Pages:
Author

Topic: Why is the price of bitcoin so high - page 92. (Read 15536 times)

Activity: 528
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 09:10:46 AM
Hello,

Im new in crypto and have a question (a stupid one).. I never really gave it much though and now i wonder.

Is price of bitcoin so high (compared to altcoins) because it is so much superior or is it just because it is THE coin - the original one.

Cheers Smiley
The price of the bitcoin is depend on the supply and the demand in the cryptocurrency market. The reason why the value of the bitcoin is now high is because the people have now massive demand on bitcoins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 09, 2018, 09:07:41 AM
Apparently, one of the factors that greatly affect bitcoin's value is its demand followed by the number of investors. As the demand of bitcoin increases and with its limited supply, this somehow results to an increase in its value. Unfortunately though, bitcoin valie dropped just before the end of last year and everybody is patiently waiting for it to increase significantly.
Activity: 504
March 09, 2018, 08:46:55 AM
I think that Bitcoin will not take a leading position for long, because it is no longer a guarantee of stability. Previously, everyone thought that he would never collapse, but would only grow in capitalization.
Activity: 252
March 08, 2018, 06:11:22 PM
The price of BTC and mostly all other coins is produced by supply and demand.
When the Btc price is high because many people want to buy bitcoin and sellers are up the price. This happens not only with bitcoin but also with any other goods.
Activity: 843
Merit: 255
8V Global | 8v.com
March 08, 2018, 05:26:52 PM
I see that in the market there has been another correction and the 10k level has been lowered - that means he could not restrain the market's turn. It turns out about the maxima, even if local ones can and do not dream in the near future. I would like to believe that bitcoin will drop again to levels of 5-7k. Then you can safely buy and then wait patiently for the end of the year. December and November as well as in the last year of 2017 will show us new historical highs, I do not doubt it!
Activity: 385
Merit: 101
March 08, 2018, 04:44:22 PM
1. the limited supply

2. the amount of computing power and electricity required to produce bitcoins is extremely high and is only going to get worse.
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
March 08, 2018, 04:41:15 PM
Bitcoin is the first coin and people initially invested in it because there was simply no other coin. Now it is still popular because the exchange rate is relatively stable, although recently it can be argued.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
March 08, 2018, 04:37:28 PM
Bitcoin is so expensive because he is the original one. The rest of altcoins are just duplicate copies of bitcoin and not all the time reliable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
В поиске
March 08, 2018, 04:15:41 PM
I never put Bitcoin in and I'm not going to. In fact, there are many good altoins that are able to overtake the BTC and soon so it will be.
Activity: 210
March 08, 2018, 03:24:27 PM
Right now we are about to go down so prepare to hold guys and buy even more if you have some cash to spare. I see this as a great opportunity to join and buy bitcoin or some alts or even invest into good ICO's.
Activity: 453
March 08, 2018, 03:20:53 PM
I think that on a large scale it is because  for the fact that this is the first cryptocurrency, everyone knows about it literally, therefore Bitcoin is a popular
Activity: 462
Merit: 62
March 07, 2018, 02:41:50 PM
You ask the wrong question.
Right question is why is the price of bitcoin so low.
bit20 coin cost almost a million.
Activity: 235
March 07, 2018, 12:25:43 PM
Bitcoin is the first and still main crypto currency that has a big profit and influence on the other altcoin's price.
Activity: 82
Merit: 6
March 07, 2018, 12:21:11 PM
I know it is an old saying by now for sure, but BC is just Internet gold ....why it has happened at this exact time is ofc a different question but now it is seen as a more or less viable alternative investment strategy. Some people got rich, many other would like to do so too - like with a classical gold rush. Wink Ofc the big climb-up is over now - those who are able to get into the BC market itself should be pretty loaded to start with, imho.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
March 07, 2018, 12:15:58 PM
Cause it is first coin, the most people believe in bitcoin, it is on first place on whole crypto market and people are still buying, selling and doing peyments with it.
Activity: 318
March 07, 2018, 12:14:33 PM
Hello,

Im new in crypto and have a question (a stupid one).. I never really gave it much though and now i wonder.

Is price of bitcoin so high (compared to altcoins) because it is so much superior or is it just because it is THE coin - the original one.

Cheers Smiley

Bitcoin is a coin that is created first and is the original coin, and as for altcoin is an alternative coin that is created after the presence of bitcoin. The popularity of bitcoin is much higher than altcoin, therefore bitcoin has a high price compared to altcoin.
Activity: 504