Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 255. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 15, 2016, 10:50:19 PM
BitNow, it's quite simple.

You write:
Here the word Faith means faith in the Supreme.

Something that worship an idol is not a Religion.

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
    an image of a deity other than God.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

Religion doesn't worship. Animals don't worship, either. Only people worship.

Quite right - let me rephrase: Can a religion consist of beings that worship an idol or not? Your own definition says "yes"- an idol can be "the deity itself". Or are you just going to choose the definitions that suit your view of the world?
Without getting into deep semantics, it appears from the definitions that formal religions can worship idols. The word "deity" that you are referring to from the definition, is a false deity... one that is not God. The wording in that particular definition isn't clear.

People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

If you are changing your mind, what do you tell all the religions that actually *do* worship graven images? That they actually aren't religions and that they don't worship gods?

My telling is simply quoting and paraphrasing what others and God say.

I haven't changed my mind about what I have said.

God is a spirit. There is no physical image of God because God is a Spirit. The closest that people can come to making a physical image of God is to make a physical image of a man... because man was made in the image of God. Worshiping an image is not worshiping God. Worshiping the image is idolatry.

We can go into all kinds of detail, ferreting out all kinds of little understandings that are generally not thought about by people. If you are really interested in details, many people have explained these things in books. Much of the explanation is up on the Net. And, there is the Bible you can study to find the real answers in the way that God will reveal them to your spirit - Spirit to spirit - if you are humbly requesting and seeking answers.

Smiley
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 08:03:24 PM

You write:

BADecker states that one definition of an idol as the deity - head of a religion - itself.

In conjunction with the above, from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/idol:
idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
1. an image or other material object representing a deity to which religious worship is addressed.
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Is a religion something that worships an idol or not? A simple question which you refuse to answer.

Religion doesn't worship. Animals don't worship, either. Only people worship.

Quite right - let me rephrase: Can a religion consist of beings that worship an idol or not? Your own definition says "yes"- an idol can be "the deity itself". Or are you just going to choose the definitions that suit your view of the world?

People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

If you are changing your mind, what do you tell all the religions that actually *do* worship graven images? That they actually aren't religions and that they don't worship gods?

legendary
January 15, 2016, 03:29:56 PM

What is the " 0 a.C. " you mentioned above? [Now I am acting like you.]    Cheesy

Why you want to act like me?

Best regards.

Children need somebody to play with.    Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
January 15, 2016, 03:22:31 PM

What is the " 0 a.C. " you mentioned above? [Now I am acting like you.]    Cheesy

Why you want to act like me?

Best regards.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 03:18:58 PM
If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators.

How can you worship an image of God if you don't know how God looks like?

Best regards.

If you worship an image of God, you are an idolator for worshiping the image.

To make my point, many Roman Catholic churches have pictures of Jesus. Some of these depict Him on the cross. Some depict Him on after He was taken down from the cross to be buried. There are pictures of Jesus in all kinds of situations in life. Besides the pictures, there are all kinds of statues and wood carvings and engravings.

What does Jesus look like? Where is the photograph? Who will swear in court that he knows for a fact that this or that picture is really what Jesus looks like?

There are a lot of Roman Catholic worshipers that actually worship the pictures, carvings, statues and engravings. Because the Catholic Church considers that the bread and wine of the Eucharist actually becomes the body and blood of Christ, many people worship these, as well... while the priest is holding them in his hand. How many of the worshipers in the roman Catholic Church are idolators for not worshiping Jesus Christ, but rather for worshiping the image of the Deity?

Go back and re-read this and think. It is important for you.

Smiley

Transubstantiation

Christians: inventing funny words since 0 a.C..

Best regards.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 02:57:23 PM

Best regards.

To make my point, many Roman Catholic churches have pictures of Jesus. Some of these depict Him on the cross. Some depict Him on after He was taken down from the cross to be buried. There are pictures of Jesus in all kinds of situations in life. Besides the pictures, there are all kinds of statues and wood carvings and engravings.

What does Jesus look like? Where is the photograph? Who will swear in court that he knows for a fact that this or that picture is really what Jesus looks like?

There are a lot of Roman Catholic worshipers that actually worship the pictures, carvings, statues and engravings. Because the Catholic Church considers that the bread and wine of the Eucharist actually becomes the body and blood of Christ, many people worship these, as well... while the priest is holding them in his hand. How many of the worshipers in the roman Catholic Church are idolators for not worshiping Jesus Christ, but rather for worshiping the image of the Deity?

Smiley

Transubstantiation

Christians: inventing funny words since 0 a.C..

Best regards.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 02:50:02 PM

Best regards.

Further, read what the Revelation in the New Testament says about the way Jesus looks. From Revelation 1:10-18:
10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea.”

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands,

13 and among the lampstands was someone “like a son of man,” dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire.

15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters.

16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Smiley
legendary
January 15, 2016, 02:23:55 PM

Best regards.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 02:19:11 PM

You write:

idol
[ahyd-l]

noun
2. Bible.
   the deity itself.

Religion doesn't worship. Animals don't worship, either. Only people worship. People who worship any other deity than God are idolators. If they worship the image of a deity, they are idolators. The only time people are not idolators is when they worship God.

BitNow and myself come close to idol worship, when we believe the things that we say, which are not in line with the truth of God. You seem to not worship God at all. So, you are living a life of idolatry? Or, do you worship God after all?

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
January 15, 2016, 02:04:26 PM

What does that mean? You quote something and then write about something completely different? Are you trying to change the subject? For a minute there I thought you might start being honest.

Do you want to make my thing said out of the moment a definition?

Best regards.
so then how much of what youve said so far did you mean and how much of it did you say 'in the moment?' is it safe to assume that everything youve said so far is just you saying random nonsense out of being 'in the moment?' stop backpedaling when its convenient for you.

What does "thing said out of the moment" mean - that there are some things you write that we should ignore? Can you tell me which they are ahead of time to save us all some bother?

The question here is: is Islam a Religion (because they worship "a thing", idolatry)?

Best regards.
trying to change the subject again when it suits you, ignoring any questions that dont convenience you.

So when is BitNow gonna man up and start answering questions? I've been waiting days.

Remember:

Answering questions means being a man!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

oh fuck off, spent 30 mins composing this post click preview, phone bugged out then the browser crashed and it's gone...

It was fucking epic... Sad

Quite likely it was another pointless flat earth outburst of yours.
We would of been the judge of it's "epic" status thank you, not you.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 15, 2016, 01:42:47 PM
I would not say atheists as a whole hate religion.
I think it comes down to the individual person, some people do some don't and some just end up jumping on the bandwagon Tongue

I agree with some, I disagree with others.
The most important thing is to be respectful I think
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
January 15, 2016, 12:02:24 PM
I've noticed that there are heavy religion bashing topics here. Cheesy
legendary
January 15, 2016, 10:31:14 AM
The question here is: is Islam a Religion (because they worship "a thing", idolatry)?

I've opened a thread about this.
Ref: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/is-islam-a-religion-if-a-muslim-can-answer-that-would-be-good-1329006

Report there if interested.

Quoting myself (in October 2015):
This issue is solved for me.

This thread can be closed.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 15, 2016, 10:24:09 AM

What does that mean? You quote something and then write about something completely different? Are you trying to change the subject? For a minute there I thought you might start being honest.

Best regards.
so then how much of what youve said so far did you mean and how much of it did you say 'in the moment?' is it safe to assume that everything youve said so far is just you saying random nonsense out of being 'in the moment?' stop backpedaling when its convenient for you.

What does "thing said out of the moment" mean - that there are some things you write that we should ignore? Can you tell me which they are ahead of time to save us all some bother?

Best regards.
trying to change the subject again when it suits you, ignoring any questions that dont convenience you.

I got that: you are a baby.

Kiss

Best regards.
resorting to insulting when your inconsistencies are pointed out instead of sticking to discussion, who's the immature one here again? its ok, you can admit youve lost whenever you feel like it, we wont hold it against you for being stubborn for this long.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 10:22:35 AM

Best regards.

Best regards.

I got that: you are a baby.

Kiss

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 15, 2016, 10:19:54 AM

Best regards.

Best regards.
legendary
January 15, 2016, 10:19:31 AM

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 10:18:24 AM

Best regards.

legendary
January 15, 2016, 10:16:43 AM

Do you think Islam is a Religion?

Best regards.
donator
Poor impulse control.
January 15, 2016, 10:16:02 AM
Admitted what precisely?

That you no longer support a view you held a few days ago. That members should expect you to say "I didn't really mean that" when you're losing an argument.

You are lost, that is fine.

Believe in God and you will find the way.

Best regards.

Jump to: