Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 164. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
July 03, 2016, 05:22:57 PM

Since you *clearly* understand Atheism more deeply than everyone else here, (including the Atheists,) you must be an Atheist @BADecker!
I knew it all along....

You don't have to understand atheism to look up all the info about it, and see that the people expressing that info are acting the same way that religious leaders and evangelists in a religion.

BTW, did you get a wife through some Nigerian email scam? Just curious.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
July 03, 2016, 02:44:10 AM
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
July 03, 2016, 01:56:36 AM

The concrete evidence of the quote "Ignorance is a bliss." Isn't religious people tend to be more happy and joyful?

Precisely.

Atheism is not a religion.  A-theism is simply the absence of Theism. 

That can take any number of forms.  Pretty hard to generalize, wouldn't you agree?

I am neither an Atheist nor a Theist.  I am a bot.

"I have no GOD in this fight!"    Wink

The Atheists I know do not "hate" religion. 

Religion is simply a step along the way for the truly Enlightened.

What is a religion? A chunk of ground isn't a religion. A book isn't a religion. A religion is when a person makes something a religion in his own heart and mind.

The adamant chiming of atheists that atheism isn't a religion is itself a religion in those atheists, a religion that has as part of its doctrine and dogma, statements and beliefs that atheism isn't a religion. In part, atheism is a religion of non-religion.

Cool
As an Atheist that's when I agree with you, religion is a made-up story of a man and he do really want to recruit his religion because that's what he feel and what he believe. Sure you can have you own religion but when you try to shove your perspective with others then that's not fair and good enough.

Now you are explaining the religion of atheism perfectly.    Cool

Since you *clearly* understand Atheism more deeply than everyone else here, (including the Atheists,) you must be an Atheist @BADecker!
I knew it all along....
legendary
July 02, 2016, 10:27:50 PM
Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief, 

Hating atheism is self-hate, because atheism is a religion.    Cool
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 02, 2016, 08:08:33 PM
Atheist hate religion , simply because they are the adversary of there believes, the contradiction of there plan, they hate religion because religion , God is the center of there belief, 
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
July 02, 2016, 06:57:20 PM

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

— Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125, tr. Walter Kaufmann

First, it's important to avoid the not-so-uncommon misinterpretation that Nietzsche is saying God once was but no longer is: Nietzsche is definitely not saying that something happened to God as an entity (according to Nietzsche, God never existed), but rather that we have done something to God as an idea. Specifically, we have abandoned the idea of God, hence "killed" him, much as we would say "you are dead to me" to someone we no longer care the slightest about - though again, Nietzsche doesn't think God was ever real as an entity.

To Nietzsche, this is an inevitable step in the timeline of civilization. He claims that we both created God and are bound to destroy him, and furthermore that this latter event is on the horizon.
legendary
July 02, 2016, 06:12:24 PM

The concrete evidence of the quote "Ignorance is a bliss." Isn't religious people tend to be more happy and joyful?

Precisely.

That can take any number of forms.  Pretty hard to generalize, wouldn't you agree?

What is a religion? A chunk of ground isn't a religion. A book isn't a religion. A religion is when a person makes something a religion in his own heart and mind.

The adamant chiming of atheists that atheism isn't a religion is itself a religion in those atheists, a religion that has as part of its doctrine and dogma, statements and beliefs that atheism isn't a religion. In part, atheism is a religion of non-religion.

Cool
As an Atheist that's when I agree with you, religion is a made-up story of a man and he do really want to recruit his religion because that's what he feel and what he believe. Sure you can have you own religion but when you try to shove your perspective with others then that's not fair and good enough.

Now you are explaining the religion of atheism perfectly.    Cool
Activity: 910
Merit: 525
July 02, 2016, 05:46:44 AM
lol
really? you ask this question?
in the "money" forum?
 Cheesy
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 02, 2016, 05:34:50 AM

Precisely.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
July 02, 2016, 04:04:32 AM

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?

— Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Section 125, tr. Walter Kaufmann

legendary
July 01, 2016, 10:42:47 PM

A-theism! It cannot exist alone without Theism. How ironic.

It's just a simple prefix dude.  Not a miracle.  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_words_prefixed_with_a-
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 01, 2016, 10:38:23 PM

A-theism! It cannot exist alone without Theism. How ironic.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
July 01, 2016, 10:28:55 PM
All problems are human problems, even the religion ones.

In medieval times church [Christian] and state were so fused, you couldn't divide them on a hair breadth. Guess what happened then? Enlightenment happened.... lol  Cheesy Scientific breakthrough after breakthrough. So church authority diminished as science showed flaws in church [Christian] worldview. State gradually became sole official tax collector (because of separation of state and church) (but not solely in actuality; church continued as well (but now on its own), more cunningly, I would say). Church "authority" kept on diminishing as science kept on progressing more and more.

The God-of-the-Gap type of belief system is in grave danger if you ask me. Better revolutionize God concept, and thereby revolutionize spirituality and piety than cling to something that will never ever be the same again - thankfully, I might add.

All problems are human problems, even the religion ones.

Actually, it is science that is in grave danger.

Science has produced many of the conveniences of life... through scientific engineering, of course. We would like science to remain so that it can produce many more good things for us.

Science is at its pinnacle, however, and beginning to crumble. Why? Simply because scientists had no way to disprove God, and the more they tried, the more they proved His existence. Scientists don't talk about this very much. But the fact is, the more science attempts to discover the great, hidden wonders of the universe, the more they prove the existence of God.

This is why science has turned to theory. In science theory, scientists put together a bunch of science facts (and sometimes non-facts) as a new way to look at the combination of facts. Then they develop a conclusion about the theory. Often this conclusion suggests that the theory is fact, even though it is not proven to be fact.

People are seeing through this science deception. They are realizing that often the so-called science fact is based on what the scientists would like rather than on the truth. Graham Hancock is one of those who has discovered this in the field of archaeology. Donald E. Scott, Ph.D., and many others are finding out that stars are electrical in nature, and not atomic. Brian Cox has shown that Quantum Mechanics is pure probability, and that it can give no proven answers answers to anything alone, because it can give completely contradicting answers to everything. And there are many more.

Science as we know it is breaking down as the source for all knowledge. Why? Because many famed scientists have built and explained science according to their hopes and dreams rather than according to the truth.

Cool

jeeezus dude, you are so full of shit its frikkin hilarious. hey, what flavour religion are you anyway? just curious cuz
i swear sometimes i think even you dont believe any of the complete nonsense you post/spout. you're just trolling us rational
people fer shitz n giggles aren't you? you sneaky devil, you! And if you are, well i'm laughing with you mate. if not... well i'm still laughing!
oh wait! cant forget the little smiley face with sun glasses to make my post legit! here ya go... how about a couple?   Cool Cool
legendary
July 01, 2016, 10:17:46 PM
legendary
July 01, 2016, 10:11:13 PM

Precisely.

Cool
legendary
July 01, 2016, 08:34:55 PM

Precisely.

legendary
July 01, 2016, 06:05:34 PM
BADecker thinks he is a manipulator, and he he is very arrogant towards others.
I am glad he is just invisible to me these days, happy not to see his posts ever again.

And why he put BAD in his name tells me he is actually a bad person, he could even be worse that that, who knows what goes through a mind like his.
Gives me the chills, just thinking about it.

Poor little sensitive Racey. Not that I am not sensitive. But poor little Racey has a hard time even looking at the truth. I prayed for you.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Soon, I have to go away.
July 01, 2016, 05:43:25 PM
BADecker thinks he is a manipulator, and he he is very arrogant towards others.
I am glad he is just invisible to me these days, happy not to see his posts ever again.

And why he put BAD in his name tells me he is actually a bad person, he could even be worse that that, who knows what goes through a mind like his.
Gives me the chills, just thinking about it.
legendary
July 01, 2016, 04:41:18 PM
The true definition of Hate  (at all its kinds) : it's the manipulation of some idiots to make them act against other idiots who will make a reaction that pushes the first idiots to act again... etc.

At the end, both idiots will die or disappear or just lose their fight and will remind about what they gained from Hate...

At the same time, the manipulators (who were sitting away and laughing becsuse of their manipulation's success) will govern both of them.

Notice: the manipulators are generally without principles (they can motivate both idiots in their fight by media, infiltrators...) and without feelings  (so they don't share any of the thoughts that they inject in the mass's heads)...
but all what they know that they have after fight their own BENEFITS.

The manipulators will die, too.    Cool
I hope so but as long as there are people acting based on feelings and fellow without conscience... these manipulators will continue their dirty game by making the Hate as a fuel of disputes.  Sad

No "hope so" about it. Look at all the evil dictators from the 1900s. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Roosevelt, Churchill, many others. All dead. And Castro is almost gone.

Cool
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
July 01, 2016, 01:55:33 PM
The true definition of Hate  (at all its kinds) : it's the manipulation of some idiots to make them act against other idiots who will make a reaction that pushes the first idiots to act again... etc.

At the end, both idiots will die or disappear or just lose their fight and will remind about what they gained from Hate...

At the same time, the manipulators (who were sitting away and laughing becsuse of their manipulation's success) will govern both of them.

Notice: the manipulators are generally without principles (they can motivate both idiots in their fight by media, infiltrators...) and without feelings  (so they don't share any of the thoughts that they inject in the mass's heads)...
but all what they know that they have after fight their own BENEFITS.

The manipulators will die, too.    Cool
I hope so but as long as there are people acting based on feelings and fellow without conscience... these manipulators will continue their dirty game by making the Hate as a fuel of disputes.  Sad
Jump to: