Author

Topic: Whitelist Requests (Want out of here?) - page 103. (Read 474339 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I would like to be whitelisted. I bought a few bitcoins back in november and managed to lock myself out of the account. So basically what I need to do is talk to some people here about how to get back into my own wallet.
Activity: 15
Can you please whitelist me? I don't think the time logged in counter is working properly. I am trying to participate in the auction forum. Very frustrating that I can't post yet...
Activity: 1
Hi I'm an embedded systems engineer looking to get into FPGA mining. I need to be able to contact some people directly on this forum via PM for some details on their setup for a specific FPGA board. I realize the point of this board is to keep spammers and people with needless questions from annoying the rest of the forum users. I would like an exception for the above reasons.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I would like to be whitelisted. I want to speculate how bitcoins will affect fiat currency and post the forums about mining.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
I like to get whitelisted.

Total time logged in: 1 days, 11 hours and 53 minutes.
does not make sense since i'm on the forum at least 8h a day during work Smiley

anywayz.. i'm in for the long run

Activity: 68
I have been building my own Bitcoin networking API for .Net/WinRT. I have found these forums to be incredibly useful in figuring out how the protocol works, and I have also been using wireshark to ensure my messages are being formatted properly. I would like to be able to participate further in the developer forums, as I am sure I will have questions and I can likely help solve problems as well. I am familiar with sockets, threading and asynchronous programming.

As further proof I am familiar Bitcoin and how it works. I currency manage multiple wallets, experimented with the stock exchange, and I've used the OpenCL miner.

I've met my post requirement and reached the 4 hour minimum. Unfortunately I have no friends here that can refer me.

Please promote me to Jr Member.

Thanks
Activity: 6
Hi, I'd like to get whitelisted please.  I've been using Bitcoins for several years, in fact my project http://freenetproject.org/ was one of the first to accept Bitcoin donations (now wishing we hadn't sold them, but we still have some!).

I haven't had occasion to visit these forums before but I'm now experimenting with Bitcoin mining and I'm running into issues that I could use some help with.

Personal blog: http://blog.locut.us/
Hi, I am not so new to the BC and I was searching for ways how to get some BCs. I would like to help translate this app: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/peerbetorg-play-without-house-edge-129620 . Unfortunately, that 5 posts/4 hours limits me, it's 7pm here and I would like to start work today. Thank you!
Activity: 12
I'm planning to backup my wallet

always a good move.
Activity: 14
I'm planning to backup my wallet
Activity: 12
I would love to be white listed because.......Im not new bitcoins, I not even new to this site. I am what you would call a professional lurker, but the time has come for me to say good bye to my lurking carrier, and graduate into a full-on member of the bitcointalk community. There are various threads that offer a wealth of information that I feel I could both contribute to, and learn from.

So, go on, ask me anything....
I like to join some discussions I am following
I am a professional designer and developer
I am the one who wants to be whitelisted.
Hi!

I'm translating bitcoin.org to hungarian (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinorg-weusecoinscom-call-for-translations-159129) and registered to reply and ask questions about the translation, however, it's out of the newbie-zone. Could I ask for an upgrade please, so I can get my questions answered there?
I'm also thinking on translating peerbet (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129620.280), but first I'd like to ask some questions there.

Thanks in advance, Garmine.
Activity: 85
I have spent a lot of time reading the forum, mining in the background with 2 x 5950 GPU's and taking a significant look around the various people selling goods accepting bitcoin, as well as playing a little on Mt.Gox.

Just wanting to post my outline of explaining bitcoin to my friends that I wrote for myself, and found that I needed to register and wait...

So here I am waiting...

Below I have pasted a section from my explaining bitcoin to my friends - if you feel that you can whitelist me then I can participate in the discussions - please.

---

Bitcoin is a system that safely protects your balance and transactions by making use of individuals and the Internet rather than a commercial system.  As a result, you have a currency that has almost zero transaction fees, and the flexibility to move money around the world instantly. There are no overheads to receive money, no merchant accounts, and no ability for any government to freeze your account or block you from receiving payments. The inflation rate is fixed, and therefore the value of your money cannot be diluted by a government deciding to print more money. In fact, the value of your bitcoin is only affected by how many people trust it and how many people want it. If trust, confidence and demand increases, the value of 1 bitcoin in relation to other currencies will also go up proportionality - potentially making it a very attractive investment.

Because money can be transferred with no delay and at almost zero cost, this opens up opportunities for a whole new way of trading.  4% fees to paypal to buy something off ebay is no longer needed - as paypal is no longer needed.  Micropayments are now possible, and reddit have made it possible to reward good posts with a bitcoin 'tip' which is the start of an interesting concept. It has the properties of cash, but it's electronic. Nobody takes a cut when you give somebody a tenner, and nobody needs to help you receive the tenner. No other electronic payment system has the ability to do this.

Its properties of being beyond the reach and impact of governments along with no-middle man to charge transaction fees makes it an interesting and attractive proposition.

How can we trust it?
In the same way as normal banks protect the history of your transactions, and ultimately your bank balance. Trust that your money is safe is a pillar of any electronic financial system. The job of the banks is to ensure that the computer systems safely and reliably store your bank balance and the history of transactions that go with it.

With Bitcoin, the balances and history of transactions must also be safe for it to work.

Roughly every 10 minutes, all the transactions that have occured in that time are wrapped up into a mathematical block and attached to all the previous blocks. This gives an authorized chain of transactions which is the 'truth' of the bitcoin currency. The math behind it ensures that once the block has been attached to the chain it cannot be modified or tampered with.

Each transaction is also verified before it is included in this block to ensure that the same money cannot be spent twice. Balances are derived from the total of all transactions already stored in the block chain, rather than the traditional method of a database storing a balance value.

This process mathematically ensures that the system is safe, without relying on any government to back it. But without any organization backing it, somebody needs to do the mathematical number crunching to validate the transactions and wrap them up into a 'block'.  Therefore a rewards system is built into the system for people who are willing to do this number crunching, and the more people doing it, the more reliable the system is.

Each time a block is wrapped up, the person who does this is rewarded with Bitcoins. People are the system!

But it's not really printing money as some have suggested.  There are a limited number of blocks (1 around every 10 minutes), and a fixed reward for creating a block (at the moment this is 25 bitcoins). All the people working to create blocks share this fixed reward.  The more people doing it, the less there is available per person.

How does it work?
There are plenty more details about the mathematical number crunching and how this part of the process works - but I think that most of us can treat this as a black box unless you are considering mining yourself.
Level 1 - Explanation: http://bitcoin.org/en/how-it-works
Level 2 - The Mathematics behind it. https://www.weusecoins.com/
Wiki: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/FAQ

Activity: 17
Hi,

I would like to become a full fledged member. I discovered BTC a few months ago and bought a few to test it out, but at the time I thought it was too far from the mainstream.

Now with the increased publicity, I think it's got a chance to become more widely adopted and I would like to one day become a valuable member of the community. I don't devolve much time to the subject at the moment because I log a ton of hours in my day job. However, I think that my skillset could be of interest to the community. I obviously don't want to reveal much here, but I occupy a major function at a very prominent financial institution, so I understand the actual workings of markets better than most people. Especially central banks :-)

Thanks
Activity: 2
I'm currently having problems with my graphics drivers. Installing the 2.7 or 2.8 SDK gives me 'kdbsync.exe has stopped working errors'.
So basically I can't mine Litecoins with my GPU at the moment. My CPU only does 26 kh/s and I tried to setup my Raspberry Pi for mining and produces a blazing fast 0.34 kh/s Tongue
Activity: 15
I'd like to be whitelisted so I can use the auction forum. Thanks! Smiley
Activity: 21
Now that I have also fulllfled the 4h limit could I get whtelisted so I can participate in topic 158246.20

thank you
Jump to: