Author

Topic: What's your opinion of gun control? - page 131. (Read 450471 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
March 04, 2016, 08:54:32 AM
Yes people's militia is great idea but this is unacceptable for government.
Because they can't control this army.
This is why they won't let this happen, this is why they will collect every piece of gun..
Because they don't have full power over people.

Yeah let's go back to the good all Far West.

Everyone apply his own law. It'll be much better!
I mean why even applying those fucking laws they vote in Washington?
Useless! They can't know better than us what's good for our community!

Huh?  Almost all the laws that affect people in the USA are state laws.  Including the gun laws.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
March 04, 2016, 07:08:40 AM
This is why they won't let this happen, this is why they will collect every piece of gun..

Yeah let's go back to the good all Far West.

Everyone apply his own law. It'll be much better!
I mean why even applying those fucking laws they vote in Washington?
Useless! They can't know better than us what's good for our community!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
March 03, 2016, 09:03:05 PM

This is the point completely. There are no terrorists in America except GOVERNMENT.

Cool

I'm not sure if you're joking or just being yourself...

Alright. I said it wrong. I should have said, "There are few terrorists in America outside of GOVERNMENT."

Cool

America is a country of terrorists. America is a terrorist country, to be precise.

Just where are you located, anyway? U tricky devil. U'll never tell us.    Cheesy
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 03, 2016, 07:54:01 PM

This is the point completely. There are no terrorists in America except GOVERNMENT.

Cool

Alright. I said it wrong. I should have said, "There are few terrorists in America outside of GOVERNMENT."

Cool

America is a country of terrorists. America is a terrorist country, to be precise.
legendary
March 03, 2016, 07:51:50 PM

Cool

Cool
Activity: 350
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
March 03, 2016, 07:35:40 PM

Cool

legendary
March 03, 2016, 07:01:20 PM

Cool
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
March 03, 2016, 06:00:37 PM
legendary
March 03, 2016, 03:13:55 PM
Back in the beginning times of the USA, everyone had guns. The people were the militia, and the military was taken from the militia.

If government wanted us to have protection, they would make a law that said that we all had to own guns and wear them when we were off our private residence.

If this were done, there would be no million-man Chinese army that would ever attack us. Terrorists would be in terror of us. We wouldn't even need police, because the people would be their own police.

Now, I am not saying to implement such a law in 5 minutes. Rather implement it over 5 years, so that the people can get used to what it is like to have self-respect, and to respect other people.

The fact is, that since government doesn't implement some law like this, but rather would take away our guns, it is turning out that government is the terrorist organization, and the enemy of the people. At least it is some of the major players in government.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
March 03, 2016, 02:42:32 PM

This might be true if the population of your town is 500. But if it is 100,000, the people at the edge of your group have neighbors who are not in your group. They form their own group, and are part of two groups. As the groups get to know each other, they unite... until the whole town of (did I say 100,000?) 10,000,000 get to know each other and are on the same wavelength.

China's million man army doesn't stand a chance against your guns.

There are a couple of wildcards in such a scenerio (assumed to be China's million man army vs. armed American citizens defending their turf'.)

1) The U.S. govt could provide very valuable inteligence support (at least) to the foreign attackers.  Especially with the help of the Israelis who have played a strong role in U.S. internal intelligence gathering for quite a while now.

2) Both the Chinese and more recently the U.S. governments conceive of the biggest threats to their position being their own internal populations and there are just to many of us for their tastes in both countries.  Especially since as technology moves forward, there is less need for flesh-bots to run the equipment.  Such a framing will be even more the case under a 'one world government' leadership and is probably the main driver behind the 'SCN'.  A mutual destruction of all combatants would be 'not a bug but a feature.'

legendary
March 03, 2016, 02:23:06 PM

I've invited you to show the correlation.  That means I am open to objective evidence.

If you used to words loosely, though, and did not mean actual scientific correlation, just say so.

I am happy to debate the topic on opinions and principles.  Because you and I just don't need guns, you know.  All of the problems encountered during the day, they are solved with hammers or keyboards or gadgets or whatever.  See?  So we don't need guns.

Until, you know.  Until we do need them.

I understand your point of view. But with such argument you can justify anything.

"Why did you kill your neighboor?
Well of course he was a really pleasant dude and everything went smooth! But you never know. Maybe one day he would have threatened me."

That's why you get to know your neighbors. You have clam-bakes, and potlucks with them. You all learn to be friends. Then, when you need gun help against somebody from the outside, your neighbors are there to back you with their guns.

Cool

And then you become a fucking closed community unnable to evolve because of the global consanguinity.

Welcome to Texas!

This might be true if the population of your town is 500. But if it is 100,000, the people at the edge of your group have neighbors who are not in your group. They form their own group, and are part of two groups. As the groups get to know each other, they unite... until the whole town of (did I say 100,000?) 10,000,000 get to know each other and are on the same wavelength.

China's million man army doesn't stand a chance against your guns.

Cool
Activity: 293
March 03, 2016, 02:08:12 PM

I've invited you to show the correlation.  That means I am open to objective evidence.

If you used to words loosely, though, and did not mean actual scientific correlation, just say so.

I am happy to debate the topic on opinions and principles.  Because you and I just don't need guns, you know.  All of the problems encountered during the day, they are solved with hammers or keyboards or gadgets or whatever.  See?  So we don't need guns.

Until, you know.  Until we do need them.

I understand your point of view. But with such argument you can justify anything.

Well of course he was a really pleasant dude and everything went smooth! But you never know. Maybe one day he would have threatened me."

That's why you get to know your neighbors. You have clam-bakes, and potlucks with them. You all learn to be friends. Then, when you need gun help against somebody from the outside, your neighbors are there to back you with their guns.

Cool

And then you become a fucking closed community unnable to evolve because of the global consanguinity.

Welcome to Texas!
legendary
March 03, 2016, 01:38:56 PM

I've invited you to show the correlation.  That means I am open to objective evidence.

I am happy to debate the topic on opinions and principles.  Because you and I just don't need guns, you know.  All of the problems encountered during the day, they are solved with hammers or keyboards or gadgets or whatever.  See?  So we don't need guns.

Cool
March 03, 2016, 06:46:55 AM

legendary
March 02, 2016, 08:58:46 PM
You didn't and have not raised any correlation.

If you want, go ahead and compute the variance and show the correlation.  Be my guest.

Ahah xD
Usual Spendulus bad faith.

Well no need to try convincing you any further I'd say, you're far too brainwashed.
That being said, I'm sure you're a good little American! Heil Trump!

But from what I saw at least no one was able to prove that gun freedom is a good thing. They just ignore all the evidences showing it's a really bad thing.

Activity: 840
Merit: 529
March 02, 2016, 03:06:13 PM

If you want, go ahead and compute the variance and show the correlation.  Be my guest.

Ahah xD
Usual Spendulus bad faith.

Well no need to try convincing you any further I'd say, you're far too brainwashed.
That being said, I'm sure you're a good little American! Heil Trump!

But from what I saw at least no one was able to prove that gun freedom is a good thing. They just ignore all the evidences showing it's a really bad thing.
legendary
March 02, 2016, 12:42:07 PM
Funny how whatever is said here you still don't explain why your so protected states such as Texas have still this huge number of rapes and violent crimes. Higher than in less protected states.

I thought guns were here to protect you?
I did explain your attempt to insist correlation equals causation.  It's all caused by pet tigers.

Oh thanks professor Spendulus. So even if we're actually looking at how guns can help fight crimes, correlation between gun accessibility and crimes rates are not relevant?

Do you do everything like this in your life too?
Does that mean that when you say "I love this watch" to your wife while shopping and she buys it to you on your birthday you spit on her and yell at her that "correlation isn't equal to causation! It's not because I said that I loved it that I actually wanted it!".  Roll Eyes

Correlation has to be handled cautiously, and if you give me parameters that can play a role here I'll gladly revise my judgement. But considering my claim is: more guns doesn't imply a better security, I'd say that correlation between number of guns and crime rates is a FUCKING GOOD ARGUMENT!
Your words negate your argument.  You are only saying "I'd Like" the correlation to be causation.  You have not proved it or even tried to.

Therefore, my "pet tigers" argument is equally good.

I don't get the impression you even know how to equate correlation to causation. 

Hint:  It's NOT DONE by stating an opinion....

So there is no link between gun accessibility and crime rates for you? That's what you're implying by denying the correlation I raised between those two factors?

March 02, 2016, 05:30:24 AM
Funny how whatever is said here you still don't explain why your so protected states such as Texas have still this huge number of rapes and violent crimes. Higher than in less protected states.

I did explain your attempt to insist correlation equals causation.  It's all caused by pet tigers.

Oh thanks professor Spendulus. So even if we're actually looking at how guns can help fight crimes, correlation between gun accessibility and crimes rates are not relevant?

Does that mean that when you say "I love this watch" to your wife while shopping and she buys it to you on your birthday you spit on her and yell at her that "correlation isn't equal to causation! It's not because I said that I loved it that I actually wanted it!".  Roll Eyes

Correlation has to be handled cautiously, and if you give me parameters that can play a role here I'll gladly revise my judgement. But considering my claim is: more guns doesn't imply a better security, I'd say that correlation between number of guns and crime rates is a FUCKING GOOD ARGUMENT!
Your words negate your argument.  You are only saying "I'd Like" the correlation to be causation.  You have not proved it or even tried to.

I don't get the impression you even know how to equate correlation to causation. 

So there is no link between gun accessibility and crime rates for you? That's what you're implying by denying the correlation I raised between those two factors?
legendary
March 02, 2016, 03:45:21 AM

That's what I like about you... seriously. You recognize the importance of cause and effect. These other jokers are too busy being infatuated by themselves and each other to even look at it.

Cool
legendary
March 01, 2016, 03:27:58 PM

Jump to: