good wallet. I suggest you the paper wallet is one of the good wallet for long term Bitcoin holding........ Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Activity: 182
In my personal opinion, one of the best wallets for long term Bitcoin holding would be Ledger Nano because it is one of the most stable and secured from other wallets and it is not totally online to be easilly hacked.
Activity: 110
I think every wallet is ok for holding bitcoin. But you have save your privet key. Privet key is main if you keep save your privet key then your wallet is secure. And you can also use hard wallet like trezor.
Activity: 490
you want something that can be considered cold storage while it is resilient. my favorite is encrypted private key etched on a piece of metal. which is basically an improved version of paper wallet. it is a cold storage (if you create it right, meaning offline on a clean computer). and it is encrypted so no one can just read it and use it. and also it is on a metal (you can use stainless steel which is easy to find and cheap, or Aluminum) so it is resilient to fire, water,...

stay away from web wallets like the suggestion the first reply above gave, that is the dumbest way of long term storage! not to mention that an account on coinbase doesn't give you your private keys so you don't own a wallet you only own an account!

Couldn't agree more on the web wallet and especially if it is an exchange wallet. You are basically under the mercy of the exchange.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
Bitcoin wallet used for a long time investment, I prefer using Blockchain wallet, which has more secure and saved, secondly, base on current price of bitcoin has come down to buy and keep for a long time selling.
Well blockchain is a good wallet but now, I am currently using coins.ph as my wallet. I’m putting all my coins here and holding it until the prince increases.
Pages:
Jump to: