Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 128. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
March 08, 2016, 08:57:42 AM
Oh and the gun/knife analogy is flawed from the beginning because guns are single use while knifes are multi use. Knifes are used on a daily basis to cut food or other things while guns have nothing but single purpose: to kill.

Hence you can't really compare them. You want to make legal to own guns? Then why not also making it legal to own missiles, chimical weapons, flamethrowers, tanks...

Obviously you have never been face to face with a bear, or a rattlesnake, or a rabid dog.

Get real please.

Because these are the reasons why we should make (half) automatic weapons legal Cheesy

Hunting weapons are legal in pretty much every country of the world there are just some minor special cases like the US where every idiot can buy a (half)automatic mp...
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 08, 2016, 08:51:48 AM
Oh and the gun/knife analogy is flawed from the beginning because guns are single use while knifes are multi use. Knifes are used on a daily basis to cut food or other things while guns have nothing but single purpose: to kill.

Hence you can't really compare them. You want to make legal to own guns? Then why not also making it legal to own missiles, chimical weapons, flamethrowers, tanks...

Obviously you have never been face to face with a bear, or a rattlesnake, or a rabid dog.

Get real please.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
March 08, 2016, 08:14:30 AM
Ban guns and upgrade our baseball bats to make them more lethal weapons. Everyone will be entitle to one baseball bat per household. Cops will have the more lethal version with spiked 6" nails protruding like a death wish. Students will have a less deadly version but can still justify a few broken bones if needed.

I don't see the use of lethal weapons really. Do you really need to blow someone's head off or would a few broken bones suffice?

When one gets to the point of needing self defense, the situation is utterly serious and it would be unwise for most people to be making less than a 100% effort to defend themselves.  Bonking a home intruder on the head with a frying pan makes for good comedy on TV but has a very good chance of working out poorly for the defender in real life.

Arguments for less-than-lethal ammo can be made both ways (and have on this thread.)  I personally still keep that as an option, but it is mostly because my biggest threats are against large animals which I don't normally wish to kill, and I can switch over in less than one second.  As long as I can keep my head together in an emergency situation which hopefully I'll never be in.

Yeah better make it legal to own lethal weapons. It will help the whole population and make it easier both for criminals and good citizens to kill each other. Great.
Lethal weapons? People own knives and other tools. Why should guns be any different?

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
March 08, 2016, 08:10:01 AM
Ban guns and upgrade our baseball bats to make them more lethal weapons. Everyone will be entitle to one baseball bat per household. Cops will have the more lethal version with spiked 6" nails protruding like a death wish. Students will have a less deadly version but can still justify a few broken bones if needed.

I don't see the use of lethal weapons really. Do you really need to blow someone's head off or would a few broken bones suffice?

When one gets to the point of needing self defense, the situation is utterly serious and it would be unwise for most people to be making less than a 100% effort to defend themselves.  Bonking a home intruder on the head with a frying pan makes for good comedy on TV but has a very good chance of working out poorly for the defender in real life.

Arguments for less-than-lethal ammo can be made both ways (and have on this thread.)  I personally still keep that as an option, but it is mostly because my biggest threats are against large animals which I don't normally wish to kill, and I can switch over in less than one second.  As long as I can keep my head together in an emergency situation which hopefully I'll never be in.

Yeah better make it legal to own lethal weapons. It will help the whole population and make it easier both for criminals and good citizens to kill each other. Great.
Lethal weapons? People own knives and other tools. Why should guns be any different?

Simply because killing with a knife is incredibly more difficult than with a gun.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
March 08, 2016, 07:44:44 AM

Activity: 840
Merit: 529
March 08, 2016, 07:25:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
March 08, 2016, 07:22:34 AM

March 08, 2016, 07:06:59 AM

Thank you. Self defense equipment isn't a problem.

But why taking the lethal self defense?
March 08, 2016, 07:05:27 AM
Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. If you believe guns are tools, then they are tools to kill people. We cant put the lives of innocent people at the hands of anyone who pleases (literallly).

You put your life in the hands of other people all day every day, but you simply prefer to pretend this is not the case to ease the stress of looking closely at such facts. You could also make the same fallacious argument with knives, lighters, explosives, poisons, fuck even the guy who prepares your food. Maybe we should ban chefs? This is not a good enough reason to disarm everyone and disable them from defending themselves and others from violence because you have a psychological hangup about only this specific type of risk, which I believe you have overstated as well.

Which do you think is more common? That random people would risk your life with a gun or that random people would protect your life with a gun? I am sure in your media conditioned mind your knee jerk reaction is to say you at more of a risk being shot accidentally or purposely than protected. Self defense statistics show that is an erroneous assumption though. Even the most conservative estimates show that guns protect people FAR more often than they harm them.

Whaou, and why don't you bring such study on the table? If you have a proof that guns protect more than they hurt, the debate will be over. Why don't you provide such incredible proof?
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
March 08, 2016, 06:45:33 AM

The right to own guns and the license to kill are two different things. Who's gonna protect you once the commies take over?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 07, 2016, 09:04:01 PM

My baseball bat would shoot the nails.    Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
March 07, 2016, 06:42:00 PM
I think there should be strict restrictions to buy and possess a gun or any other weapon.I dont understand the logic behind letting civilians having a gun in a civilised society.In such a society,gun will only create violence and chaos

... for violent criminals to suffer at the hands of their self-defenseful victims until there are no longer any violent criminals, yes.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 07, 2016, 05:56:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 07, 2016, 05:50:55 PM
I believe so that gun control should be most prioritize by any country most especially for private and public sector. People nowadays are extremely different and our world has turned. Handling guns should only be provided only for people in authority by the government in cases of defense. But private sector and people with no means of using should be very strict in issuing this kind of equipment. This has cause death and cruelty for innocent people beyond their knowledge might came out a victim. This is a very serious matter for poor handling..

So this is scary?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2173050/Do-NOT-steal-woman-s-towel-Heavily-armed-bikini-clad-female-Israeli-soldiers-mingle-Tel-Aviv-beachgoers.html
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option
March 07, 2016, 05:44:10 PM
I believe so that gun control should be most prioritize by any country most especially for private and public sector. People nowadays are extremely different and our world has turned. Handling guns should only be provided only for people in authority by the government in cases of defense. But private sector and people with no means of using should be very strict in issuing this kind of equipment. This has cause death and cruelty for innocent people beyond their knowledge might came out a victim. This is a very serious matter for poor handling..
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
March 07, 2016, 05:28:52 PM
I think there should be strict restrictions to buy and possess a gun or any other weapon.I dont understand the logic behind letting civilians having a gun in a civilised society.In such a society,gun will only create violence and chaos
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 07, 2016, 04:06:59 PM
A gun doesn't kill innocent people the user does i believe that not everyone should be able to carry a gun only like all special forces

Something like 95% of the people are reasonably good people. And few of the 5% bad ones would kill someone with a gun.

I think we should arm everyone, and give them training in morals and ethics at the same time. If we did this, the small percent of the bad people would die in their attempt at doing something wrong. Then we would have close to 100% good people left.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 07, 2016, 04:04:39 PM
A gun doesn't kill innocent people the user does i believe that not everyone should be able to carry a gun only like all special forces

So what happens when armed criminals go on a rampage? We call in the special forces like the police? Even police are ineffective at protecting people. They get there in minutes when seconds count, usually just in time to fill out the forms for the body bags. That is if the police don't kill you themselves. Self defense is a human right. That is why the USA has the 2nd amendment.
Activity: 58
Merit: 10
March 07, 2016, 04:01:10 PM
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
March 07, 2016, 03:56:06 PM
Im going to have to disagree with you on that one. If you believe guns are tools, then they are tools to kill people. We cant put the lives of innocent people at the hands of anyone who pleases (literallly).

You put your life in the hands of other people all day every day, but you simply prefer to pretend this is not the case to ease the stress of looking closely at such facts. You could also make the same fallacious argument with knives, lighters, explosives, poisons, fuck even the guy who prepares your food. Maybe we should ban chefs? This is not a good enough reason to disarm everyone and disable them from defending themselves and others from violence because you have a psychological hangup about only this specific type of risk, which I believe you have overstated as well.

Which do you think is more common? That random people would risk your life with a gun or that random people would protect your life with a gun? I am sure in your media conditioned mind your knee jerk reaction is to say you at more of a risk being shot accidentally or purposely than protected. Self defense statistics show that is an erroneous assumption though. Even the most conservative estimates show that guns protect people FAR more often than they harm them.
Jump to: