Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 19. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 07:28:33 AM
Bitcoin will be a wonderful gift for the wedding just need to explain to the newlyweds how to use it, and then the gift can remain completely unnecessary. It will be excellent only for those who already use crypto currency.
Activity: 420
Merit: 256
اللعنة
September 04, 2017, 07:26:44 AM
Of course, yes. Why not? We are now living in an era where everything is high tech - from the gadgets we use up to the means of transportation. With that, it is not a bad idea to give BTC as a gift in  a wedding. Instead of giving material gifts which are not necessary, why not give the newly-weds BTC so they can also freely buy the things they actually need? Bitcoin is a great wedding gift.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
September 04, 2017, 07:25:16 AM
People start sliding credit card or bank card at wedding in India !  If bitcoin became a wedding gift , it would be weird first but day by day , modern technologies improve , No need paper money ! Therefore people can use their smart phone and scan OR code and send Bitcoin as a wedding gift ! But the true value of love , i would say i wont give bitcoin , i will make something by my heart to give as a wedding gift
Activity: 413
Merit: 105
September 04, 2017, 07:10:57 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Yes. I can give some of my bitcoins as a wedding gift. I will first convert some of my bitcoins into cash then I will withdraw the money in a bank or in a remittance center like for example in Cebuana Lhuiller. After that, I will also consider if the wedding is our family member or our relatives. Because bitcoin is really hard to get. That's why, I will first ensure that every coin will be not be wasted. I will also consider if the rate of bitcoin is high or low. My wedding gift will depend on the rate of bitcoin also.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
September 04, 2017, 06:39:39 AM
I am planning on getting married next year and I would be pleasantly surprised if any of my friends give bitcoin as a gift. I think bitcoin would be one of the best gifts we can give, be it for a wedding, birthday, anniversary or Christmas. With the price expected to still rise, all the receiver needs to do is hold and watch how bitcoin grows as a very good investment for the long term.
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
September 04, 2017, 06:37:19 AM
That would be some kind of entertainment value to me and also to promote bitcoin at that occasions is a great idea. That makes me thought about doing this on my brothers weeding and eventually I will try it. That will be amazing and

I don't know how the crowd will react at that thing. Maybe confused or laughed about it, hopefully I won't be mob by many visitors who wanted to asked about bitcoin after the reception.
Activity: 60
The swarm is headed towards us.
September 04, 2017, 06:25:54 AM
I gifted/purchased one BTC 2 years ago for a christening and will hold it until the child is 18. We'll see how that goes, 16 more years to go! Smiley

But yes, it makes it for a very thoughtful gift in my opinion.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
September 04, 2017, 05:46:16 AM
I will never gift my hard earned bitcoin to anyone as a wedding gift and not even to family or friends as it has taken lots of efforts to earn it and not interested in giving it away for free and if a person whom I gift is not aware about bitcoins and if he misplaces it then all efforts would go in vain.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 04, 2017, 05:39:40 AM
People kept saying yes bitcoin is a very great wedding gift but in reality unless the couple is familiar with bitcoin, they probably won't appreciate it.

wedding gifts are often use to help couples start their new life but if giving bitcoin will probably just help them to start a new investment or something.

if you insist on giving bitcoin as a gift. you should throughly explain to them first what bitcoin really is of course without them knowing your actual intention

On the other hand, maybe there are couple of people that find good the idea of making bitcoin as a gift for newly wed couple (me, included) but in reality they will not even do that because they treasure well their bitcoins Smiley
Activity: 268
Merit: 100
September 04, 2017, 02:23:40 AM
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I think its a good idea but then considering that the couples who aren't that familiar with Bitcoins they might get confused and won't appreciate it. But then I guess if I will buy something from what I have earned from here, they will surely appreciate it.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
September 02, 2017, 05:05:16 PM
People kept saying yes bitcoin is a very great wedding gift but in reality unless the couple is familiar with bitcoin, they probably won't appreciate it.

wedding gifts are often use to help couples start their new life but if giving bitcoin will probably just help them to start a new investment or something.

if you insist on giving bitcoin as a gift. you should throughly explain to them first what bitcoin really is of course without them knowing your actual intention
Activity: 457
September 02, 2017, 02:54:59 PM
This is a very amazing idea and I started doing to set aside my coins as a wedding gift and I have to prove it and I hope bitcoin soar Grin
Activity: 188
September 02, 2017, 02:15:19 PM
why not if your going to give 1btc as your wedding gift. Who wouldn't accept that large amount of money and it is much easier to bring on the wedding instead of material items
Activity: 1218
Merit: 254
Trphy.io
September 02, 2017, 02:03:49 PM
I want to do it if couple recognizes bitcoin and unfortunately where i live, younger generation who are ready to marry not yet understand about bitcoin specifically. They just heard about exchange rate and aren't willing to learn how to earn bitcoin. So this becomes an obstacle for me to make bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whereas, if it could be done, it would probably be the coolest gift.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
September 02, 2017, 01:55:09 PM
Wow, you just gave me a great idea for my friends wedding  Grin
In fact, they are well aware of its value nowdays

Good for you and good for them Smiley How many bitcoins are you planning to give them mate? It would be a sweet and tempting gift you could ever give to the newly wed couple - tempting in the sense that they will most likely to withdraw it right away because of the present value nowadays.
Activity: 457
this is what I have to do, as a wedding gift and I have prepared the mualai now, hopefully what I plan will succeed Grin
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
If this would be the wedding ceremony gift of my dudes, I will get me a spouse directly   I feel it is completely fantastic to make a bitcoin existing
Activity: 574
No, I would not do that.

Firstly, it is not romantic and women does not like these type of things. Let's admit it, bitcoin is a bit nerdy.

Most of the women does know nothing about bitcoin, they find it boring, and honestly it is not suitable for wedding.

consider something fancier
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Wow, you just gave me a great idea for my friends wedding  Grin
In fact, they are well aware of its value nowdays
Activity: 1554
Making Smart Money Work
This is a very interesting idea. Our partner could be interested with this and see it as something unique when the wedding. And this, I think it would be a good investment when have a child and they grow up.
Pages:
Jump to: