Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 113. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 21, 2016, 02:09:23 PM
No doubt, gun control is a necessary thing.

In my country, to get a weapon license, you have to provide a whole bunch of documents, including hunting license, medical sertificate, etc., and also pass a specific exam.

And then you get murdered, raped, and/or maimed with impunity, if you don't do what's necessary.

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.

Is there anything that you don't want legislated away?

Most of the American mass shootings are false flag events, some of them not even happening at all except like they do in the movies.

I don't want to die. I don't even want to think of it. I want to believe that I will go on living. But I need to face facts. I am going to die sometime, except if Jesus returns in my lifetime. Forget the crazy gun laws that don't give me a chance to live if I happen to be in a mass shooting situation - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15298710.

Nobody has the ability to determine who the wrong people are. Maybe the wrong people are the ones attempting to make the determinations.

Cool

America already had legislation for everything except the things that actually need some form of legislation.

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

American basic legislation means no legislation except if someone harms another, and then the legislation is to let the punishment fit the crime. all the rest of the legislation is by agreement.

Why do you even need air to breathe, or water to drink, or food to eat, if Jesus is on your side?

King David in the Old Testament was testified about twice, as being a man after God's own heart. Even though they didn't have guns back then, David was one of the most bloodthirsty Israelite kings ever. Even though he was a favorite of God's, God wouldn't let him build the temple at Jerusalem because of the blood on his hands.

You were looking in a mirror when you saw the tin foil hat.

Cool

Your god sounds like a bloodthirsty one,  let's hope your wrong about him.
I'm not wrong. You simply misunderstand.

God wants peace. Some of mankind want violence. God, being Who He is, controls everything in much freedom allowance for man. Because of this, He uses violence at times to put the violence of man down.

Essentially, although it doesn't seem violent, the worst violence of mankind is to reject Jesus salvation. Why? Because man dies here in this life. And, man dies the eternal death which is way more violent than any itty bitty gun violence, if man doesn't have Jesus salvation.

God is attempting to save the most people possible through the violence He condones and enacts. He is the only One wise enough to understand how to allow freedom and yet limit the violence... even if He has to limit the violence by enacting violence of His own.

Why would i remove my tinfoil hat?  
Lots of people don't remove their tin foil hat. You would have to answer this question for yourself.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.
Actually, since you think that somebody is claiming that all the mass shootings in America are committed under some false flag, it would barely be possible to show you that many of them are.

Point being if you can help prevent things like mass shootings then why not? A simple step is disallowing dangerous people access to firearms. Simple.

Almost nobody wants to die. Yet it seems that everybody does die. I mean, there aren't any people running around loose claiming and proving themselves to be 200 years old or older. Mass shootings simply make the time of living a little shorter for some people.

To keep from dying eternally, find Jesus salvation. Do this by accepting what you read in the Bible. Then spread what you find out in the Bible so that people stop the mass shootings because they are saved and want to obey their loving master, Jesus.

Cool

So lets see using BADecker logic it doesnt really matter if we have mass shootings because all it does is shorten your life which is going to end soon anyway? If this is the case should we worry about sisters,mothers and daughters getting raped because life is finite and it will be over soon anyway. If anything, getting shot is just going to get you in touch with your maker sooner, so this is a good thing right? If thats the case then i can see why you dont need gun legislation, Anyone who shoots you will be doing you a favour.

Cool

Also the reason i think someone is claiming the shootings are a false flag is because you said it , must i quote you?

Most of the American mass shootings are false flag events, some of them not even happening at all except like they do in the movies.

Now i imagine you will nit pick about the wording, "Most" and "all" . You might as well have said all, most is the majority anyway.

There you go, proving your malicious dishonesty by interpreting the things I say according to your narrow mind, rather than according to what I say.

Regarding mass shootings, did you not say "all?" I never said all. You said it. Then you try to brush it off with the idea that "most" means "all." Your dishonesty and lack of integrity are themselves proving the kind of crook you are, and then you readily and happily admit it, rather than being ashamed.

What more needs to be said. Your talk is worthless at best, and rabid otherwise.

Cool

Anyone with a glint of intelligence would realise that im speaking within the context of the conversation we were having yet you never? And now you've narrowed me down as a narrow minded dishonest crook that lacks integrity. I believe it is you sir that need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself.  Having spoken to you in several threads it is more than apparent that you are the least open minded person to ever stumble upon bitcointalk.

Anyone with a little intelligence would see that the words are the conversation. Because we can't read each others' minds, we have to go by what the words say.

If I didn't use your own words to narrow you down that way, you would have picked on me for not being honest... by not narrowing you down when I should have.

What's there to be open minded about? When there are facts, one agrees with the facts. To do otherwise is not being open minded. It is being narrow minded. I simply am agreeing with the facts.

Cool

Remember and take a leaf out of you own book then.

So enlighten me, what facts is it you speak of? Are we still on topic of false flags?

And at no point in our conversation was i about to call you out for being dishonest, but nit picking just for the sake of it i certainly would as ive seen you do it many times before, and im more than sure thats what you've attempted to do with regards to false flags.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 21, 2016, 01:59:20 PM

In my country, to get a weapon license, you have to provide a whole bunch of documents, including hunting license, medical sertificate, etc., and also pass a specific exam.

And then you get murdered, raped, and/or maimed with impunity, if you don't do what's necessary.

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.

I don't want to die. I don't even want to think of it. I want to believe that I will go on living. But I need to face facts. I am going to die sometime, except if Jesus returns in my lifetime. Forget the crazy gun laws that don't give me a chance to live if I happen to be in a mass shooting situation - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15298710.

Nobody has the ability to determine who the wrong people are. Maybe the wrong people are the ones attempting to make the determinations.

Cool

America already had legislation for everything except the things that actually need some form of legislation.

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

American basic legislation means no legislation except if someone harms another, and then the legislation is to let the punishment fit the crime. all the rest of the legislation is by agreement.

Why do you even need air to breathe, or water to drink, or food to eat, if Jesus is on your side?

King David in the Old Testament was testified about twice, as being a man after God's own heart. Even though they didn't have guns back then, David was one of the most bloodthirsty Israelite kings ever. Even though he was a favorite of God's, God wouldn't let him build the temple at Jerusalem because of the blood on his hands.

Cool

God wants peace. Some of mankind want violence. God, being Who He is, controls everything in much freedom allowance for man. Because of this, He uses violence at times to put the violence of man down.

Essentially, although it doesn't seem violent, the worst violence of mankind is to reject Jesus salvation. Why? Because man dies here in this life. And, man dies the eternal death which is way more violent than any itty bitty gun violence, if man doesn't have Jesus salvation.

God is attempting to save the most people possible through the violence He condones and enacts. He is the only One wise enough to understand how to allow freedom and yet limit the violence... even if He has to limit the violence by enacting violence of His own.

Lots of people don't remove their tin foil hat. You would have to answer this question for yourself.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.
Actually, since you think that somebody is claiming that all the mass shootings in America are committed under some false flag, it would barely be possible to show you that many of them are.

Point being if you can help prevent things like mass shootings then why not? A simple step is disallowing dangerous people access to firearms. Simple.

Almost nobody wants to die. Yet it seems that everybody does die. I mean, there aren't any people running around loose claiming and proving themselves to be 200 years old or older. Mass shootings simply make the time of living a little shorter for some people.

To keep from dying eternally, find Jesus salvation. Do this by accepting what you read in the Bible. Then spread what you find out in the Bible so that people stop the mass shootings because they are saved and want to obey their loving master, Jesus.

Cool

So lets see using BADecker logic it doesnt really matter if we have mass shootings because all it does is shorten your life which is going to end soon anyway? If this is the case should we worry about sisters,mothers and daughters getting raped because life is finite and it will be over soon anyway. If anything, getting shot is just going to get you in touch with your maker sooner, so this is a good thing right? If thats the case then i can see why you dont need gun legislation, Anyone who shoots you will be doing you a favour.

Cool

Also the reason i think someone is claiming the shootings are a false flag is because you said it , must i quote you?

Now i imagine you will nit pick about the wording, "Most" and "all" . You might as well have said all, most is the majority anyway.

There you go, proving your malicious dishonesty by interpreting the things I say according to your narrow mind, rather than according to what I say.

Regarding mass shootings, did you not say "all?" I never said all. You said it. Then you try to brush it off with the idea that "most" means "all." Your dishonesty and lack of integrity are themselves proving the kind of crook you are, and then you readily and happily admit it, rather than being ashamed.

What more needs to be said. Your talk is worthless at best, and rabid otherwise.

Cool

Anyone with a glint of intelligence would realise that im speaking within the context of the conversation we were having yet you never? And now you've narrowed me down as a narrow minded dishonest crook that lacks integrity. I believe it is you sir that need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself.  Having spoken to you in several threads it is more than apparent that you are the least open minded person to ever stumble upon bitcointalk.

Anyone with a little intelligence would see that the words are the conversation. Because we can't read each others' minds, we have to go by what the words say.

If I didn't use your own words to narrow you down that way, you would have picked on me for not being honest... by not narrowing you down when I should have.

What's there to be open minded about? When there are facts, one agrees with the facts. To do otherwise is not being open minded. It is being narrow minded. I simply am agreeing with the facts.

Cool
legendary
June 21, 2016, 01:54:17 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Anyone with a glint of intelligence would realise that im speaking within the context of the conversation we were having yet you never? And now you've narrowed me down as a narrow minded dishonest crook that lacks integrity. I believe it is you sir that need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate yourself.  Having spoken to you in several threads it is more than apparent that you are the least open minded person to ever stumble upon bitcointalk.
legendary
June 21, 2016, 01:46:41 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool
legendary
June 21, 2016, 01:32:22 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
June 21, 2016, 09:34:52 AM
... Then spread what you find out in the Bible so that people stop the mass shootings because they are saved and want to obey their loving master, Jesus.

Cool

I try to do this everyday.  Unfortunately your Bible is commanding people to kill gays: Leviticus 20-13.

And other shit:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crazy-shit-bible-says-crazy-shit-christians-say-1367154

God (aka Jesus) wrote the old testament according to you. Not the 40+ people over the course of few generations.
legendary
June 21, 2016, 09:08:34 AM

Cool

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

Cool

Your god sounds like a bloodthirsty one,  let's hope your wrong about him.

I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.

Cool
legendary
June 21, 2016, 08:34:17 AM

Cool

Why do you even need guns if you have jesus on your side?  And what do you think he would say about your gun hoe attitude?  I'm not sure what you mean about the mass shootings being false flag events either,  i think you may need to remove your tinfoil Hat.

Cool

Your god sounds like a bloodthirsty one,  let's hope your wrong about him.

Why would i remove my tinfoil hat?  I'm not the one making outlandish claims that all the mass shootings in america are committed under some sort of conspiracy theory,  about what i don't know, I'm sure you can fill me in.

legendary
June 21, 2016, 07:59:12 AM

Cool

Cool
legendary
June 21, 2016, 07:44:53 AM

Cool

legendary
June 21, 2016, 07:28:17 AM

Cool
legendary
June 21, 2016, 04:40:40 AM

I don't know how you can argue that no gun control is better than having some legislation.  Why do you think it is America has so many mass shootings?  Its because someone who shouldn't have gotten hold of a firearm has Becauae the laws are too lax.  No one is arguing the case that citizens with legitimate reasons to have one should not.  All that's being said is that legislation is needed to stop the wrong people from getting them.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
June 21, 2016, 03:55:57 AM

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
June 21, 2016, 02:56:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
June 21, 2016, 02:30:02 AM

Indeed,  i wont start on Americans driving because that's a whole different thread going to be needed for that,  my 99 percent of americans is obviously not an exact call on how many americans are overly lax with their gun safety but im sure you know what I'm saying.  There needs to be some sort of rules and safety when it comes to guns.  For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun. It doesn't come as much of a surprise when you hear of a 5 year old shooting their dad/mum/brother.  But again america has so many guns its too late to put any serious legislation but come on,  mentally  ill people,  criminals amd suspected terror suspects,  you guys just hand them out to them.

All I can say is that I have had to go through a background check for every gun I have ever purchased.  A huge number of people are, as best I can tell, not able to pass a background check for one reason or another.  If there even is a 'gun show loophole' or whatever I am dubious that it is a big problem.  As usual, reliable facts and figures on most of this stuff are not easy to come by.

I got a 22lr when I was 12 or so as a gift from my grandfather.  With minimal supervision I developed quite good safety practices.  The instruction I got was primarily of the form 'use the safety', 'never have a round chambered except right before firing', 'shoot in a safe direction', etc.  While a 22lr is probably closer to a pellet gun than it is to my elk rifle, it becomes quickly obvious that it can be a highly devastating thing to get shot with.  I've never had anything close to a close call and I've never shot in a direction that I regretted or later realized was unsafe.

Automobiles are, in my opinion, a much bigger threat guns.  A slight flick of the wrist on the part of the multiple people in the oncoming lane who I pass every time I go out will release vastly more energy against me than any firearm can muster.  I don't have any doubt that I am in much bigger danger from people with some combination of an automobile and an SMS capable cell phone than I am from my neighbors with whatever firearms they have kicking around.  Mix in the pharma products that in increasing use and which seem to be turning people into zombies with drivers licenses and the math becomes even more problematic.

I'll say again that all of my armed neighbors are the opposite of a danger to me in real life.  We all look out for one another and all but the most desperate and drugged out criminals know it and stay clear.  We happen to have what I believe to be relatively good law enforcement in the sheriff's department but they are highly under-staffed (I computed about 1 on-duty officer per 1000 square miles) and they are usually an hour away at best so we in our little community have no realistic option but to look out for ourselves.  I think that most of us like it that way.  I know I do.  It's an economical solution to an otherwise thorny problem.

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
June 20, 2016, 07:07:06 PM
For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun...

I've never heard Americans say 22lr is just a toy.

I've heard them seriously talk about shooting deer with a 22.

Bunches of times.

22LR can inflict some serious damage.  It is a preferred round for Mossad, used in special operations.

Not sure about the deer though.  Unless you don't mind looking for it all day  Wink
I guess if you are up close and place your shot, it might be ok.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
June 20, 2016, 06:57:35 PM
For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun...

I've never heard Americans say 22lr is just a toy.

I've heard them seriously talk about shooting deer with a 22.

Bunches of times.
legendary
June 20, 2016, 06:20:55 PM
UBER Driver With Concealed Carry prevented a mass shooting in Chicago

Here's the Chicago Tribune, citing Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn:

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.
The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records. Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said. No other injuries were reported.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

Chicago was home to some of the most draconian gun laws in the US until a 2010 Supreme Court ruling, McDonald v. Chicago, found Chicago's gun-regulation regime unconstitutional.

Read more at http://wearechange.org/uber-driver-concealed-carry-prevented-mass-shooting-chicago/.

Cool
legendary
June 20, 2016, 11:29:34 AM
From my experience,  not to bash on Americans but 99% of them should not be allowed firearms.  They all like to think they are experts in everything to do with guns but from what I've seen their gun safety is horrific,  if they must insist on carrying guns around and at home then at least keep them safely away from children and other unauthorised people.  They should learn to actually use them properly which extends to more than just pointing out in the right direction. 

Most Americans would probably say the same thing about citizens vs. motorized vehicles in many foreign countries.  For the most part it would be out of ignorance (associated with aspects of the second hand nature of information sources) and the lack of ability to think in a nuanced manner.

I live in one of the most heavily armed areas in the country and I rarely see examples of irresponsible use or hear reports of problems.  I hear neighbors shooting often but it doesn't bother me any more than when a vehicle goes by on the road.  One incident that made the news recently was where a homeowner held three home invaders at gunpoint and made them call the police to self-report the crime.  I would not call that irresponsible but rather just sort of funny.

Indeed,  i wont start on Americans driving because that's a whole different thread going to be needed for that,  my 99 percent of americans is obviously not an exact call on how many americans are overly lax with their gun safety but im sure you know what I'm saying.  There needs to be some sort of rules and safety when it comes to guns.  For example i don't know how many times i hear Americans on forums saying how. 22lr is just a toy,  how many nevwr bother to check if clear when doing anything with the gun. It doesn't come as much of a surprise when you hear of a 5 year old shooting their dad/mum/brother.  But again america has so many guns its too late to put any serious legislation but come on,  mentally  ill people,  criminals amd suspected terror suspects,  you guys just hand them out to them.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
June 20, 2016, 10:53:46 AM
From my experience,  not to bash on Americans but 99% of them should not be allowed firearms.  They all like to think they are experts in everything to do with guns but from what I've seen their gun safety is horrific,  if they must insist on carrying guns around and at home then at least keep them safely away from children and other unauthorised people.  They should learn to actually use them properly which extends to more than just pointing out in the right direction. 

Most Americans would probably say the same thing about citizens vs. motorized vehicles in many foreign countries.  For the most part it would be out of ignorance (associated with aspects of the second hand nature of information sources) and the lack of ability to think in a nuanced manner.

I live in one of the most heavily armed areas in the country and I rarely see examples of irresponsible use or hear reports of problems.  I hear neighbors shooting often but it doesn't bother me any more than when a vehicle goes by on the road.  One incident that made the news recently was where a homeowner held three home invaders at gunpoint and made them call the police to self-report the crime.  I would not call that irresponsible but rather just sort of funny.

Jump to: