Pages:
Author

Topic: What keeps you motivated to Hodl? - page 4. (Read 5328 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
October 14, 2018, 04:21:48 PM
Hold is mainly promoted by those who hope for strong growth in the future, as well as those who bought coins at a high price and did not have time to sell them when they began to fall. A trader, and especially a daily trader, will never promote a Hold.
I hold because I do not like to sell the coins at a loss. I find it fun to make money on an investment.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
October 14, 2018, 04:19:47 PM
In fact, time has begun to clarify the panorama regarding the true potential of the crypto market, so I think we should begin to demystify beliefs such as the "to the moon" that many holders assumed a few years ago. We must already be aware of this: even the bitcoin will never be worth a million dollars, nor is it true that buying a cheap cryptocurrency will guarantee us a great long-term gain. And the good thing about this is that it will force us to rethink the true value of cryptocurrencies in terms of their technology and not in terms of their marketcap.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 12:23:48 PM
Hold is mainly promoted by those who hope for strong growth in the future, as well as those who bought coins at a high price and did not have time to sell them when they began to fall. A trader, and especially a daily trader, will never promote a Hold.
Activity: 532
Merit: 14
October 14, 2018, 05:02:19 AM
I don't want to sell anything with 1/5 or even 1/10 of the price which it has reached before. Personally, I am hodling because I believe that new ATHs will happen sooner than later; this is what motivates me! Many people predict BTC's price to reach even 250k $ in a couple years, and I don't want to pass this times with no coins/tokens at all.
Activity: 406
October 14, 2018, 04:51:16 AM
We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley

The project itself and its development is the only thing that keeps me motivated to hodl. I'm constantly following projects that I invested in, and the team behind it and their work, development and future of project is the only thing that matters. Currently I don't really care about prices on the market because if project is legit and could have a big use case one day, then all I have to do is be patient.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 04:46:14 AM
I am holding, as the market has been dropping continuously, so my coins are not worth much. In the past, the market has recovered well after dropping for some time, so i am hoping the same thing would happen again in near future and my coins value will be appreciated.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 04:36:55 AM
Current market situation. In fact, we sell just doesn't make sense. And I think just holding on longer than selling it cheap. And especially as forecasts for the end of 2018 more interesting, that is sense to keep!
Activity: 293
October 14, 2018, 03:53:48 AM
although the crypto market has gone down recently. And not good but i still keep the Altcoins and even buy more. Because i have confidence in the crypto and Bitcoin markets and i have an objective view of the current Bitcoin. I have been involved in the crypto market for quite some time and i feel the heat of Bitcoin is about to blow in my ear and i will keep it waiting for the change of time.
Activity: 798
Merit: 253
October 14, 2018, 03:39:31 AM
regarding stifling crypto is not about the issue believe it or not. However, this will depend on the results of the analysis of crypto. When this shows well for custody and investment of course if held down will give you results that are quite satisfactory. sometimes its just random hold only and not even wait and eventually a loss brings.
Activity: 448
October 14, 2018, 03:24:30 AM
for me personally, this motivation is not due to the profitability of the sale because the purchases were made at a higher price
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
October 14, 2018, 03:07:57 AM
People got motivated to hold just because they want to have a good profit in the certain period of time specially when you have got a good coin like btc and eth. People also motivated because of the past price they are holding because they are believing that the price will be better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 1
October 14, 2018, 03:07:26 AM
I believe in cryptocurrency, though it is on low side for the past 8 months after a spark rise in December, but I am sure it will be back with unexpected rise any time in future, and I hold my all investments for this moment. I think any investments in all forms of markets should be long term, then only we can gain maximum or our expected returns from
investments in any form of market.
Activity: 2576
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
October 14, 2018, 02:59:38 AM
Well, it can be different from anyone. Cause everyone has their motivation to do. But if you already gain a "BIG" profit from holding it can make you addicted to do same. Grin Trust me.
I think what everyone expecting from holding is the possibility of getting a huge profit from their assets. I am motivated by the thought of getting a huge profit too because that is the essence of holding isn't ? what other thing motivates me about holding is seeing the coin pumping and rising day by day which makes me more enthusiast about cryptocurrency.
Activity: 350
Merit: 36
October 14, 2018, 02:57:13 AM
i diversify my holdings and hope that one or two of the projects take off...but try and ensure that the projects u're interested in/hodling are worth it in the first place..i.e., solid teams with good progress, strong concept.
Activity: 196
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway
October 14, 2018, 02:52:40 AM
We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley

I think, its a matter of choices not the motivation to HODL coins, you decide to HODL without the help of motivation, HODLing is because of the trust you build to a cryptocurrency. And I think that what makes me HODL coins is because I believe that its market value will going to increase soon.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 523
October 14, 2018, 02:40:23 AM
Most people or investor are motivated of keeping they coin that they have to go back their capital. But people are really motivating  to hold bitcoin and altcoins because of getting more profit. Other people also holding because they don't have a choice to hold and wait the price to increase the price of the cryptocurrency.
October 14, 2018, 02:27:56 AM
Belief in the future, belief in the power of cryptocurrency, belief that crypto will change our world and can bring a real value of money in the world

No, I think we are not close to accuracy if that were the case then we would able to predict red market this year
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
October 14, 2018, 02:20:26 AM

Discuss Smiley
I also do not understand the optimism of some investors today, because it is obvious that the decline will continue and it may be worthwhile to consider day trading for granted.
Activity: 322
October 14, 2018, 02:13:50 AM
I believe that now most people simply focus on long-term investments. They simply expect to generate income in the long term. Of course, we all dream of helping the digital society and the development of convenient, profitable transactions, but still the main goal for most investors is to generate income.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
October 09, 2018, 11:56:46 AM
The main thing is market is very down right now. We have to hold because we have bpught it in the market is 600 billion. So no chance of selling it as low as now.
Pages:
Jump to: