Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 44. (Read 11538 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 10:35:28 PM
Well crypto is a growing community and as you can see everyday new projects are released, new ICO's and since more newbies are joining into crypto community they are likely to fall for this.
I really hope that ICO's will die but the way it goes if we don't take some measures to stop this I don't think they will.

The problem with ICOs is that they are early stage startups, providing much less information than what a startup going through an angel round would provide, being invested in by retail investors that haven’t the slightest idea how to assess the risks of early stage startups in the first place. What a mess.
Activity: 47
June 21, 2018, 10:31:51 PM
It depends on how they do it- if the ICO is a full sale with just a white paper and some vague promises- I think they're already dead, except for the gullible. If on the other hand, it's split into multiple rounds, linked to delivery with clear proof of progress, then it's here to stay- it's already killing the traditional Venture Capital model, and that's actually not a terrible thing.

It’s a good thing that there aren’t gullible people in crypto then. 😂
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 10:28:32 PM
Well crypto is a growing community and as you can see everyday new projects are released, new ICO's and since more newbies are joining into crypto community they are likely to fall for this.
I really hope that ICO's will die but the way it goes if we don't take some measures to stop this I don't think they will.
Activity: 154
June 21, 2018, 09:42:43 PM
Certainly not, ICO cannot die because ICOs have been found to be the best way for raising funds for new projects as well as existing companies.Even institutional companies have started to enter the ICO market for raising funds.We should not come in to the conclusion that ICOs would die on just seeing some scam ICO projects.There are some promising ICOs too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 8
June 21, 2018, 09:39:22 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.
I was reading your bold sentence and it seems just another bullshit. Can you give me the more explanation about why was kickcity using the ico to raise the fund? I just know that you are trying to promoting your project rather than open a public discussion about the existence of ico in the future.
I do not see for ICO to show signs of experiencing death this year. so I can not state that ICO will die. and all I can see is that ICO has an ever-increasing development. so it will be very capable to make ICO this year continues to increase and continue to experience an increase.
Activity: 336
June 21, 2018, 09:30:11 PM
Disclaimer: The text below is a personal opinion of the author. If you have a different opinion, please share it

ICO causes more and more distrust - thanks to the scammers. At this point, companies that produce and sell tokens are more focused on the product. The product is being developed and improved. And all before the token sale.

The fact is: those companies that enter the token market with a readymade product are more trustworthy. Now, few people are interested in a company that launches ICO just to make a name and earn a lot of money.

ICO is a serious campaign. It requires great resources and professionalism.

There are many companies on this path. Recently, Pavel Durov announced the creation of a light wallet and the release of the Gram token on the Telegram platform. Here is another example - KickCity, a company that has existed for two years. KickCity is engaged in the development of the event industry and issues a KCY token for further expansion of the company.

What is more, you can get tokens for testing KickCity beta. You can get reward for testing this platform https://kickcity.io/event/5a9d11030cf2cac8e081f3e8

In my own opinion, ico's will not die in 2018 because there are a lot of people today in the market who are still willing to invest on cryptocurrency and ico's who are having a kyc verification for their coins are becoming successful.
June 21, 2018, 07:57:04 PM
I do not think so, there are even more projects coming up. each project indirectly make cryptic more popular since they appeal to different  segments of society
Activity: 644
Merit: 251
June 21, 2018, 07:55:12 PM
Its free money, ICO will keep coming every seconds, minutes, hours, and day. As long as there is money involve there will be always people who will keep making ICO
Activity: 126
June 21, 2018, 07:52:56 PM
2018 so far has been a very good and promising year for icos so I do not think that there is any way that icos will be dying in this year that has held so much promise for the new coins that are being put into the market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 587
June 21, 2018, 02:30:36 PM
I do not believe that ICO will die in 2018. It's just impossible, for what reasons it can happen? I believe that ICO will live a very long time
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
June 21, 2018, 12:15:45 PM
Ico will not die, it will be reduced, because it will soon be regulated, and not everyone will be able to open their coin. And in my opinion correctly, because a lot of Scam.
Activity: 210
June 21, 2018, 10:57:25 AM
Everything with them will be normal, just need to wait for the growth of bitcoin. Correction can last a few more weeks.
From bitcoin, little depends on what people have become less invest in ICO, scam projects are to blame, there are a lot of them.
Activity: 910
Merit: 503
June 21, 2018, 10:36:26 AM
I do not think that ICO will die this year. It seems to me that this industry will exist for several more years. We do not need to worry.
Activity: 41
June 21, 2018, 10:35:26 AM
ICOs are high risk investments but could also potentially yield high rewards depending on the developers' decision making and integrity. It's truly a waste that some ICO investors decide to stay away due to the risks leaving legitimate projects "fund-less".

btw, I'm anticipating a project called MenloOne that's going to serve as a decentralized ICO markeplace, wherein its devs mentioned that it has developed a system that will help stop fraud. Has anyone heard of this project and can confirm if the team behind it is trustworthy?
Activity: 108
June 21, 2018, 10:25:03 AM
Not a chance. They may prioritize quality over quantity as many of the big boys are joining the wave. But for sure ICO won't die in 2018. We have just only seen the beginning.
Activity: 98
June 21, 2018, 05:44:35 AM
No ,I think that it’s possible because there are  a lot of people who really believe in ICO.
Activity: 70
June 20, 2018, 11:16:18 PM
You might be interested in this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io  They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. The sale has started.
BlockGrain.io bounty thread worth a look https://blockgrain.typeform.com/to/CLUlBw
Activity: 78
June 20, 2018, 11:09:19 PM
If I do not think Ico will die in 2018 because Ico has grown increasingly day and again Ico is already very much even a lot of Ico is very successful and most have become rich in this Ico existence

Yes, i do not think ico will die this year because a lot of people became rich due to profit they gain on this bitcoin.
June 20, 2018, 10:57:48 PM
Although it is very difficult to predict but I am sure ICO will never die, I think it will experience a better development in the future, now many ICO appear if you want to invest in ICO should understand it more deeply
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
June 20, 2018, 10:36:52 PM
ICO will not die in 2018, but might be regulated.
The good old days for ICOs has gone. Very fewer ICOs are able to make more than 100% profit.
ICO teams won't be able to hit hard cap easily, investors won't make good profit either. Lots of investors will suffer loss from ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: