Pages:
Author

Topic: Why Consider All Altcoins Bad - page 5. (Read 2892 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 21
January 03, 2020, 02:08:38 PM
Many altcoins are created to scam people or rip people off their hard earned money but you can easily find answers if you doubt the existence of altcoins by using search engine on merchants that accept crypto payments, many altcoins are accepted worldwide, DYOR
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
January 03, 2020, 01:30:07 PM
It is really bad for one to generalise and conclude all altcoins are bad, I have made cool cash from some Altcoin and I have lost as well but truth is, we still have very good and potential coins in the market, all needed is for one to just search.
No, whenever someone losses money in the market or makes the claim that most coins are bad investments, and we have data supporting that fact, investors are always told to look further, to put more effort into it and that somehow everything is going to be alright, well investors are tired of hearing the same song over and over again, do you even think about why the bitcoin dominance is over 68% when there was a point in which it was very low and many argued that the dominance will keep going down?

That is because investors no longer trust in altcoins and that they are going to achieve any of the things their developers said they were going to achieve, at this point in time it has become abundantly clear that the only coin in which you can trust is bitcoin.
Activity: 270
Merit: 10
December 31, 2019, 12:32:47 PM
The few projects with genuine interest get affected since investors are now very skeptical to invest in any altcoin, especially new altcoins. Not all altcoin projects are scam I admit, but to limit risk taking, atlesst 70% of my long term holding is in BTC. That's because so many of them are just clones of something else, slapped with a new brand name and marketed to people who don't know any better.  It's sad that some people buy into that hype and become bagholders while the coin devs are laughing all the way to the bank.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
December 31, 2019, 11:52:13 AM
In my opinion, I think that every currency must have cooperation with some real company to assert their value but they are not success to do that.
As you can see, Bitcoin is the king of coins but has difficulty getting recognition around the world, which will affect the psychology of companies when they want to be partnership with altcoins.
No partnership, no value.

the value is always there even though bitcoin is difficult to get recognition worldwide it is no surprise that there are many factors that must still be considered by every government in use cases and have crypto
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112
December 31, 2019, 11:50:18 AM
The question is why do some people generalize all Altcoins as bad? considering there are over 3000 of them out there. One would not have the time to go through each project one by one. to analyze the project. team etc everything behind each crypto project.
There has to be some project out there under good intentions. Not all projects could be a scam. I admit I only have a top 4 i consider when it comes to best coins. But yet many should be decent at least honest projects out there. Afterall we do need more projects. more quality projects out there in order for crypto to succeed.

your thoughts

I believe that there are people who could not make money with one or another altcoin, or they just see a price drop. All this causes negative in such people and they believe that all altcoins are scam. There are those who simply lie and try to enrich altcoins in favor of another cryptocurrency, in the unhappiness that people simply throw off altcoins. Of course there are those who do not understand at all, but simply write their opinion. However, of course there are those altcoins, the creators of which decided to abandon the support of their offspring and specifically merge their asset, making it useless to anyone. You just need to spend time studying altcoins and not make hasty conclusions.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
December 31, 2019, 11:50:10 AM
Yes, of course. Threefold network is the biggest decentralized grid of self-managing Internet capacity in the world that is being built collectively by an inclusive ecosystem and owned by everyone. The mission is to expand the current Internet to all areas of the world and to allow everyone to use this Internet at a fraction of its current price, but of course, I recommend you to have a closer look at their website to have a deeper understanding of the concept. And curious to know your thoughts afterwards

Sounds attractive, thank you for sharing. Will definitely have a closer look shortly and get back with my thoughts
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
December 31, 2019, 11:46:48 AM
Altcoins are the research and development unit of this market. There could be a lot of scams or nonsense. People shouldn't fall for this. We are entering a new year. We need to be a more conscious investor.
This is right but not for all altcoins there are only some altcoins which are inactive in the market because of the lack of expert developers or the developers do not give attention to their projects and try to start aother project to collect more money. Some coins come as scam coins but they do not survive in the market and we do not see them in the exchanges so if one do not invest in ICO then do not see that coin for their investment. While many of them are very great coins and are giving benefits to the blockchain technology.
December 31, 2019, 11:46:35 AM
You know, sounds rather familiar, but to be honest, cannot remember for sure. Can you please elaborate in more details on what the guys are coming with?

Yes, of course. Threefold network is the biggest decentralized grid of self-managing Internet capacity in the world that is being built collectively by an inclusive ecosystem and owned by everyone. The mission is to expand the current Internet to all areas of the world and to allow everyone to use this Internet at a fraction of its current price, but of course, I recommend you to have a closer look at their website to have a deeper understanding of the concept. And curious to know your thoughts afterwards
December 31, 2019, 11:41:44 AM
I cannot say that I have many as well, especially taking into consideration slow speed of new solutions discovery for me Smiley But a truly well-built and rather professional solution with practical value for almost everyone I can recommend today - ThreeFold Network. Have you heard of such a project already?

You know, sounds rather familiar, but to be honest, cannot remember for sure. Can you please elaborate in more details on what the guys are coming with?
December 31, 2019, 11:31:02 AM
I absolutely share your views here. And talking about you, are there many promising tokens and platforms you are now following and can recommend? I only have 2 or 3 most advanced ones I am aware of, so always interesting to get a real recommendation

I cannot say that I have many as well, especially taking into consideration slow speed of new solutions discovery for me Smiley But a truly well-built and rather professional solution with practical value for almost everyone I can recommend today - ThreeFold Network. Have you heard of such a project already?
December 31, 2019, 11:27:33 AM
I wouldn't say that we can be talking about all altcoins at once. From my point of view, much depends on the concrete platform/token and its particular prospects. And it is important to differentiate. Because again, only own and concrete analysis allows to get an objective overview

I absolutely share your views here. And talking about you, are there many promising tokens and platforms you are now following and can recommend? I only have 2 or 3 most advanced ones I am aware of, so always interesting to get a real recommendation
December 31, 2019, 11:23:38 AM
I wouldn't say that we can be talking about all altcoins at once. From my point of view, much depends on the concrete platform/token and its particular prospects. And it is important to differentiate. Because again, only own and concrete analysis allows to get an objective overview
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
December 30, 2019, 09:56:45 PM
In my opinion, I think that every currency must have cooperation with some real company to assert their value but they are not success to do that.
As you can see, Bitcoin is the king of coins but has difficulty getting recognition around the world, which will affect the psychology of companies when they want to be partnership with altcoins.
No partnership, no value.
Activity: 882
Merit: 268
December 30, 2019, 09:29:04 PM
Maybe some people say that because they don't know how some altcoins work and what is the difference from bitcoin, but some altcoins really not deserve nothing and was created just to scam.

all are still bound by altcoin's reputation as a whole, it's hard to only refer to good altcoin while 80% is fraudulent. there needs to be some changes to at least classify it in different ranking charts, it cannot be limited but can still be prevented by different methods, IEO is one example even though the quality of its success is increasingly biased.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
December 30, 2019, 05:56:39 PM
Altcoins are the research and development unit of this market. There could be a lot of scams or nonsense. People shouldn't fall for this. We are entering a new year. We need to be a more conscious investor.
Activity: 211
Merit: 55
December 30, 2019, 05:16:23 PM
The question is why do some people generalize all Altcoins as bad? considering there are over 3000 of them out there. One would not have the time to go through each project one by one. to analyze the project. team etc everything behind each crypto project.
There has to be some project out there under good intentions. Not all projects could be a scam. I admit I only have a top 4 i consider when it comes to best coins. But yet many should be decent at least honest projects out there. Afterall we do need more projects. more quality projects out there in order for crypto to succeed.

your thoughts

Not all of them are bad. Just 99.9% of them as history suggests.

https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20131229/
https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20141228/
https://coinmarketcap.com/historical/20151227/

Can you predict how many of today's top altcoins will still be in the top-200 list after 3 years?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
December 30, 2019, 04:59:46 PM
Maybe some people say that because they don't know how some altcoins work and what is the difference from bitcoin, but some altcoins really not deserve nothing and was created just to scam.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
https://www.payaccept.net/
December 30, 2019, 04:57:48 PM
It is really bad for one to generalise and conclude all altcoins are bad, I have made cool cash from some Altcoin and I have lost as well but truth is, we still have very good and potential coins in the market, all needed is for one to just search.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
December 30, 2019, 03:31:12 PM
Altcoin is really innovation, some people take advantage of it to do bad things like scamming people. altcoin is not bad, the people behind it and use it on their own interest, the true intention of altcoin is to make ourlives easier and have a better life using this altcoins to our convinience. I hope this technology will not be abuse but for advancement instead.

Bitcoin was the real innovation, not altcoin. The latter just tried to capitalize on the hype and popularity of Bitcoin. And I don't understand when you say that altcoins have made out lives easier. Can you give me a single real life example? Altcoins came with very big promises and claims. But none of their tall claims have got realized. Almost none of the altcoins have any real usage, other than trading in the cryptocurrency exchanges. And overall, they had a negative impact by poaching on the market share and userbase of Bitcoin.
And this is the reason why less and less people care about altcoins, altcoins came to the market making all kind of promises and for a time people believed those promises especially all of those that claimed they were better than bitcoin, but as time passed we are realizing that all of those promises have been unfulfilled, even the few good altcoins that we have in the market have failed in most of their goals while the rest are obvious scams or bad projects.

So scepticism has taken over the market and it does not matter what the developers of those coins claim about what they can achieve no one is believing in them anymore.
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
December 27, 2019, 08:09:08 AM
It depends on individual perception. For some people, if more than 20% of a particular group is consisted of scams, then they would label the entire group as unworthy of investing in. This threshold may vary from person to person. Some may even regard a particular group as worth investing in, even if it is known that 90% of that group is composed of scams. In the end, it is entirely up to the individual.
Yes world of crypto is so wide so making a specific decision about it will take so long so we cannot say whether it’s good or not but as per my own experience Altcoins are good to invest as most of them can be used as life changes and new Altcoin are not liked by me as well but bitcoin,  ETH and Ripple are best coins to invest your money as they will never disappoint you.
Pages:
Jump to: