Pages:
Author

Topic: WildRig Multi 0.35.1 beta 2 multi-algo miner for AMD & NVIDIA - page 55. (Read 91621 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 4
Hello, doing some testing with this new miner...

If I just call the program with the url/wallet/password it seems to run fine with both stock and overclocked settings.

As soon as I put anything in the lines of the --opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 20x128 or any other numbers in there, miner freezes and reboots the system?

Thoughts?
Hi, check your PSU or OC profile of GPU's. Most algo's are core intensive, so you will need more power if load GPU more(using those threads and launch params). And GPU should be more stable with OC profile. To check PSU(but that won't be 100% for sure in some cases) you can run only one GPU to mine and check if it reboots the system, use --opencl-devices 0 for that(miner will use first AMD GPU in system).

Thanks. Definitely not the psu... I'll give it more power and see if it runs.
Also what GPU's are you running? Known problem with "hanging no matter what" is for some Hawaii gpu's.

Hasn't seemed to help yet... Still messing around with it.

I have (3) 570s... Gigabyte, Sapphire and ASUS....

I typically run the GB/ASUS at 1200/850, 2000/850 and the Sapphire at 1200/850, 2100/850... I've messed around and bumped up to 1000 and still seems off once I start putting in the extra commands... I'll submit a ton of shares and then they'll all be rejected.
Activity: 719
Merit: 49

If I just call the program with the url/wallet/password it seems to run fine with both stock and overclocked settings.

As soon as I put anything in the lines of the --opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 20x128 or any other numbers in there, miner freezes and reboots the system?

Thoughts?
Hi, check your PSU or OC profile of GPU's. Most algo's are core intensive, so you will need more power if load GPU more(using those threads and launch params). And GPU should be more stable with OC profile. To check PSU(but that won't be 100% for sure in some cases) you can run only one GPU to mine and check if it reboots the system, use --opencl-devices 0 for that(miner will use first AMD GPU in system).

Also what GPU's are you running? Known problem with "hanging no matter what" is for some Hawaii gpu's.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
RX 580 reachig 4.7mh/s is possible only if you have free electricity. The thing is in this miner they made it so much core clock intensive that it's the only thing affecting hashrate. For example i was playing 15 hours yesterday in order to tune my 2 trigs all rx 580 - 8gb mixed memory. I found out intensity is best on 22 and worksize on 0, yea when ever i put 22x128 or 21x128 one of my cards would stop hashing after brief period of time. Also i would like to say that if you put them at 1366 or even better 1411 core and 2100 memory you will get promised 4.7mh/s but with a lot power consumption. I then settled with 4.3-4.5mh/s in following clocks.

My first rig uses only micron memory which i found to work best on 1366 and 2100 memory, each card using about 125-130w at wall. I get 22.3mh/s from 5x cards so average about 4.4mh/s and 715w at wall whole rig.

My second rig uses mixed samsung and hynix memory on almost every card, i found best values at 1280 core and 2150 memory, they hash me 26.2 mh/s for 6 cards.  Rig uses 850w at wall aproximate (spikes from 830 to 865).

Also i had eth bioses at all cards, i opened Polaris Bios editor and clicked one time patching and changed core clocks in bios for some cards in order to make it more stable and not mess a lot in MSI Afterburner. Then when i updated bioses via one click timing patch button, saved them and used ati win flash to flash newly bioses to gpu. Now all is stable and got it to work but had a lot of pain until i figured it out. Got random hangouts of gpus and wrong values made my  rigs very unstable. So 4.7 is on paper if you have very cheap electricity and your psu can take it.

What new miner is on for lyra2z and cnv8? Can someone tell me?
I found that bios mod is only good for eth and cn everything else I mine I run stock bios at least for rvn, phi2 and lyra2z ya it's a pain to have to flash but you'll run better rates a less watts I don't even overclock I run stock clocks also
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
2x vega 64 LC , total  nearly 14300-15000 kh/s with  --algo x22i --opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 19x128

will try other options too.

this is with power table and overdriven tool  P7 1374/890   P3 1070/870 settings,  power taget -25%, win 10 , amd 18.5.1 driver
Activity: 30
RX 580 reachig 4.7mh/s is possible only if you have free electricity. The thing is in this miner they made it so much core clock intensive that it's the only thing affecting hashrate. For example i was playing 15 hours yesterday in order to tune my 2 trigs all rx 580 - 8gb mixed memory. I found out intensity is best on 22 and worksize on 0, yea when ever i put 22x128 or 21x128 one of my cards would stop hashing after brief period of time. Also i would like to say that if you put them at 1366 or even better 1411 core and 2100 memory you will get promised 4.7mh/s but with a lot power consumption. I then settled with 4.3-4.5mh/s in following clocks.

My first rig uses only micron memory which i found to work best on 1366 and 2100 memory, each card using about 125-130w at wall. I get 22.3mh/s from 5x cards so average about 4.4mh/s and 715w at wall whole rig.

My second rig uses mixed samsung and hynix memory on almost every card, i found best values at 1280 core and 2150 memory, they hash me 26.2 mh/s for 6 cards.  Rig uses 850w at wall aproximate (spikes from 830 to 865).

Also i had eth bioses at all cards, i opened Polaris Bios editor and clicked one time patching and changed core clocks in bios for some cards in order to make it more stable and not mess a lot in MSI Afterburner. Then when i updated bioses via one click timing patch button, saved them and used ati win flash to flash newly bioses to gpu. Now all is stable and got it to work but had a lot of pain until i figured it out. Got random hangouts of gpus and wrong values made my  rigs very unstable. So 4.7 is on paper if you have very cheap electricity and your psu can take it.

What new miner is on for lyra2z and cnv8? Can someone tell me?
I have a rig with mixed 560 and 570's can I put different settings in for --opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 21x128 or do I have to choose one setting for all the cards
You need to use different parameters. Take a look in what order your cards initializing, and then mix parameters like this(if RX560 is first GPU and RX570 is second one):
Code:
--opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 20x0,21x128
K thats what I was wondering I kinda of thought I could but wasn't sure Thank You
Then because of power consumption we could say that I got maximum out of my cards? how much is your power consumption per card for 4.7mh/s hashrate?
Yep, looks like Smiley What about power draw - this is a question for future testing. A lot of time needed to make benchmarks first, find an optimal parameters per each algo, then check power draw... and while I have not so much free time, it's complicated topic %)
Activity: 165
I can't get 4.7mh/s for RX580, I have Sapphire RX 580 4GB (samsung memory) clock settings are:
gpu:1150/850  
memory:2050/875
Power draw is: 115W per card.

With all this I get 3.9 mh/s maximum. Any tips how to get that 4.7 MH/s ?
If you read my benchmarks, you can see at what clocks my cards are running. Stock clocks are 1366/1750, and x22i algo is core intensive, so. But higher clocks - higher voltage is needed for stability.

Then because of power consumption we could say that I got maximum out of my cards? how much is your power consumption per card for 4.7mh/s hashrate?
there is a problem with my MSI RX 580 Gaming GB Hynix card, it starts well and in less than three minutes it stops working
Already change risers, change the biosmod for the original, try three different bios to the tapeworm and that did not solve, try other miner and work without any problem

Hi, can you try lower intensity? Like 18x128? Also what if run only one GPU, using "--opencl-devices 0" parameter, so we can exclude problem with PSU.
I can't get 4.7mh/s for RX580, I have Sapphire RX 580 4GB (samsung memory) clock settings are:

If you read my benchmarks, you can see at what clocks my cards are running. Stock clocks are 1366/1750, and x22i algo is core intensive, so. But higher clocks - higher voltage is needed for stability.
I have a rig with mixed 560 and 570's can I put different settings in for --opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 21x128 or do I have to choose one setting for all the cards
You need to use different parameters. Take a look in what order your cards initializing, and then mix parameters like this(if RX560 is first GPU and RX570 is second one):
Code:
--opencl-threads 2 --opencl-launch 20x0,21x128
Activity: 165

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
0.12.7 beta
- fixed low hashrate on Vega cards
- more improvements to x22i
- now higher intensity can be set

NOTE: don't forget to check updated OPTIMAL SETTINGS section with new optimal parameters for this version
anilkilic, hizzy2023 try this new build, it should consume less memory.

good job... vega64 at 19x128 getting 8k hash for x22i..stock voltage and core, mem clock set 1k, win10 pro x64, 18.10.2 drivers, hbcc off..
I wouldn't call that a good job just yet.
Admittedly it's probably the best miner for x16/x22i available for AMD thus far but... Think about it, your Vegas are hashing slower than regular 1080's for what... 50% more power?

true statement if i only hashed x16/x22i... however, my vegas are 95% of the time on cnv8, whereas the 1080 can't even touch the vegas.

full disclosure... i have an equal number of 1080ti as i do vegas.

but i view any improvement in a miner of an algorithm, regardless on whether i mine that algo or not, as a good thing.  
Activity: 703
Merit: 272
0.12.7 beta

NOTE: don't forget to check updated OPTIMAL SETTINGS section with new optimal parameters for this version

good job... vega64 at 19x128 getting 8k hash for x22i..stock voltage and core, mem clock set 1k, win10 pro x64, 18.10.2 drivers, hbcc off..
Admittedly it's probably the best miner for x16/x22i available for AMD thus far but... Think about it, your Vegas are hashing slower than regular 1080's for what... 50% more power?

I've got a 5x1080 rig that hashes at a combined total of 43 Mh/s @ 700W.

No offense meant to andrucrypt & co, I'm not a coder myself. But as long as AMD devs keep using stone age, unoptimised kernels from Wolf0 we're not going to see anything decent.

Oh wait, actually there are decent devs on these boards and they have just smashed it by releasing totally new code for CNv8 and Lyra2z that beats anything that was released so far. Look'em up.

i need to agree i got 6 x 1070 founders edition running on 620 watt with total of 39 mh/s on x22i

amd results are still very poor.

not really a fair assessment since people have been making multi-algo miners for nvidia for the last couple of years now, where as for amd only recently has there been mult-algo miner for amd.  before a couple of months ago, you basically only had a single miner for a single algo-rythm.  amd is now being shown some love.   give them credit.  they are doing an outstanding job, considering what was available for amd before.    you can't compare nvidia hashing to amd hashing and vice versa.  apples and oranges.

from an AMD standpoint, they are doing an excellent job.  but if you want to be picky, all gpu are crap cause asic can do it better and more efficiently.  Tongue

although there has been gatelessgate and then gatelessgatesharp by zawawa, but he's off working on a different project now.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
there is a problem with my MSI RX 580 Gaming GB Hynix card, it starts well and in less than three minutes it stops working
Already change risers, change the biosmod for the original, try three different bios to the tapeworm and that did not solve, try other miner and work without any problem

Activity: 16
0.12.7 beta

I've got a 5x1080 rig that hashes at a combined total of 43 Mh/s @ 700W.

No offense meant to andrucrypt & co, I'm not a coder myself. But as long as AMD devs keep using stone age, unoptimised kernels from Wolf0 we're not going to see anything decent.

Oh wait, actually there are decent devs on these boards and they have just smashed it by releasing totally new code for CNv8 and Lyra2z that beats anything that was released so far. Look'em up.

i need to agree i got 6 x 1070 founders edition running on 620 watt with total of 39 mh/s on x22i

amd results are still very poor.
Pages:
Jump to: