Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 251. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 18, 2016, 12:57:34 PM

Right at the moment, I am not interested in understanding the word. Thus, I am not sure if I can agree on the methodology.

Peer review is a waste of time. ...omissis...

"Laziness brings on deep sleep,
    and the shiftless go hungry
."
- Pro 19:15

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 18, 2016, 12:55:55 PM

What exactly are you referring to when you say "that?"   Smiley

I'm referring to the word Universe.

Best regards.

I was doing other things, and have forgotten why you were referring to the word "Universe." I see that you have capitalized it. Is there any significance in this capitalizing? Please refresh my memory with a little more detail.

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:52:24 PM
atheists do not hate religion, they choose not to be a part of an organized idea that has few leeway and seems absolute even thou common sense sometimes trumps their ideas.

What's the matter? Don't tell me that you can't think clearly enough to understand that science proves the existence of God, and that my explanations of it in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13596139 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13596385 are beyond your understanding.

Of course, if the things in the links are the truth - and you can't understand this stuff - how can you even make an honest suggestion common sense is against something that is proven? In this case you are borderline goofy.

Smiley

So you claim to 'scientifically' prove the existence of god, why don't you put this up for peer review?
Moreover, lets see you prove that Zeus is not the only one true god.

If I claim anything about this, the facts of the science claim it a whole lot more.

Peer review is a waste of time. Most scientists don't WANT to hear it. The ones that do want to hear it, can't speak for fear of losing their jobs - politics of science lies. However, science has understood what I have shown for a long time, now.

Review it yourself rather than simply talking about me. It isn't that difficult... especially for someone who has the ability to post in a forum.

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:32:30 PM

I'm referring to the word Universe.

Best regards.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 18, 2016, 12:32:18 PM
atheists do not hate religion, they choose not to be a part of an organized idea that has few leeway and seems absolute even thou common sense sometimes trumps their ideas.

What's the matter? Don't tell me that you can't think clearly enough to understand that science proves the existence of God, and that my explanations of it in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13596139 and https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13596385 are beyond your understanding.

Of course, if the things in the links are the truth - and you can't understand this stuff - how can you even make an honest suggestion common sense is against something that is proven? In this case you are borderline goofy.

Smiley

So you claim to 'scientifically' prove the existence of god, why don't you put this up for peer review?
Moreover, lets see you prove that Zeus is not the only one true god.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:28:50 PM

The word "universe" isn't in the Old Testament.    Grin

Does that makes you happy?

Best regards.

legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:22:10 PM

The word "universe" isn't in the Old Testament.    Grin

Does that makes you happy?

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:21:40 PM

The word "universe" isn't in the Old Testament.    Grin

Hey! Is you that you don't give damn about words!

Right at the moment, I am not interested in understanding the word. Thus, I am not sure if I can agree on the methodology.

You are a parrot! Are you interested in understanding this word?

Best regards.

What's the matter? Can't take it when someone shows you how nonsensical you are?

Grin
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:20:24 PM

Smiley
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:14:39 PM

Some aspects of science are full of nonsense. One example is the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory itself is not nonsensical to look at. The thing is nonsensical about it is the way many adults consider this fictional Theory to be truth or near truth. And they parade it as truth just like a Christian might parade his Christianity as truth.

Big Bang Theory is the best theory on the creation of Universe so far.

Best regards.

The word "universe" isn't in the Old Testament.    Grin
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:12:37 PM

Some aspects of science are full of nonsense. One example is the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory itself is not nonsensical to look at. The thing is nonsensical about it is the way many adults consider this fictional Theory to be truth or near truth. And they parade it as truth just like a Christian might parade his Christianity as truth.

Big Bang Theory is the best theory on the creation of Universe so far.

Best regards.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
January 18, 2016, 12:11:48 PM
legendary
January 18, 2016, 12:10:56 PM
I hate religions because they cause wars and are simply ridiculous. I cannot comprehend how any self-respecting adult would publicly admit believing in imaginary friend based on those tales that have been around thousands of years in different forms. Especially when science can proof all that pure nonsense. All 'gods' are ultimately creation of people and they are all based on the same worshiping of the sun which started long before even christianity was around.

There is truth in what you say. That's why real Christians try to NOT believe in imaginary friends, although they are taught in childhood through modern cartoons to believe in many.

Science doesn't prove Christianity to be nonsense. In fact, it proves Christianity to be truth.

Again, Newton's 3rd Law essentially shows us that everything we have and are, comes from something that caused us to happen this way. Even our daily thoughts are controlled and caused by brain activity that came about because of former brain activity - and a multitude of other chemistry - that caused us to think the way we do.

We can't see what started this complex universe, so that all this complexity could operate through the universal cause and effect that has operated for thousands of years, according to Newton's 3rd Law. The thing that we CAN understand is that it (The Great First Cause) is great enough that it fits the definitions of the word "God" in our dictionaries and encyclopedias of today.

Smiley

Ok, so you're saying we can't know objectively how the universe started, but we can call it god?
So you're a Pantheist now?  

Is it all related to the spark of god that you mentioned before>?

"I" should not be the focus. The things that I say are not everything. But I have to start somewhere basic enough to get you to start to think clearly.

Think clearly about the fact (according to Newton's 3rd Law, which is a LAW, not a theory) that cause and effect penetrate everything in the universe. This means that there is no such thing as pure random. In other words, everything happens because something else caused it to happen, not because it randomly happened.

Yet, the universe is very complex... especially in the brains and minds of mankind. Something that could cause the brain and mind of mankind to exist now, through all the cause and effect that happened in the past, is very great. What this means is...

Let's say for a moment that the universe DID come about by a Big Bang. Because the complexity of humanity is the result, and the intelligence of mankind is very great, The Big Bang (or whatever caused it) must have been ultimately intelligent to have caused all this intelligence over Billions of years, all through (what we would normally call random) cause and effect.

Don't think about me. Rather focus on the idea.

Smiley
January 18, 2016, 11:57:59 AM
I hate religions because they cause wars and are simply ridiculous. I cannot comprehend how any self-respecting adult would publicly admit believing in imaginary friend based on those tales that have been around thousands of years in different forms. Especially when science can proof all that pure nonsense. All 'gods' are ultimately creation of people and they are all based on the same worshiping of the sun which started long before even christianity was around.

There is truth in what you say. That's why real Christians try to NOT believe in imaginary friends, although they are taught in childhood through modern cartoons to believe in many.

Science doesn't prove Christianity to be nonsense. In fact, it proves Christianity to be truth.

Again, Newton's 3rd Law essentially shows us that everything we have and are, comes from something that caused us to happen this way. Even our daily thoughts are controlled and caused by brain activity that came about because of former brain activity - and a multitude of other chemistry - that caused us to think the way we do.

We can't see what started this complex universe, so that all this complexity could operate through the universal cause and effect that has operated for thousands of years, according to Newton's 3rd Law. The thing that we CAN understand is that it (The Great First Cause) is great enough that it fits the definitions of the word "God" in our dictionaries and encyclopedias of today.

Smiley

Ok, so you're saying we can't know objectively how the universe started, but we can call it god?
So you're a Pantheist now?  

Is it all related to the spark of god that you mentioned before>?
legendary
January 18, 2016, 11:49:14 AM

Smiley
January 18, 2016, 11:36:11 AM
You're a heretic BADecker, Zeus is the only true god... Deep down you know that.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 11:34:56 AM

Were the egyptians that worshipped the Sun (they called it Ra): Christianity and Hebraism worship a God that is very real and walked with Noah in the good old days.
"9 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God.
10 Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth.
"
- Gen 6:9

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

Thank You for that.

"The Truth will set you Free".

Best regards.
legendary
January 18, 2016, 11:33:47 AM
1. You state:
Because of this, we can rightfully say that religion means, simply:
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. Therefore your simple definition does not apply to atheists.

Are you changing your simple definition or will you ignore a logical argument?

2. Some people believe the earth is flat.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 18, 2016, 11:19:59 AM
legendary
January 18, 2016, 10:41:14 AM
Calm down Mussolini!   Roll Eyes

Ask your mate the pope, he might know a few things wrong with it.

Why in this thread there is not a single person replying to questions but always answers come from different people?

"There is a problem with Authority here"

Best regards.
Jump to: