Pages:
Author

Topic: when cryptocurrencies can be used to buy basic needs? - page 8. (Read 2829 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
That is not going to happen anytime soon. This is because prices are volatile and small sellers will not accept crypto.
Activity: 27
That can take a lot of time in my opinion. For even general stores to start accepting crypto, the prices should be less volatile.
Activity: 140
For now, no one can tell when can we use crypto in buying our basic needs. Although we have started already using bitcoin in paying for bills, buying goods or services, and buy loads, hopefully, more and more merchants like in supermarket to accept bitcoin as payments for our daily basic needs. At some point, I agree with some members in this forum that anything is possible depending on the projects they are going to work out which utilizes the use of crypto as a currency in paying for our grocery items
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
when the country accept an fully supported crypto that would be the time you can buy basic needs with crypto. but of course crypto needs to develop first and find what is useful and useless. crypto that will be used should be fast or instant in transaction with low fees and if possible no fees.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"
A lot of projects are going on blockchain and new cryptocurrencies are being launched day by day but when can we actually see  them floating in real market for real use cases like buying a cigarette or bread? is it possible?
Crypto could be utilize actually depending on the project that has being implemented. There are areas where project is very essential to our life like some of the projects being implemented is focusing products where we could buy those products using the crypto they had offer in exchange as medium.
If the cryptocurrency can really be used for payment, it will be a huge change in technology and a huge improvement in the financial world. Let us wait and see.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
Crypto currency is very likely to be used to buy basic daily needs. This happens if our transaction is done in a country that legalizes transactions with crypto currency. If we use crypto currencies to buy something in a country that prohibits crypto currency, then we can only do it closed. Crypto currencies can be used for open transactions when the crypto currency has been legally accepted by the country where we are transacting. When in fact if we use crypto currencies for transactions then we are more practical because we don't need to carry a certain amount of money.
There's a new project named FiiiPay which is a cryptocurrency e-wallet that is capable of multi-currency transactions and able to carry over 1,500 cryptocurrencies.
Through the app, users are able to make peer-to-peer transfers, merchant payments, and even offline payments using FiiiLab-issued terminals (called FiiiPOS).

You may check their official website: https://fiii.io

Hope it helps.
Activity: 29
We can but not too available actually. Hey, the first transaction was for pizza, you know. However, I think it will take a minimum of 5 years to be used as daily currency.
yes and they exchanged two pizzas for a fucking huge amount of bitcoins. Whatever. How do you think these will be available for all?
Merit: 10
We can but not too available actually. Hey, the first transaction was for pizza, you know. However, I think it will take a minimum of 5 years to be used as daily currency.
Activity: 212
Merit: 3
A lot of projects are going on blockchain and new cryptocurrencies are being launched day by day but when can we actually see  them floating in real market for real use cases like buying a cigarette or bread? is it possible?
After the cryptocurrency returns to its function as a currency, not as a place for investment or trading place. The present situation will not allow it to become real, even to the smallest things as you say buy 'cigarettes and bread' there is no everyone will accept cryptocurrency as a payment system, unless he is a cryptocurrency user.
Activity: 182
While crytocurrency still need time to do all the things that we hope for it to do, there are some outlets that particularly ask to be paid in cryptocurrencies if possible. Not that this is a general thing yet, but some retailers or shop owners would rather prefer that you pay them in either Bitcoin or ethereum, here in my country. So hopefully, crypto will get to that stage soon when it becomes generally acceptable.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I hope it will happen in near future. I read an article yesterday where I found coinbase is thinking about adding payment feature. Hope our wait and expectations will be true.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
i think it is still a bit early. there are still people that things that bitcoin and other crypto currencies are being used for illegal things only such as buying narcotics or guns etc. i think that when people change their mind they will be more commonly used.
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

The problem is that the networks cannot deal with a lot of simultaneous transactions and it takes a lot of time to complete a payment. Also, you never know how much the final fee is going to be. As soon as these problems are solved, crypto will enter our everyday lives.
Activity: 322
well maybe cryptocurrency can we use to buy daily needs if the government has legalized it.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
Not sure when the crypto will be so deeply adopted that we will be able to purchase perishable items with it, but you can still buy a Amazon gift card with BTC and spend it on food, so indirectly you can already use it to buy the most basic stuff.
Activity: 98

Depends on the country. In Japan, as far as I know, the crypto currency is already used for domestic needs. The next such country, I guess, will be China or India. I hope that by 2020 all the leading countries will be able to use the crypto currency without hindrance.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Merit: 101
EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the
I don't think that we really need crypto to buy basic things. We still can use cash (visa has 2000 tx per sec, not so bad after all) and use crypto for other online payments to stay private and more secure.
Activity: 289
Merit: 10
It may be accepted on a daily payment ... However, to do this, Crypto takes time. Samsung is at the forefront of accepting payments by crypto. Can see here is the beginning.
Pages:
Jump to: