Pages:
Author

Topic: WTF Avalon? Ship the Chips! - page 12. (Read 45709 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 07, 2013, 02:42:10 PM
I chose to invest (probably more than I should have) on the belief that I was investing in a system free from the "big guys". With Yifu's failure and other realizations..I care for bitcoin no more. A neat experiment..ultimately corrupted and soiled the in the same ways all things tied to money always are.

How do you make more USD than mining bitcoins? Rip off the entire (willfully overstated) community with shitty and probably illegal methods. I look forward to a lawsuit against Mr. Yifu Guo. I don't even hope to collect. My money's already gone..or so I must believe.

Thanks Avalon. DIAF.

lol so dramatic jeez

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
August 07, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
I chose to invest (probably more than I should have) on the belief that I was investing in a system free from the "big guys". With Yifu's failure and other realizations..I care for bitcoin no more. A neat experiment..ultimately corrupted and soiled the in the same ways all things tied to money always are.

How do you make more USD than mining bitcoins? Rip off the entire (willfully overstated) community with shitty and probably illegal methods. I look forward to a lawsuit against Mr. Yifu Guo. I don't even hope to collect. My money's already gone..or so I must believe.

Thanks Avalon. DIAF.
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
August 07, 2013, 02:37:46 PM
I requested a scammer tag for BitSyncom.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2885749
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
August 07, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
i do not understand Yifus problem, i think Yifu - Bitsyncom cant deliver the chips, because they have no chips Sad
Ok guys, how much longer do we wait to lawyer up and initiate legal proceedings?  The utter lack of communication and even confirmation that our chips will/wont ship and that they missed their deadline by over a month seems like enough to me.  Has anyone got any recommendations on a good lawyer and best route to take?  At this point something NEEDS TO BE DONE, whether it is knocking on doors, calling, mailing letters to Avalon/Bitsyncom, lawyering up, calling the police/fbi/interpol.  This could be the biggest bitcoin thievery in history. 

We need confirmation from Avalon/Bitsyncom immediately, and a timetable agreed upon by all members effected by this to initiate legal proceedings.  I think its about time that we organize and make a plan on how to recover our losses, recover the chips or at least make those pay with either time in jail or by fines and suing those who are accountable for this mess in the event they do not ship. 

Do you think 1 week is sufficient? Or should we wait until September 1st? Or sooner?
Activity: 540
BestRate.org
August 07, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
i do not understand Yifus problem, i think Yifu - Bitsyncom cant deliver the chips, because they have no chips Sad
Activity: 281
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
August 07, 2013, 01:06:45 PM
ship the chips!!   Angry
Activity: 267
Learn to go against your mind
August 07, 2013, 10:12:18 AM
I wonder how this boy roll over all forum here and no care of anything and anyone... Congrats for his courage!  Grin

P.s: he may be have a hard ass too pepared for prison there omg
Activity: 532
August 07, 2013, 10:07:27 AM
group buyers should file a case in the USA because of fraud.

I believe this would also be relevant if he refuses to acknowledge you;

http://www.interpol.int/Contact-INTERPOL
http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Cybercrime/Cybercrime
http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Financial-crime/Financial-crime

I'm sure they would love to get their feet wet with alternative currency cybercrime. It would set a precedent.

Still I think you need to wait a little longer yet, this is still flakey, but Avalon B#3's are arriving, so there is life at Bitsyncom, even if it's life that refuses to acknowledge it' customers after breaching agreement...
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
August 07, 2013, 10:02:54 AM
group buyers should file a case in the USA because of fraud.
Activity: 457
August 07, 2013, 09:58:03 AM
The only other person I've heard is ngzhang

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ngzhang-38132
August 07, 2013, 09:40:45 AM
Seriously though can anyone tell me why no one else aside Yifu from Bitsyncom can be reached or held accountable?!?

Irrespective of the break-up of Bitsyncom, those that split were present prior to the break-up when pre-orders were taken from this forum and elsewhere. They were still a team when presumably chips were manufactured, and some members were still part of Bitsyncom when those first chips were delivered or they wouldn't have been able to take and post pictures on this forum.

Those formally associated members will know what the deal is, why is nobody contacting them for the truth and Yifu's whereabouts?

I see no point in trying to contact Yifu through the points of contact in this forum, all that effort is in vain, if he's not responding and purposefully ignoring your messages or shipping the chips fairly and as agreed.

I've been on the fence about this, but when you see it for what it is; you made a payment for chips in an agreed future date, whereupon your returns diminish over time. That time has surpassed, and now to be honest has a reasonable amount of time subsequent as a grace period. Any honest and fair person irrespective of the cultural element raised in this thread earlier would give some form of statement to calm people's nerves, a simple update, good or bad. You as customers understand there were risks, most which you were confident were mitigated by purchasing a proven tech, but all the same if the problems were understandable people would have the noses put out of joint, some would be angry, but some would understand it for what it is. Unless those reasons are down to greed or incompetence or selfish unprofessional business practices. You need a statement so you can make informed choices. This is especially the case for people like Burnin' who have invested a lot of time, effort and their own money as well as other peoples. If he had to refund, as some people are now asking him for he could stand to be wiped out since a lot of that money will have been spent on having all the parts and boards manufactured ahead of time as he made sure he wouldn't be responsible for any delays. To think the reason I didn't purchase the group buys was because I though the unknown intermediaries were too risky and be the point of failure!! But for all intents and purposes this looks like people will get really p*ssed soon if this treatment continues. Anyone know what the Chinese forums have to say about this from their perspective?
Activity: 266
August 07, 2013, 09:27:23 AM
Maybe we should have used tsmc and not Avalon.  This situation is crazy...
Activity: 457
August 07, 2013, 08:46:20 AM
I tried to see if there was anyone at TSMC that could at least confirm a completed order. (Yes I embellished, but as a whole the community did make a substantial investment, so representing it, I am not far off.)

[email protected]
1:30 AM (6 hours ago)

I am not aware of bitsyn as a customer of tsmc. It may be one of the many start ups that tsmc' design alliance is helping to design into our processes. If this company were a customer it should have a tsmc sales person designated to serve it.

Elizabeth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

寄件者: Bitcoiner 49er [[email protected]]
  寄件時間: 2013/08/06 下午 02:27 EST
  收件者: YWSUN
  主旨: Investor question

-----------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth,

I received your email from your company's website. I have perhaps an unusual question. I am invested with a customer of yours, Yifu Guo, CTO http://bitsyn.com 1-(347)-370-9069. I and many others have been unable to contact him regarding our investment with his SC chips that were manufactured by your company.

I don't want any sensitive info, which I know you or anyone at TSMC could not provide, however I would like to ask if the order placed, has been completed. This will allow me to know that the product is in his possession and I should possibly consult legal action to find out more.

Thank you for your time, I do not wish to inconvenience you, but I am running out of options to get information on a substantial investment.
August 07, 2013, 07:55:06 AM
Out of interest, is there not another point of contact accessible at Bitsyncom aside Yifu?

Has anyone tried contacting other ex-members of his design team that split?

Surely they must know what the hold up is. I'd try that angle if I was you.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:49:50 AM
Anyone knows where yifu hangs out in NY? I live here and can certainly give him a piece of my mind regarding getting those damn chips shipped already. (Not just Batch 1).

I only know these details: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2594647
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Just another miner
August 07, 2013, 07:06:33 AM
Gdmt ship our chips!!!
Activity: 238
August 07, 2013, 04:19:58 AM
After BFL showed the way I think most manufacturers realized you have to prime the pump so to speak.  You can't steady release asic because you make more by selling in big chunks since only the manufacturers know how much TH is being released and they price accordingly for maximum profit.  Wouldn't surprise me if they communicate with each other and even if they don't all chips are made in china and info will always leak.  Since end users don't know the totals end users will always overpay.  This won't change for a while until used gear resale markets get larger and end users will have a choice where to buy hash power.

The problem is the cost of entry is way to low.  It only takes a few hundred, to a million dollars to get a chip taped out and ready to make. They have to release enough chips to get the hash rate high enough to discourage others from trying to make chips, while ideally keeping it low enough they can still make money.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
August 06, 2013, 10:51:02 PM
After BFL showed the way I think most manufacturers realized you have to prime the pump so to speak.  You can't steady release asic because you make more by selling in big chunks since only the manufacturers know how much TH is being released and they price accordingly for maximum profit.  Wouldn't surprise me if they communicate with each other and even if they don't all chips are made in china and info will always leak.  Since end users don't know the totals end users will always overpay.  This won't change for a while until used gear resale markets get larger and end users will have a choice where to buy hash power.  Even with asicminer, notice how their entire run gets sold out and quickly after release or price change difficulty jumps much higher then even the new pricing had suggested.  Loved the feudalism picture.  I'd love to see a similar one for the bitcoin ecosphere.  In the same way that central banks and the people at the top get to touch the freshly printed money first, ASIC manufacturers which are creating hash power inflation, touch it first and get the most benefit out of it then that inflation trickles down to the rest 99%.
Activity: 177
August 06, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
How many millions of dollars is in play?  I wonder how long it'll take for the media to see this story....
According the TGB, there's one single big whale reseller supposedly ordered $14.75 million worth of chips and maybe even got an exclusive period to mine.  According to tracking data, they got theirs shipped on 6/25, 135 boxes full. Everyone else, especially the community who rallied around him at the beginning, seem to be getting the short end of the stick.  
Do you have a link or any evidence to back up that claim? If it's true, and the $14.75 million order cut in line and delayed all other bulk chip orders, I'd say that is pretty screwed up.
I cannot find the story on the website.   I call bullshit.    As much as I agree that Yifu is a crook and a little shit, I do not think this story is credible.    FUD.    It is more believable that he is sitting on your chips because it would hurt how many BTC he mines per day with the batch II silvers that he kept from people.

Here's a link to the story on TGB.  Near the sub-heading of Lucrative Business:
http://thegenesisblock.com/latest-shipment-of-avalon-asics-could-increase-network-hashrate-by-500/

Tracking to the boxes (source: TGB)
http://www.track-shipments.com/track-trace.aspx?pref=AWB&awbno=87150508076

Quote from: The Genesis Block, July 11, 2013
Most surprisingly, there is evidence that there were actually 135 boxes in the shipment that arrived for these photographs. This would indicate 593 TH/s at the standard 282 MH/s clock speed, or a monstrous 842 TH/s overclocked to 400 MH/s per chip. Given the high estimate, that would add almost 500% to the network speed.

This raises significant security concerns for bitcoin since so much hashing power is localized in a single location. This centralization of hashing power underscores the relative weakness of the bitcoin mining network in the context of the recent surplus in customized ASIC hardware. Fortunately, as these products are distributed and more ASIC companies come online the network will be that much stronger for it.
Lucrative Business

While Avalon has not released information how many chips have been ordered, a 135 box shipment would amount to over 2.1 million ASIC chips. Given that Avalon sells them in batches of 10,000 for 780 BTC, this lot alone is worth over 164,000 BTC ($14,700,000). Avalon and ASICMiner have proven that a quick-to-market high-volume product is worth significantly more than more high-tech products like Buttefly Lab’s miners that have been riddled with delays.
Pages:
Jump to: