Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 167. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 25, 2016, 04:06:25 PM
It's not a question of hate. Just dislike.

Reasons to dislike religion? That's a hard one... having to choose...

Let me check again the good book... I guess I could just open it on any blind page and I would find a reason.

But let's pick a good one:

"No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation." or
"If a person is illegitimate by birth, neither he nor his descendants for ten generations may be admitted to the assembly of the LORD"
Deuteronomy 23:2 (check different translations here: http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/23-2.htm)

Yes, you read it well. If up to about the year 1700, one of your ascendants was born out of marriage or from a forbidden marriage, you are going straight to hell, no matter what all of them did after or you did in your entire life.

Well, up to the tenth generation, you have 1024 ascendants. If only one of them was a bastard, you are nailed.

Moreover, since the text isn't clear ("not even in the tenth generation"), you might not be off the hook even if you have ten clean generations. No where the text says that at the eleven generation everything will be alright again.

Good luck.

Thats me totally  screwed then,  oh well i might as well go out and do some raping and pillaging since I'm going to hell anyways. I don't know why they even changed from the old testament,  thats what originally written so surely that's what we should follow.  I mean its outrageous that I'm not even allowed to beat my slaves anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
June 25, 2016, 04:02:35 PM

Let me check again the good book... I guess I could just open it on any blind page and I would find a reason.

"No one born of a forbidden marriage nor any of their descendants may enter the assembly of the LORD, not even in the tenth generation." or
"If a person is illegitimate by birth, neither he nor his descendants for ten generations may be admitted to the assembly of the LORD"
Deuteronomy 23:2 (check different translations here: http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/23-2.htm)

Yes, you read it well. If up to about the year 1700, one of your ascendants was born out of marriage or from a forbidden marriage, you are going straight to hell, no matter what all of them did after or you did in your entire life.

Well, up to the tenth generation, you have 1024 ascendants. If only one of them was a bastard, you are nailed.

Moreover, since the text isn't clear ("not even in the tenth generation"), you might not be off the hook even if you have ten clean generations. No where the text says that at the eleven generation everything will be alright again.

Good luck.

The passage you quoted was for the religion/government of ancient Israel. It doesn't have anything to do with salvation, but only with being part of the nation (assembly).

Since Jesus came and did His work of salvation, and since the passage you quoted was part of the ceremonial and governmental regs, it isn't really even for the Israel people of today, to say nothing of not being for anyone else.

However, if you keep on being dishonest about it, none of this will matter to you. Why not? The whole Bible and Israel thing is about salvation for eternal life. And you simply won't make it.

Cool
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
June 25, 2016, 04:00:21 PM

Good luck.

Lol, the good book -  hehehe, that's funny.

Yeah it seems to me its all about genes > the good ones and the bad ones > gotta keep the good ones pure.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
June 25, 2016, 12:57:08 PM

Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Soon, I have to go away.
June 25, 2016, 12:07:05 PM
You are now invisible.
legendary
June 25, 2016, 11:49:56 AM
If you lived out in the mountain woods, completely away from other people so that you never heard of God, you would still get the feeling of God from the things you saw in nature

I lived like this for three years, I got a complete picture of how it all related to me, and it was nothing to do with religion.
I was ten years of age.

That is all, no elaboration on this, except I am, who I am because.
Different strokes for different folks, isn't that the truth.

Still 10, right?     Huh

Don't be a dick again, can you not read. I was ten.

If you are still 10, you are still a dick. If you are older, you are simply a bigger one.

Cool
legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
June 25, 2016, 11:46:48 AM
If you lived out in the mountain woods, completely away from other people so that you never heard of God, you would still get the feeling of God from the things you saw in nature

I lived like this for three years, I got a complete picture of how it all related to me, and it was nothing to do with religion.
I was ten years of age.

Still 10, right?     Huh

Don't be a dick again, can you not read. I was ten.
legendary
June 25, 2016, 11:03:00 AM

Oh, noes!  @BADecker is in trouble now!

Actually, God prefers salvation over everything else. If a hateful Christian is saved, God wants it. But atheists don't have any chance to be saved as long as they remain in their atheism.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
June 25, 2016, 02:24:48 AM

Oh, noes!  @BADecker is in trouble now!
It's personal
June 24, 2016, 11:54:45 PM
But you don't live this way. You live among other people, the majority of whom are theists to some extent at least.

You say majority of people among whom people live are theists to some extent. Can you explain what you mean by 'to some extent' and 'at least'?
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
June 24, 2016, 10:36:45 PM
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
June 24, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

Atheists do not hate religion instead they do not see religion as necessary to their beliefs and life. I have friends who are atheists but do not hate religion, they do respect it since it is the belief of other people. They just dont join because they dot believe in God. But they value moral teaching which is important in daily living and maintaining moral aspects of society.
legendary
June 24, 2016, 10:00:19 PM

Thanks for all the pics, atheism religion.    Cool
June 24, 2016, 09:57:50 PM
legendary
June 24, 2016, 09:17:20 PM

I was ten years of age.

Still 10, right?     Huh
legendary
Soon, I have to go away.
June 24, 2016, 05:31:37 PM

I was ten years of age.

legendary
June 24, 2016, 05:14:12 PM

Oh, that's right. I saved Noah and his family, because they were the only good people left.

Besides, if I had let those wicked, evil people go on living a while longer, they would have sinned a lot more, and then died because of the death they brought on themselves anyway. Then, with all those extra sins "under their belt," they would have had more to be punished for in Hell.

Makes me feel good that I saved them from all that extra eternal Hell punishment. Too bad they didn't believe the promise of salvation to eternal life that I held out to them. If they had, they would have missed Hell and gained Heaven... joy and glory and life forevermore.

Cool
legendary
June 24, 2016, 05:08:49 PM
^ If God(s) (please notice this one with a capital), the Ground of existence [by definition] (not a being existing like the rest of all-that-is, is illogical, even to the point of killing (either physically or mentally/spiritually) other so called 'heathen' people, I will gladly and willingly right away opt for the lobotomy.

Do you own anything at all? If you own enough stuff, and have enough money, you can set an appointment with the lobotomist of your choice, and get the job done. Why can you do this? Because you own it, and it is logical that you can do what you want with the things that you own... trade it off to a lobotomist for a lobotomy.

God, having created everything, owns it all. Nothing He does with any of His stuff is illogical. Just be glad that He offers freedom... in your case, enough to get your lobotomy. Or does He offer you that freedom? Perhaps He won't let you get your lobotomy no matter how hard you try. Try it and see.

Cool
June 24, 2016, 04:41:47 PM
It's personal
June 24, 2016, 01:20:44 PM
^ If God(s) (please notice this one with a capital), the Ground of existence [by definition] (not a being existing like the rest of all-that-is, is illogical, even to the point of killing (either physically or mentally/spiritually) other so called 'heathen' people, I will gladly and willingly right away opt for the lobotomy.

Jump to: