Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 233. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 02, 2016, 04:52:38 PM
Now Google is in on the conspiracy too?  lol... you crack me up dude...

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded"
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 02, 2016, 04:50:49 PM
Since you are unwilling to look at the facts, but would rather believe the media lies and exaggerations, you will probably feel quite comfortable in your atheism and evolution religions. Ostrich with head in sand feel comfortable, too.

The problem is... 99.9% of scientists accept evolution... why would I listen to the 0.01% who deny it?  Why do you listen to that rubbish?

No. The humor is that you seem to think that 99% of scientists accept evolution as truth.

Cheesy

From Evolution Is Biologically Impossible at http://www.icr.org/article/evolution-biologically-impossible/:

Reproduction may be called a regularity because billions of people have witnessed billions of new individuals arising that way, and in no other way, for thousands of years. The origin of life was a unique event and certainly not a regularity. Therefore, according to mathematical logicians, the only possibilities left are that life either was generated by chance or by deliberate design. The standard for impossible events eliminated evolution so the only remaining possibility is that life was designed into existence. The probability of the correctness of this conclusion is the inverse of the probability that eliminated evolution, that is, 104,478,296 chances to one.

Smiley
February 02, 2016, 04:50:31 PM
Since you are unwilling to look at the facts, but would rather believe the media lies and exaggerations, you will probably feel quite comfortable in your atheism and evolution religions. Ostrich with head in sand feel comfortable, too.

The problem is... 99.9% of scientists accept evolution... why would I listen to the 0.01% who deny it?  Why do you listen to that rubbish?

No. The humor is that you seem to think that 99% of scientists accept evolution as truth.

Cheesy

Google it, I'll even hand you the link again
https://www.google.com/search?q=percent+of+scientists+who+believe+in+evolution
legendary
February 02, 2016, 04:42:26 PM

Cheesy
February 02, 2016, 04:41:06 PM

I have looked at plenty of papers on evolution, I understand it in detail, and agree with the conclusions and predictions that evolution makes

You are asking me the equivalent of looking into claims that bigfoot exists, or the tooth fairy, or aliens... why would I listen to that rubbish?  I'm into facts and evidence that can be verified in a laboratory... not some wild idea from a lunatic
legendary
February 02, 2016, 04:40:16 PM
Google and DuckDuckGo search on "Why Evolution is Impossible" to see why evolution is impossible. The reasons why evolution is impossible outweigh all the drivel of people trying to suggest or prove that it can be possible.

I'm sorry you turn a blind eye to science and evolution... but, as I said, that does not make it any less true...

The amount of evidence is support of the theory of evolution is staggering... 99.9% of scientists accept this evidence as having been independently verified, and capable of predicting future events.  This is also a requirement of a scientific theory... if a theory cannot predict future events, it is useless...

Fortunately, evolution is valid, and is the current accepted theory of how humans and other species have changed on this planet over the course of millions of years.

Granted, you might believe the world is only 5-7000 years old (half of Christians do), and its another conspiracy that science suggests it is over 4 billion years old?

Smiley
February 02, 2016, 04:36:25 PM
Google and DuckDuckGo search on "Why Evolution is Impossible" to see why evolution is impossible. The reasons why evolution is impossible outweigh all the drivel of people trying to suggest or prove that it can be possible.

I'm sorry you turn a blind eye to science and evolution... but, as I said, that does not make it any less true...

The amount of evidence is support of the theory of evolution is staggering... 99.9% of scientists accept this evidence as having been independently verified, and capable of predicting future events.  This is also a requirement of a scientific theory... if a theory cannot predict future events, it is useless...

Fortunately, evolution is valid, and is the current accepted theory of how humans and other species have changed on this planet over the course of millions of years.

Granted, you might believe the world is only 5-7000 years old (half of Christians do), and its another conspiracy that science suggests it is over 4 billion years old?
legendary
legendary
February 02, 2016, 04:22:31 PM
Not only that, but I even read "Planet of the Apes" book, saw the movie, saw a couple of the sequels, and read the some of the papers on evolution. Actual papers on evolution only suggest that evolution might be fact. Much media says it is fact. Have you seen it in "Enquirer?"

Watching you argue about fact of evolution is like watching a Christian try to argue that the bible is historically accurate...

Wherever you got your "facts", they are 100% wrong...

Do you think its a conspiracy that 99.9% of scientists accept evolution as a fact?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/creationism-america-survey_n_5434107.html

Anyone can edit Wikipedia. And you haven' figured out that the media is there for sensationalism, yet?

Smiley
legendary
February 02, 2016, 04:19:21 PM
Not only that, but I even read "Planet of the Apes" book, saw the movie, saw a couple of the sequels, and read the some of the papers on evolution. Actual papers on evolution only suggest that evolution might be fact. Much media says it is fact. Have you seen it in "Enquirer?"

Watching you argue about fact of evolution is like watching a Christian try to argue that the bible is historically accurate...

Do you think its a conspiracy that 99% of scientists believe evolution is a fact?

So, what conspiracy are you promoting when you suggest that 99% of the scientists believe evolution is a fact?

Smiley
February 02, 2016, 04:14:56 PM

Watching you argue about the fact of evolution is like watching a Christian try to argue that the bible is historically accurate...

Do you think its a conspiracy that 99.9% of scientists accept evolution as a fact?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support_for_evolution
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/02/creationism-america-survey_n_5434107.html
legendary
February 02, 2016, 04:12:50 PM

This has nothing to do with your god.

It's only a question of biology and evolution... You claim your god is behind the evolution process?

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Furthermore, nowhere in the universe have we found anything that is greater being produced by something that is lesser. There is much scientific speculation about this. But it is not seen anywhere. In fact the opposite is the only thing that we see.

Everything has to do with my God... the God of creation.

Smiley

So you're denying the idea of evolution?

Well I understand better xD
Evolution is not just a "theory". It has been proven through Darwin's experiments then verified by multiple different scientists. It's through the evolution principles are the base of multiple scientific progresses.

How can I be denying the idea of evolution when I am talking about it? As usual, you are not thinking clearly. The idea of evolution makes for fun thinking and stimulation. Think of all the science fiction stories that would never have existed if the idea of evolution was not around. Besides, it's in the textbooks. I'd have to have been a hermit on mountain all my life to deny the idea.

The term "evolution" has come to mean many things to many people. Some of these might be truth. But many of them are not. Because of this, when you say that evolution has been proven, you are wrong, except that you explain the particular definitions and applications of the term "evolution" where it might happen to be exist factually. Darwin's experiments never came close to proving evolution. Even Darwin, himself, doubted his own work. Read the things that he says.

"Evolution" as a principle where more complex life comes about from less complex life is completely flawed. Such a thing doesn't happen in nature that anybody has been able to find. When a scientist creates evolution under laboratory conditions, it is complex life (the scientist) making less complex material to become more complex material.

The evolution principle that over time one species of creature becomes a different species is completely flawed. There aren't any missing links that can be proven such in the fossil record. People may theorize. People may hope. But in the end, there is no proof.

The evolution principle that inorganic material became life is completely flawed. Not only is there no evidence of such happening, we complex humans can't even make it happen in the laboratory.

So, what is your definition or application that is termed "evolution" that actually works?

Smiley

Well... I don't know if you ever tried to read anything about evolution... Seems to me you didn't. Otherwise you would know that evolution is largely proven, that we managed to list each and every species in a precise evolution order and that everythin matches with such perfection that it would be incredible that this theory is flawed as you say.

But that means you believe humans were created the way they are now? So that we didn't evolve from a common ancestor with great apes? And when was the humanity created?

Smiley
Activity: 555
Merit: 507
February 02, 2016, 03:37:08 PM

It's only a question of biology and evolution... You claim your god is behind the evolution process?

Evolution!?  Now, there's a joke. All the proven things that are called "evolution," can also be demonstrated to be "programming." Presently, there isn't enough evolution fact around that shows how anything could have developed from scratch by evolution. And if somebody DID happen to show an evolution process that had no holes in it, so that it was absolutely possible for something to have come about by evolution, there is STILL no way to prove that this is what really DID happen.

Furthermore, nowhere in the universe have we found anything that is greater being produced by something that is lesser. There is much scientific speculation about this. But it is not seen anywhere. In fact the opposite is the only thing that we see.

Smiley

Evolution is not just a "theory". It has been proven through Darwin's experiments then verified by multiple different scientists. It's through the evolution principles are the base of multiple scientific progresses.

How can I be denying the idea of evolution when I am talking about it? As usual, you are not thinking clearly. The idea of evolution makes for fun thinking and stimulation. Think of all the science fiction stories that would never have existed if the idea of evolution was not around. Besides, it's in the textbooks. I'd have to have been a hermit on mountain all my life to deny the idea.

The term "evolution" has come to mean many things to many people. Some of these might be truth. But many of them are not. Because of this, when you say that evolution has been proven, you are wrong, except that you explain the particular definitions and applications of the term "evolution" where it might happen to be exist factually. Darwin's experiments never came close to proving evolution. Even Darwin, himself, doubted his own work. Read the things that he says.

"Evolution" as a principle where more complex life comes about from less complex life is completely flawed. Such a thing doesn't happen in nature that anybody has been able to find. When a scientist creates evolution under laboratory conditions, it is complex life (the scientist) making less complex material to become more complex material.

The evolution principle that over time one species of creature becomes a different species is completely flawed. There aren't any missing links that can be proven such in the fossil record. People may theorize. People may hope. But in the end, there is no proof.

The evolution principle that inorganic material became life is completely flawed. Not only is there no evidence of such happening, we complex humans can't even make it happen in the laboratory.

So, what is your definition or application that is termed "evolution" that actually works?

Smiley

Well... I don't know if you ever tried to read anything about evolution... Seems to me you didn't. Otherwise you would know that evolution is largely proven, that we managed to list each and every species in a precise evolution order and that everythin matches with such perfection that it would be incredible that this theory is flawed as you say.

But that means you believe humans were created the way they are now? So that we didn't evolve from a common ancestor with great apes? And when was the humanity created?

BadDecker is probably the best evidence they have against evolution. His brain is still in the stone age.
Without evolution we would not need to develop new medicines. Viruses and bacteria would always stay the same and would work every single time.
Some less educated call it micro evolution to get away with it since they think the world is only 5-6000 year. Their little brains can't imagine what little changes might do over millions of years like the age of the earth really is
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
February 02, 2016, 03:09:11 PM

Smiley

Smiley

February 02, 2016, 02:52:32 PM
Evolution is a fact:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_theory#Fact

biologist Richard Lenski says, "Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change."

Evolution has been verified by multiple branches of science...

The fossil record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The genetic record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The gestation record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The medical record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet. (deprecated organ systems like tonsils)

Evolution has been proven under laboratory tests and conditions:
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/scientists-watch-wasps-diverge-become-separate-species

What more do you want?!?

Wikipedia can be edited by anybody.

None of the so-called evolution listings you listed is any more that pre-programming. It has been suggested to be evolution. The word "evolution" may have been changed in meaning to cover the pre-programming. But it isn't evolution in the sense that there is spontaneous random happenstance. Spontaneous randomness is completely against the fundamentals of all science.

Wasps changing, if it happens to be the truth, is pre-programming written in the DNA.

Smiley

Btw, scientific understanding includes science theory. Theory is not fact. If it were, it would not be theory. Because of this, theory must be considered to be fictional until it is proven to be fact. The point is, scientific understanding is partially fiction. Thus, science is science fiction.

Smiley

You clearly did not read the Wikipedia link you quoted... try reading a bit and you might understand...

You also do not understand that in science, a "Theory" is the best it gets... if evolution is a theory, that means it has been demonstrated to be true by multiple sources, survived peer review for 300 years, and is still valid and accepted today... evolution is not a hypothesis, its a full blown accepted and demonstrated theory, supported by facts and evidence, encompassing multiple branches of science

God is a hypothesis, with no verifiable evidence to support the claim... see the difference?

Also, read the bible... there is no faster path to becoming an Atheist than reading the bible... Seriously... read your damn book and you will see...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 02, 2016, 02:42:05 PM
How can you talk about something (Science) if you don't know it?

Once again, Science and Religion are polar opposites... religion has NOTHING to do with science... religion murders scientists, burns their books and libraries... religion HATES science... what don't you understand here?

Religion pushes for non-truths to be taught in schools (intelligent design, etc)

Religion denies the fact of Evolution...

Religion is bigotry at its finest!...  Religion condones slavery, homophobia, murdering your own children, etc

Religion HATES Science, facts, and reality!

Science comes from Wisdom which comes from the Fear of the Lord.

How do you understand Science without Wisdom?

What religion are you talking about?

Best regards.

legendary
February 02, 2016, 02:06:14 PM
Evolution is a fact:

biologist Richard Lenski says, "Scientific understanding requires both facts and theories that can explain those facts in a coherent manner. Evolution, in this context, is both a fact and a theory. It is an incontrovertible fact that organisms have changed, or evolved, during the history of life on Earth. And biologists have identified and investigated mechanisms that can explain the major patterns of change."

The fossil record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The genetic record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The gestation record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet.

The medical record shows both short-term and long-term evolution in numerous species of creature living on this planet. (deprecated organ systems like tonsils)

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/scientists-watch-wasps-diverge-become-separate-species

What more do you want?!?

None of the so-called evolution listings you listed is any more that pre-programming. It has been suggested to be evolution. The word "evolution" may have been changed in meaning to cover the pre-programming. But it isn't evolution in the sense that there is spontaneous random happenstance. Spontaneous randomness is completely against the fundamentals of all science.

Wasps changing, if it happens to be the truth, is pre-programming written in the DNA.

Smiley

Btw, scientific understanding includes science theory. Theory is not fact. If it were, it would not be theory. Because of this, theory must be considered to be fictional until it is proven to be fact. The point is, scientific understanding is partially fiction. Thus, science is science fiction.

Smiley
legendary
February 02, 2016, 02:03:46 PM
Evolution is a fact:

What more do you want?!?

Smiley
Jump to: