Pages:
Author

Topic: what to do if bitcoin decreases? - page 30. (Read 10603 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 11
March 31, 2018, 05:14:45 AM
If bitcoin continue to drop in value, I would take the opportunity to buy more as I believe that the real value of bitcoin is still very far from its current price. I think that bitcoin is very cheap today and those who invest today has the opportunity to be very profitable. Also, bitcoin history charts tells that after a certain price drop, a bigger price increase is to be expected. We will see how the price is in october. I think 2-3x
Activity: 290
Merit: 100
March 31, 2018, 05:12:43 AM
 I dont think so because we know that the bitcoin will increase and decrease but many people believe in bitcoin and always invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 170
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 03:44:58 AM
if in my opinion will invest first until the value of bitcoin back to normal. see the market so much new coin so it takes time to return to normal
Activity: 182
March 31, 2018, 03:40:52 AM
First thing you do, is not panic, panic just make us doing wrong decision. You can only lose if you need to sell or sell at a price lower than the original purchase price. The best we can do just hold it until the value or the price of will rise again,
Activity: 48
March 31, 2018, 03:32:01 AM
Well, there are 2 ways, either to invest somewhere, if for example there are good offers and ICO, or go to the dollar and choose another cryptocurrency, for example Monero or Dash
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
March 31, 2018, 03:08:53 AM
If bitcoin goes down, almost all altcoins go down too.  And since I'm a hodler, I don't sell and just wait.  What I also do is look for rare gems that go up while the rest is going down.  I finally found one after months of declining coins.  Speedcash (SCS) is a coin that went +100% in a few days because they have a working product: SCS is faster than bitcoin with a much much lower supply (476k).  This is one of these coins that just might make your (relative) losses of the last few months disappear.  The only problem is that no one is willing to sell.  Sad 
Activity: 196
March 31, 2018, 02:41:20 AM
I agree with that bitcoin won't disappear. Actually, many investors believe that bitcoin has a lower falling risk, compared to other currencies. This is because bitcoin is a global currency that does not depend on government policy.
Activity: 700
Merit: 14
March 31, 2018, 02:39:53 AM
I think bitcoin is good for everyone because it has helped a lot of people get rich from it. The current market oscillations make the altcoin also fluctuate, especially the price of bitcoin is now down but not significant, should do now we should keep it and patiently wait. I believe it will soon recover and it is likely that prices will rise sharply by the end of 2018 and may reach $ 15,000.
Activity: 196
March 31, 2018, 02:39:49 AM
It is simple just wait as long as bitcoin recover from where it was since few months there has been lots of ups and downs but it will recover fast.If bitcoin decreases, just buy more. You can get bitcoin in cheap price. And i believe that bitcoin won't disapear, so soon or later bitcoin will be recovery.
Activity: 303
Merit: 103
March 31, 2018, 02:33:44 AM
For me, you need to be prepared for the fact that bitcoin will not always grow in value. There is no doubt about Bitcoin value and it will recover soon and the market will surely be developed and will grow. Positive minds brings positive result.  Just stay cool and relax and don't be panic for it.

Your opinion can help to those people who has negative thoughts about the BTC decreases, we need to be open minded for the fact that the value of BTC is not that consistent at all times. Be more positive enough.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
March 31, 2018, 02:27:15 AM
Just like the OP said, those that bought bitcoin at or close to ATH will be at significant floating loss now. I hope they are not tempted to sell at loss. If they can be patient, they can  get their capital back when  market start recovery and even possibly make some profits.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 02:16:24 AM
It is just normal for bitcoin to move rapidly that's why no need to panic but this may be just applicable to those who already experience how the price moves but for those new investors, it would be so stressful to watch the price moves a thousand dollars in just a short span of time. It would only be a paper loss if they do not sell but if they panic sell then that would be a realized loss. If one would invest in bitcoin, they should know first the risk involved because it is highly speculative.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
March 31, 2018, 01:14:56 AM
it is simple just wait as long as bitcoin recover from where it was since few months there has been lots of ups and downs but it will recover fast.
copper member
Activity: 644
POINTPAY
March 31, 2018, 01:14:12 AM
it is simple just wait as long as bitcoin recover from where it was since few months there has been lots of ups and downs but it will recover fast.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
March 31, 2018, 01:13:26 AM
Things I can do when bitcoin goes down is.
- If there is money I will continue to buy.
- If there is no money then I leave it and wait until bitcoin increase. That's what I can do when the bitcoin goes down.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
Kuvacash.com
March 31, 2018, 01:06:36 AM
Bitcoin is still gaining popularity and acceptance. It is believed that more people will support the blockchain/bitcoin revolution and when that happens bitcoin will be a 'hotcake' however, the future of bitcoin is not certain, if the price decreases, just Hodl  because the market is still relatively new and still growing.
Activity: 252
March 31, 2018, 01:04:24 AM
which we do the only way I will wait in the next few months, because for me the price will recover, and now My  better get bitcoin again, because I will benefit in the future. and also the price will rise again.
Activity: 112
March 31, 2018, 12:55:34 AM
Well i guess because of the increase in demand for bitcoin, thats the reason why its price keep on increasing. But just incase it would decrease, either you withdraw or wait until it increases again. Buy another option is to buy altcoins and trade it in market, you earn from it.

We cannot force the situation if the bitcoin crypto currency are always go down and down because it's depends in the market sales. So if btc is in bad situation, just hold for while until it will rise again or it the time to buy when it is low then sell it with a good profit.
Activity: 94
March 31, 2018, 12:44:14 AM
If bitcoin decreases, just buy more. You can get bitcoin in cheap price. And i believe that bitcoin won't disapear, so soon or later bitcoin will be recovery. And you can sell/exchange your bitcoin at the right time.
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
March 31, 2018, 12:42:19 AM
now a lot of investors are investing in bitcoin, therefore bitcoin has increased very rapidly, if bitcoin decreased what should be done?, whether the investors will lose? Roll Eyes

Grin
Bitcoin has been running through another of its volatile periods recently. After climbing from around $3,000 in September to around $7,850 more recently, the price of the currency fell back, reaching as low as $5,600. It's since recovered some of its lost ground but for anyone with large bitcoin holdings, the movements have been large enough to strike some serious fears.

It wouldn't be the first time. Between June 11th and July 16th, the price of bitcoin fell by a third from just over $3,000 to a little under $2,000. At the start of September, it was worth about $5,000; two weeks later, you could buy a bitcoin for $3,226.

So when the price of bitcoin takes a dive the first thing to remember is that this is normal. Investing in a cryptocurrency isn't like buying a government bond. There are no guarantees and no regulations. The price moves all over the place--and just as it can drop like a rock, it can also rise like a rocket. And often in quick succession.

The second thing to do is to look for the reason for this movement. The fall in mid-November came after a specific event. A group of developers and miners called off a plan to hard-fork the currency again. Segwit2x would have created a new form of bitcoin that allowed for larger blocks. In effect, it would have created faster and cheaper transactions. When the plan failed, some people moved their money into Bitcoin Cash, a faster form of bitcoin created from a previous fork. The coin shot past Ethereum to hit a market capitalization of $30 billion. The value of Bitcoin Cash doubled in 24 hours.

That's a good reason for a decline. Bitcoin Cash has some advantages that bitcoin lacks. Some investors would have been holding out for the fork so when it went through they bought what was available. Analysts expected the price of bitcoin to flatten out at around $5,000.

There's no way to know whether they're right, of course. No one can predict which way the market will go--no matter how well-versed they are on cryptocurrencies--so you just have to make your own predictions. Deciding whether to stick or bail, or even buy and hope that the market rises again is always going to be something of an intelligent gamble. Once you've found the reason for a sudden price drop, you'll have to decide whether you think that reason has a price floor or whether it's fatal enough to send the price even lower.

There are no easy answers when investing in bitcoin. Just understand that the ride is always going to have some scary moments, and when those moments strike, ask yourself whether a ride this rough is really for you. If you're prepared to hold on through those dips, and if you can afford to lose your investment, then don't sweat the falls any more than you should get too excited about the sudden rises. But if you do need that cash, you might want to look at those dips as a warning to find somewhere more stable to keep your savings.
Pages:
Jump to: