Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 173. (Read 901343 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
May 23, 2016, 11:20:08 AM

Atheists don't hate religion. They simply want their religion of atheism to be the top religion.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
May 23, 2016, 10:56:23 AM
legendary
May 23, 2016, 02:06:19 AM
Hi! I don't really think being an atheist generally makes you hate religion. I mean let's face it, religion throughout history is one of the main reason we people misunderstand, judge or even hate each other. I think, for me personally, not having to believe in a certain god or teaching makes you look beyond the differences religion creates. So there, I think being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean you "hate" religion, you just have a different perspective about things that are not bound by any teachings. Cheesy

Human beings are religion-minded beings. This is because they don't know the future, and need something for security. Atheists and agnostics are religious people just like other people. The difference is that atheists try to be non-theistic about their religion. But they can't. There is too much evidence for God in the universe. Their religion is a religion of man as god, and lies about the real God existing.

Cool
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
May 23, 2016, 02:02:40 AM
Hi! I don't really think being an atheist generally makes you hate religion. I mean let's face it, religion throughout history is one of the main reason we people misunderstand, judge or even hate each other. I think, for me personally, not having to believe in a certain god or teaching makes you look beyond the differences religion creates. So there, I think being an atheist doesn't necessarily mean you "hate" religion, you just have a different perspective about things that are not bound by any teachings. Cheesy
legendary
May 23, 2016, 12:07:26 AM
So... I saw an ambulance driving down the highway... with a logo on the back reading, "In God We Trust"

Isn't it ironic to put, "In God We Trust" on an ambulance?

I mean... they aren't taking the patient to church... they are taking them to the hospital... ya know, that place full of science and shit... where human doctors heal patients, not gods

A more appropriate logo might read, "In Science We Trust", or "In Medicine We Trust", or "In Doctors We Trust"... right?

Disclaimer. Not too big of a disclaimer, so that people lose faith in medicine.

Cool
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 22, 2016, 10:51:33 PM
So... I saw an ambulance driving down the highway... with a logo on the back reading, "In God We Trust"

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/im/FPIYXf1.jpg

I mean... they aren't taking the patient to church... they are taking them to the hospital... ya know, that place full of science and shit... where human doctors heal patients, not gods

A more appropriate logo might read, "In Science We Trust", or "In Medicine We Trust", or "In Doctors We Trust"... right?

"In God We Trust" Meaning that they are trusting there skills on Gods hands and also it mean that without GOD they are nothing.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 10:28:36 PM

Really?  Show me one atheist terrorist, or anyone who killed in the NAME of atheism.

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lienin, Mao Zedong, Xi jinping (through Chinese Communist Party...) to name a few.
More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

Best regards.

Let's see:

Hitler - Catholic ("Gott mit uns", Jews killed Christ, blah, blah...), a psychopath

Mussolini - born Catholic, fascist dictator, respected Roman Catholic church, killed to consolidate his political power, his mother was a devout Catholic

Stalin - devout Marxist and a psychopath, killed because of his skewed Marxist ideology rather than a lack of faith in deity

Lenin, Mao Zedong - devout Marxists, probably killed because of political reasons rather than the religious ones

Xi jinping - a communist and a businessman, not sure why you even included that guy.

None of these guys killed in the name of Atheism.
They ALL did it in the name of atheism. Since everyone knows God exists in his heart, atheism isn't the thing that atheists would have you believe. Rather, atheism has to do with people attempting to set themselves up greater than God.

Essentially, all these guys did their warring in their own name, the name of the god they were trying to set up above the real God.

Give me one atheist guy who one day woke up and started killing believers because he did not believe what they believe.
Well, actually, this is impossible to do, since atheism isn't the thing that atheists (or even the dictionary) says atheism is. Everyone knows that God exists.

Atheists do not give flying puck what fucked up story you guys believe in, it does not matter.  We know it is a fairy tale.  Concocted in the minds of slightly retarded people.
Oh of course atheists don't give a "flying puck what fucked up story you guys believe in." Acting like they don't is part of the way that they attempt to cover up the knowledge of God in their hearts. So they lie a little. Probably everyone does... a little.

Only religious people make calls to kill non-believers as their "God given" duty.  These days, Christians do the missionary work trying to get the 10% of everyone's revenue, Muslims go by the book and "kill them where ever you can find them"..., Jews, well, they still think they are the chosen ones, special "God's children", gentiles are stupid animals etc.  All bullshit of course.

People are religious beings. The reason atheists do what they do is because of their religion.

Cool

you really need to get outta that nutshell and educate yourself beyond the
religious brainwashing you must have received in your childhood.
all your atheist stalin hitler nonsense has long since been debunked.
seriously go do some real research that doesnt involve church/bible sunday school teaching bullshit.
Read some real science written by scientists who do real science,
without  believing in an invisble sky fairy.
which,by the way, is the reason why you can post your gibberish  on your internet  device on this forum.
Its all because scientists did real science without the interference of
supersticious religious nonsense holding them back, unlike the dark ages when all science
WAS held back because religious idiots like you believed in God swill.

A long time ago religious scholars stopped talking to atheistic scientists. Why did they do this? Because the scientists where hypocritical in the things that they said. Then the scientists blamed the religious scholars for breaking off talks.

One of the basic laws of science is cause and effect, as upheld by Newton's 3rd Law. Nothing has factually destroyed Newton's 3rd Law.

Entropy shows us that there must have been a beginning to all this. If the universe had been going on forever, there wouldn't be any complexity. There would be no life. Everything would have dispersed and diffused into complete simplicity, or near it, by now.

This means that there was an original "Causer." We don't scientifically see what the cause of the universe is. But whatever it is, it must be very great to have caused all the complexity that exists, especially the complexity of the human brain and mind.

Entropy shows us that everything is losing complexity. This means that even the complexity of the human brain and mind is dissipating. Thus, the Causer was more complex than humans just to cause them to exist. The Causer fits the dictionary definition of our word "God."

You really need to look clearly at what is going on at the core of the world and science, and why. Scientists ignore the fact of God simply because they want to. Then they go out and teach naive unscientific people that God is fiction... because they want to.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
May 20, 2016, 09:31:56 PM

Really?  Show me one atheist terrorist, or anyone who killed in the NAME of atheism.

Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Lienin, Mao Zedong, Xi jinping (through Chinese Communist Party...) to name a few.

Best regards.

Let's see:

Hitler - Catholic ("Gott mit uns", Jews killed Christ, blah, blah...), a psychopath

Mussolini - born Catholic, fascist dictator, respected Roman Catholic church, killed to consolidate his political power, his mother was a devout Catholic

Stalin - devout Marxist and a psychopath, killed because of his skewed Marxist ideology rather than a lack of faith in deity

Lenin, Mao Zedong - devout Marxists, probably killed because of political reasons rather than the religious ones

Xi jinping - a communist and a businessman, not sure why you even included that guy.

They ALL did it in the name of atheism. Since everyone knows God exists in his heart, atheism isn't the thing that atheists would have you believe. Rather, atheism has to do with people attempting to set themselves up greater than God.

Essentially, all these guys did their warring in their own name, the name of the god they were trying to set up above the real God.

Give me one atheist guy who one day woke up and started killing believers because he did not believe what they believe.
Well, actually, this is impossible to do, since atheism isn't the thing that atheists (or even the dictionary) says atheism is. Everyone knows that God exists.

Atheists do not give flying puck what fucked up story you guys believe in, it does not matter.  We know it is a fairy tale.  Concocted in the minds of slightly retarded people.
Oh of course atheists don't give a "flying puck what fucked up story you guys believe in." Acting like they don't is part of the way that they attempt to cover up the knowledge of God in their hearts. So they lie a little. Probably everyone does... a little.

Only religious people make calls to kill non-believers as their "God given" duty.  These days, Christians do the missionary work trying to get the 10% of everyone's revenue, Muslims go by the book and "kill them where ever you can find them"..., Jews, well, they still think they are the chosen ones, special "God's children", gentiles are stupid animals etc.  All bullshit of course.

People are religious beings. The reason atheists do what they do is because of their religion.

Cool

you really need to get outta that nutshell and educate yourself beyond the
religious brainwashing you must have received in your childhood.
all your atheist stalin hitler nonsense has long since been debunked.
seriously go do some real research that doesnt involve church/bible sunday school teaching bullshit.
Read some real science written by scientists who do real science,
without  believing in an invisble sky fairy.
which,by the way, is the reason why you can post your gibberish  on your internet  device on this forum.
Its all because scientists did real science without the interference of
supersticious religious nonsense holding them back, unlike the dark ages when all science
WAS held back because religious idiots like you believed in God swill.

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
May 20, 2016, 09:01:19 PM

this^

+1000
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
May 20, 2016, 07:58:41 PM

legendary
May 20, 2016, 05:00:00 PM

Best regards.

Let's see:

Cool
legendary
May 20, 2016, 04:48:22 PM

Best regards.

I was simply trying to be agreeable and give him one as he asked.     Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
May 20, 2016, 03:20:41 PM

Some communists are atheists.
Some atheists are capitalists.

Not sure what is your point.  Why you're linking communism to atheism?  They are two completely unrelated world views.  Maybe you should read a little on set theory and logic operations.

Soviet union case was unique.  Russian Orthodox church was a very powerful political force before 1917.  When communists came to power they eliminated all political opposition.  They started by killing off all intelligentsia, middle class, then reached to religious leaders, and Christians in general.

Religion in Soviet Russia was seen as a competing ideology to Marxism and Communism.  They had to eradicate it for their political survival.
So yes, Christians were routinely killed and churches converted into wheat storage or furniture stores.  Again not much to do with atheism.

Sure you can say that or you can speak by the word and take what I already said as truth: atheism is the foundation of communism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E2%80%93Leninist_atheism

And also what is happening right now in China and North Korea
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/china-continues-to-tear-down-crosses-from-zhejiangs-churches-1116405
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_North_Korea
as already said.

Atheism is the foundation of communism and atheism is pursued by any communist state as State religion.

Best regards.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 02:43:48 PM

Best regards.

Let's see:

If Hitler and Mussolini were Christians I have nothing to say but: study more.
Atheism is at the foundation of Communism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marxist%E2%80%93Leninist_atheism
Again: nothing more to say but "study more"

Hint: Soviet Union arrived to put a legislation framework to ban entirely religious beliefs, the same thing is happening today in China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_anti-religious_legislation
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/china-continues-to-tear-down-crosses-from-zhejiangs-churches-1116405

Best regards.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 12:45:04 PM

Best regards.
legendary
May 20, 2016, 12:03:34 PM
I don't call myself atheist. But the hate these so called religious people have for other religion, the war and hypocrisy, I think the world have been better without any religion. These people call religion to be good and peaceful, but that holds true only talking about their own religion. Mine is good and others is not. So much stupidity. There's no hell or heaven but there religious extremist are turning this earth to a living hell.

just reading your words gives me goosebumps specially There's no hell or heaven but somehow i agree on what you said that the world have been better without any religion because just imagine what if we have no religion then there are no wars on what are they believing in.

Humans will find other things to fight about

Religions (and other non religious ideologies) are used to convince sane people to commit insane acts.

Large majority of people are not born with instincts to kill other humans.  It is not natural to kill for some abstract ideas.
Same can be observed in rest of the animal kingdom.   Religion (and other COMMON beliefs) is what made otherwise insignificant monkey rule the world.

Unified beliefs helped people to form large groups with common goals.  Neanderthals lost to Sapiens not because they were weaker or could not fight.
A Neanderthal would rip a little Sapiens monkey apart in 10 seconds or less.

They lost because their bands were small, 50-100 people, vs hordes of 5000-1000 of Sapiens.  They did not stand a chance.  All thanks to religion.

Today, people invented bunch of other ideas to 'unite' them.  Government, nationalism, all other *-isms, racial & tribal divides, political differences, and of course religions.

All of these abstract ideas can be used to start new wars.  In the end, all wars are about resources, ideologies are there to convince people to go along and commit horrible acts.

People who went through the hell of war on the front lines, have seen, done atrocities, come back psychologically damaged.  No matter if they are American, German, Russian or Japanese.  They all become pacifists in the end.  No abstract ideas will ever convince them that a given war is a just war.

So why to hate Religion?  Because in the end, it causes pain and misery to a large number of people, religious or not.

And the worst religion for causing pain to people is atheism.    Cool

Really?  Show me one atheist terrorist, or anyone who killed in the NAME of atheism.

Stalin.    Cool
legendary
May 19, 2016, 08:19:23 PM
I don't call myself atheist. But the hate these so called religious people have for other religion, the war and hypocrisy, I think the world have been better without any religion. These people call religion to be good and peaceful, but that holds true only talking about their own religion. Mine is good and others is not. So much stupidity. There's no hell or heaven but there religious extremist are turning this earth to a living hell.

just reading your words gives me goosebumps specially There's no hell or heaven but somehow i agree on what you said that the world have been better without any religion because just imagine what if we have no religion then there are no wars on what are they believing in.

Religions (and other non religious ideologies) are used to convince sane people to commit insane acts.

Large majority of people are not born with instincts to kill other humans.  It is not natural to kill for some abstract ideas.
Same can be observed in rest of the animal kingdom.   Religion (and other COMMON beliefs) is what made otherwise insignificant monkey rule the world.

Unified beliefs helped people to form large groups with common goals.  Neanderthals lost to Sapiens not because they were weaker or could not fight.

They lost because their bands were small, 50-100 people, vs hordes of 5000-1000 of Sapiens.  They did not stand a chance.  All thanks to religion.

Today, people invented bunch of other ideas to 'unite' them.  Government, nationalism, all other *-isms, racial & tribal divides, political differences, and of course religions.

All of these abstract ideas can be used to start new wars.  In the end, all wars are about resources, ideologies are there to convince people to go along and commit horrible acts.

People who went through the hell of war on the front lines, have seen, done atrocities, come back psychologically damaged.  No matter if they are American, German, Russian or Japanese.  They all become pacifists in the end.  No abstract ideas will ever convince them that a given war is a just war.

So why to hate Religion?  Because in the end, it causes pain and misery to a large number of people, religious or not.

And the worst religion for causing pain to people is atheism.    Cool
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
May 19, 2016, 09:05:24 AM

Non sequitur.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
May 19, 2016, 08:05:34 AM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 19, 2016, 03:21:52 AM

Jump to: