Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion? - page 68. (Read 901342 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
October 20, 2017, 06:53:35 AM
God save us from religion!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
October 20, 2017, 05:53:05 AM
There have been countless of God throughout history, and I hate the arrogance of people that think that 'their' God  is the one
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
October 20, 2017, 05:39:03 AM
Atheist do hate religions, because they don't believe in the existence of God. They don't believe in the creation of God.
Activity: 28
October 20, 2017, 05:10:27 AM
As an atheist I am annoyed by religion but I can't say I hate it.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
October 20, 2017, 03:34:11 AM
I can't agree that atheists hate religion. they just believe something else, something different. i would advise not to divide everything by just black and white, people (atheists included) are so different.. Undecided
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
October 20, 2017, 03:05:17 AM
Dont think atheists hate religion as much as they just dont understand it. As a person who is an atheist I can attest to that. Now I am not saying that I would worship a religion if I knew it was real

but if I knew the god were real it would be pretty hard not to.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
October 20, 2017, 12:25:32 AM
I am an atheist. I hate the IDEA of god. The concept of God is immoral. I hate the idea of heaven or hell. I hate the "holy books", so full of contradictions. Most of all, I hate the people that want to push their religion on me. And the reasons I hate religion are not because it makes bogus laws that follow no intrinsic thought, but because it holds back human progress, both technologically and morally. Theists brainwash their children, and allow a tyrannical myth to scare them into thinking they are not 'worthy.'
and everything primarily depends on how you feel about religion in general and what you think about what a person believes and believes. After all, I believe that religion is not only blind compliance with some law, but primarily the state of the soul and a certain understanding of life and deeds.

The different religions have their own views on the meaning of life:

Judaism: Do God’s commandments.
Christianity: Try to love the way Jesus loved.
Islam: Submit oneself to the will of Allah.

Pick up one!

Religion is Founded on a Lie We clearly do not need religion: the lie that we can live life after death. I say we emancipate ourselves from this incredulous and superstitious nonsense, and, at least, attempt to reach our true potential as humans and as primates.
Do we need religion? A small amount of people renounce religion all together. These people believe religion is completely unnecessary and is no longer needed to fill the void that science filled. Religion once had a role in explaining where the world came from and how human beings came to be. Science has replaced this idea of a creator with evolution and the Big Bang. Many people who frown upon religion feel as though it has caused more harm and trouble than it's worth. For those who argue religion gives a sense of purpose, atheists argue that giving all you can to the word before you die gives more purpose. The majority say that religion prevents evil, yet some of the most atrocious wars and crimes have been committed in the name of religion.

Believers remain skeptic to these scientific theories, however these theories are as logically sound as the theory of gravity. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to jump off the roof of a ten-storey building (thanks to Richard Dawkins for that one). Religion once served a purpose, however it no longer does.

The only hope is too teach all children need to be taught that the only thing they should believe in is what can be proven through scientific methods and empirical evidence.
Activity: 812
Merit: 317
October 19, 2017, 03:14:38 PM
I am an atheist. I hate the IDEA of god. The concept of God is immoral. I hate the idea of heaven or hell. I hate the "holy books", so full of contradictions. Most of all, I hate the people that want to push their religion on me. And the reasons I hate religion are not because it makes bogus laws that follow no intrinsic thought, but because it holds back human progress, both technologically and morally. Theists brainwash their children, and allow a tyrannical myth to scare them into thinking they are not 'worthy.'
and everything primarily depends on how you feel about religion in general and what you think about what a person believes and believes. After all, I believe that religion is not only blind compliance with some law, but primarily the state of the soul and a certain understanding of life and deeds.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
October 19, 2017, 01:19:28 PM
Activity: 243
Blockchain with solar energy
October 19, 2017, 12:58:53 PM
Not all Atheist hate religion, any wise atheist would simply be indifferent towards religion. Atheists who hate religion are religious inside actually.

I always talk about it! If an atheist proves very strongly that there is no god, then he himself doubts this. True atheists are indifferent to religion
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
October 19, 2017, 12:48:24 PM
Not all Atheist hate religion, any wise atheist would simply be indifferent towards religion. Atheists who hate religion are religious inside actually.
Activity: 532
https://www.empirehotels.io/
October 11, 2017, 12:00:27 AM
because they do not believe that God is real
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
October 10, 2017, 11:12:28 PM
Atheists don't hate religion, they are religious but are not bounded by the rules that restricts them to think and do within a predefined space. They are open  to every ideas.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
October 10, 2017, 11:00:40 PM
I'm an Atheist and the late GREAT Christopher Hitchens sums it up rather nicely in the quote below!

“Religion is a totalitarian belief. It is the wish to be a slave. It is the desire that there be an unalterable, unchallengeable, tyrannical authority who can convict you of thought crime while you are asleep, who can subject you to total surveillance around the clock every waking and sleeping minute of your life, before you're born and, even worse and where the real fun begins, after you're dead. A celestial North Korea. Who wants this to be true? Who but a slave desires such a ghastly fate? I've been to North Korea. It has a dead man as its president, Kim Jong-Il is only head of the party and head of the army. He's not head of the state. That office belongs to his deceased father, Kim Il-Sung. It's a necrocracy, a thanatocracy. It's one short of a trinity I might add. The son is the reincarnation of the father. It is the most revolting and utter and absolute and heartless tyranny the human species has ever evolved. But at least you can fucking die and leave North Korea!”

― Christopher Hitchens
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 10, 2017, 10:18:34 PM
In my opinion, I think atheist are more frustrated than HATE the religion. Religion requires you to do things to connect to God. Religion requires you to be in such a manner so that God will talk to you. I guess this is the part which atheist hate. Atheist are just confused.
Would it be more pleasant if you have somethjng to hold onto?
Religion are just DOs.
Relationship with God is what matters. Religion is not relationship.
God died for you. God loves you.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
October 10, 2017, 06:58:37 PM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think atheists don’t hate religion. They just hate stupid followers. I am aware that in this world, multiple religions actually divide people causing to persuade one another that their religion is the one to be followed. People also end up hating and killing each other because of religion. But is it the religion or the followers? No religion in the world, based on their books, actually implies killing people of different faith.  Best tip yet, follow your religion and do good to others and respect what others believe in.
While not true for all atheists, most of them are stupid followers themselves. They don't even understand the fundamentals of science and still eat up any and everything that "a study says".
Also, religion is just an excuse to hate and kill. People have been doing this for other fake reasons since the beginning of human existence. There are smart people who think for themselves and stupid blind followers in every group of people, no matter if it's religion, science, or any other kind of group that humans make up.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
October 09, 2017, 06:51:57 AM
So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

I think atheists don’t hate religion. They just hate stupid followers. I am aware that in this world, multiple religions actually divide people causing to persuade one another that their religion is the one to be followed. People also end up hating and killing each other because of religion. But is it the religion or the followers? No religion in the world, based on their books, actually implies killing people of different faith.  Best tip yet, follow your religion and do good to others and respect what others believe in.
Activity: 134
September 25, 2017, 12:34:55 AM
Because they have no God, they don't believe in God.
Activity: 28
September 24, 2017, 08:19:46 AM
Not all atheists hate religion. The only thing atheists have in common is that they have concluded that no god or gods exist. Most of the atheists, that I have listened to, have a "live and let live" attitude.
Activity: 106
September 24, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
religious is rules  and rules made to make other happy .

if Muslims do wrong things that not mean Islam is bad.
we hate some rules so that not mean you hate our country

Think Again

Religion does not make anyone happy. Happiness is a state of mind, and religion is simply created to control a person and sooner it will make him unhappy by limiting his limits.
Pages:
Jump to: