Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 35. (Read 11538 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 10:50:37 AM

I think we are only at the beginning of ICO's market potential. However, we must pay attention to avoid scams.

There are many interesting projects to check out and others not, so it's important to choose wisely.

Looking at the project as a whole and looking at the team behind it, is very important to make a correct decision.

If I can give you guys my opinion, I discovered an exciting ICO that is very interesting: RAWG.

Check out this great article by Sergey Ulankin, RAWG's Editor-in-Chief, where he explains what has been done so far and what will be the future updates:

https://medium.com/rawg/wp-bits-5-vision-and-current-state-69127bfbeb2a

The ICO will start in a short period and they are at the moment in pre-ICO phase. This is the ICO site: https://token.rawg.io/. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services (the site is already working, with more than 57,000 games in the database) and, which is very interesting, they have already reached the soft cap.

Have a look and get some information while doing your own research!

Another interesting point: RAWG has already secured $5m USD, halfway to hard cap of $10m!
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
July 17, 2018, 10:45:07 AM
I think ico will not end, but what may happen is ico program will start to decrease, because very few now ico program who successfully reached softcap, this is not separated due to market conditions crypto bad so ico program was less in the investor's eye
Activity: 38
July 17, 2018, 09:00:01 AM
I think we receive clarity on what the SEC,FinCEN,IRS and the CFTC look at crypto as and a framework will be given to help. I don't think it will be the end of the ico I just think it will be the end of blatantly fake utility tokens. One of the nuances of the law that is being muted is that you can be classed as a utility as long as you have a network/community before the ico. Which will weed out a good deal of the dodgy campaigns.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 08:50:42 AM
Despite the fact that there are so many icos happening, i don't see the end of it especially now that bitcoin or digital currency is getting more and more popular each day which attracts more and more investors.

My position is the same. We need these projects. I believe that ICOs will never die - the investors are interested in them. People can make good money on these startups. I am going to invest in some ICO this year.
Activity: 77
July 17, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
It is just the beginning of this year and assuming something so horrible jut because it started that way is not healthy for our minds. There are even more bigger dumps way back and coins were able to recover. Let us just all wait for their recovery and let us be patient. Coins will not die because there are still several people supporting them.
Activity: 146
Merit: 1
July 17, 2018, 06:34:37 AM
There have been too many ico scams this year, and many projects have not reached their soft hats.

But I don't think the icon will die in 2018, but only better projects can survive.
Activity: 26
July 17, 2018, 04:50:40 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

What is more, you can get tokens for testing KickCity beta. You can get reward for testing this platform https://kickcity.io/event/5a9d11030cf2cac8e081f3e8

I am intending to invest in the ICO in 2018. But as you read this article I will review that intention.
Activity: 25
July 17, 2018, 04:47:14 AM
I doubt it, they seem to of slowed down a lot though.
Activity: 22
July 17, 2018, 04:46:27 AM
I don't think they will as more and more people are looking into cryptocurrencies. I think we will see a shift / change to increase investor's confidence. Lips sealed Lips sealed
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
July 16, 2018, 12:04:46 PM
Now the peak of the ICO so that it's too early to talk about death. And I think that the ICO in due course evolutionary into something else but they will not disappear
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
July 16, 2018, 12:02:47 PM
as the statistics of the number of different projects on the market in 2017 increased more than 2 times. if we talk about the quality of these projects, it has decreased. now it is very difficult to find a project that can really bring good profit
indeed compared to last year the number of ICO this year seems more and more, but most ICO is not as good as last year. their ICO earnings, their token prices in the market and others are different from last year. ICO's best year is 2017
Activity: 658
July 16, 2018, 11:53:49 AM
as the statistics of the number of different projects on the market in 2017 increased more than 2 times. if we talk about the quality of these projects, it has decreased. now it is very difficult to find a project that can really bring good profit
Activity: 247
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
July 16, 2018, 08:36:23 AM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

What is more, you can get tokens for testing KickCity beta. You can get reward for testing this platform https://kickcity.io/event/5a9d11030cf2cac8e081f3e8

As long as there are bunch of people who invest in ICOs it won't stop or die just yet. Maybe if all companies adapt into blockchain and people can no longer think of anything to develop and/or improve in existing projects then maybe, just maybe, it will put an end to the ICO craze which I doubt. As for your point of view regarding existing companies with existing products and not just a plan (illusion) I totally agree with you. It is less risky than blindly invest in projects we know nothing of but just what they state in their whitepapers and websites.
Activity: 38
July 16, 2018, 08:31:21 AM
I do not think it will die, but due to various scams, unsuccessful or failed ICOs this time, I think it will really have a great impact on future ICOs, but I am sure, it will remain always there.  It will be very hard now these days to find good project ICOs, which we can for campaign or invest these days.
Activity: 180
July 16, 2018, 07:57:50 AM
I think it will not die because ICO will continue if there are many investors on it. If they really work hard for that project, the result will be very good because they can get money from it.
Activity: 486
July 16, 2018, 07:50:11 AM
I don't think ICO will end in year 2018, because there is actually some nice potential projects that are worth investing, but I do agree that there are quite a huge number of ICO that are just scam, after getting all the funds for selling the tokens, the admin just simply disappear without distributing investors the tokens.  Smiley Wink
Activity: 35
July 16, 2018, 07:49:10 AM
There's alot of investment happening on FOMO or following well known people who are paid to shill. Its difficult if you don't understand technology, business models or a market vertical to assess the long term value of a proposition. There are so many ICOs happening where the market and tech haven't been tested. There are also amazing ICOs.
Activity: 252
July 16, 2018, 07:48:18 AM
They are going to be lessened in numbers but don't think they will be over. Only successful ones will survive.
Activity: 134
July 16, 2018, 07:47:31 AM
I do not think ICO will die, most likely the authorities of the countries will be more attentive to such a process as ICO, but in general I think we will also be able to invest in ICO at our own risk.  ICO is good for both the investor as well as for the founder, if investors go for the big risk it will work out. There is up and down in ICO but it will not completely stopped.  ICO is about ideas and innovations so I think there is no chance idea will die.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 20
July 16, 2018, 07:45:52 AM
I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.
Pages:
Jump to: