Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 250. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 18, 2016, 05:40:23 PM

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

You know that. I know that. Try explaining that to BADecker.

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way - the definition that uses the word "purpose" is only one of many definitions. Atheism is a religion, but if somehow it is not, it is so extremely close that it may as well be considered religion.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 18, 2016, 05:28:33 PM

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?

That's a law: laws have no sentiment.

Best regards.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2016, 05:25:47 PM

BitNow, you're a very poor advertisement for organised religions. Every time someone asks me "what's wrong with organised religion?" I can just point to the hate speech you post here.

I didn't used the word hate.

Best regards.

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?
legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:24:10 PM
1. You state:
Because of this, we can rightfully say that religion means, simply:
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. Therefore your simple definition does not apply to atheists.

Are you changing your simple definition or will you ignore a logical argument?

2. Some people believe the earth is flat.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley

The list was a step-by-step guide to understanding the point, which once again I failed to make.

I'll try again.

You say religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and say that therefore atheists are religious.
I was simply explaining what the dictionary says.

The third part of your definition, the 'purpose" part, by definition cannot apply to atheists, and therefore your definition is wrong.

First, it is not my definition.

Yes it is. you made it:

Second, anybody can make a statement.

Yes, and?

Third, you didn't give even one reference for your statement. At least I gave the dictionary reference.

It wasn't a statement, it was a logical argument. Your statement is the reference. Unless you'd like me tolecture you on the basics of logic?

Every time you try again, you are trying to get it right. Up until now, you have been having having a little trouble doing so.

Yes, but I think that has more to do with my audience.

Whether or not it is you or your audience, you barely (if at all) attempt to explain what you mean in a step-by-step process that would clarify the whole thing for everyone. Since you are not doing this, and since you won't provide references... anyone can say stuff. Just saying it doesn't make it true.

Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2016, 05:20:06 PM

The list was a step-by-step guide to understanding the point, which once again I failed to make.

I'll try again.

You say religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and say that therefore atheists are religious.

The third part of your definition, the 'purpose" part, by definition cannot apply to atheists, and therefore your definition is wrong.

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

You know that. I know that. Try explaining that to BADecker.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2016, 05:19:08 PM
1. You state:

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley

I'll try again.

Yes it is. you made it:

Yes, and?

Third, you didn't give even one reference for your statement. At least I gave the dictionary reference.

It wasn't a statement, it was a logical argument. Your statement is the reference. Unless you'd like me tolecture you on the basics of logic?

Every time you try again, you are trying to get it right. Up until now, you have been having having a little trouble doing so.

Yes, but I think that has more to do with my audience.

legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:09:29 PM

So what? I correct you all the time. And that is mostly what I get from you... insults and abuse.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... but when are you going to get past the beginning of it?

Smiley

You are not a mocker.
You are not a wicker.

"Atheism is a capital sin."

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:07:27 PM

...omissis...

Try again. Maybe you will get it right next time.

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11 For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;
    if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.

So what? I correct you all the time. And that is mostly what I get from you... insults and abuse.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... but when are you going to get past the beginning of it?

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:04:19 PM

...omissis...

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11 For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;
    if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 05:01:53 PM

I'll try again.

BitNow, you're a very poor advertisement for organised religions. Every time someone asks me "what's wrong with organised religion?" I can just point to the hate speech you post here.

Best regards.

You don't have to feel upset about organofcorti. Notice that he said, above, "... which once again I failed to make." He is having quite a few failures lately. We should pity him.

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 04:57:25 PM
1. You state:

Smiley

I'll try again.

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

I'll try again.

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2016, 04:19:44 PM
Atheism is a capital sin.
Not have an imaginary friend is worthy of death?   Most atheists dont hate religion, but that sort of attitude would certainly swing a few people.

Don't call sinners people call them sinners and they will start to search for redemption.

Best regards.

You dehumanise a portion of the population that doesn't agree with you? Hmmm, where have I seen that attitude lead to genocide before? Oh yes, every time.

What's wrong with holocaust?

Best regards.

donator
Poor impulse control.
January 18, 2016, 04:14:49 PM
1. You state:

Smiley

I'll try again.

legendary
January 18, 2016, 03:40:12 PM

No, no. You misunderstand. You are talking about constipation, not laziness.

Grin

Intestinal laziness and that'a a medical term.

Doctors always invent new terms. I'm an engineer: I don't invent words.

If you try to follow doctors you will always ends up with a different word: I stick to the words and try to understand the meaning of them.

But thank you for the advice.

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 02:49:30 PM

No, no. You misunderstand. I don't ask why you are lazy. I already know that answer. What I ask is IF you are lazy.

I know where laziness take, so: why facing that?

"Laziness brings on deep sleep,
    and the shiftless go hungry
."
- Pro 19:15

Best regards.

No, no. You misunderstand. You are talking about constipation, not laziness.

Grin
legendary
January 18, 2016, 02:42:55 PM

No, no. You misunderstand. I don't ask why you are lazy. I already know that answer. What I ask is IF you are lazy.

I know where laziness take, so: why facing that?

."

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 02:34:51 PM

and you ask me why I am lazy?

Best regards.

No, no. You misunderstand. I don't ask why you are lazy. I already know that answer. What I ask is, IF you are lazy.

Grin
legendary
January 18, 2016, 02:02:59 PM

."

Best regards.

However, the symptoms of tiredness and laziness are extremely similar. What does that have to do with "Universe?" Are you too lazy to clarify what you were asking about?

Smiley

You are the one that are not:

Right at the moment, I am not interested in understanding the word. Thus, I am not sure if I can agree on the methodology.

and that don't send a "paper" for review because:

Peer review is a waste of time. ...omissis...

and you ask me why I am lazy?

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 01:09:04 PM

Right at the moment, I am not interested in understanding the word. Thus, I am not sure if I can agree on the methodology.

Peer review is a waste of time. ...omissis...

."

Best regards.

However, the symptoms of tiredness and laziness are extremely similar. What does that have to do with "Universe?" Are you too lazy to clarify what you were asking about?

Smiley
Jump to: