Pages:
Author

Topic: What percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020 - page 34. (Read 46516 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
I think that percentage will be around 10% cause many people don't like bitcoin and don't like all digital money cause don't trust to them. It's the main problem.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Right now there are around 100,000 active users (those who regularly spend or earn BTC) and perhaps another one million passive users of Bitcoin. That means that Bitcoiners are around 0.01% of the world population. By 2020, it can grow by 100 times, to 100 million (1.5% of the world population), if things work out according to our plan.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
Less then 1% for sure, especially with the amount of btc that will be in circulation then
Even if the amount of people on earth using Bitcoin will be 1% it's already a great thing.

1% of 7 billion = 70 million. Right now I doubt there are even 2 million people using Bitcoin every now and then.
Where did you get that statistic? I'm just curious. If I remember correctly, that was over a year ago.
I believe it was an article on coindesk that I have read a good amount of months ago.

Less then 1% for sure, especially with the amount of btc that will be in circulation then
Even if the amount of people on earth using Bitcoin will be 1% it's already a great thing.

1% of 7 billion = 70 million. Right now I doubt there are even 2 million people using Bitcoin every now and then.
7 billion? is it the world's population? yeah I also doubt if bitcoin has a number of users who take more than 1% of the total population of the world? but I'm pretty sure if bitcoin users more than 2 million users? You would not know it. in this forum already registered more than 600k users and many more unregistered users out there?
Yep, well, actually, there are more than 7 billion people on earth, but I prefer to work with round numbers.

And yes, it's very hard to figure out how many people exactly use Bitcoin at least a few times per month. Nearly impossible.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
I've been running a poll for some time now about the value of 1 bitcoin by 2020 and it's safe to say a lot of different opinions and guesses are made.
This poll completes the other one and i'm really looking forward to everyone's input in this.

Tnx for your input  Cool

I think the percentage of people using bitcoin in 2020 will 10%+ thats the only percentage i think because many people didnt use internet and other people dont have care in bitcoin because they dont know how to earn here and they dont know what is the advantages of using it. And i think other people didnt send money in online shop they only buy in mall. So i think it is only 10%+
Activity: 575
Merit: 500

I will say that at that time bitcoin will be flourish more and will have got a big place in the world market so a lot of people will have bitcoin and will prefer it for their financial system, so after seeing the current adoption rate I think about more than 90% people will have bitcoin.
Activity: 462
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Depends on how many Bitcoins. There are too many people, good thing Bitcoin can account for hyperinflation.
what hyperinflation? i think that there will be some people using bitcoins no matter how much it will cost

i think around 40 per cent of people will use it rarely while about 20 per cent will use it regularly
Activity: 658

7 billion? is it the world's population? yeah I also doubt if bitcoin has a number of users who take more than 1% of the total population of the world? but I'm pretty sure if bitcoin users more than 2 million users? You would not know it. in this forum already registered more than 600k users and many more unregistered users out there?
Yeah i agree chief 2 maybe millions users as of now .but im thinking for the long term or maybe for the bext two years bitcoin users can be doubled by means of its popularity as of now it is the start because of the big rise up of price.
Activity: 518

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Less than the percentage of people who currently own it now, the G20 will kill it.
Activity: 504

Where did you get that statistic? I'm just curious. If I remember correctly, that was over a year ago.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Almost 50 percent,, if bitcoin will be introduced in every country by news i think it will be more than 60% of people will be interested in bitcoin..that would be a sign that bitcoin will be our next currency
Activity: 826
Merit: 504
Depends on how many Bitcoins. There are too many people, good thing Bitcoin can account for hyperinflation.
Activity: 420
Activity: 342
Merit: 10
2020 is still far and It is hard to predict what percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020. If the pace will continue as it is now, I think 2-5% of the population in the world will own bitcoin. But it can be more if there are major updates that will happen or major events that will cause people to use bitcoin.  Grin

I think 2-5% is a good estimation of the user of bitcoin in 2020. If there are major price rise and the price is sustainable, there could be more users.
Activity: 126
2020 is still far and It is hard to predict what percentage of people on Earth will own Bitcoin by 2020. If the pace will continue as it is now, I think 2-5% of the population in the world will own bitcoin. But it can be more if there are major updates that will happen or major events that will cause people to use bitcoin.  Grin
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
Actually there is an important number of people in the world that don't have access to the technologies required to join this economy, and perhaps in that year there will be many others interesting alternatives in altcoins. But 5% seems a good percentage.
Activity: 210
Well, this could just be a hypothetical question because it is not impossible to really measure how many people use Bitcoin. Today and it future. This is a part of the nature of Bitcoin. For that reason, I could say 20% but nobody will ever be able to confirm or disprove it.
Beside this, I guess that 2020 is still to early for mass Bitcoin adoption. I would guess less than 1%.
This is part of speculation I think, he just want to know what people think when it comes to this question.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Well, this could just be a hypothetical question because it is not impossible to really measure how many people use Bitcoin. Today and it future. This is a part of the nature of Bitcoin. For that reason, I could say 20% but nobody will ever be able to confirm or disprove it.
Beside this, I guess that 2020 is still to early for mass Bitcoin adoption. I would guess less than 1%.
Activity: 602
As many people become aware of the opportunity of borderless trading we are surely going to see growth in the number of people using bitcoin and hence a place for them to buy and sell their bitcoin is needed. But we have a problem when it comes to developing countries. A recent survey by mobile platform Jana interviewed 1,800 people across 9 emerging markets. This included respondents from Africa’s leading market, South Africa. Of the survey group, only 13% had heard of Bitcoin. This represented the lowest awareness of any emerging market.
Pages:
Jump to: