Pages:
Author

Topic: Will ICO die in 2018? - page 76. (Read 11540 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 102
April 17, 2018, 02:21:23 PM
This year there will be less ICO, but they will be much better and will be less fraud, because many states have begun to regulate the conduct of ICO.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
April 17, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
Here’s a bounty you don’t want to miss. Marinecoín ico is live now. They are awarding 20,000 .MTC. for successful completion of AI assigned promotion efforts. Time dilution technology is being used to distribute 9 billion coins and prevent a pump and dump. The object is a slow steady growth into the future. Machine to machine transactions and iot make up the platform design to make sure there is long time success for project. Dev-less, fair distribution, and strong community make up .MTC.. Read more here marineco/in
Activity: 75
April 17, 2018, 05:28:20 AM
I'm not sure that ICO will die this year or next, because I believe that ICO is a process without which the crypto currency market can not exist exactly, only today many people do not understand this, especially those who try to regulate crypto-currency market.
There is no, in this year that the dies this 100%. I would say more, more than 50% of ICO projects well, if not this year then next year will die. As they say, if there is no way out, we ask you to leave this room through the window.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
April 17, 2018, 05:21:10 AM
see ICOs are way to earn funding for project good for bussines, and my opinion there will be way more ICOs come in 2018  probably regulation coming in from all around the world. anyone wherever can participate will not easily die just like that regulations will be created and definitely benefit investors.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
April 17, 2018, 02:49:12 AM
If the state does not prohibit ISO, they will not go anywhere. But as the cost of the etherium falls, many people will move away from this token.

No, it will not happen in 2018 and in the nearest future. even with the prohibition of advertisement of different ICO projects, the best ones of them will stay alive and keep on bringing profit to their investors.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
April 16, 2018, 04:22:44 PM
Too many cook spoils the broth and in this ICO space,there are just too make ICOs and it is getting too saturated,if this trend continues,ICO would die because people would just stop investing.

As for investing in a platform with an already working products,some products we see now are just laughable.

But in that whole crowd,there are still some good ICOs and the fact that am proudly wearing the signature of one of them proves that fact,you just have to be adept at selecting the weed from the seed.
Activity: 728
Merit: 104
April 16, 2018, 04:17:17 PM
I'm not sure that ICO will die this year or next, because I believe that ICO is a process without which the crypto currency market can not exist exactly, only today many people do not understand this, especially those who try to regulate crypto-currency market.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
April 16, 2018, 04:11:19 PM
Well while some ICO are not properly manage and control which turn out to become scam making it investors to lose they money and terming ICO as scam but if you really read and understand the white paper's, and at that most of the ICO are successful and are helping in the real sense.
Activity: 27
April 16, 2018, 03:41:29 PM
This year is the year of extremely growth the number of ICO and Altkoins. But in such quantity it's already difficult to find a really good project. I find the project that not just promise, but has been already working! It's BiNeuro. Here is the Token Sale link https://bineuro.com/web/
Activity: 392
April 16, 2018, 06:50:44 AM
I like Bitcoin, because Bitcoin has good technology and room for growth. I think Bitcoin will reach 40k in a few years. I like Ethereum coins. In Ethereum, it is very easy to establish a new ICO project, so most ICO initiators can be completed.
And indeed.., as long as bitcoin is on its advantages/have a good impression, it's higher the chance to be accepted in various countries as an alternative currency or one thing that's really useful. If it had been.., so Ethereum and other altcoins/ another crypto would come in popularity among many people from various countries, even there will be more ICOs standing and more desirable among many people from various projects its made.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 16, 2018, 06:48:53 AM
Bitcoin will not die this year, as I know the alternative Coins depend on Bitcoin and ETH right now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 25
April 16, 2018, 06:48:28 AM
The ICO model is great but the hype has meant that people are investing without doing research. There's alot of investment happening on FOMO or following well known people who are paid to shill. Its difficult if you don't understand technology, business models or a market vertical to assess the long term value of a proposition. There are so many ICOs happening where the market and tech haven't been tested. There are also amazing ICOs. So I think the concept will continue but it will be harder for the less compelling ICOs to get a share of the bear market $.
You are right now you need to study the project well before joining ICO. And ICO will continue to exist, but those projects that want to use blockchain where it is not needed, disappear from this ecosystem.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi
April 16, 2018, 06:46:47 AM
Hello, I will try to answer your question in my opinion ICO is a promising form of fundraising and it only develops as new promising projects each day collect good amounts of money
Activity: 266
April 16, 2018, 06:41:54 AM
I obviously don't think.it seems to me that ISO will live for a very long time because nobody wants to give up such easy profits
Activity: 93
April 16, 2018, 06:11:48 AM
I like Bitcoin, because Bitcoin has good technology and room for growth. I think Bitcoin will reach 40k in a few years. I like Ethereum coins. In Ethereum, it is very easy to establish a new ICO project, so most ICO initiators can be completed.
Activity: 70
April 16, 2018, 05:55:11 AM
The ICO model is great but the hype has meant that people are investing without doing research. There's alot of investment happening on FOMO or following well known people who are paid to shill. Its difficult if you don't understand technology, business models or a market vertical to assess the long term value of a proposition. There are so many ICOs happening where the market and tech haven't been tested. There are also amazing ICOs. So I think the concept will continue but it will be harder for the less compelling ICOs to get a share of the bear market $.
Activity: 2
April 16, 2018, 05:49:49 AM
In my opinion, the concept of ICO's is great, but the way they are implemented is not.

From a traditional startup financing standpoint - ICO's are like seed money, but with the responsibilities of going public.

Investing in an early startup, especially in one that doesn't have a sales track-record or any financial records at all, is risky. There are no guarantees that there will be a market for the product, that clients will be buying the product and so forth. Those are just external factors. If we take into account internal ones too - management competency, financial management, team abilities to work together etc., the risk gets even bigger. Therefore we don't see millions of dollars floating to these sort of startups - they first have to prove that they can be profitable at first. This is the seed stage - where the startup gets enough money for market validation and to develop a good-enough product. After that, you have other rounds of investments that help the startup grow step-by-step.

In the case of most ICOs, startups raise sums of money that are needed for the entire development and management of the company. There are no 1st, 2nd... rounds of investments that allow for a smaller risk for the investors (and smaller gains too), it's an instant home run.

From a VC standpoint that's just insane - how can a seed-stage company raise money for a 3-4years period? And in currencies that are unstable - how can they be sure they will have enough money in case of sudden devaluation?

On the other hand, ICOs are just miraculous for companies with great ideas and lack of access to funding. Also, it's a faster way of raising money than any traditional way. And if it's done right - it helps build a strong community around the product.

In my personal opinion, ICO will remain, but the average amount raised will become smaller and private ICOs will become more common. I think it's an amazing way to raise funds and it complements the financing system a lot, but it's not a replacement for it.

TL'DR: ICOs will stay, but won't replace the existing financing system. The amount of money raised through ICOs should diminish. Doing a good ICO is though and therefore can be not the best way to raise funds. Smarter and shorter roadmaps, oriented to traditional investors will become more common.
Activity: 392
Merit: 13
April 16, 2018, 05:36:03 AM
Unless there is some regulation brought into the ICO market I think they are going to die soon. As they are dirtying the crypto world with so many scams running freely. Just recently there was an exit scam of $660 million. Thats a really huge amount and it isn't fine that so much money was lost.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 16, 2018, 05:31:35 AM
NO nothing will happen to ICO
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
April 16, 2018, 05:21:00 AM
I don't see any reason why ICO will die in 2018.
Of course there will be many differences in ICOs this year.
There won't be so much hype. ICOs won't be able to reach high cap easily.
It is not bad at all.
Pages:
Jump to: