Pages:
Author

Topic: Why use Bitcoins ? - page 23. (Read 13322 times)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 338
January 15, 2018, 09:48:23 AM
We should not just use bitcoin because we should take the opportunity that we got in bitcoin that can change our lives. Bitcoin got a lot of great opportunities ahead and it is just waiting us to grab them and if we will just use bitcoin as a mode of payment then there will be no change in our life because the opportunity in bitcoin needs to be grabbed by us and we should make an action towards it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 103
January 15, 2018, 09:18:34 AM
why use bitcoin? because bitcoin is use to fast transaction to pay a bill and for me bitcoin is a legit coin or legit digital money.
Activity: 256
Merit: 36
January 15, 2018, 09:09:24 AM
Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people” ? The real question to me is Why would they ?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenience and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor and person that follows evolving treads and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.   
If you are a techy person I think you must try to mine bitcoin because I think it will be easy to you because you have a background to technology so it is easier to you. So why bitcoin?, it is because it is new and we need to accept the truth that it can change the currency of the world.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
January 15, 2018, 09:04:47 AM
I wonder if converting alts to bitcoin using a trading platform also has high fees and also takes a little bit longer to do? Because I think it would be much cheaper to buy alts than bitcoin.
The fees aren't that high if you just want to convert your alts to bitcoin or vice versa. What is killing us are the withdrawal fees, it includes the miners fee and as well as the withdrawal fee that goes to the exchange and that's why others are deciding to get into altcoins instead of bitcoin. Just use bitcoin as it is, if you want to use it as currency go for it or if you want it as an investment do it.
Sometimes it is high depending on the blockchain or the difficulty, because we all know that miners also incurring cost, that is why, but for me that is acceptable since not all the time that the transaction cost is high, and for me why I am using bitcoin is because I wanted to help the crypto world with that I am promoting it.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
January 15, 2018, 08:58:50 AM
I wonder if converting alts to bitcoin using a trading platform also has high fees and also takes a little bit longer to do? Because I think it would be much cheaper to buy alts than bitcoin.
The fees aren't that high if you just want to convert your alts to bitcoin or vice versa. What is killing us are the withdrawal fees, it includes the miners fee and as well as the withdrawal fee that goes to the exchange and that's why others are deciding to get into altcoins instead of bitcoin. Just use bitcoin as it is, if you want to use it as currency go for it or if you want it as an investment do it.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 08:53:00 AM
Because Bitcoin transactions are generally much faster, Bitcoin transaction fees are minimal, in some cases even free... nobody can take you’re bitcoin, No one can steal important information regarding your accounts in Bitcoin
Activity: 23
January 15, 2018, 08:45:16 AM
4U
Activity: 195
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 02:14:47 AM
You have point. I have been wondering what is the point.There definitively is a point in using cryptos, but currently using bitcoin is very cumbersome.

- You can make a transfer, but it costs very much (several €£$)
- Often you can not be certain if the exchenge fees is correct or inflated by the exchange / service ...
- There are a lot of codes, long addresses, recieving / transferring address, passwords, recovery words, seed words, master passwords, i.e. a lot to keep track of.
- Backups etc.

The thing that is really annoying, are the fees. If I use SEPA transfers in Europe, the funds are transferred instantly from country to country, and I mean instantly. You can do the transfer for free, up to 12k €.

Using cryptos should compete with the credit card companies expensive fees and the FIAT banks inflation. Now, using Bitcoin is more expensive than ever.

This really has to be addressed, as it is in my opinion a question of survival for the bitcoins and crypto usage. I feel something is wrong with the way everything works now, as the transactions are too expensive.
I think bitcoin is best and there is no other choice to join bitcoin because I try a lot of other crypto but they all were useless they just waste my time and they even waist my money I never see such a currency in life like bitcoin so bitcoin is now a part of life and I can’t survive without bitcoin because it did a lot for me and still is going to help me in my life I’m great full to bitcoin it’s not only helping me but also its good for world.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
January 14, 2018, 10:00:46 PM
Many advantages if we use bitcoin, if we are accustomed to transact abroad and use the services of banks, of course need a big fee for fees, but with bitcoin then we can send money for only $ 8.
Activity: 678
Merit: 500
January 14, 2018, 09:57:22 PM
I like bitcoin  because of the freedom of using my properties anywhere ,anytime and any-amount .

FIAT can not do that for me.
Activity: 1
January 14, 2018, 09:16:59 PM
You have point. I have been wondering what is the point.There definitively is a point in using cryptos, but currently using bitcoin is very cumbersome.

- You can make a transfer, but it costs very much (several €£$)
- Often you can not be certain if the exchenge fees is correct or inflated by the exchange / service ...
- There are a lot of codes, long addresses, recieving / transferring address, passwords, recovery words, seed words, master passwords, i.e. a lot to keep track of.
- Backups etc.

The thing that is really annoying, are the fees. If I use SEPA transfers in Europe, the funds are transferred instantly from country to country, and I mean instantly. You can do the transfer for free, up to 12k €.

Using cryptos should compete with the credit card companies expensive fees and the FIAT banks inflation. Now, using Bitcoin is more expensive than ever.

This really has to be addressed, as it is in my opinion a question of survival for the bitcoins and crypto usage. I feel something is wrong with the way everything works now, as the transactions are too expensive.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
January 14, 2018, 04:05:14 AM
I choose bitcoin because it is more practical than paypal, western union or perfect money, I often send money to various countries so need a fast payment system, cheap cost and of course safe, and bitcoin can fulfill what I want.

Do you really send bitcoins right now? I think its more expensive to send money in bitcoin than paypal. If it is year ago, then probably. But right now its not a good idea anymore.

I agree, bitcoin has an expensive fee these days and I think that it may increase more since the price is also increasing. I don't think that it will be cheaper since the price are starting to increase more this year and the fee will do the same. It is better not to use bitcoin because of it's fee and transaction speed since it is not that cheap and quick with it, better use bitcoin because of it's probability in pumping in the future.
Activity: 230
January 14, 2018, 03:31:45 AM
many reasons that make me use bitcoin, even bitcoin my main job. bitcoin provides the benefits I need every time to keep at the end of every month to pay my bills. you will learn more about the cyrpto currency in trading materials and will also do it to make bitcoin your first choice. you will win something in the form of crisis in your life, it will test your patience. bitcoin is the choice of many people nowadays, because bitcoin all needs will be quickly accomplished like buying goods.
Activity: 188
Merit: 12
January 14, 2018, 03:27:00 AM
If you use Bitcoin services it will get more exposure. Bitcoin can be used as a long term, so that many benefits can be obtained from banks. Bitcoin is a digital currency so much more demand. Bitcoin provides the highest interest of all market values.
Activity: 23
January 14, 2018, 03:23:17 AM
I choose bitcoin because it is more practical than paypal, western union or perfect money, I often send money to various countries so need a fast payment system, cheap cost and of course safe, and bitcoin can fulfill what I want.

Do you really send bitcoins right now? I think its more expensive to send money in bitcoin than paypal. If it is year ago, then probably. But right now its not a good idea anymore.
Activity: 586
Merit: 250
January 14, 2018, 03:20:45 AM
Activity: 364
January 14, 2018, 01:40:35 AM
I got your point but the thing is, you misunderstood the value of bitcoin. Bitcoin is best for investment and not for what you think it is as a payment for your daily needs. Ofcourse you still need to use fiat to pay your bill and to buy your needs since establishment who accept bitcoin is not too plenty yet.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
January 14, 2018, 01:37:39 AM
Why using bitcoin?
Because I think bitcoin it can give advantage big and because of bitcoin then economic my family and can be helped, because of bitcoin my income increased and I can also invested, so I can save money for my future of investment that I do
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
January 14, 2018, 01:32:53 AM
Why use Bitcoins ?

I keep seeing threads on “why don't people”? The real question to me is Why would they?

-The average consumer will go way out of their way to save money. Bitcoins cost more.
-The average consumer will usually pay a little extra to have convenience. Bitcoin is less convenient and more hoops and complications.

I just cannot see any reason for the average consumer to use Bitcoins. Until average consumers start using Bitcoins they will just be an experiment and a small speculative bubble.

I have my personal reasons, I am interested Bitcoins them as a tech person, speculative investor, and person that follows evolving trends and markets. I am just struggling to see any.. benefits for the average consumer at this stage.  

Bitcoin was not designed in the way you are describing it. Bitcoin was not made for people to use it to buy groceries and everyday spending with. It is meant as an investment option, similar to gold.

Bitcoin is also fairly anonymous, especially if you use multiple addresses. Think of bitcoin as gold and compare them. They re both investments but Bitcoin has the ability to be spent online.
Yes, I agree the Bitcoin is not as you might think. True we liken the Bitcoin-like gold. But the advantages of the Bitcoin can create assets could also make transactions Online world. If the gold surely can't it.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
January 14, 2018, 01:29:41 AM
I don't think that you should use bitcoin like the ones you mentioned, though that's just my personal opinion. Bitcoin is meant to be used as an investment and not as payment to your groceries.
Pages:
Jump to: