Pages:
Author

Topic: WIll ETH pass BTC in 2019 ? - page 34. (Read 60664 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 29, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
WIll ETH pass BTC in 2019 ?

I don't think that ethereum or an another altcoin can surpass bitcoin. The market prices completely following the price of bitcoin and I think it is not possible to see the price movements independent from the price of bitcoin in the next years.
Activity: 307
Merit: 10
June 29, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

No, I doubt it honestly. Too much on the market depends on how bitcoins behave. Altcoins, headed by eth, follow the path set by the btc. It is not possible that the price of btc falls and at the same time the eth price increases. So this situation is not possible at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
June 29, 2018, 12:36:14 PM
I don't think Ethereum has that much potential to pass Bitcoin since Bitcoin has good market cap and familiar coin to everyone not only in crypto market but outside crypto market as well. There is very hard chance for any coin to pass Bitcoin because Bitcoin rules the crypto world and the trend of it is affecting all the coins so if it rises only the other alts can rise to their limit but cannot pass Bitcoin at any point of time.
Bitcoin already been mainstream and become the main coin inside crypto, if ETH wants to surpassed btc then it's needed to have more exposure and more mainstream ads, the success that bitcoin already gained inside and outside the market already established him to be the number one crpyo, with the time frame that OP's said, it will take a lots of time to win against the original one.

I dont think that even if time is given ETH cannot surpass Bitcoin until Bitcoin network dont get problem or hacked. Because the main reason of Bitcoin being mainstream coin is that it is not controlled by anyone and no one is holding a big junk of coin, so that the market cannot be crashed on it. Almost so many miners are running on btc to work properly. But ETH is controlled by developer and holding a big junk of coins which always will be danger if he sold everything and run away. So many time ETH developer has told that he is always ready to put his profit in real world not in crypto world.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
June 29, 2018, 12:31:56 PM
I don't think Ethereum has that much potential to pass Bitcoin since Bitcoin has good market cap and familiar coin to everyone not only in crypto market but outside crypto market as well. There is very hard chance for any coin to pass Bitcoin because Bitcoin rules the crypto world and the trend of it is affecting all the coins so if it rises only the other alts can rise to their limit but cannot pass Bitcoin at any point of time.
Bitcoin already been mainstream and become the main coin inside crypto, if ETH wants to surpassed btc then it's needed to have more exposure and more mainstream ads, the success that bitcoin already gained inside and outside the market already established him to be the number one crpyo, with the time frame that OP's said, it will take a lots of time to win against the original one.
Activity: 140
Merit: 20
June 29, 2018, 12:25:42 PM
ETH will never pass Bitcoin as it is dealt with as a money while ETH is dealt with like a paper

In beginning of the world, a bit of paper in which an agreement was composed was costly for normal people. Presently? A paper is excessively modest as should be obvious and get it all over the place, much the same as what will occur on ETH
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
June 29, 2018, 12:20:15 PM
No. True that Ethereum has a lot of potential and has gained wide acceptance in a short period of time but I dont think that the coin will surpass Bitcoin's level and that too by 2019.
Bitcoin being the pioneer has a first mover advantage and also is considered as a brand name for all the cryptos. The coin now has a market capital of $110 billion and with its advanced blockchain, has opened new horizons in the financial market. Hence, the coin will remain on the top for sometime.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
June 29, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
No, ETH will never pass Bitcoin as it is treated as a currency while ETH is treated like a paper (smart contract).

In early days of the world, a piece of paper in which a contract was written was expensive for common folks. Now? A paper is too cheap as you can see and buy it everywhere, just like what will happen on ETH. On the other hand, tokens that exist above it might be.
If ethereum cannot surpass bitcoin and I think that is very clear, how do you expect some token built above that platform to surpass bitcoin? That does not mean tokens like that cannot gain value and be useful but it is impossible they are going to surpass bitcoin, also I really do not understand why people want other coins to surpass bitcoin, if this is because of economic gain they do not understand that if bitcoin was not the number one coin, the market will go down dramatically since confidence will be lost in the market.
Activity: 134
Merit: 1
June 29, 2018, 04:45:29 AM
Ethereum is not likely to overtake Bitcoin in capitalization and price as it has less support from people. But this does not mean that Ethereum will not grow.
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
June 29, 2018, 03:53:32 AM
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
June 29, 2018, 03:34:29 AM
In the year 2019 an so on, the ethereum cannot defeat  bitcoin in term of value, bitcoin remain the first and most expensive of all coins on the market, for me not already done the coins to defeat the bitcoin.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 29, 2018, 02:40:33 AM
Naa..i seripusly doubt that it will ever surpass bitcoin.but hey what do i know..
Activity: 490
Merit: 15
June 29, 2018, 12:31:59 AM

It's not hard job, but I think BTC have more fan, and BTC is more popular then eth, I think  ETH can be TOP 1 coin, but only 5_6 day, because ETH is great for exchange in tokens
Activity: 126
June 28, 2018, 11:28:19 PM
Bitcoin will likely be #1 in terms of price, but not in terms of % growth when you consider altcoins. I still hold BTC it's a good investment and has upward momentum, but it's good to diversify crypto holdings. BTC has turned into more of a market index, a very crude comparison would be the S&P or DOW for stocks, and is more useful as an overall indicator of the crypto market direction. A lot of altcoins and the big 4 have their prices generally tracking movements in BTC price.
Activity: 155
June 28, 2018, 10:50:19 PM
I think it's not easy for ethereum to surpass btc in next 2-3 years but ethereum also has big potential to rise because daily lots of new coin launching using Ecr20 support wallet. Btc is the king of the market and very strong at the moment as compare to the ethereum. Rest all depends on ethereum dev how they approach for future development of ethereum.
Activity: 462
Merit: 115
June 28, 2018, 10:12:17 PM
At this point it doesn't look like it.  Bitcoin may just be the best bet for the long-run.
Activity: 966
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 10:12:14 PM
Ethereum had the ability to be the number one crypto in the market. But i think 2019 in not yet the year of ethereum. It will take a little bit more time before it will pass bitcoin.
hai bro, i think you should change your signature from jinbi token with a new one, dont you have PM from sylon?he said its important or you will not paid.
Activity: 76
June 28, 2018, 10:09:56 PM
this is my opinion bro,
do you think crypto will hve high price only because tech of it ?
no, the another critical factor is people behind it, it could be investor or privat group, who make it worth,
i know an alt wich have good tech out there but price is screwed, you know why  Huh Grin
cause team behind it cant present it well
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
June 28, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
It is not likely to happen in 2019 or any other year since Bitcoin is going to remain the top leader coin of cryptos. Ethereum is already the second ranked coin so that is excellent already.
Activity: 39
June 28, 2018, 08:59:47 PM
Bitcoin will always be the number one and the king of all coins,it will remain in its original position there is no other coins that can replace.

It depends on the lighting network performance. Otherwise, ETH or BCH will be the No. 1.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
June 28, 2018, 07:44:54 PM
I don't think such event will happen in crypto knowing that the entire crypto market are still depending on bitcoin price. Ethereum price is totally far from btc and don't see any indications that ethereum will go that fast reaching bitcoin. Bitcoin still on the top and no other altcoins could take that crown.
Pages:
Jump to: