Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 265. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 31, 2015, 06:58:38 AM
Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
December 31, 2015, 06:37:56 AM
Churches and all religions of the old world (except Buddhism, yet this one can only be partially called a religion) have nothing to offer people as institutions. They have nothing to prove their righteousness, their methods and aims got too old and obvious. They are only good as political instruments, and even though their influence is getting weaker and weaker.

Now you're talking. Since people have changed even less than religions, we should do away with people as well, right?

Grin

The method is called faith.

Best regards.

What? We use faith to do away with religion and people? Are you nuts?

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
December 31, 2015, 04:05:27 AM
Churches and all religions of the old world (except Buddhism, yet this one can only be partially called a religion) have nothing to offer people as institutions. They have nothing to prove their righteousness, their methods and aims got too old and obvious. They are only good as political instruments, and even though their influence is getting weaker and weaker.

Now you're talking. Since people have changed even less than religions, we should do away with people as well, right?

Grin

The method is called faith.

Best regards.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 31, 2015, 12:21:14 AM
Yeah the everything on Earth would be better off without us lol.  Then the cats can take over... when are you going to reveal more divine truths? Oh BADecker The enlightened one, Miao be your name.
legendary
December 30, 2015, 09:41:48 PM

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 30, 2015, 07:47:32 PM
I don't see how newtons third law proves god exists.

I'm interested to go read the posts you mentioned, seems only fair though if I do that, you look at the video I posted before :-)

In regards to scientists, I put together some quotes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-   Carl Sagan
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
-   Albert Einstein
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modelled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-   Albert Einstien
“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”
-    Stephen Hawking
Science is only truly consistent with an atheistic worldview with regards to the claimed miracles of the gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
-Lawrence Krauss
The question of whether there exists a supernatural creator, a God, is one of the most important that we have to answer. I think that it is a scientific question. My answer is no.
-Richard Dawkins

Would you honestly call Einstein and Stephen Hawking "lame" scientists?

I'll be back later after reading the posts you mentioned :-)

Well done, @tlictdig !

legendary
December 30, 2015, 07:27:11 PM

That's not what the the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. Man commits idolatry whenever he honours and reveres a creature in place of God (link)

No one should follow the pope and place him on equal or greater grounds than our Father or Jesus (Yahuwshua).

A man is a man.

A creature is an animal with no intelligence (at best).

Best regards.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
December 30, 2015, 07:24:48 PM

There is no idolatry in worshipping a person (admitting that I'm worshipping someone).

Idolatry is worshipping a thing (called idol).

That's not what the the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Idolatry not only refers to false pagan worship. Man commits idolatry whenever he honours and reveres a creature in place of God (link)

No one should follow the pope and place him on equal or greater grounds than our Father or Jesus (Yahuwshua).
legendary
December 30, 2015, 06:30:15 PM
There are no religious people pushing Religion on you,
there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.
Anyone else spotted the obvious blunder here?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No blunder

Idolatry is a SIN
Perhaps you should practise what you preach and stop idolatrously worshipping the Pope.
You old sinner you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

There is no idolatry in worshipping a person (admitting that I'm worshipping someone).

Idolatry is worshipping a thing (called idol).

For me this issue is solved.

This thread can now be locked.
I thought you was suppose to be leaving this thread?

How this thread has becoming about me.

The subject is "Re: Why do atheists hate Religion?"

Stick to the subject.

Best regards.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1016
December 30, 2015, 06:16:17 PM
There are no religious people pushing Religion on you,
there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.
Anyone else spotted the obvious blunder here?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Idolatry is a SIN
Perhaps you should practise what you preach and stop idolatrously worshipping the Pope.
You old sinner you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

For me this issue is solved.

This thread can now be locked.
I thought you was suppose to be leaving this thread?
legendary
December 30, 2015, 05:36:12 PM
as an atheist I just hate when people try to push their religion on you, that shit is disgusting I have my beliefs you have yours leave it there

As an atheist WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?

As you are an atheist you don't believe in God, so YOU MUST BELIEVE IN A THING (if you believe in something).

If you believe in a thing that is call IDOLATRY.

Idolatry is a SIN: there are no religious people pushing Religion on you, there are religious people telling that you are SINNING.

Sinning is like breaking the law: like there is people calling you for breaking the civil law, there is people telling you for breaking religious laws.

There are no religious people pushing Religion on you, there are religious people telling that you are SINNING.

Hope this is clear enough, because this thing started to became annoying.

Best regards.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
December 30, 2015, 05:32:27 PM
legendary
December 30, 2015, 05:30:37 PM
as an atheist I just hate when people try to push their religion on you, that shit is disgusting I have my beliefs you have yours leave it there

As a religious person, I just hate it when atheists push their atheism religion on me by making students in schools learn their science religion... science, the theories of which are fiction, thereby making science a religion.

Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
December 30, 2015, 05:26:21 PM
legendary
December 30, 2015, 04:17:15 PM

Would you honestly call Einstein and Stephen Hawking "lame" scientists?    Wink

The point? EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it. And the thing(s) that acted on it were acted upon by other things that caused it to act that way. In other words, something caused something to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, etc., etc., so that everything acts the way it does in the whole universe because something, or many somethings, caused them all to act that way. Nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - in the whole universe ever has acted randomly. Not even your free will.

Smiley

Your answer is kinda going against god isn't it?  If "EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it" then what acted on god?

I am about to "try" and watch at least some of the "Walter Veith" videos suggested but I don't have any high hopes he is anymore than a crackpot creationist, conspiracy type.

When you make a computer program, where does it operate? Doesn't it operate in the computer? If it operates in the computer, it gets something done.

If you take the computer program and write it down in symbols and words on paper, does it do anything? No. It can't. It is made for the computer.

Further, if the computer program is made to act with the programmer, it will only act with the programmer in ways that the programmer made it to act with himself, INSIDE THE COMPUTER. If it is built to be some form of AI, it only knows the things that the programmer allows it to know. It only acts under the rules that the programmer allows.

----------

People know some things about this earth and universe. People don't know much, relatively. Almost everything about things beyond the solar system are unknown. We have lots of guesses, guestimations, and maybe even some estimations. But we don't really know. There are too many variables to know for sure without "hands-on" examination.

We may know a lot more about the earth than the rest of the universe. But we still know very little. If we knew a whole lot more, everyone would live to 1,000 years. Why? Because we would be able to make it so, because of our knowledge and ability. As it is, we can't do this little thing.

The point? With such limited knowledge, how are we the program, going to understand anything about the Programmer that programmed this whole thing in the backdrop of the big space-time computer?

We don't know if God needed something to make Him or cause Him or not. What He is, is outside of everything that we can know. He is something that we don't have any way of thinking about, except the ways that he programmed us to think about Him. We operate only as universe entities, because we ARE universe entities only. If we are more than universe entities (because we can consider the idea that there might be things outside of the universe, as abstract as that may sound), it hasn't been revealed to us... at least not at all clearly.

In other words, we don't know anything about God, and can't know anything about God, except what He has allowed and programmed us to know about Him.

The question asking what caused God is to us what pi is to math. There is no answer, simply because it is not an inappropriate question for answering in any way that we have the ability to answer.

Smiley
legendary
December 30, 2015, 09:40:01 AM

Albert Einstein was a jews, Albert Einstein was a scientist.

Stephen Hawking is an atheist.

Your answer is kinda going against god isn't it?  If "EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it" then what acted on god?

I am about to "try" and watch at least some of the "Walter Veith" videos suggested but I don't have any high hopes he is anymore than a crackpot creationist, conspiracy type.

Thank You for trying.

Best regards.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 30, 2015, 09:32:46 AM
If you need god in your life to stop you from having relationships with your mother/sister and from lying and stealing then you've got serious problems.

What about if you truly believe in GOD'S LAW OF BALANCE then you will never lust after dangerous sex and thus avoid "unwanted" pregnancy and disease as well as many emotional discomforts which may be impacting you upon a soul level.

Great speech dude! Smiley

That is the point with the Law. The Law is actually speaking about the Balance. The 7-th Chakras who are in our body can really help us to become aware about our thought, emotions and actions. The 10-th Commandments who were mentioned in the Old Testament were actually speaking about the Balance in the universe!

If you start to analyze the Law, you will realize that Faith is something that you should practice day by day if you want to be in peace with your body, soul and spirit.

I know a lot of atheists and agnostics and they don't hate religions. They hate stupid people. If you accept a book without any investigation, research and even you don't even read it then you must be huge ignorant.

No no dude, you are wrong. Atheist are those who goes against the Bible and the Law because they don't believe in that.

The other ''atheists and agnostics'' that you mentioned are those who actually hate this stupid religious people, but in fact they are similar to them because they never read about that. Because if they know what is written in the sacred texts, they will find the differences between the word religion and spiritual. Wink
Activity: 17
December 30, 2015, 06:25:40 AM

Would you honestly call Einstein and Stephen Hawking "lame" scientists?    Wink

The point? EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it. And the thing(s) that acted on it were acted upon by other things that caused it to act that way. In other words, something caused something to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, which caused something else to move, etc., etc., so that everything acts the way it does in the whole universe because something, or many somethings, caused them all to act that way. Nothing - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - in the whole universe ever has acted randomly. Not even your free will.

Smiley

Your answer is kinda going against god isn't it?  If "EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE acts because something acted on it" then what acted on god?

legendary
December 30, 2015, 06:04:53 AM

You have certainly heard of the Theory of Relativity and the Big Bang Theory. Theory might be something that is a necessary part of discovering scientific fact. But until the theory is proven true, it is fiction. In the case of science, it is science fiction. This brings us to Newton's 3rd Law.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This is a law, not a theory. Call it cause and effect... perhaps not exactly the same, but similar.

Every electron in your brain moves because it was acted upon by other electrons, or chemicals, or something else that causes it to move. When this electron moves, it causes other electrons to move, or other chemical reactions that cause you to think the way you do.

Newton's 3rd Law. That's it in detail. And the Thing that could cause such complex activities in the whole universe through cause and effect, action and reaction, must be very great. It must have the knowledge and ability to create the human brain and mind through thousands of years worth of cause and effect, right down to the present. Why? Because nothing acts any other way than it was caused to act the way it does... even the typing of this post.

Smiley
Activity: 17
December 30, 2015, 05:45:04 AM

I'm interested to go read the posts you mentioned, seems only fair though if I do that, you look at the video I posted before :-)

In regards to scientists, I put together some quotes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-   Carl Sagan
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.
-   Albert Einstein
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modelled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.
-   Albert Einstien
“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”
-    Stephen Hawking
Science is only truly consistent with an atheistic worldview with regards to the claimed miracles of the gods of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
-Lawrence Krauss
The question of whether there exists a supernatural creator, a God, is one of the most important that we have to answer. I think that it is a scientific question. My answer is no.
-Richard Dawkins

Jump to: