Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 269. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 27, 2015, 01:14:58 PM
We are what we are, nothing but animals in the wild.

Take a good look around you if you believe any different.

Actually, if you take a good look at domesticated plants, you will see that it is evidence against evolution as usually promoted, so how can we be animals when it is obvious that there was intervention?
http://www.whale.to/b/pye1.html
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
4 Mana 7/7
December 27, 2015, 12:14:14 PM
The only video('s comments) you need to see is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-D8Mf9DdQI
Just look at the comments.

P.S: Oh , and an atheist here.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 27, 2015, 12:09:39 PM
I would draw everyone attention to the fact that religion is nothing but a human invention, and as a human invention has many flaws that can never be rectified.

In truth I believe that we are many many generations away from realizing that we are all here... that's it! we are just here, all in the same place and time with no differences except those we choose to put upon each other.

Religion is basically a set of guidelines to live by. Unfortunately we as humans like to embellish, degrade and twist words, rules and laws to our own personal ends, this has and for the foreseeable future will always be the case.
We are what we are, nothing but animals in the wild.

Take a good look around you if you believe any different.

"Bitcoin! taking humans out of the equation"
December 27, 2015, 11:31:07 AM
I guess because atheists do not have a sense of a religious. You know religion is a bond a person with his god. should you (atheists) believe is that every life is a journey toward us into the next life. you believe about life after in the world?

It is impossible for an atheist to believe in life after death or rebirth because these ideas are opposed to humanist dogma and all atheists are humanists since what else could they be?. Since there is so much evidence of life after death, the burden of proof has shifted to the skeptics, they fail to offer a serious scientific explanation to justify humanism.

The sole purpose contradiction or argument these religious morons hold against atheism IS just philosophical at best. True that philosophy has it's place in our world but when philosophy turns into religious preaching it is then when humanity begins to lose the battle against these idiots.

I do not preach any religion, rather I ask atheists to use reason in evaluating the mountains of evidence for the survival hypothesis. It is too bad that all atheists/humanists oppose this scientific explanation as though their very lives depended upon it.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
December 27, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
I guess because atheists do not have a sense of a religious. You know religion is a bond a person with his god. should you (atheists) believe is that every life is a journey toward us into the next life. you believe about life after in the world?

It is impossible for an atheist to believe in life after death or rebirth because these ideas are opposed to humanist dogma and all atheists are humanists since what else could they be?. Since there is so much evidence of life after death, the burden of proof has shifted to the skeptics, they fail to offer a serious scientific explanation to justify humanism.

The sole purpose contradiction or argument these religious morons hold against atheism IS just philosophical at best. True that philosophy has it's place in our world but when philosophy turns into religious preaching it is then when humanity begins to lose the battle against these idiots.
December 27, 2015, 11:18:54 AM

Researchers van Lommel and French wrote in New Scientist that if there was a documented case of perception and memory formation during brain death then this would suggest that the brain does not generate consciousness. Such a case was provided in the later AWARE study and other cases also have good documentation; there are many other lines of evidence that are very hard to explain without the survival hypothesis, even though it is a nonphysical explanation, it is the only one that explains the hard data and mountains of anecdotal evidence. It has been proven by rigorous science and the same can be said for the Orch OR theory of quantum consciousness.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
December 27, 2015, 10:05:03 AM

You didn't answer my question!! Tell me, how can you talk about things that you never have experienced them?? Smiley

Quite easily. the same way i can talk about werewolves,vampires,santa claus,tooth fairy,lochness monster,zeus,hercules,big foot,mermaids,minotaurs,krampus,trolls,the kraken etc. Ive not experienced any of those but i can be quite confident in speaking about them because they are all myths.god fits perfectly in with the others i mentioned. Do you suggest i dont speak of these since i have not actually experienced any of them? maybe they are all real?

Dude, we are talking about NDE, not myths! Please be patient and answer my questions and then I will answer yours... Smiley

By the way, do you think that there is a difference between a myth and legend? If Yes, please explain me. And don't forget that you should first answer my first question and then we can go on the second! Wink

Sorry i misunderstood your last question about how can i talk about something ive never experienced, I thought you were talking about experiencing god or jesus which a lot of religious people seem to claim not experiencing an NDE. Obviously ive not experienced god or an NDE. Even if i did though i might be convinced  i went to heaven or wherever you go but that doesnt make it so. A convincing dream is still a dream. Id need to see whatever article or study you are using though before i can debunk it , I mean im no expert on NDE as i imagine you arent either and can only go by whatever study s have been done on them.

You see, you don't know the difference between religious people and spiritual. Because if you do I will be sure that you have read the Bible and research the New Testament...

What is Heaven? Is it the same meaning for paradise? How can be so sure about something that some people never comeback?

Before you start to debunk something, you have to be sure that you have the evidence and facts, in this case supernatural experience! Wink

Im not sure how you think i dont know the difference between religion and spiritual but anyway i have read the new testament when i was a lot younger , the old testament , Ive looked into Hinduism, Buddhism ,and various others ive read books on cases offering evidence suggestive of reincarnation etc although i still think these need to be taken with a grain of salt . but this thread is asking why atheist hate religion, not why they hate spirituality.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 27, 2015, 09:46:41 AM

You didn't answer my question!! Tell me, how can you talk about things that you never have experienced them?? Smiley

Quite easily. the same way i can talk about werewolves,vampires,santa claus,tooth fairy,lochness monster,zeus,hercules,big foot,mermaids,minotaurs,krampus,trolls,the kraken etc. Ive not experienced any of those but i can be quite confident in speaking about them because they are all myths.god fits perfectly in with the others i mentioned. Do you suggest i dont speak of these since i have not actually experienced any of them? maybe they are all real?

Dude, we are talking about NDE, not myths! Please be patient and answer my questions and then I will answer yours... Smiley

By the way, do you think that there is a difference between a myth and legend? If Yes, please explain me. And don't forget that you should first answer my first question and then we can go on the second! Wink

Sorry i misunderstood your last question about how can i talk about something ive never experienced, I thought you were talking about experiencing god or jesus which a lot of religious people seem to claim not experiencing an NDE. Obviously ive not experienced god or an NDE. Even if i did though i might be convinced  i went to heaven or wherever you go but that doesnt make it so. A convincing dream is still a dream. Id need to see whatever article or study you are using though before i can debunk it , I mean im no expert on NDE as i imagine you arent either and can only go by whatever study s have been done on them.

You see, you don't know the difference between religious people and spiritual. Because if you do I will be sure that you have read the Bible and research the New Testament...

What is Heaven? Is it the same meaning for paradise? How can be so sure about something that some people never comeback?

Before you start to debunk something, you have to be sure that you have the evidence and facts, in this case supernatural experience! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
December 27, 2015, 07:11:14 AM
legendary
December 27, 2015, 06:50:15 AM

Why don't you try to debunk the AWARE study by proposing an alternative explanation for why a patient who has a flat EEG AND no blood flow is able to create a true memory of a perception that happened before the restoration of blood flow?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13349586

I managed to find your study http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/10/aware-study-results-finally-published-does-not-prove-life-after-death/

Although it is interesting its not conclusive of life after death
The AWARE study has not proven the case for NDE’s or OBE’s
, Dont get me wrong, I like reading about these things and it would be great if there was something after death but even if the aware study did verify NDE's that doesnt necessarily mean that there is a god.
December 27, 2015, 01:58:31 AM
So Buddhism is not a religion, and yet all Buddhists believe in rebirth; the so-called "Buddhist atheists" are not genuine precisely because they reject rebirth (they are humanists). No one who has become enlightened by the Buddhist path(s) has ever come back to tell us that this is the only existence available to us.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
December 27, 2015, 01:44:23 AM
Because atheists are rude...  Undecided
We can be LIKE THIS..
Why do Atheists hate Religion is the question and you answer BECAUSE THEY ARE RUDE ..
well you don.t make sense you dumb shit now that being rude  Cheesy Cheesy
So start again and answer the question in a better way DUMB SHIT.. Grin
Oh and without god in the sentence  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027
December 27, 2015, 01:26:48 AM
Because atheists are people without religion... They don't necessarily hate it, they just don't care about it.

Atheism, the religion of non-religion. At least Buddhists recognize that their atheistic religion is a religion.

Smiley

Your ignorance is disturbing in this thread.

Atheism is NOT a religion.

Buddhists are NOT religious.  Buddhism is a PHILOSOPHY, and Buddhist practices & beliefs vary widely around the world.

Amazing how some of you Bible Thumpers are also experts on things you never practised.

I'm sure you must miss the days of the Crusades & Inquisitions, the way you try to impose your narrow views in an open discussion.  

Your ignorance everywhere is astounding.....
Buddhism is a religion and a philosophy....

http://www.aboutbuddhism.org/

Here you will find some information on Buddhism to help you gain a basic understanding of this ancient religion and philosophy.
Your ignorance is disturbing in this thread. NO YOURS IS..Could you tell the pope about Christianity..

Would you say to the pope you don.t know what your talking about when you talk about Christianity you don.t know the laws of the bible..
Your answer is no the pope knows more than you about the bible..

WELL WATCH THIS THEN GO AND TELL HIM ITS A RELIGION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okD6Uet602s

Its about inner peace relaxing your mind body and soul ..put some head phones on and listen to some chanting it takes away stress..
listen to this NICE AND RELAX Grin make sure you put head phones on get a better feeling..
when feeling stressful just play this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLhld_L1WBA

ITS NOT A RELIGION  Grin SO CHILL AND LISTEN AND CLEAR YOUR MIND FROM STRESS ..ALSO MAKE YOU LIVE LONGER..I MADE THAT BIT UP Cheesy Cheesy
BUT I RECKON IT DOES ANYWAYS Grin LESS STRESS MAKES YOU LIVE LONGER
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
December 27, 2015, 01:21:56 AM
Because atheists are rude...  Undecided
December 27, 2015, 01:10:33 AM

Why don't you try to debunk the AWARE study by proposing an alternative explanation for why a patient who has a flat EEG AND no blood flow is able to create a true memory of a perception that happened before the restoration of blood flow?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13349586
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1126
December 26, 2015, 05:15:32 PM
Welcome to my ignore list.

I've been pagoda-hopping throughout Japan with Buddhist monks and nuns.  I've helped to construct Buddhist Peace Temples in MA & NY.

I don't need to read anything posted by a hateful person, LMAO.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003
December 26, 2015, 10:44:04 AM
We know that there are many religions in the world today such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and, of course, Islam. The question we want to ask then is: what is the common factor among all these religions? Before we answer this question let us take a look at some religious people, of whatever faith they may be, and compare them with the people who do not follow any religion. In such a comparison we notice some important differences between the two groups:

1. The religious people believe in something while the others do not.

2. The religious people perform certain acts of worship while the others do not.

3. The religious people seem to follow a certain code for their social and moral behaviour while the others do not.

4. The religious people find a purpose of life and have a definite philosophy towards it, while the others do not.

Now, we can make an attempt at phrasing a definition of religion:

Religion is a system of beliefs and worships which
includes a code of ethics and a philosophy of life

Why you try to change definitions?

Definition of religion was already in place and similar to your but with the word God in it:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/religion

Best regards.
legendary
December 26, 2015, 10:31:02 AM

December 26, 2015, 10:26:06 AM
We know that there are many religions in the world today such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity, and, of course, Islam. The question we want to ask then is: what is the common factor among all these religions? Before we answer this question let us take a look at some religious people, of whatever faith they may be, and compare them with the people who do not follow any religion. In such a comparison we notice some important differences between the two groups:

1. The religious people believe in something while the others do not.

2. The religious people perform certain acts of worship while the others do not.

3. The religious people seem to follow a certain code for their social and moral behaviour while the others do not.

4. The religious people find a purpose of life and have a definite philosophy towards it, while the others do not.

Now, we can make an attempt at phrasing a definition of religion:

Religion is a system of beliefs and worships which
includes a code of ethics and a philosophy of life
December 26, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

Jump to: