Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 4. (Read 11512 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
September 01, 2018, 10:28:22 AM
I think it is the peak of ICO in 2018. After that it will go upper. ICO it the good chance to rise some money for many people.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 624
September 01, 2018, 10:28:15 AM
ICO projects have become so popular in the past year that we can easily see a big ICO madness reflected in this year. There is a fact that this madness has lost its popularity as a result of unfavorable uses, and as a result of this effect, a serious investor has been lost. Especially in the first quarter of this year we saw a serious investment frenzy and unfortunately this investment flow could not continue. Speaking of this year, an average of 110-120 days left in the process, and ICO frenzy is likely to continue in the process. It is too early to say that this industry has died or will die in the near future, but there is a fact that the investments made for this sector are getting smaller and more likely to be blocked at some point. If you think that there is a possibility of a new recession in the market when the ICO frenzy is over, this industry's death will not be good for anyone.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
September 01, 2018, 10:27:26 AM
No, i doubt ICO's will ever die but i think over time they will have to change.  As it is now, there have been and continue to be many ICO's which prove to be scam projects, essentially taking peoples investments to build up a reserve for the team, selling pipe dreams.   But also, ICO's are a great way to generate funds and investment for genuine projects, it would be a shame were ICO's not be available to them.   Ultimately, ICO's will have to be regulated going forward.   I would hope that regulation would come in form of a kind of crypo standard regulation by crypto people.
Activity: 462
Merit: 42
September 01, 2018, 10:26:57 AM
I do not think that you will die. in other years I think this market will return. wait patiently. I agree with that this year is really bad, but we will be patient.
Activity: 462
Merit: 14
September 01, 2018, 10:24:44 AM
No, ICOs will not die this year. In fact, the number of ICOs this year are increasing. Yes, there are ICOs who are scammers. We cannot avoid scammers in this world. But, there are still good ICOs out there that have a good project to be implemented or had already been implemented which makes them to have a good future.
Well maybe the number of ICO projects lately will slowly kill the way it will be. As we all know that people will begin to make their own ICO project so who will invest now if all is interested only on collecting money for their project to realize? We can feel it already that there are few ICO projects that relatively fail because there were too many ICO project to choose from and the number of investors or contributors are slowly outnumbered by the number of ICO project being created.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
September 01, 2018, 10:21:02 AM
I hope the ICO craze will end soon.

I don't think cryptos should be mixed with startups/kickstarters. Cryptos should be trustless, transparent and decentralized, ICOs are none of those things so using a blockchain platform doesn't really offer any benefits to them, in fact just giving a bad name to cryptos.

But a lot of crypto-newbies gamble with them thinking they know what they're doing and that crypto is all about pumping and dumping random "projects". These people ignore, or not even aware what crypto stands for and just giving a bad name to it. And they will eventually get burned and hate cryptos altogether. Profits aren't made from nothing, it comes from other people's losses.
Why do you think crypto shouldn't be mixed with start ups ? What i like more about crypto besides decentralization and transparency is possibility to invest in new hidden gems, potential big projects on an early stage and crypto makes it easier. But in general majority of ICOs use crypto as a method to collect money tricking with blockchain application in their projects.
Activity: 55
September 01, 2018, 10:14:21 AM
Based on record in 2017, 902 ICO were held. 142 of them passed the stage of funding, and an additional 276 have not implemented the idea, although got the money. Some of the latter turned out to be a rock and fled with attracted investments. As a result, we get 46 percent of unsuccessful projects. The probability of failure of the ICO is too high, so you need to analyze projects in detail before investing. Hopefully, 2018 will be more successful for investors.
Activity: 196
September 01, 2018, 10:11:32 AM
There is no chance idea will die, they always born which it means ICO will never die too. Grin And about scam ICO, all we have to do is make a good analytic to prevent scam.
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
September 01, 2018, 10:07:16 AM
I think that ICO will not go anywhere and will always be in the crypto industry, because it is a convenient way of investing. But problems with the scam will lead to the fact that decentralization will not be as it was supposed to be!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 520
September 01, 2018, 10:02:53 AM
Icos are one of my favorite investings, even in this very bearish market in 2018, still we can see some multiple ones, I think they are in the beginning and they are inventing new ways like tokenmetric, so that they can control the number of tokens in crowdsales, and it's a brilliant way!
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp
September 01, 2018, 09:52:06 AM
Despite the fact that a lot of fraudulent ICO is revealed, people will still invest in projects in the hope of success!
Activity: 51
September 01, 2018, 09:50:31 AM
Glory be to God Almighty because i am commenting on this thread in the year 2018 and i can tell you that ICOs are still coming on board on a daily basis and as such i dont believe that ICOs will die in 2018. Since the beginning of this year, we have witnessed lots of ICOs that has came on board. What i can say is that it will continue to get better by the day. Though we might have some ICOs that are not serious and doesnt have solid project but also we have to have it at the back of our mind that we also have good and great projects coming out on a daily basis.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
September 01, 2018, 01:40:59 AM
We need to revise the rules of the ICO and introduce the responsibility of project organizers to investors. Only after reducing the risks for investors, the ICO sphere will continue to develop again.
Activity: 54
August 31, 2018, 02:40:11 PM
Ico will not die as long as bitcoin and cryptocurrency persist and grow. Because ico is the part of cryptocurrency. And i think with the development of technology and the times it will make more and more emerging ico.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
August 31, 2018, 02:34:14 PM
Always when there is a serious situation, immediately there are pissimistic moods and there are those who pour even more oil into the fire. Immediately, those who were originally anti-Crypto-currency, start gloating and saying how right they were

I'm sure that the crypto currency will be with us for a long time. And ICO as a way of investing will also exist for a very long time. I think in the future the number of scammers will decrease and, accordingly, this will give an even greater positive impetus for the development of this direction
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
August 31, 2018, 02:33:03 PM
Always when there is a serious situation, immediately there are pissimistic moods and there are those who pour even more oil into the fire. Immediately, those who were originally anti-Crypto-currency, start gloating and saying how right they were
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
August 31, 2018, 02:23:41 PM
Yes probably but not all. ICO are great for people who wants to establish their startup businesses. ICO will still create new innovation and sell it both on private and public coin offering.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2018, 01:41:53 PM
In 2018, investing in ico is not dead, but getting a profit is very difficult. It is necessary to wait for the market to grow
in fact good and bad times always comes in trading but it do not mean to lose heart, i think that we should make our strategy. i think that Ico investment in 2018 has increased too much. i think that we should wait for some time tell the market recover and should sell when the price increase too much.
Activity: 308
August 31, 2018, 01:36:55 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

What is more, you can get tokens for testing KickCity beta. You can get reward for testing this platform https://kickcity.io/event/5a9d11030cf2cac8e081f3e8

I agree. Some ICO's are being used for fraudulent activities for gaining trusts and stealing other people's investments.
This is probably one of many reasons why ICO investments dropped this year. There is obviously an increased of displeasure and distrusts among other huge investors and in result affected the crypto industry.
Activity: 86
August 31, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
For me,I dont think ICO will die.Now a days there are more and more ICO has successful project.It helps crypto currency rise.I would suggest to participate in ICO so we can support it's project.
Pages:
Jump to: