Pages:
Author

Topic: When is altcoin season??? - page 8. (Read 2266 times)

Activity: 3038
Merit: 647
April 06, 2020, 09:48:34 AM
In the past, there was a trend by investors that December is the altcoin season as Bitcoin moved fast in 2016 and 2017 in December and Jan. But now we have seen from the last two years that there was no season for the altcoin. It totally depends on Bitcoin price so whenever Bitcoin start increasing all other altcoins also go up.
What happen in the past does not necessarily happen in the future or in the present.
Some of us have enjoyed that time, altcoins season will never be forgotten as altcoins was more profitable than bitcoin that time.

in fact there was a report that XRP was the most profitable in 2017, more profitable than bitcoin at bigger percentage so people are expecting they will see a crazy market again where making money was just too easy.
Activity: 370
Merit: 1
April 06, 2020, 09:46:06 AM
Th ne market is dependent on Bitcoin movement either the token moves up with Bitcoin or it falls with Bitcoin fall. There are some tokens whose price is the same as bitcoin movement but there are some who falls when Bitcoin rises and falls when Bitcoin falls as well. Altcoin season will come when Bitcoin  dominance reduces which happens when price is too high for buy so people buy alts in hopes to earn more Btc value.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
April 06, 2020, 09:20:49 AM
In the past, there was a trend by investors that December is the altcoin season as Bitcoin moved fast in 2016 and 2017 in December and Jan. But now we have seen from the last two years that there was no season for the altcoin. It totally depends on Bitcoin price so whenever Bitcoin start increasing all other altcoins also go up.
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 402
April 06, 2020, 09:10:02 AM
alt season starts when bitcoin dominates up and stable, and bitcoin prices in uptrend make alt season begin and altseason ends when btc prices in downtrend and btc dominance down
How can BTC be stable? Bitcoin's price has always moved in this market and I have never seen it stabilize for years. And currently Bitcoin still dominates this market but altcoin still cannot grow. If altcoins want to grow, we need to eliminate scam and shoddy projects, then investors will definitely focus on the top altcoins and help their prices go up.

The truth is bitcoin will never become stable and its price will always remain unpredictable/unstable. Eliminating those scam projects is very difficult to do because day by day we can encounter this and even bitcoin dominates in the market still, other altcoins have a chance to grow, it just needs to have huge community supporters and trust of their investors. When it comes to the altcoin season, it just likes the bull run which no one knows when will comes but, I'm sure it can still possible. The movement of bitcoin has a big role in the altcoin seasons which it just dictates when will the altcoin started and ends.

The altcoin season will remain questionable as long the market is on the bear situation. And for me, I guess it might arrive after this pandemic or in the year 2021.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 06, 2020, 09:08:00 AM
In the past, altcoins have enjoyed immense gains during altseasons. Well this happens only if there is Bitcoin dominance... And I believe there are two types of principles to follow them

* Bitcoin dominance Increases when more and more people buy and simply hold BTC.

* Bitcoin dominance decreases when more and more people sell BTC.

So altcoins fate is purely depend on BTCs price reaction or altcoins are independent???guys please share your thoughts on this.

It is indeed, however not all the altcoins are effected though. If Bitcoin season comes then I am pretty sure that altcoin season will follow as well hence, if we want for this to happen massive adoption could be one of the key. Way back 2017 we have seen how Bitcoin became powerful and so for altcoins so we could say they are more likely interconnected with each other. Unfortunately, looking on what current situation we have even if there will be a halving I am afraid that this will might not bring a profit.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
April 06, 2020, 09:06:14 AM
Altcoins still depends in the price of BTC. We notice that if BTC rise then altcoins will follow along the road. So it's probably be BTC season not altcoin season and we'll see that if altcoins rise its just for a meantime not as high as BTC rise. Most of the investors seeks to try first the BTC because of the population towards other cryptocurrency. We see the price goes up again this upcoming halving and the adoption of other countries to bitcoin
Altcoins are now unable to control themselves and rely heavily on the price of Bitcoin, so investors will face a lot of risks if they are not careful when investing. I don't know what the future of this market is like but surely altcoin season will soon happen when the world situation becomes more stable. Of course, this is just my personal prediction and is still very much dependent on the crypto market.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
April 06, 2020, 09:01:59 AM
Most of the times as I noticed in the past few years when the bitcoin increase or dumping the altcoind are same movement.
But they have time or sometimes happen that they have opposite movement but most of the time altcoins are following bitcoin.
That is what I saw only it depends to you and others what their think about altcoins if they are base on the bitcoin or not.

That's the case after the bull run, slowly the price drop until altcoins loses its dominance and since bitcoin now owning the highest dominance, it's normal that the market moves when bitcoin moves, therefore at this point, we need to wait until bitcoin reaches its new ATH before we expect an altcoin season.

I know we all have been waiting for it, but let's be realistic while waiting.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
April 06, 2020, 08:55:00 AM
the altcoin season is usually preceded by the bitcoin season, so when bitcoin goes up, then altcoin is likely to go up too, but this is not necessarily also, because yesterday when bitcoin went up not all altcoins followed it. but at least with the increase in bitcoin makes hope that the altcoin season will arrive

Well, that was a wrong thought. The altcoin season never precedes bitcoin. Like in 2017, the altcoin season only started when bitcoin increased to a record of $ 20k and then all altcoins in this market were pumped. And in the next times I think this market will move the same way, we should expect bitcoin to break $ 20k for the altcoin season to begin.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 126
April 06, 2020, 08:43:02 AM
Altcoins still depends in the price of BTC. We notice that if BTC rise then altcoins will follow along the road. So it's probably be BTC season not altcoin season and we'll see that if altcoins rise its just for a meantime not as high as BTC rise. Most of the investors seeks to try first the BTC because of the population towards other cryptocurrency. We see the price goes up again this upcoming halving and the adoption of other countries to bitcoin
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
April 06, 2020, 08:09:28 AM
Most of the times as I noticed in the past few years when the bitcoin increase or dumping the altcoind are same movement.
But they have time or sometimes happen that they have opposite movement but most of the time altcoins are following bitcoin.
That is what I saw only it depends to you and others what their think about altcoins if they are base on the bitcoin or not.
Activity: 657
Merit: 102
April 06, 2020, 08:06:07 AM
alt season starts when bitcoin dominates up and stable, and bitcoin prices in uptrend make alt season begin and altseason ends when btc prices in downtrend and btc dominance down
How can BTC be stable? Bitcoin's price has always moved in this market and I have never seen it stabilize for years. And currently Bitcoin still dominates this market but altcoin still cannot grow. If altcoins want to grow, we need to eliminate scam and shoddy projects, then investors will definitely focus on the top altcoins and help their prices go up.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 629
April 06, 2020, 07:55:14 AM
True, Bitcoin's uptrend right now shows sign that altcoin season would be soon to happen. Hope nothing will disrupt this current trend.
Well its good to see the bitcoin price starting to recover but we cant be certain if this is the start for the market to turn bullish. Altcoin season will happen once btc price soar high, we know btc influence the price of alts. For the coming halving we're hoping it can affect the market positively despite of the problem we've been going through right now due to virus, lets just hope for the best and be optimistic.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
April 06, 2020, 07:42:43 AM
True, Bitcoin's uptrend right now shows sign that altcoin season would be soon to happen. Hope nothing will disrupt this current trend.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
April 06, 2020, 06:01:15 AM
Do not expect altcoins season, the hope of altcoin season will come to life only if Bitcoin is ready for bullrun, a new all time high will make things possible for altcoins

The performance of most altcoins depends on the performance of Bitcoin and the current performance of Bitcoin has begun to show good development after falling due to the impact of coronavirus. It's hard to predict when an altseason will occur but seeing that Bitcoin dominance is still high, I think it still needs time for an altseason
Activity: 2240
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
April 06, 2020, 05:46:08 AM
Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to live a beautiful bull period, there is nothing we can do other than wait.
There are a thousand things you can do other than wait. Waiting and hoping will not magically bring the bull for you. Enjoy your life, enrich it with knowledge and enrich others' own lives with knowledge. Spread the USE of crypto not just hodling for the sake of hodling. Promote crypto and show how it can be used to improve everybody's lives. Then the bull comes from all of these efforts.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
April 06, 2020, 05:34:08 AM
Altcoin season is just around the corner. As BTC reportedly climbed 10% this week, altcoins are showing great potential too. ETH, BNB, LINK are just some of the consistent altcoin leaders in the market. If you come to think of it, the gaming industry is also targeted by altcoins. EJC is a pioneer for this. Yet, PlayFuel, a new blockchain gaming altcoin has now a market cap of 200 million USD. PLF is standing strong among other gaming cryptos.

To more about PLF please click : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/playfuel-fueling-the-blockchain-gaming-industry-5237110
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
April 06, 2020, 05:19:24 AM
the altcoin season is usually preceded by the bitcoin season, so when bitcoin goes up, then altcoin is likely to go up too, but this is not necessarily also, because yesterday when bitcoin went up not all altcoins followed it. but at least with the increase in bitcoin makes hope that the altcoin season will arrive

Activity: 574
Merit: 24
April 06, 2020, 04:56:59 AM
Do not expect altcoins season, the hope of altcoin season will come to life only if Bitcoin is ready for bullrun, a new all time high will make things possible for altcoins
Activity: 882
Merit: 101
April 06, 2020, 04:51:56 AM
Activity: 1624
Merit: 624
April 06, 2020, 03:26:39 AM
In the past, altcoins have enjoyed immense gains during altseasons. Well this happens only if there is Bitcoin dominance... And I believe there are two types of principles to follow them

* Bitcoin dominance Increases when more and more people buy and simply hold BTC.

* Bitcoin dominance decreases when more and more people sell BTC.

So altcoins fate is purely depend on BTCs price reaction or altcoins are independent???guys please share your thoughts on this.

Unfortunately, you will not find this season you expect in the near future, as the world markets are in a general downward trend. Unfortunately, alternative cryptocurrencies will take some time to rise, as overall markets are in a downtrend and cryptocurrency markets are also heavily affected by this downward trend. On the other hand, as long as the dominance rate of Bitcoin does not decrease, it is not right to have such an expectation unless there is a serious new money inflow into the cryptocurrency markets and the world cannot overcome the current economic crisis. Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to live a beautiful bull period, there is nothing we can do other than wait.
Pages:
Jump to: