Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency? - page 66. (Read 186407 times)

Activity: 411
Merit: 335
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Nope. I don't think so because we all know that bitcoin isn't that so unpopular basically bitcoin is very popular to many people nowadays. And we all know that bitcoin users are now rapidly increasing in terms of tissues badly and I believe that jn the future bitcoin users will likely to grow more big and big and their is no other cryptocurrency that will replace it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
there is no altcoin that can be equivalent to bitcoin. even, bitcoin cash though. well, it can be said that very many altcoins are trying to replace bitcoin. but, to date, bellum has coins that have that potential.
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
It can happen only if people stop using the bitcoin and start using other crypto currency. The demand will be decrease and supply would high. Which can cause the  bitcoin could be down. But i think its impossible since everyone like it. Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currency. Even those people who are involve with other Crypto currency move to bitcoin because it gives much benefits as compare to other coins.
rfj
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Yes it could happen in the future but I don't think it will happen soon. As of today, Bitcoin is the most powerful cryptocurrency in the market. I admit, there are few alternative coins which offers better system than bitcoin, but looking at the market and supporters of bitcoin, it will be hard for any cryptocurrencies to replace the bitcoin.
Activity: 219
Merit: 0
It seems to me that Ethereum or Stratis can really replace Bitcoin in near future
That information is inside, you can thank me))
Activity: 183
Merit: 10
I think Bitcoin can't be replace by another cryptocurrency because it is the biggest digital money and has a high value that is getting higher everyday. Bitcoin is not known but some investors are want to enter here to earn more money for there company. No doubt soon bitcoin will be famous and most fantastic money.
Activity: 434
Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Bitcoin now is the most powerful cryptocurrency available. So it sounds quite impossible that another cryptocurrency will rise and replace bitcoin in the market. Bitcoin already made a legacy as its price can peak and offer a higher profit. Also, bitcoin is in demand nowadays that it is the focus of many business articles.
Activity: 560
I can't be sure Bitcoin can be replaced by another coin but in my opinion it will happen. Wink

If it happens in the future, then Bitcoin can blame itself. If Bitcoin is without any major flaws, then few users would prefer using another coin. Alts such as BCH are on the rise, because Bitcoin transactions have become too expensive now. It is like Bitcoin killing itself.

Well, it's greatness will also it's way to it's death. This transaction fees are also the thing a lot of people complain in the past and I think when time comes, not only the price will be pumping, also the users. When there are a lot of users, a lot of transactions will be starting to congest the network and may cause another problem.

Also, I do not understand bitcoin being replaced by another crpyto currency because even bitcoin is dead, it will always be bitcoin.

This is a fairness because in the presence of the advantages there will be deficiencies in Bitcoin. Wink
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
Pretty many cryptocurrencies offer a better technology that could be a threat to bitcoin ecosystem. But I believe many people have already had faith in Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the one who started the revolution of the economy. Also, Bitcoin and its community are ideologically committed to maintaining the Bitcoin.

What about Bitcoin forks? Can we consider them as a part of Bitcoin ecosystem?
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
I can't be sure Bitcoin can be replaced by another coin but in my opinion it will happen. Wink

If it happens in the future, then Bitcoin can blame itself. If Bitcoin is without any major flaws, then few users would prefer using another coin. Alts such as BCH are on the rise, because Bitcoin transactions have become too expensive now. It is like Bitcoin killing itself.

Well, it's greatness will also it's way to it's death. This transaction fees are also the thing a lot of people complain in the past and I think when time comes, not only the price will be pumping, also the users. When there are a lot of users, a lot of transactions will be starting to congest the network and may cause another problem.

Also, I do not understand bitcoin being replaced by another crpyto currency because even bitcoin is dead, it will always be bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Pretty many cryptocurrencies offer a better technology that could be a threat to bitcoin ecosystem. But I believe many people have already had faith in Bitcoin since Bitcoin is the one who started the revolution of the economy. Also, Bitcoin and its community are ideologically committed to maintaining the Bitcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
There are  and there will be so many crypto currencies introduced as bitcoin replacements but in the real world it doesn't happen any time sooner. Bitcoin's only draw back is its fee. Rest is fine.
Activity: 379
In my opinion, Bitcoin Cash can replace Bitcoin in the future. However, It just takes place if Bitcoin cannot be improved the weaknesses
Activity: 114
Up until this year. I would have said 99% certain Bitcoin will be replaced by another crypto but now I am not so sure. Bitcoin main use is a store of value such as gold, and a hedge against some global markets. As such there is very little chance of it getting replaced as a store of wealth /value. Sure other cryptos may be more useful and may start doing a lot more trades but why use them as a store of wealth instead of Bitcoin?

Also I don't think any other fork of Bitcoin has any chance of surpassing Bitcoin as a store of wealth now or in the future. I also think these forks do untold damage to Bitcoin and are the main driver of investors looking to store wealth (not just speculate)  to alts.
Activity: 266
Merit: 11
It is possible but it won't be easy. Bitcoin has already established itself, so replacing it will be  like you reached a star. But, not impossible.
Activity: 588
Merit: 257
It is agreed that bitcoin price is rising day by day breaking its own heights, at the same time number of countries banning bitcoin currency is also rising. Indonesia is the best example of it, Indonesia decided to completely ban bitcoin from1st November when bitcoin was at its lifetime high. Indonesia`s Central bank said that these crypotocurrencies making their fiat currency unstable. In such situation other cryptocurrencies may come forward with some regulations to compete bitcoin. Investors mood may get shifted to such legalised currencies.
Activity: 266
Merit: 13
Bitcoin can be replaced by another crypto currency if bitcoin's popluarity became low or if another crypto currency gains so much investors and popularity than bitcoin.
Activity: 354
Merit: 11
I think bitcoin is not replace by other crypto currency because this is the first bitcoin and it is more usefull than other cryto currency.
Athough there are lot of coin that we encounter here but at the end of every coin that we earn we convert it to bitcoin because we all know that bitcoin is more capable of earning profit in terms of investing.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Dear Friends,
Bitcoin cant be replaced by another cryptocurrency thats for sure but there can be some substitute or alternate options availble in the market which may have some additional features or you can say little advance features then bitcoin.
Staking is a best example of that.
You may have a look on the specifications of luxmicoin @ luxmicoin.co which have dynamic pos system for sure thats totally different from all the rest cryptocurrencies available for trade at this point of time.
Pages:
Jump to: