Pages:
Author

Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits? - page 90. (Read 6362 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 520
April 26, 2018, 12:10:03 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Bitcoin is volatile in nature, I hope you will know that and then banks always expect the stable money to deposit them only. If they allow bitcoin as a payment and then BTC price drops and bump there will be big problem for the banking side.
So they may have bitcoin payment as option like alternative option like how we have savings, current and etc.

So far no banks may in some years they will be accepting the bitcoin and alts as a payment option.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
April 26, 2018, 12:06:43 PM
A lot of companies now are adopting this kind of technology and making profit since from the very start. Maybe one day banks will realize the big potential and profit that the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency offers, its just a matter of time before majority of them may join the trend so lets hope so.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
April 26, 2018, 12:04:22 PM
If we speaking kinda teoritally.. well, I guess it is possible sometimes.. maybe after all bitcoins would be mined.. and price could be more predictable.. but I'm sure banks will not offer for you very good conditions...
They will earn money for themselves first of all..
when it happens is already in the sure. big profits will belong to the bank. and we will only get a minimal profit. because nagara also will control for state income. which means it may be able to boost the price of crypto or vice versa.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
April 26, 2018, 12:01:28 PM
We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Cryptocurrencies are more like Securities or Commodities so their value fluctuates following demand and supply.
My answer is banks will not offer BTC deposits. It would be quite enough for me if stock markets offer cryptocurrency  trading.
Banks though can offer a deposit box where you can store your private key on an envelope or nano ledger s
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
April 26, 2018, 11:59:15 AM
I love depositing my fiat to the banks and they are making money with it but if its bitcoin. I don't think I would avail this service but there's a possibility that it will come and they will be targeting those bitcoin investors/holders that doesn't really understand on what bitcoin is, being your own bank. They might attract those type investors by saying that their bitcoins will be safe on their hands. We know on how the banks are doing well in making money.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
April 26, 2018, 11:54:32 AM

I would argue depositing funds in a bank is even riskier. Why have everyone's private key stored centrally? Also Freebitco.ins 4% interest rate offer is very interesting, but seems a little Ponzi-ish to me. I really don't know too much about their site.
Activity: 756
Merit: 507
April 26, 2018, 11:54:24 AM
If we speaking kinda teoritally.. well, I guess it is possible sometimes.. maybe after all bitcoins would be mined.. and price could be more predictable.. but I'm sure banks will not offer for you very good conditions...
They will earn money for themselves first of all..
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
April 26, 2018, 11:45:20 AM

Every business needs to adapt to changes and challenges like this. Im pretty sure banks are already finding ways to join the bandwagon.they will surely profit from it. It would just be a matter of time until they accept bitcoin deposit and withdrawals.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 905
April 26, 2018, 11:20:04 AM
Pages:
Jump to: