Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 13. (Read 45709 times)

Activity: 327
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 09:07:54 PM
Anyone knows where yifu hangs out in NY? I live here and can certainly give him a piece of my mind regarding getting those damn chips shipped already. (Not just Batch 1).
Activity: 784
Merit: 504
Dream become broken often
August 06, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
boy i'm not glad i'm not involved in this mess...units or chips...course if i had the btc i would have been...yay for being poor Sad
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
@WiRED
August 06, 2013, 08:05:19 PM
Activity: 238
August 06, 2013, 07:25:51 PM
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 06, 2013, 06:58:53 PM
According the TGB, there's one single big whale reseller supposedly ordered $14.75 million worth of chips and maybe even got an exclusive period to mine.  According to tracking data, they got theirs shipped on 6/25, 135 boxes full. Everyone else, especially the community who rallied around him at the beginning, seem to be getting the short end of the stick. 
someone who have 14.75 mil not that stupid and buy 1.8 mil chips ---> 650 TH because with this power diff go to 140mil and he never take money back Smiley

The big buyer is reselling the chips for a high price i read in the forum. I doubt of course he will have much buyers, but such an amount of TH is much really... He would alone bring in so much hashpower that he cant sell the chips anymore. If true he isnt the smartest businessman then. And/or dont understand bitcoin too much.
Activity: 238
August 06, 2013, 06:56:29 PM
So you say it really could be that this reseller bought a big chunk of chips but wanted it fast so that Yifu gave them our chips and ordered new ones for us? I thought about this but i doubted Yifu would do something so stupid and unethical. But the more time goes by...

I mean its another day over without anything...

This explanation is the one which makes the most sense.
Which means we won't see shipment of chips until at least the 20 week mark.

Disgusting
Hope their Chinese buyer is worth it for them, because they'll be their only customer in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013
Be A Digital Miner
August 06, 2013, 06:55:30 PM
How many millions of dollars is in play?  I wonder how long it'll take for the media to see this story....
According the TGB, there's one single big whale reseller supposedly ordered $14.75 million worth of chips and maybe even got an exclusive period to mine.  According to tracking data, they got theirs shipped on 6/25, 135 boxes full. Everyone else, especially the community who rallied around him at the beginning, seem to be getting the short end of the stick. 
Do you have a link or any evidence to back up that claim? If it's true, and the $14.75 million order cut in line and delayed all other bulk chip orders, I'd say that is pretty screwed up.
I cannot find the story on the website.   I call bullshit.    As much as I agree that Yifu is a crook and a little shit, I do not think this story is credible.    FUD.    It is more believable that he is sitting on your chips because it would hurt how many BTC he mines per day with the batch II silvers that he kept from people.
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2013, 06:53:48 PM
So you say it really could be that this reseller bought a big chunk of chips but wanted it fast so that Yifu gave them our chips and ordered new ones for us? I thought about this but i doubted Yifu would do something so stupid and unethical. But the more time goes by...

Avalon & TSMC would both have pooled orders together, avalon to get a better price for volume and TSMC because it's easier to make large lots, the fact that 1 batch of 10k chips has been delivered show that they HAVE done a run of chips.

So where are they HuhHuh
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
August 06, 2013, 06:50:08 PM
someone who have 14.75 mil not that stupid and buy 1.8 mil chips ---> 650 TH because with this power diff go to 140mil and he never take money back Smiley
legendary
August 06, 2013, 06:40:57 PM

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
August 06, 2013, 06:35:30 PM
How many millions of dollars is in play?  I wonder how long it'll take for the media to see this story....

Do you have a link or any evidence to back up that claim? If it's true, and the $14.75 million order cut in line and delayed all other bulk chip orders, I'd say that is pretty screwed up.
Activity: 177
August 06, 2013, 05:54:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 06, 2013, 05:11:27 PM
I'm not sure how true this is but some say in China screwing over non-Chinese is considered a win.  Has anyone tried translating the Chinese boards to see what's going on?
Activity: 518
August 06, 2013, 11:31:05 AM
So Yifu did an "I so shamed, i think im gon kil myself ni hao"
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 11:17:57 AM

I think this sums it up
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Yifu Guo is Asian, these people don't like to talk about problems or admit mistakes. It's about "loosing face".

"Losing Face is much more intense than suffering embarrassment or shame. In extreme cases it can be like losing all the senses, or losing one's place in life. Complete loss of Face is like full exile - you become a non-person, even to family and close friends. You can't speak or be spoken to. You can't be heard or seen. You are just not present."

"Losing face is simply a Chinese not knowing how to deal with rejection or criticism. They are raised pampered, especially males, and showered with positive reinforcement for good and bad. They are set up from the very beginning to not know how to deal with losing, as their parents once were. They also were taught to ignore problems or issues if they don't affect them, to avoid trouble and confrontation. So since the entire nation grew up under these conditions for hundreds of years, it became culture. No one questions it as it's the norm. It's not right, but it now is a part of their life, and customs. Simple."

http://www.internationalman.com/78-global-perspectives/490-what-is-face-in-asian-culture-and-why-should-we-care
legendary
August 06, 2013, 10:29:28 AM
Sometimes i believe he has this problem: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workaholic

If true it would explain why he cant delegate work to others, for example the support. He seems to want to do everything on its own and maybe he doesnt realize at all that he cant handle it.
Activity: 532
August 06, 2013, 10:23:20 AM
Fact is once delays happen you should be given daily updates. Bitsyncom's team are just as responsible for the silence, but Yifu is especially responsible, distance being located in New York is no exception, less so, as it's out of free choice. If he cares he should be in China now, fully hands on, especially as there are delays. He may be young, but he is an adult and he is responsible for this company.

BFL and Avalon's responses, or lack of when things go awry are not common practice in real world business. This is amateur behaviour and Bitsyncom having the luxury if another company before them making all the wrong moves have less of an excuse to be behaving this way.

You need daily updates now, grace period is over, there is now no excuse for silence from Yifu or Zhang, or for that matter anyone involved in the design team, but it's ultimately Yifu and Zhangs responsibility, legally speaking.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 06, 2013, 10:15:25 AM
Did you ever consider that Yifu may not be in charge but just the face of the company?
He lives in NY., how much control could he have over the operations in China?
Not sure how your point (which I think is wrong btw) would change ANYTHING that I just wrote.   If Yifu is "just the guy that gets 1/2 the profits" and the evil zhang is controlling him like a puppet, then all my points STAND.   He is a POS that has stolen from people while telling you how "holy" he is.   If he has completely been "used" like you insinuate than why would this "honorable" man not warn all of us that we are being ripped off and he could not control it?   He would still be a useless piece of shit in your above example.

True... there are not many scenarios where Yifu comes off as the good guy.

The fact of the matter is... there may be good reasons why they aren't shipping chips, but we don't know them because he is unwilling to give out bad news.  Though no news is even worse when people's imaginations are left to run wild.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
August 06, 2013, 10:13:04 AM
[–]jimgolian 2 points 10 months ago

How are you now head of operations? I thought nzhang was in charge and he had some professor who was uber smart helping him along with a Chinese team.

[–]yifuguo 0 points 10 months ago

What you said is correct.

he is in charge of all the technical development, I suppose I shouldn't have used such misleading title as we don't have really have a corporate structure in this project. but if you want to look at it, he is CTO and I'm more of a CFO/COO person.

So either he doesn't know what a COO or a CFO does, or he's giving everyone the finger as he trolls through life.

Well, I guess this makes two Bitcoin ASIC companies I'm never doing business with again...

Very disappointing to see these scenarios play out.

*mumbles something about money, power and corruption*
Pages:
Jump to: