Pages:
Author

Topic: Will Ethereum fail if Vitalik dies? - page 2. (Read 4061 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
December 06, 2018, 11:05:15 AM
What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes
I've seen how rumors can affect the price of a coin. Last time it had a negative impact on the coin. And if it happened once, then the next time if there are such rumors, the coin can also slide in price.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
December 06, 2018, 03:24:52 AM
No, Ethereum will not die because on every legit group there is always an organizational staff with assigned duties and resposibilties in which the chain of command is always active therefore in case if there will be something will happen to the head or to the leader there will be always a substitute. If Vitalik dies then the next in line will be responsible of making the Ethereum future that who knows that the replacement will be better than the creator.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
December 06, 2018, 03:21:57 AM
I heard that there was a fake news about Buterin’s death last year. then ETH has fallen in price as far as I know ...
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
December 06, 2018, 03:13:50 AM
As far as I know, Vitalik is a very young man, so it’s not relevant to talk about his death. As about the death of his project.
Everyone can die at any moment but this shouldn't really be a topic.
If Vitalik is just around the forum and is interested of discussing and wasting his time here.
I'm sure that he'd laugh with this topic.
Activity: 448
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
December 06, 2018, 02:41:55 AM
It seems to me now that the founders of the ether do not quite control their coin and cannot even predict what will happen to it and whether investors should continue to trust it. Very incomprehensible behavior, which can lead to a further fall.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
December 05, 2018, 11:27:31 PM
True, even though Vitalex died at least his creation remained alive. Eth will indeed live and continue to move, this has a good impact on his strong community. See the market and ignore the decline, moving up and down does not necessarily make panic and also the happiness of the people in the crypto market.
Activity: 327
December 05, 2018, 07:00:39 PM
As far as I know, Vitalik is a very young man, so it’s not relevant to talk about his death. As about the death of his project.

young or old can be dies anytime my friend,,
but, i believe if vitalik dies ethereum will stay in this world
not because eth still young but because ethereum have a lot of dev team not only vitalik Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
December 05, 2018, 06:50:51 PM
I think that Ethereum is one of those projects that do not really depend on everything in order with their leader, it would be foolish to hope that some problems with Vitalik Buterin could somehow very strongly affect the capitalization of such a giant project. Especially since, as I heard, he himself confirmed this fact on his twitter.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 05, 2018, 05:25:10 PM
Apple is still here, even without Steve. I am sure that Vitalik has a plan B for such occasion and I am sure that he is not going to die in the nearest future.

As a genius and intelligent person Vitalik is, I think that he already has a Plan B in case he dies. In fact, that plan has already been in motion, since many developers and community members have been working independently towards making Ethereum a better smart contract platform for the masses. If Vitalik went missing in the future, anyone could easily replace him as an advisor, while the rest of the team continues working on the future development of ETH.

The decentralized and open source nature of Ethereum, would keep it going for many years to come. If there are people supporting its blockchain, you could expect for ETH to last practically forever. What's needed is only 1 node and miner to help keep the blockchain alive. Considering the wide variety of nodes and miners available on the ETH blockchain, it'll be quite difficult for Ethereum to die anytime soon.

Therefore, if Vitalik dies, it would be doing a favor for Ethereum, since it would make the project look much more decentralized than what it is right now. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
December 01, 2018, 11:08:31 AM
What do you think will happen with Ethereum if Vitalik Buterin's death is confirmed? Will the price crash and the project fail? Or would it continue to grow into infinity and beyond? I'm concerned about this, since previously, there were rumors about Vitalik's death which caused the price of Ethereum to fall drastically within the cryptocurrency market. Fortunately, Vitalik showed proof that he was alive, which calmed the downfall of Ethereum's price.

However, if Vitalik dies, many things could happen either good or bad. Perhaps, Ethereum may fall if Vitalik dies, because he's been leading the project every step of the way. By not having a leader, the Ethereum project will disorientate itself into oblivion, IMO. Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Roll Eyes

Ethereum might not die if the team that is managing ethereum is competent enough to do what is needed for ethereum at that moment. If Vitalik really die we will see the price might have a big plunge but if team is competent ethereum price will go back to its original value and even soar higher.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
December 01, 2018, 10:56:58 AM
I wish good health to Vitalik and hope he will feel very good for long time. its incorrectly talk about death of  person. I wisk good luck to Vitalic and his project too!
Yes, you are right in this, here the author of this topic certainly didn’t correctly identify the topic of this branch, but I think everyone understands what this is about, they are talking about the ETH project, of course we all want Vitalik to have everything good.
Activity: 182
December 01, 2018, 09:36:08 AM
Apple is still here, even without Steve. I am sure that Vitalik has a plan B for such occasion and I am sure that he is not going to die in the nearest future.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
November 30, 2018, 07:18:40 PM
it's all nonsense. Why think that the vitaly will die? let's build on the facts that are happening now and draw conclusions
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
November 30, 2018, 07:14:29 PM

Yeah if one project lose its leader it will become not organize the price will go down and i think eth will like become DOGE with only community active but no progress, but hope that vitalik give a long lasting life so he will lead eth for long time, be positive.
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
November 30, 2018, 07:07:53 PM
The ETH team is not only Vitalik and ETH is a well-known + famous altcoin and almost all new tokens use ETH platforms
ETH is a powerful coin when Vitalik Dead ETH maybe suffering and dying but won't die easily
until now we don't even know who Satoshi Nakamoto is but Bitcoin still exists today  Grin
Activity: 1134
Merit: 501
November 30, 2018, 06:37:48 PM
I wish good health to Vitalik and hope he will feel very good for long time. its incorrectly talk about death of  person. I wisk good luck to Vitalic and his project too!
copper member
Activity: 199
Merit: 0
Cyprus Coin Team
November 30, 2018, 05:30:51 PM
Satoshi Nakamoto Forever.
Activity: 364
November 30, 2018, 05:30:16 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
November 30, 2018, 05:29:21 PM
If something like the death of a crypto icon and the Godfather of ethereum happens, I think the whole market will feel its impact, not least because of it's effect on ERC 20 tokens which dominates over 70% of the total cryptos on the coinmarketcap.

In actuality I don't think it will have any effect on the performance of ethereum itself technically but a lot of FOMO will surely be going around.

However, this fomo will die Eventually the market will recover and life will go on.

The effect will be temporary.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 30, 2018, 05:00:10 PM
I think the course of the ethereum does not change because he is not a public person and it can be noted that the fundamental news doesn’t particularly affect the market due to the fact that the market is manipulated because it is only gaining popularity.

Yes. Ethereum is gaining popularity each day, although usage on the network has decreased (compared to last year's figures). I believe that the next step for Ethereum to gain traction, is to adopt Casper PoS and Sharding for greater scalability. If at some point in the future Vitalik dies, then the project should continue its own course. The vast number of developers working on it, and users supporting it, is enough for Ethereum to survive for many years.

However, as I've said before, people will react negatively towards Ethereum once Vitalik is dead. Prices will struggle to rise within a short time period. Just as FUD is happening with Bitcoin nowadays, the same will happen with Ethereum without Vitalik. Only after that, Ethereum will slowly recover in terms of price and adoption, due to its openness and decentralized nature.

That's the beauty of Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies, which will allow them to survive for future generations. Otherwise, if they were 100% centralized, they'd face certain struggles that will become impossible for them to rise from the ground. Therefore, I believe that Ethereum will become better after Vitalik is out of the picture. Just my opinion Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: