Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 16. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 05:46:49 AM
I think Bitcoin is one of the best wedding gifts imaginable.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 09, 2017, 05:45:56 AM
Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.

It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to friends who use bitcoin only, though it may be hard giving bitcoin to someone who has no single idea what you have given them and preferably better when given to someone who will appreciate it much better but you can actually use it to draw someone in on the knowledge of what bitcoin is all about. That makes it a +1.

When the couple has no knowledge at all about bitcoin, it would be very fun giving them some and introduce them to the world of bitcoin - just make it sure that you are introducing it in a way that they will only keep or invest it to grow it more rather than cashing it right away for their honeymoon Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 299
September 08, 2017, 08:12:53 AM
Sure.

But ... certainly only limited to friends who use bitcoin only.

It doesn't necessarily have to be limited to friends who use bitcoin only, though it may be hard giving bitcoin to someone who has no single idea what you have given them and preferably better when given to someone who will appreciate it much better but you can actually use it to draw someone in on the knowledge of what bitcoin is all about. That makes it a +1.
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
ODEM.IO - UNLOCKING HIGHER EDUCATION
September 08, 2017, 08:08:46 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
For me, no. It is because a wedding gift should be a special gift for a newlywed. Giving a gift like bitcoin is like giving a newlywed a money. It is better than to gift something that they can use for their new lives as a couple than a money itself. It can be appliances, set, house and lot and many more.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
September 08, 2017, 08:02:56 AM
Im not sure in my country and besides not all of the people here are totally aware of bitcoin. It's kinda traditional in my country's wedding style. Aside from cash, the usual gifts are house appliances, hardly even gift a gadgets for the wedding couple. Money dance is a must in most of wedding here. So i guess bitcoin not for now, if maybe people here are more educated about it then 😊
Activity: 658
Merit: 254
For campaign management, please pm me.
September 08, 2017, 07:52:29 AM
Well if will go to a wedding I will not give bitcoin as a gift because it is my investment. But if I will be the one who will be married I will be so happy if bitcoin will be a gift. People are being so techie nowadays and we cannot stop that fact. Maybe some people wanted to have a video message on there wedding than an old letter. Smiley
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 08, 2017, 07:45:16 AM
I wouldn't. Isn't weddings supposed to be a special day to exchange rings not cash. The idea of exchanging an "asset" on your wedding seems strange and not really suitable.
Activity: 322
Merit: 105
September 08, 2017, 07:30:16 AM
If the couple uses bitcoin yes i will give them as a gift but for now since I just started earning and dont have much yet I will give them traditional gift instead. This is what I like about bitcoin its hassle  free and very convenient if you want to send or give someone money its just a click a away.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 08, 2017, 07:24:05 AM
For now I by no means imagined of performing this kind of a thing simply because I only have a minor BTC, but perhaps that will take place in the up coming number of many years when my BTC develops.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
September 07, 2017, 12:19:48 PM
It will depend if my wife do/does know about  Bitcoin. for me I'll just make Bitcoin as a investment for our child and for the future of us *My future family*
She is your wife and you don't know whether she has already heard about bitcoins or not? That's strange. Apparently, it looks like you are planning to give bitcoins to your partner as a wedding gift but the OP was asking whether to give it to some other couple. When you really wanna get married... :p
A good way to save your bitcoins.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500
September 07, 2017, 12:16:07 PM
At first I was thinking what would be the benefits of the person receiving bitcoin as a gift, as if they can use it for their honeymoon as mode of payment, and another thing is the knowledge of the person about bitcoin if he is able to use it or transact with it. But as i think about it, something comes into my mind, since bitcoin is one of the best store of value, I understand the essence of giving to to the newly wed couple.  This serve as their savings!  As time pass by the bitcoin given to them will increase in value and from that time, definitely the couple would have known bitcoin and be able to use it and transact with it.  It is not hard anyway.  So I believe that giving bitcoin as a wedding gift is one of the best gift we can give.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 253
September 07, 2017, 11:31:43 AM
I do not understand how many bitcoin gifts they get from prizes of invited guests, but yesterday in my country there was a wedding ceremony conducted by the director of the largest bitcoin exchanger in indonesia, the concept used is bitcoin. I was thinking about using paper wallets for this in the next wedding concept.
Activity: 434
September 07, 2017, 10:21:17 AM
i don't think so.
not all people know about bitcoin.
it's better to give the stuff that everyone can use it.
Activity: 94
September 07, 2017, 10:12:07 AM
This topic is a bit silly but nevertheless I'll say one thing... Plese give more personal gifts for weddings than bitcoins :-) it's the single most important day in a person's life and I think you should honor that person with a memorable gift.
Activity: 364
September 07, 2017, 10:11:53 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Why not? Bitcoin can be a wedding gift but then we have to consider the people we are going to give this as a gift. If they are not that familiar with Bitcoins, the tendency is they might not appreciate it. So I guess we just have to educate them so they can cope up.
Activity: 263
September 07, 2017, 10:07:49 AM
Actually I already gave bitcoin as a wedding gift back in 2013 or 2014, don't remember exactly when, it was the equivalent at 150 euros, something like 0.75 BTC I believe, looking now it was a really good gift, I believe they haven't sold yet, sometimes I remind them about it. Cheesy
Activity: 770
Merit: 113
September 07, 2017, 10:00:39 AM
great idea.
but, if the friend who will be given the gift must also be bitcoin users? if not, then how?
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
September 07, 2017, 09:38:12 AM
Yes I would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, it is a good gift especially if the married couple are interested about the crypto currencies. If not it still an opportunity to introduce Bitcoin to new potential users
Activity: 434
September 07, 2017, 09:36:17 AM
No sorry for that but my bitcoin is precious to me.  I will give a good amount of money or maybe getting them a trip for honeymoon.  And when they asked where I got my money there I would say about the bitcoin.  Maybe I could encourage them to try it.  If I would give bitcoin as a gift and they do not know anything about bitcoin, perhaps they will not much appreciate it.
Bitcoin also precious for me too because bitcoin is my future investment, so i will not give it as a wedding gift, there's many other things that can given as wedding gift, maybe for my children later i will gift bitcoin as gift on their wedding day
Activity: 89
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
September 07, 2017, 08:13:08 AM

its nice to give to the people who knows bitcoin. but if not it will be look be weird because they know that bitcoin is not a money that can spend online.
Pages:
Jump to: