Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 236. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
February 01, 2016, 01:45:39 PM
God is just. He will punish wicked people according to the quantity and quality of their wickedness.
Says who?
God says it Himself in the bible.

Also, you are phrasing that incorrectly... "God is just" implies that justice exists without God... It's like saying, "God is good"... well... that's not what you believe... you believe, "Good is God"... whatever God does is just/good, not because the act itself is good, but because anything God does is exempt...  If God decides to murder innocent Egyptian children and animals by the tens of thousands, its just/good because God did the murdering of innocent children (see the 10th plague of Egypt)

You believe that whatever God does is just/good, not because murder is just/good, but because when God does it, he's special and exempt...
All the more reason to say things like this to you. Why's that? Because you believe this way, and will understand them better.

Now imagine as an example that you were 20 years old, and had been wicked all your life. By the time you were, say, 50, wouldn't you have done a whole lot more wickedness? If you die at 50, you have a lot more to be punished for in Hell than you would have if you died at 20.

Why do you assume that someone who doesn't believe in God is wicked/evil?  Are all atheists wicked in your eyes?  What about Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist?  All evil too?

Just because someone doesn't believe in Santa without evidence, does not make them evil... it makes them less gullible than you...

Everyone who does not believe in God is wicked and evil. Why? Because one of the greatest things God made us for is to praise and worship Him. If a person doesn't believe in God, any praise of God he does will only be incidental. He is not allowing himself to do the thing that God made him for. This is wickedness... very great evil.

God didn't make people to go to Hell. When people in their stupidity and ignorance opted for the Hell route, God left a way open for them to be saved. And this way wasn't only with the idea of simple salvation. It is designed to give people some of the glory of Jesus... to be like God. And you want to throw it away.

Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 01, 2016, 01:37:09 PM
God is just. He will punish wicked people according to the quantity and quality of their wickedness.
Says who?

Also, you are phrasing that incorrectly... "God is just" implies that justice exists without God... It's like saying, "God is good"... well... that's not what you believe... you believe, "Good is God"... whatever God does is just/good, not because the act itself is good, but because anything God does is exempt...  If God decides to murder innocent Egyptian children and animals by the tens of thousands, its just/good because God did the murdering of innocent children (see the 10th plague of Egypt)

You believe that whatever God does is just/good, not because murder is just/good, but because when God does it, he's special and exempt...

Now imagine as an example that you were 20 years old, and had been wicked all your life. By the time you were, say, 50, wouldn't you have done a whole lot more wickedness? If you die at 50, you have a lot more to be punished for in Hell than you would have if you died at 20.

Why do you assume that someone who doesn't believe in God is wicked/evil?  Are all atheists wicked in your eyes?  What about Muslims, Hindu, Buddhist?  All evil too?

Just because someone doesn't believe in Santa without evidence, does not make them evil... it makes them less gullible than you...
legendary
February 01, 2016, 01:33:29 PM
You forget one thing. God loved us so much, that He did the best for us. What is that best? God is giving us in our selves, Himself. He is making us like Him. We have the choice to be like Him or not. How do we have that choice? He gave it to us. Either join Him and be like Him, or do away with ourselves.

What's the question here? I'd slap you ion the face if I was God. And to think He offers you the greatest thing that there is... to be like Him. And you even suggest turning it down. What an insult. Even you would be insulted if you offered someone a million dollars, and besides not accepting it, all he did was to call you a piece of shit to your face.

Why am I not surprised that the "Christian" is the one talking about assaulting the non-Christian?  Kinda proving my point about religion being the aggressor, dontcha think?

Let's say hypothetically, I'm wrong... God exists, he's the Christian God, etc... Would I worship him?  FUCK NO!!!  The God of the bible is an evil bastard... I've read the bible... I would never love or worship that God even if the entire bible were 100% true...

For more info, I'll refer you to Stephen Fry, because he does an amazing job explaining this point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI

You completely miss the point. You dare to insult God while He is holding your life in His hands. Wouldn't you crush a bug who insulted you while you were trying to keep it alive? And hearing this, you don't stop, even though God in His mercy waits for you to change. How long does He have to wait?

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
February 01, 2016, 01:29:54 PM
You forget one thing. God loved us so much, that He did the best for us. What is that best? God is giving us in our selves, Himself. He is making us like Him. We have the choice to be like Him or not. How do we have that choice? He gave it to us. Either join Him and be like Him, or do away with ourselves.

What's the question here? I'd slap you ion the face if I was God. And to think He offers you the greatest thing that there is... to be like Him. And you even suggest turning it down. What an insult. Even you would be insulted if you offered someone a million dollars, and besides not accepting it, all he did was to call you a piece of shit to your face.

Why am I not surprised that the "Christian" is the one talking about assaulting the non-Christian?  Kinda proving my point about religion being the aggressor, dontcha think?

Let's say hypothetically, I'm wrong... God exists, he's the Christian God, etc... Would I worship him?  FUCK NO!!!  The God of the bible is an evil bastard... I've read the bible... I would never love or worship that God even if the entire bible were 100% true...

For more info, I'll refer you to Stephen Fry, because he does an amazing job explaining this exact point:

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility."
- Pro 15:33

"By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life."
- Pro 22:4

Don't you like Wisdom and Science?

Best regards.
legendary
February 01, 2016, 01:28:53 PM
Atheists are the reason for some of the most brutal murders around, way more than Christians. Consider Stalin and his 30 to 100 million (we may never know for sure), Hitler and his 20 million (he wasn't Christian although he went to mass at times), and all the Southeast Asian atheistic communistic leaders who killed many millions of their own people.

If Bible were law, there would be peace among those who accepted it as law. Take a look. It's right in the Bible.

Anyone who compares the opposition to Hitler, automatically loses any argument they tried to make.

Hitler didn't kill any(?) Jews himself, other Germans did that... and guess what... those Germans were mostly Christian, same as America!... that means Christians did all that evil murdering... get your facts right...

Religion is the force responsible for the vast majority of wars throughout history.  Christians are solely responsible for what we commonly refer to as "The Dark Ages"... 300 years of crusades, and inquisition!

Just read the bible... how many nations did the Jews attack?  "The Promised Land", "The land of milk and honey", was such because there were people living on that land... they were farmers and bee-keepers, which is why they had milk and honey... until the Jews killed them all and took their milk and honey... that's how religion operates... they kill and take people's stuff... all the while claiming moral authority directly from God Himself!

You play with semantic-like ideas.    Cheesy

In addition, the Jews who attacked and killed people who didn't believe in God, were doing those people a favor. Here's how.

So, here you are, 20, and out fighting the Jews in battle. You die in battle. You have a lot less to pay for in Hell than if you died at 50, peacefully. The Jews have done you a favor by killing you.

If you had wanted to convert to God and be with the Jews, you could have left your family and the war, and have waited for peaceful times to contact the Jews to convert. They would have let you.

Here you are right now, fighting against God. And death in youthfulness might even be gone for you, so that you don't build up a larger amount of wickedness to be punished for in Hell. Turn to God so that He can wipe your wickedness away, so that you don't have to pay for it in Hell. Such is a free gift from God, if you turn to Him.

Your choice, of course. God holds it open for you until the time of your death. Do you know when that will happen, exactly... the day of your death, I mean?

Smiley
February 01, 2016, 01:27:56 PM

For more info, I'll refer you to Stephen Fry, because he does an amazing job explaining this point:
legendary
February 01, 2016, 01:24:05 PM
To You:
"Not to pass your children through the fire to Molech"
- Lev. 18:21

Best regards.

There are certainly better Moloch quotes... Allen Ginsberg did an amazing job:
Howl by Allen Ginsberg : The Poetry Foundation

Moloch! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!
Moloch! Moloch! Nightmare of Moloch! Moloch the loveless! Mental Moloch! Moloch the heavy judger of men!
Moloch the incomprehensible prison! Moloch the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Moloch whose buildings are judgment! Moloch the vast stone of war! Moloch the stunned governments!
Moloch whose mind is pure machinery! Moloch whose blood is running money! Moloch whose fingers are ten armies! Moloch whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Moloch whose ear is a smoking tomb!
Moloch whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Moloch whose skyscrapers stand in the long streets like endless Jehovahs! Moloch whose factories dream and croak in the fog! Moloch whose smoke-stacks and antennae crown the cities!
Moloch whose love is endless oil and stone! Moloch whose soul is electricity and banks! Moloch whose poverty is the specter of genius! Moloch whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen! Moloch whose name is the Mind!

I believe Allen Ginsberg's Moloch was influenced by the 1927 film, 'Metropolis'

Why are you using this name?

Best regards.
legendary
February 01, 2016, 01:15:47 PM
The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us...

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made the rules... he didn't have to make it necessary if he didn't want to... why murder your own son?

God could have waved his magic wand and forgiven sin without any need for bloodshed... necessary? ha!

God sacrifices himself, to himself, to serve as a loophole for a rule he created himself... seems legit...

Exactly. It is said that God knew everything from the beginning. Then why does he allow all this pain and suffering in the world? To prove a point?

You could ask the same question about 'the flood'...

If God knew he was going to kill 99.999% of the population... why create them in the first place?  Why not just start with Noah instead of Adam?  Why kill 99.999% of the population for being evil?...

God created them, knowing they were going to turn out evil... wtf?  Now he sent 99.999% of the planet to hell for no reason... why create any soul that is destined to hell?

That sounds mean to me, creating a soul that you plan to torture for eternity... why would a "God" do that?

This is the main problem with religion... none of the events make a bit of sense when you apply critical thinking skills...

Smiley
February 01, 2016, 01:09:38 PM
To You:

Best regards.

There are certainly better Moloch quotes... Allen Ginsberg did an amazing job:
Howl by Allen Ginsberg : The Poetry Foundation

Moloch! Solitude! Filth! Ugliness! Ashcans and unobtainable dollars! Children screaming under the stairways! Boys sobbing in armies! Old men weeping in the parks!
Moloch! Moloch! Nightmare of Moloch! Moloch the loveless! Mental Moloch! Moloch the heavy judger of men!
Moloch the incomprehensible prison! Moloch the crossbone soulless jailhouse and Congress of sorrows! Moloch whose buildings are judgment! Moloch the vast stone of war! Moloch the stunned governments!
Moloch whose mind is pure machinery! Moloch whose blood is running money! Moloch whose fingers are ten armies! Moloch whose breast is a cannibal dynamo! Moloch whose ear is a smoking tomb!
Moloch whose eyes are a thousand blind windows! Moloch whose skyscrapers stand in the long streets like endless Jehovahs! Moloch whose factories dream and croak in the fog! Moloch whose smoke-stacks and antennae crown the cities!
Moloch whose love is endless oil and stone! Moloch whose soul is electricity and banks! Moloch whose poverty is the specter of genius! Moloch whose fate is a cloud of sexless hydrogen! Moloch whose name is the Mind!

I believe Allen Ginsberg's Moloch was influenced by the 1927 film, 'Metropolis'
legendary
February 01, 2016, 01:05:10 PM
Atheists are the reason for some of the most brutal murders around, way more than Christians. Consider Stalin and his 30 to 100 million (we may never know for sure), Hitler and his 20 million (he wasn't Christian although he went to mass at times), and all the Southeast Asian atheistic communistic leaders who killed many millions of their own people.

If Bible were law, there would be peace among those who accepted it as law. Take a look. It's right in the Bible.

Anyone who compares the opposition to Hitler, automatically loses any argument they tried to make.

Hitler didn't kill the Jews, other Germans did that... and guess what... those Germans were mostly Christian, same as America!... that means Christians did all that evil murdering... get your facts right...

Religion is the force responsible for the vast majority of wars throughout history.  Christians are solely responsible for what we commonly refer to as "The Dark Ages"... 300 years of crusades, and inquisition!

Just read the bible... how many nations did the Jews attack?  "The Promised Land", "The land of milk and honey", was such because there were people living on that land... they were farmers and bee-keepers, which is why they had milk and honey... until the Jews killed them all and took their milk and honey... that's how religion operates... they kill and take people's stuff... all the while claiming moral authority directly from God Himself!

To You:

Best regards.
February 01, 2016, 01:00:34 PM

Hitler didn't kill any(?) Jews himself, other Germans did that... and guess what... those Germans were mostly Christian, same as America!... that means Christians did all that evil murdering... get your facts right...

February 01, 2016, 12:53:05 PM
The death on the cross for Jesus was necessary. It shows us how greatly God loves us...

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made the rules... he didn't have to make it necessary if he didn't want to... why murder your own son?

God could have waved his magic wand and forgiven sin without any need for bloodshed... necessary? ha!

God sacrifices himself, to himself, to serve as a loophole for a rule he created himself... seems legit...

Exactly. It is said that God knew everything from the beginning. Then why does he allow all this pain and suffering in the world? To prove a point?

You could ask the same question about 'the flood'...

If God knew he was going to kill 99.999% of the population... why create them in the first place?  Why not just start with Noah instead of Adam?  Why kill 99.999% of the population for being evil?...

God created them, knowing they were going to turn out evil... wtf?  Now he sent 99.999% of the planet to hell for no reason... why create any soul that is destined to hell?

That sounds mean to me, creating a soul that you plan to torture for eternity... why would a "God" do that?

This is the main problem with religion... none of the events make a bit of sense when you apply critical thinking skills...
legendary
February 01, 2016, 12:27:50 PM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God allows this pain and trouble because God is a giving us what we ask for.

However, God also sees that we don't really want the pain and trouble that we ask for. So, He has shortened our lives to usually less that 100 years, has prepared eternal Heaven in joy for all who recognize their mistakes and turn to Him, has prepared Hell for all those who are asking for pain and trouble forever, and when this world is done, will remove it from the memory of all the saved people forever.

Smiley
legendary
February 01, 2016, 12:21:41 PM
When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength...

"Abilities of Godness"?  WTF are you smoking?  God doesn't grant you abilities... he doesn't even answer your prayers!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer
How dumb can you get? We're talking about God here. Essentially everything that happens in your life is God answering your prayers, even if you aren't formally directing your prayers and requests towards God.

Make your choice. Take your pick. Move into Godness with God the way He did it, or move into self-destruction. You have no other choice, no matter how you much grumble about it.

What makes you think that you either worship Santa/God or you are pure evil?  Where would you get that idea, and why would you ever believe it?
Wake up and see the marvels in this life. One of the most marvelous things is that we are complex as we are, and yet live to less than 100-y-o usually. Why would you be so silly tho think that your whole life is NOT a worship of God in some ways. He is getting out of us some of what He wants, whether we are on His side or against Him.

Atheists tend to be the most moral people in a society.  Take a look at Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc...  Take a look at the US prison population, 0.2% atheist... 99% Christian...

Atheists are the reason slavery is illegal, and gays can get married!  If Christians had their way, biblical law would prevail, and we would all be homophobic slave owners...

Have you even read the bible?

Smiley
legendary
February 01, 2016, 12:10:36 PM

Why isn't God giving us "baby gods" his attributes? Is He afraid of us? Or would he become jealous? Or He just wants all that power for himself? because amongst His attributes there is infinite knowledge, wisdom and love. That shouldn't be a threat for Him would it?

While we cannot at this stage in our development as Christians, answer this question entirely, part of the answer is in what I said in my previous post, above. You wouldn't hand the car keys to your Rolls over to your 10-y-o and say, "Have at it, kid."

Or, perhaps, YOU would! Who really knows in your case? God is a little wiser.

Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 01, 2016, 11:56:09 AM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

February 01, 2016, 11:52:49 AM
When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength...

"Abilities of Godness"?  WTF are you smoking?  God doesn't grant you abilities... he doesn't even answer your prayers!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studies_on_intercessory_prayer

Make your choice. Take your pick. Move into Godness with God the way He did it, or move into self-destruction. You have no other choice, no matter how you much grumble about it.

What makes you think that you either worship Santa/God or you are pure evil?  Where would you get that idea, and why would you ever believe it?

Atheists tend to be the most moral people in a society.  Take a look at Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc...  Take a look at the US prison population, 0.2% atheist... 99% Christian...

Atheists are the reason slavery is illegal, and gays can get married!  If Christians had their way, biblical law would prevail, and we would all be homophobic slave owners...

Have you even read the bible?
Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 01, 2016, 11:52:05 AM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made animals. Mostly, they cannot think. If they can think, the best of them can only reason in very limited ways. When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength, just like you wouldn't give your 10-y-o kid the keys to your Rolls and say, "Have at it, kid."

Smiley

Why isn't God giving us "baby gods" his attributes? Is He afraid of us? Or would he become jealous? Or He just wants all that power for himself? because amongst His attributes there is infinite knowledge, wisdom and love. That shouldn't be a threat for Him would it?
legendary
February 01, 2016, 11:47:35 AM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

God made animals. Mostly, they cannot think. If they can think, the best of them can only reason in very limited ways. When you act like you don't want the abilities of Godness, you are essentially saying that you would rather be an animal.

God isn't going to give us baby gods unlimited power and strength, just like you wouldn't give your 10-y-o kid the keys to your Rolls and say, "Have at it, kid."

Smiley
February 01, 2016, 11:39:42 AM

Say what?  Necessary?!?

Jump to: