Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do people think income tax is ok? - page 19. (Read 17853 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
January 14, 2014, 06:30:38 PM
I said nobody is forcing you to pay taxes and they're not regardless of the definitions you provide. If you don't want to pay taxes you can either A) Not work, b) Earn under the tax threshold, C) Move to somewhere that doesn't require taxes) D) or don't get caught not paying taxes.

Items A), B), and C) aren't valid examples because generally there is no tax imposed on you in these situations and therefore no tax is due.  Item D) implies that a tax is due but isn't being imposed on you because the would be imposer doesn't realize that a tax is due.  What about when a tax is due and is being imposed on you?  What happens if you simply refuse to pay it?

Then yours isn't a valid example either. Name me one place that sends out the police to lock you up for not paying the taxes you don't owe? If you owe a tax then you owe a tax. Nobody is forcing you into a position where you owe any taxes in the first place. You make that decision yourself.

And D) Then it's not being forced or enforced is it?

I wasn't providing an example.  I was asking a question.  The question is about taxes that are owed and being imposed on you.  The question has nothing to do with taxes that aren't owed, because a tax that isn't owed, isn't a tax.  (If someone sends me a bill that says I don't owe them anything, then it isn't really a bill.)  Those first three examples you provide are ways of avoiding taxes, which is not the same as refusing to pay taxes that are owed and being imposed on you.  In this situation, if you refuse to pay, people with guns will eventually be sent out to lock you up.

You're (trying) to give me examples of where I'm wrong even though you are wrong and are not getting this at all. Not everyone lives in the US so not all police are going to come after you with guns and arrest you for either crimes you have or haven’t committed, but here's a fact: It is not a mandatory requirement nor is anybody forced to pay taxes. So why would any taxes be owed in the first place if it's not mandatory that anybody pays them? No police will come after you if you get yourself into a situation where you don't need to pay taxes. If you get yourself into a situation where you need or should be paying taxes, then yes, you might have a problem, but nobody forced you into either of those situations - You choose that yourself. You can avoid paying any taxes at all in several ways legally and without the threat of force because you owe nothing to anyone, and I've given you examples of how do to do this legally, yet you still don't get it because you're stubbornly operating under this belief that governments are forcing you to pay any taxes at all. If you do not understand this then you do not understand it and there's no point trying to continue your argument. If somebody owes someone money then they owe them money and that person or entity may then use force to get it back, but nobody forced them to loan the money or get into a situation where they owed any money in the first place, and nobody is forcing you or anybody else to get into a situation where you have to pay or owe taxes. You can choose to pay taxes or you can choose not to get into a situation where they are required, so there is no threat of force nor are you being forced to pay them if you do not wish because you owe nothing and have chosen to not pay tax. No crime has been committed so there will be no police with guns coming to arrest you, so you are not forced to pay tax.

tl;dr You don't have to pay tax.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
January 14, 2014, 05:49:05 PM
because you make funds for your govermant to build but lately it's just to fund them so they can steal more, altough it was a good idea Cheesy
Activity: 675
Merit: 514
January 14, 2014, 05:36:05 PM
In this situation, if you refuse to pay, people with guns will eventually be sent out to lock you up.
I don't know what usually happens in the USA, but here your bank account would suddenly be empty.
Refusing to pay is probably not the same as tax evasion.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
January 14, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
I said nobody is forcing you to pay taxes and they're not regardless of the definitions you provide. If you don't want to pay taxes you can either A) Not work, b) Earn under the tax threshold, C) Move to somewhere that doesn't require taxes) D) or don't get caught not paying taxes.

Items A), B), and C) aren't valid examples because generally there is no tax imposed on you in these situations and therefore no tax is due.  Item D) implies that a tax is due but isn't being imposed on you because the would be imposer doesn't realize that a tax is due.  What about when a tax is due and is being imposed on you?  What happens if you simply refuse to pay it?

Then yours isn't a valid example either. Name me one place that sends out the police to lock you up for not paying the taxes you don't owe? If you owe a tax then you owe a tax. Nobody is forcing you into a position where you owe any taxes in the first place. You make that decision yourself.

I wasn't providing an example.  I was asking a question.  The question is about taxes that are owed and being imposed on you.  The question has nothing to do with taxes that aren't owed, because a tax that isn't owed, isn't a tax.  (If someone sends me a bill that says I don't owe them anything, then it isn't really a bill.)  Those first three examples you provide are ways of avoiding taxes, which is not the same as refusing to pay taxes that are owed and being imposed on you.  In this situation, if you refuse to pay, people with guns will eventually be sent out to lock you up.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 14, 2014, 04:19:27 PM
People has been brainwashed with this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00u6qUelp6c

No tax is good!
legendary
January 14, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

January 14, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

legendary
January 14, 2014, 02:32:15 PM
There are literally an unlimited number of things that may or may not happen. That would depend on personal circumstances and situations/scenarios.

Let's try this from another approach:

tax  (tæks)

— n
1.   a compulsory financial contribution

compel  (kəmˈpɛl)

— vb
1.   to cause (someone) by force (to be or do something)
2.   to obtain by force; exact: to compel obedience
3.   to overpower or subdue

force  (fɔːs)

— n
2.   exertion or the use of exertion against a person or thing that resists; coercion

co·er·cion  [koh-ur-shuhn]
noun
the act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.

com·pli·ance  [kuhm-plahy-uhns]
noun
the act of conforming, acquiescing, or yielding.

If you're still having trouble figuring out what happens when you don't pay taxes, I kindly ask that you step out of candy land and try once more.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
January 14, 2014, 02:07:23 PM
There are literally an unlimited number of things that may or may not happen. That would depend on personal circumstances and situations/scenarios.

Let's try this from another approach:

tax  (tæks)

— n
1.   a compulsory financial contribution

compel  (kəmˈpɛl)

— vb
1.   to cause (someone) by force (to be or do something)
2.   to obtain by force; exact: to compel obedience
3.   to overpower or subdue

force  (fɔːs)

— n
2.   exertion or the use of exertion against a person or thing that resists; coercion

co·er·cion  [koh-ur-shuhn]
noun
the act of coercing; use of force or intimidation to obtain compliance.

com·pli·ance  [kuhm-plahy-uhns]
noun
the act of conforming, acquiescing, or yielding.

If you're still having trouble figuring out what happens when you don't pay taxes, I kindly ask that you step out of candy land and try once more.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
January 14, 2014, 01:57:53 PM
I believe that some part of what I've earned over the course of my life is due to the government being there to protect property rights and safety.  Also some of the money I've made is due to circumstances beyond the control of some poor, sick people etc.  So I don't have a problem giving something to help the less fortunate.  However a line does need to be drawn somewhere.
legendary
January 14, 2014, 12:50:07 PM
Ridiculous comparison. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay taxes.

What does happen when you don't pay taxes?

You don't get thrown in a gas chamber that's for sure.

You're changing the discussion.  Elwar didn't say that people who don't pay taxes are thrown in a gas chamber.  He was pointing out that people do things they wouldn't otherwise do--like enter a gas chamber or pay taxes--because they are forced to against their will.

I think you will find he changed the discussion, but I'll reiterate: Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay taxes.

And I'll ask again.  What does happen when you don't pay taxes?  Notice I'm not asking what DOESN'T happen.  There are literally an unlimited number of things that don't happen.  My question is what DOES happen?

You want to know what does happen when you don't pay taxes?

I already know what happens when you don't pay taxes.  I want to see if you know.

January 14, 2014, 12:41:07 PM
Ridiculous comparison. Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay taxes.

You're changing the discussion.  Elwar didn't say that people who don't pay taxes are thrown in a gas chamber.  He was pointing out that people do things they wouldn't otherwise do--like enter a gas chamber or pay taxes--because they are forced to against their will.

I think you will find he changed the discussion, but I'll reiterate: Nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay taxes.

And I'll ask again.  What does happen when you don't pay taxes?  Notice I'm not asking what DOESN'T happen.  There are literally an unlimited number of things that don't happen.  My question is what DOES happen?

I already know what happens when you don't pay taxes.  I want to see if you know.
legendary
January 14, 2014, 12:37:13 PM

January 14, 2014, 12:24:01 PM

legendary
January 14, 2014, 12:18:57 PM

January 14, 2014, 12:15:06 PM

legendary
January 14, 2014, 11:53:40 AM

January 14, 2014, 11:43:38 AM

legendary
January 14, 2014, 07:41:01 AM
Would people really pay for stuff if they weren’t forced to pay it?

Lucky for you, we are forced.

Would jews really go to the gas ovens if they weren't forced?

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
January 14, 2014, 07:12:24 AM
Would people really pay for stuff if they weren’t forced to pay it?

Lucky for you, we are forced.

Would jews really go to the gas ovens if they weren't forced?
Pages:
Jump to: