Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 263. (Read 901342 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 06, 2016, 11:28:21 AM
Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

There is no Science in atheism.
Science comes from Wisdom, and Wisdom come form the Fear of the Lord.

"Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the Lord,
    and humility comes before honor.
"
- Pro 15:33

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT

You still didn't answer on my questions... Wink

So, every time when you go to bed, you never think about the fears you have in your life? How about your emotions? Do you think that they are clear? What about your self-confidence? Did you ever think that you are powerful enough to change every situation that you have in your life? Tell me, did you ever feel a honest love from your parents, cousins, neighbors, friends and especially your girlfriend? Do you think that you are able enough to love yourself, so you can share that emotions with you closest one? What about your voice? Are you able to tell the truth and lie and in the same time to be aware of that? What about your intuition? Can you feel that sometimes the people who are around you are not the those people who really care about you?

In popcorn1's profile, it shows that his last post was made on the 3rd. While 2 days isn't a long time between posts for anybody, there's a good chance that since he has been shown to be Decksperiment, he won't answer anymore.

Of course, if he reads this post, he might respond out of spite. But, he might simply be on vacation... or on a drunken binge. We'll see.

Smiley

I am really curious about his answers because this is the second time how he avoid my post. I think he is a little frightened about the answers because it is very hard when you have to face with your own Ego... Cheesy

He's into freemasonry, or something like it. But he has carried it so far into himself that it is almost like satanism, though he doesn't realize it. That's why his posts are so full of hate language. It's tearing him to pieces on the inside.

Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 06, 2016, 09:33:07 AM
Because Atheists believes in fact, and religion have a lot of weird things that cant be scientificaly proved.
Im religious and i personally think that religion is illogical to me, but i still believes in it because there is still no prove that god exists or not, and most of religion ways is really about good things to do.

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Dude, if we want science to grow faster then now we should start to researching those evidences and facts who were written in the ancient sacred texts. Do you remember the quotes from the all three geniuses who lived in the new era?

“I have offended God and mankind because my work didn't reach the quality it should have.”

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

''The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work.''

Nikola Tesla

As you can see, all the science is set on these tree master minds, and if we continue with their tempo I am sure that in future we will be far beyond the Galaxies!
DUMB SHIT

So, every time when you go to bed, you never think about the fears you have in your life? How about your emotions? Do you think that they are clear? What about your self-confidence? Did you ever think that you are powerful enough to change every situation that you have in your life? Tell me, did you ever feel a honest love from your parents, cousins, neighbors, friends and especially your girlfriend? Do you think that you are able enough to love yourself, so you can share that emotions with you closest one? What about your voice? Are you able to tell the truth and lie and in the same time to be aware of that? What about your intuition? Can you feel that sometimes the people who are around you are not the those people who really care about you?

In popcorn1's profile, it shows that his last post was made on the 3rd. While 2 days isn't a long time between posts for anybody, there's a good chance that since he has been shown to be Decksperiment, he won't answer anymore.

Of course, if he reads this post, he might respond out of spite. But, he might simply be on vacation... or on a drunken binge. We'll see.

Smiley

I am really curious about his answers because this is the second time how he avoid my post. I think he is a little frightened about the answers because it is very hard when you have to face with your own Ego... Cheesy
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
January 06, 2016, 06:13:20 AM
Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

I HAVE FAITH IN MY BET WINNING..So atheist can have faith..nothing to do with god tho.
learn a bit because badecker will switch your words Wink
Atheists have faith. What the fuck are you talking about?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 06, 2016, 12:58:04 AM

That's stretching the meaning of faith beyond reason. Pun intended. What you are talking about isn't religious faith. Which I believe was what he was talking about. Yes people don't know the future. So they have to make assumptions about how things will work. And they act based on that. But that isn't religious faith. If things don't work how people expect, people change their assumptions. Change what they have faith will happen. If you want to use that word. But you can't do that in religious faith. You have to believe in something against all evidence to the contrary. Or lack of evidence.

We could get really detailed here. I don't want to go that far.

By the definitions of "religion," all people have religion. And their religion involves a great deal of faith, no matter who they are.

When a person talks "formal religion," one that has a name and some holy or sacred writings, remember that he interprets the doctrine and aspects of his formal religion differently than everyone else who has the same formal religion... differently at least a little.

The religion of a little child often can be twisted this way and that in the little child, by those who want to train him in formal religion. But his religion that is based in reality is strongest of all religions. This is because he still holds the memory of how he was created and built in Mommy's tummy, even though he can't express the concepts involved, and even though he can't easily be made to understand that he might be being asked to express them. The rest of us have chosen to bypass such complicated memory concepts, and in so doing we have made our religion less than reality... usually far less.

The idea that atheism is not a religion, or that atheists and others live without religion, is entirely false... by the definitions of what religion is. All suggestions of belief or faith, and all faith systems, are simply attempts at describing reality. The further we get away from the reality of the little child, the further we get into religion.

Smiley
cant really say atheism is a religion, even by the technical definition:
(credits to dictionary.com)
atheism does not in any way contain a fundamental explanation for the universe and its origins, it does not contain a set of beliefs, etc. atheism is just the lack of religion, or as biomech (i think, a bit fuzzy) put it earlier, irreligious.
prefix a -> not
theism -> belief in the existence of supernatural beings, or gods, that created the universe or something.
atheism -> lack of the belief in the above.
atheism is literally not religion.

However, number 6 in the definition fits atheism, especially when the atheist is adamant in thinking about and expressing the points to his atheism, and the fact that he is an atheist.

Smiley
i think that definition of religion is more attuned to describing a person or idea as religious, example: he plays the trumpet religiously; not describing the following of an idea (christianity, judaism, islam, etc). if definition #6 is to be taken literally as you have, anything and everything would be a religion, from coloring books to harry potter. i just took a randomly sized screenshot to list the definitions, not to take all of these as literal definitions of what a religion in the context of this thread is. for the purposes of this thread, im more or less referring to a religion as definition 1, and 2 and 3 to an extent.

You are finally getting the picture that I said above - did you read it? Everyone has religion. Religion is the way of life for people. Why? Because nobody knows what the future is. That is why people have religion. religion is their attempt to identify the least harmful path and the most joyful path in this life of not knowing anything about the future with certainty.

Smiley
i mostly skim stuff unless its really interesting to me, which doesnt include most stuff. and although i can agree a religious life can be a way of life for some, its not a way of life for everyone. i, for example, dont follow any faith or whatnot, i just live my life as is presented, no dogmas to blindly believe in or stand up for, no stories i live by. also, no, not everyone has a religion they live by, in accordance with the previous statement (irreligious, as pointed out before). also, the italicized part really drives the point that religion is an outlet, but the same can be said of many things, including drugs (alcohol especially), work, etc. the underlined part, is just untrue. bad examples, but there are things we can know for certain or with near certainty, such as the sun rising tomorrow, this glass cup will break if i drop it, etc.
'least harmful,' i think, isnt completely true as well; there's plenty of harm that can come from religion (ISIS is a great example, although an extreme case), its just that the extreme displays of faith these people can manage can blind themselves into believing whatever theyre doing is for the greater good or something. this post wasnt worded very well, oh well.
legendary
January 05, 2016, 11:15:18 PM

That's stretching the meaning of faith beyond reason. Pun intended. What you are talking about isn't religious faith. Which I believe was what he was talking about. Yes people don't know the future. So they have to make assumptions about how things will work. And they act based on that. But that isn't religious faith. If things don't work how people expect, people change their assumptions. Change what they have faith will happen. If you want to use that word. But you can't do that in religious faith. You have to believe in something against all evidence to the contrary. Or lack of evidence.

By the definitions of "religion," all people have religion. And their religion involves a great deal of faith, no matter who they are.

When a person talks "formal religion," one that has a name and some holy or sacred writings, remember that he interprets the doctrine and aspects of his formal religion differently than everyone else who has the same formal religion... differently at least a little.

The religion of a little child often can be twisted this way and that in the little child, by those who want to train him in formal religion. But his religion that is based in reality is strongest of all religions. This is because he still holds the memory of how he was created and built in Mommy's tummy, even though he can't express the concepts involved, and even though he can't easily be made to understand that he might be being asked to express them. The rest of us have chosen to bypass such complicated memory concepts, and in so doing we have made our religion less than reality... usually far less.

The idea that atheism is not a religion, or that atheists and others live without religion, is entirely false... by the definitions of what religion is. All suggestions of belief or faith, and all faith systems, are simply attempts at describing reality. The further we get away from the reality of the little child, the further we get into religion.

Smiley
atheism does not in any way contain a fundamental explanation for the universe and its origins, it does not contain a set of beliefs, etc. atheism is just the lack of religion, or as biomech (i think, a bit fuzzy) put it earlier, irreligious.
prefix a -> not
theism -> belief in the existence of supernatural beings, or gods, that created the universe or something.

However, number 6 in the definition fits atheism, especially when the atheist is adamant in thinking about and expressing the points to his atheism, and the fact that he is an atheist.

Smiley
i think that definition of religion is more attuned to describing a person or idea as religious, example: he plays the trumpet religiously; not describing the following of an idea (christianity, judaism, islam, etc). if definition #6 is to be taken literally as you have, anything and everything would be a religion, from coloring books to harry potter. i just took a randomly sized screenshot to list the definitions, not to take all of these as literal definitions of what a religion in the context of this thread is. for the purposes of this thread, im more or less referring to a religion as definition 1, and 2 and 3 to an extent.

You are finally getting the picture that I said above - did you read it? Everyone has religion. Religion is the way of life for people. Why? Because nobody knows what the future is. That is why people have religion. religion is their attempt to identify the least harmful path and the most joyful path in this life of not knowing anything about the future with certainty.

Smiley
legendary
January 05, 2016, 04:44:30 PM

Smiley
prefix a -> not

Smiley
legendary
January 05, 2016, 09:49:07 AM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

Smiley
legendary
January 05, 2016, 09:43:08 AM

Smiley
prefix a -> not

Smiley
January 05, 2016, 09:10:13 AM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

legendary
January 05, 2016, 05:29:04 AM

Smiley
prefix a -> not
legendary
January 05, 2016, 04:19:06 AM

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
January 05, 2016, 02:16:27 AM
Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

If atheism is only not believing in gods yes they can have faith. But do all atheists have faith? That is believe in things there is no proof for? No. There are all types of atheists.

ALL atheists have faith, even those that are complete vegetables for medical or disease reasons. Why? Simply because nobody knows anything about the future. We all have faith in our experiences that suggest that things are going to work out well today, just like they did yesterday.

If we knew anything about our future, there wouldn't be any car accidents, people would take precautions so that they wouldn't get sick or get broken bones, people would be a whole lot better at predicting the stock market, etc., and etc., and etc.

Think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Many of those people were walking, with a foot in the air as they took their next step. They knew exactly where their foot was going to land. Then, mid stride, all that was left of them was a shadow on the pavement.

You don't know. You live by faith.

Smiley

legendary
January 05, 2016, 02:07:36 AM
Well I am an atheist and I don't hate on any religion.

The things I hate about religion is when people try and shove it into your face an try to force it onto you.

Let the world believe what they believe.

BUMP!  +1

Yabut, consider. In the last half of the 1900s, the religion of evolution was a requirement in college/university for people who wanted to get into the medical profession. Yet, this religion (evolution) is proven to be just that, because it has so many holes in it regarding the origin of mankind, that those who believe it have, simply by their expressing of it, shown that it is a religion, and has little or no logic behind it. Yet it was forced onto these people back last century.

The universities and colleges have lightened up a bit. Evolution class is still required, but they don't preach it like it is gospel truth any longer. But you still have to take a course or two just to pass, if you want to become a doctor or nurse.

There is the atheist religion, shoving the evolution religion into the faces of all people who simply want to get into medicine.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
January 04, 2016, 09:48:57 PM

The things I hate about religion is when people try and shove it into your face an try to force it onto you.

BUMP!  +1
legendary
January 04, 2016, 05:20:53 PM
Shouldnt you call it a catsperiment? oh englightened one? or have you forgotten your true calling from god?

Now, now. Try not to be so unenlightened. Look up the Decksperiment username in Bitcointalk. Compare his writing to the way popcorn1 writes. Note, especially, the double periods at the end of sentences.

Decky may try to hide who he is by the way he writes, but comparison will show you who he is.

Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 04, 2016, 05:28:10 AM

January 04, 2016, 12:46:48 AM
Shouldnt you call it a catsperiment? oh englightened one? or have you forgotten your true calling from god?
legendary
January 03, 2016, 03:50:41 PM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT

"DUMB SHIT"

DUMB SHIT

D S

DeckSperiment

Cheesy
Activity: 444
Merit: 260
January 03, 2016, 03:40:46 AM
Do atheists have faith?
For example,  sometimes people suggest that faith is believing in spite of proof, or at least the stronger balance of evidence, to the contrary.

If atheism is only not believing in gods yes they can have faith. But do all atheists have faith? That is believe in things there is no proof for? No. There are all types of atheists.

ALL atheists have faith, even those that are complete vegetables for medical or disease reasons. Why? Simply because nobody knows anything about the future. We all have faith in our experiences that suggest that things are going to work out well today, just like they did yesterday.

If we knew anything about our future, there wouldn't be any car accidents, people would take precautions so that they wouldn't get sick or get broken bones, people would be a whole lot better at predicting the stock market, etc., and etc., and etc.

Think of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Many of those people were walking, with a foot in the air as they took their next step. They knew exactly where their foot was going to land. Then, mid stride, all that was left of them was a shadow on the pavement.

You don't know. You live by faith.

Smiley

Smiley BD, I enjoyed that.

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Some of the things that I post are quite radical. Some of them are probably incorrect. But I post them to get people to think. It would be a lot easier for me to do something else.

Smiley

We are all born helpless and ignorant and will never know everything, if we stop learning we stop growing, anything that is not growing is dying.  
YOU DUMB SHIT

Hahaha, acknowledging oneself as ignorant is hardly dumb
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
January 03, 2016, 12:15:15 AM

"

Atheists are "just men".

Best regards.

Leonardo da Vinci

Albert Einstein

Nikola Tesla

DUMB SHIT
Jump to: