Pages:
Author

Topic: Why do you believe God exists? - page 16. (Read 7890 times)

Activity: 978
Merit: 506
November 20, 2018, 06:28:12 PM

Well since there is no way to know which god is the real one, allah, jesus, zeus, etc etc there is no point in trying to believe in any of the, not that you can force yourself to believe anyways.

Gibberish and vain babbling from a knucklehead again. Of course there is THE WAY to know.  Do your own research...

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
Personal Text
November 20, 2018, 01:53:24 PM
How do semitic religions debate this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox
Without discarding the question completely

Unbelievable but they try
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
November 20, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

You two knuckleheads almost got it, but not quite yet. One need to try harder...

Hint:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+23%3A39-43&version=NASB

+
bonus:

But if that isn't enough to prove you are a sinner, just walk through a cemetery and look at the dates. Most of them couldn't figure out how to live over 100 years. And there aren't any records of anyone presently alive who is over 200 years. You ain't good enough to not sin.

But you will rise in the resurrection.

Cool

You never know man, maybe god gets mad again and kills everyone with another flood, that guy is bipolar.

You're just as dead if you die of old age. So, the point isn't dying. The point is where you will stand in the resurrection... with or against God.

Why would you think that there won't be a resurrection? The only facts that we have that prove that life is possible are that life is here. We don't know why or how it could come about. Since we are so ignorant, why would you think that it can't happen a second time, since it couldn't happen the first time, scientifically?

Why do you think God is bipolar? I mean, if you buy your poor kid a dozen houses, two dozen cars, several jet planes, and give him a bunch of women to play with, and you do it with the best and greatest of your funds...
... and the kid burns all the houses down, crashes all the cars and planes, and beats and kills the women, what would you think about him? How much more could he dishonor you and all your gifts? Wouldn't you just about be ready to go out and eliminate him from the earth?

But that is the way people treated God after he made all things for them. And you take it one step further. You won't even honor God enough to admit that He exists. You above all people don't deserve any of the good He does for you. And you know it. That's why you are worried about another flood.

Cool

Well since there is no way to know which god is the real one, allah, jesus, zeus, etc etc there is no point in trying to believe in any of the, not that you can force yourself to believe anyways.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 20, 2018, 10:03:37 AM
Easy question. Science when it comes to the world coming into existence is just a bunch of theories that aren't proven at all, they tell you the earth was created from a bunch of gasses that made an explosion. However when there was nothing at all, how were all these gasses created? There must be a beginning. Theory of spontaneous generation must be a law, it proves science wrong in this case, too basic.

When it comes to God, if you chose this path, you have not only geological evidence the Bible is right, also historic. The Bible is a book where you can see prophesies come true in real life. Jesus existence is also proven, there's historic evidence, eyewitnesses. And most important of all, the name of God means "The Great I am" meaning nothing created him, he has always been.

You are talking about proof. If you prove the existence of God, then you KNOW that He exists. When you know it, you can't believe it any longer. Knowledge overcomes belief.

Believing in God has to do with believing that He is talking to us, and then finding out what He says, and then believing that He will act as He says.

Cool
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 20, 2018, 09:58:26 AM
Easy question. Science when it comes to the world coming into existence is just a bunch of theories that aren't proven at all, they tell you the earth was created from a bunch of gasses that made an explosion. However when there was nothing at all, how were all these gasses created? There must be a beginning. Theory of spontaneous generation must be a law, it proves science wrong in this case, too basic.

When it comes to God, if you chose this path, you have not only geological evidence the Bible is right, also historic. The Bible is a book where you can see prophesies come true in real life. Jesus existence is also proven, there's historic evidence, eyewitnesses. And most important of all, the name of God means "The Great I am" meaning nothing created him, he has always been.
legendary
November 20, 2018, 09:55:15 AM

You two knuckleheads almost got it, but not quite yet. One need to try harder...

Hint:

+
bonus:

But if that isn't enough to prove you are a sinner, just walk through a cemetery and look at the dates. Most of them couldn't figure out how to live over 100 years. And there aren't any records of anyone presently alive who is over 200 years. You ain't good enough to not sin.

Cool

You never know man, maybe god gets mad again and kills everyone with another flood, that guy is bipolar.

You're just as dead if you die of old age. So, the point isn't dying. The point is where you will stand in the resurrection... with or against God.

Why would you think that there won't be a resurrection? The only facts that we have that prove that life is possible are that life is here. We don't know why or how it could come about. Since we are so ignorant, why would you think that it can't happen a second time, since it couldn't happen the first time, scientifically?

Why do you think God is bipolar? I mean, if you buy your poor kid a dozen houses, two dozen cars, several jet planes, and give him a bunch of women to play with, and you do it with the best and greatest of your funds...
... and the kid burns all the houses down, crashes all the cars and planes, and beats and kills the women, what would you think about him? How much more could he dishonor you and all your gifts? Wouldn't you just about be ready to go out and eliminate him from the earth?

But that is the way people treated God after he made all things for them. And you take it one step further. You won't even honor God enough to admit that He exists. You above all people don't deserve any of the good He does for you. And you know it. That's why you are worried about another flood.

Cool
November 20, 2018, 09:35:16 AM
I'm a shrink.
And you need to repent from your unprofitable atheism and turn to The Living God - Jesus Christ, otherwise you're at risk loosing (that's losing ,you dumbass)your soul in eternal hellfire.

Think about it.

Bonus video as my gift to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MpFn3-GFOo

You are a shrink eh?
Well brass monkeys are flying out my ass, bud.

I got thru the first 10 seconds of your "educational" video and that was a chore.
Oh, and learn the difference between "lose" (opposite of find) and "loose"( opposite of tight) ya fucking moron.
Oh yes , I'll think about it alright...
Excuse me now while I wait for your magic sky fairy to burn me in  imaginary hell....

I don't even bother clicking on his links anymore, this guy is truly nuts. I think notbatman could be a troll, exemplar is definitely insane though.

I don't understand why a god would need anyone to believe in him and 'repent'. Why is doing that better than being a good person all the time?
So a murderer that repents goes to heaven.
A person that was good all his life goes to hell for not believing in god.

Yeah..

Hint:

+
bonus:

Cool

Activity: 5
November 20, 2018, 04:24:55 AM
I strongly believe in God, not just because I was taught, but because each time I say a prayer, answers are always available.
legendary
November 19, 2018, 09:30:16 PM
I'm a shrink.
And you need to repent from your unprofitable atheism and turn to The Living God - Jesus Christ, otherwise you're at risk loosing (that's losing ,you dumbass)your soul in eternal hellfire.

Think about it.

You are a shrink eh?

I got thru the first 10 seconds of your "educational" video and that was a chore.
Oh, and learn the difference between "lose" (opposite of find) and "loose"( opposite of tight) ya fucking moron.
Excuse me now while I wait for your magic sky fairy to burn me in  imaginary hell....

I don't even bother clicking on his links anymore, this guy is truly nuts. I think notbatman could be a troll, exemplar is definitely insane though.

I don't understand why a god would need anyone to believe in him and 'repent'. Why is doing that better than being a good person all the time?

Yeah..

Hint:

+
bonus:

Cool
Activity: 28
November 19, 2018, 07:48:40 PM
Because beginning of life and after life are the two main things that we want to know. But science is not able to explain them.

Well, you don't know that yet with all the ongoing projects which are trying to make people immortal, albeit digitally. Maybe, once we do that, we'll be able to explain how life is created.
Activity: 978
Merit: 506
November 19, 2018, 05:54:35 PM
I'm a shrink.

Think about it.

You are a shrink eh?

Yeah..

Hint:

+
bonus:

copper member
Activity: 196
November 19, 2018, 01:54:55 PM
I trust in God because there's no anyone explainabout God. in the world everything create by God. before life & after death anyone not sure to explain it.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
November 18, 2018, 10:46:47 PM
I think notbatman could be a troll, exemplar is definitely insane though.

my sentiments exactly...
November 18, 2018, 10:12:36 PM
I'm a shrink.

Think about it.

You are a shrink eh?

Yeah..
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
November 18, 2018, 09:57:52 PM
I'm a shrink.

Think about it.

You are a shrink eh?

I got thru the first 2 minutes of your "educational" video and then had to kill that delusional drivel.
legendary
November 18, 2018, 07:14:09 PM

''But you, even though you have much better understanding about physics, won't be saved'' Well thankfully I don't believe god exists so I don't need to be saved, if god needs me to believe in him to be saved then he is still a moron.

That's part of the point. Satan tried to believe God out of existence but failed, so why would you think that you can? All you are doing is believing yourself out of existence.

Cool

Nonsensical statement. I can't chose what to believe in and what not. Just like you can't chose to believe in Allah or Zeus instead of your god. God wouldn't need to require people believing in him to save them, being a good person should be more than enough if a real god existed.

Go ahead. Believe yourself a foot into the air. Now two feet. Pretty soon you won't need a car to drive. You can fly by believing you can, right?

Attempting to believe God out of existence won't work. Believe yourself into levitation, first, just to show yourself that you have some believe-power.

Cool

You don't understand, do you? I gave you an example, can you now switch and believe in Zeus, even if you tried, you wouldn't be able to do it. Why do you think I don't want god to exist? I want god to exist, I would want to go to heaven and live forever, unfortunately I cannot force myself to believe in that, even though it's a desirable outcome, I simply cannot believe in it because for me there is not enough evidence.

It's been a pleasure knowing you this short time on earth.

Cool
November 18, 2018, 07:08:31 PM

''But you, even though you have much better understanding about physics, won't be saved'' Well thankfully I don't believe god exists so I don't need to be saved, if god needs me to believe in him to be saved then he is still a moron.

That's part of the point. Satan tried to believe God out of existence but failed, so why would you think that you can? All you are doing is believing yourself out of existence.

Cool

Nonsensical statement. I can't chose what to believe in and what not. Just like you can't chose to believe in Allah or Zeus instead of your god. God wouldn't need to require people believing in him to save them, being a good person should be more than enough if a real god existed.

Go ahead. Believe yourself a foot into the air. Now two feet. Pretty soon you won't need a car to drive. You can fly by believing you can, right?

Attempting to believe God out of existence won't work. Believe yourself into levitation, first, just to show yourself that you have some believe-power.

Cool

You don't understand, do you? I gave you an example, can you now switch and believe in Zeus, even if you tried, you wouldn't be able to do it. Why do you think I don't want god to exist? I want god to exist, I would want to go to heaven and live forever, unfortunately I cannot force myself to believe in that, even though it's a desirable outcome, I simply cannot believe in it because for me there is not enough evidence.
legendary
November 18, 2018, 06:45:57 PM

Cool

Cool
November 18, 2018, 06:31:13 PM
There is only one reason why anybody believes any right thing about God. It's because His Holy Spirit gives them the ability to believe.

Anybody who sees the machine we call nature, or the universe, knows that God exists. He doens't believe that God exists... although he might be attempting to delude himself into believing that God doesn't exist.

Cool

Well seems like god is doing a terrible job, look at the above nutjobs, exemplar or notbatman, they believe in god and at the same time they think the earth is flat.

That's what religion is all about, saving faulty people.

God forgives mistakes, even big ones, when there is repentance. Those jokers might be saved, even though they have some misunderstanding about the ways physics works. They might be saved because they believe in God's salvation... Jesus... even though they have misunderstandings about other things.

But you, even though you have much better understanding about physics, won't be saved, simply because you won't accept the only salvation that is real... Jesus salvation. But if you repent of this, even you can be saved.

Cool

Cool

legendary
November 18, 2018, 06:15:58 PM
There is only one reason why anybody believes any right thing about God. It's because His Holy Spirit gives them the ability to believe.

Anybody who sees the machine we call nature, or the universe, knows that God exists. He doens't believe that God exists... although he might be attempting to delude himself into believing that God doesn't exist.

Cool

Well seems like god is doing a terrible job, look at the above nutjobs, exemplar or notbatman, they believe in god and at the same time they think the earth is flat.

That's what religion is all about, saving faulty people.

God forgives mistakes, even big ones, when there is repentance. Those jokers might be saved, even though they have some misunderstanding about the ways physics works. They might be saved because they believe in God's salvation... Jesus... even though they have misunderstandings about other things.

But you, even though you have much better understanding about physics, won't be saved, simply because you won't accept the only salvation that is real... Jesus salvation. But if you repent of this, even you can be saved.

Cool

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: