Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 237. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 01, 2016, 11:36:06 AM
All current religions have a "one god" theme. They're monotheistic to be precisely.

Someone I know once said: "I hope there really is a hell, because as bad as it could be, at least it would be way better to just dissappear as the flame of a candle into nothingness".

We don't have God-strength complete in this life. This life is a test for us. It is the place of choosing. It is the Pergatory of the Roman Catholic Church, if you will.

If we die without Jesus salvation, we die the death of an eternal, all-powerful god that kills himself. It is a gut-wrenchingly painful, everlasting dying/death. Why? Because we have used God-strength to make a destruction of our god-self.

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 01, 2016, 11:19:59 AM
All current religions have a "one god" theme. They're monotheistic to be precisely.

Someone I know once said: "I hope there really is a hell, because as bad as it could be, at least it would be way better to just dissappear as the flame of a candle into nothingness".
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 01, 2016, 11:11:10 AM
Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I don't believe it says anywhere in the bible that questioning doctrine is a sin

Only a fool believes things without questioning them...

Though, religion does seem to be a gullibility test of sorts

Thanks for the input, Christian doctrine is not something I know a lot about.

It's a shame BitNow didn't feel up to sharing his opinion on the matter, I'd really like to know his / her POV on the matter.

In general, Christian doctrine has ONE main theme. This theme is that Jesus Christ, God's Son, gave up His life on the cross, to effect salvation for all people who believe in Him for salvation.

Since this life is only temporary, and since we are so weak that we can imagine doing way more than we can ever do, the second theme of Christian doctrine is peaceful "negotiations" with people to get them to be saved. This includes peaceful living among people, because violence is not something that helps to "negotiate" them into having faith in Jesus.

The third theme of Christian doctrine is, for those people who want to do it, that they go out and do the "negotiating" with others, formally, to help them find their faith in Jesus, so that they can be saved.

----------

Jesus is God along with His Father and the Holy Spirit. Being God, why didn't They simply save people without all the death-on-the-cross-stuff?

The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us, that He would place us, one time, on a pedestal that made us equal in spirit and identity with Himself. The sacrifice shows this.

Now that we have been placed high in the Heavens with God like this, we have God-strength to make choices. The BIGGEST choice we make is whether or not we will remain in God-strength. There is one way to remain in God-strength. It is to accept the truth, that our strength comes from God, through Jesus and His work on the cross. God is truthful. If we don't accept this truth, we die.

----------

What is God-strength regarding life and death?

Life in Heaven with God will be forever. Thus, death will be forever for those who die. Since people have been given God-strength regarding this because of Jesus and the cross, and since it is the people who make the choice themselves by using the God-strength that they have, they only way that they can kill themselves (because they are like the eternal God regarding their soul and spirit), is that their death/dying will last forever.

----------

As painful as everlasting death/dying might be, the greater pain for those who destroy themselves will be missing out on God and Heaven for eternity.

----------

Why did God do this for us... give His Son to save us? Because He loved us.

Also, it is for His glory, which is for our glory, which is for His glory, which is for our glory... on and on and on, in Heaven, forever.

Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 08:42:24 PM
Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I don't believe it says anywhere in the bible that questioning doctrine is a sin

Only a fool believes things without questioning them...

Thanks for the input, Christian doctrine is not something I know a lot about.

It's a shame BitNow didn't feel up to sharing his opinion on the matter, I'd really like to know his / her POV on the matter.

Activity: 798
Merit: 722
January 31, 2016, 08:37:23 PM

Here is a quote implying quite the opposite:
Quote from: Acts 17:11
Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
The "more noble than average" Jews studied the scriptures in detail, questioning whether or not the accounts were accurate

Only a great fool believes things without questioning them...

donator
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 08:17:35 PM

Why then did you respond to my statement with those quotes? Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I was not answering a question.

Best regards.

Then why quote my question? You're not making sense.

If you want to address another forum member, it's best to start with something like @organofcorti, rather than making a cryptic and off-topic response to a post.

BTW, my post wasn't meant to offend you, although it clearly did. I honestly thought you would consider questioning doctrine a sin, and I apologise that it's not the case.

What sort of doctrine questioning do you think is ok?

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
January 31, 2016, 08:05:59 PM
Atheist don't hate religion, they just aren't buying whatever scam religion is selling...

You could say Antitheists hate religion, but even that would not necessarily be true.  Opposing something does not require you "hate" it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

Well done.

I can no longer discuss this here, with the level of maliciousness & stupidity shown, but keep up the good work!

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 31, 2016, 07:25:27 PM

Why then did you respond to my statement with those quotes? Weren't they meant to indicate your agreement that questioning doctrine was a sin?

I was not answering a question.

Best regards.
January 31, 2016, 07:24:05 PM
Atheist don't hate religion, they just aren't buying whatever scam religion is selling...

You could say Antitheists hate religion, but even that would not necessarily be true.  Opposing something does not require you "hate" it...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 06:57:25 PM

Atheism is a sin.

I said that you would think that questioning doctrine is a sin. I think your first quote makes it clear that you do,

I never said that.

How does your second quote relate to questioning doctrine?

I never said that.

Best regards.

Yes it is. You ask BitNow, I'll bet he/she says questioning doctrine is a sin.

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
- Pro 15:33

"By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life."
- Pro 22:4

Best regards.
January 31, 2016, 06:50:19 PM
Why is belief/faith in a magic fairy required for religion?

If God were legit, why not provide a little evidence of it?  How hard could that be for a God?

Based on the available evidence, God either does not exist, or is a complete monster who is not worthy of our respect:
Stephen Fry Annihilates God

Here is a wonderful debate if you have the time:
The Catholic Church is a Force for Good in the World - Full Version
Spoiler: Christopher Hitchens and Stephen Fry annihilate the catholic church
legendary
January 31, 2016, 06:19:05 PM

Atheism is a sin.

I said that you would think that questioning doctrine is a sin. I think your first quote makes it clear that you do,

I never said that.

I never said that.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 06:13:11 PM

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."

Best regards.

So, that's a "yes"?

You need to ask a question to have an answer.

What is your question, maybe I can help you.

What do the quotes mean?

What you don't understand exactly from my previous quotes?

Best regards.

Please explain exactly how they relate to my statement. I think I understand how the first quote relates but not the second one.

The quotes I stated describe where the Fear of the Lord leads you.

As an atheist you are sinning and that's perfectly described in this statement of yours:

in this statement of yours you describe the Fear of the Lord for living as a sinner.

For any doubt or information feel free to ask.

Best regards.

legendary
January 31, 2016, 05:45:12 PM

Please explain exactly how they relate to my statement. I think I understand how the first quote relates but not the second one.

The quotes I stated describe where the Fear of the Lord leads you.

As an atheist you are sinning and that's perfectly described in this statement of yours:

in this statement of yours you describe the Fear of the Lord for living as a sinner.

For any doubt or information feel free to ask.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 05:38:48 PM

Best regards.

So, that's a "yes"?

What do the quotes mean?

Best regards.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
January 31, 2016, 04:39:37 PM
Why bother quoting the Old Testament?

Christians these days ignore the entire old testament, except for the 10 commandments, and that part about hating fags...

If you want me to quote the bible, I can show you, in both the OT & NT, where "God" endorses slavery, genocide, homophobia and much more...

Speaking of the 10 commandments... a 5th grader could come up with a better list... only 2 of them are even illegal... why is there no commandment, "dont rape little boys", or "dont own slaves"?  That's a bit of an oversight, dontcha think?
legendary
January 31, 2016, 03:53:56 PM

Best regards.

So, that's a "yes"?

What do the quotes mean?

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 31, 2016, 03:26:59 PM

Best regards.

So, that's a "yes"?

What do the quotes mean?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
January 31, 2016, 03:09:19 PM
Religion caused wars,the worst thing with human were done in the name of religion( from ancient times till now) and we are all  witnesses how someone is using religion in his own interest. Atheists simply don't believe in nothing they live in the world that rounds them, and they follow science

*Bump!*  +1
legendary
January 31, 2016, 02:48:03 PM

Then, I ask of you, what is a sin? With your definition, it might help with some clarity... Not all atheists are malicious or have any evil intentions.

Not all the fundamentalists have evil intentions but they follow God's Law.

What is a sin for you?

cultural atheism behaves like a religion itself, they try to shove their stuff down other people's throats

If you don't put a subject in your post it is difficult that you will have an answer.

Best regards.
Jump to: