Pages:
Author

Topic: Wyckoff Mode Technical Analysis - page 24. (Read 12112 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 18, 2019, 04:17:19 PM

Based on the magnitude of the drop below the November 2018 lows (a bit under 10%), a $7K test or a hair below looks just about perfect.

Now the question is, is the December 2018 bottom the best model for the current price action? Smiley

Seeing some of the brutal wicks I've seen in Bitcoin, I'm not even ruling out a V-bottom off your 1.618 level in the low-mid $5,000s. That lines up with the 0.786 of the whole uptrend. I know xxxx123abcxxxx is looking at that area if the $7K area fails. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52783442
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 18, 2019, 07:41:31 AM
Pointing out a few more similarities within the indicators with yellow circles in the 3-Day TF with December, 2018 to present day.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 18, 2019, 07:18:38 AM
The White Energy continues with its downward pressure in the 3-Day TF.  Which see...

If we do end up coming down in a similar way as in December, 2018 on the last leg down before reversal, we could end up falling to a SECONDARY 0.382 FIB RT at $7,134.22.

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 17, 2019, 05:32:34 PM
Hi Exstasie,

Good to see you!  Wink

We are currently in Phase D of a Wyckoff Accumulation Schematic. Phase D has two major events. #1 - Is the "Sign of Strength" (SOS) pushing us substantially above Preliminary Support to establish a new higher trading range. #2 - is the "Back Up/Last Point of Support" (BU/LPS); which is basically re-accumulation within that new higher established trading range.  Once our "Back Up/Last Point of Support" (BU/LPS) is completed; this will end Phase D and we transition into Phase E.  However, We are not "officially" in Phase e until we breakout ABOVE $13,880 on Bitstamp.

How likely is it that the December-June rally was a bull trap and that we are still in a prolonged Phase A? That would be a painful scenario for bulls.

I honestly do not see that being the case.  The "time" structure and "price" structure just do not line up with that scenario.

Even if we do fall lower into the $6k's, this does not mean we are going to continue into a prolonged bear market.  It simply means our BU/LPS dropped lower before our transition into Phase E in my opinion.

Let's say hypothetically that we are in a prolonged bear market, headed to new lows. How low would we need to go to confirm we are not in Phase D? All the way down to $3,122?

Correct, we would have to fall below $3,122 on Bitstamp.  This would basically mean Phase D was rejected and we would be in a phase C of a Distribution Schematic.  However, this scenario and structure would be totally out of line with any Wyckoff Schematic I have seen.  Especially, for crypto...
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
October 17, 2019, 05:25:11 PM
We are currently in Phase D of a Wyckoff Accumulation Schematic. Phase D has two major events. #1 - Is the "Sign of Strength" (SOS) pushing us substantially above Preliminary Support to establish a new higher trading range. #2 - is the "Back Up/Last Point of Support" (BU/LPS); which is basically re-accumulation within that new higher established trading range.  Once our "Back Up/Last Point of Support" (BU/LPS) is completed; this will end Phase D and we transition into Phase E.  However, We are not "officially" in Phase e until we breakout ABOVE $13,880 on Bitstamp.

How likely is it that the December-June rally was a bull trap and that we are still in a prolonged Phase A? That would be a painful scenario for bulls.

Even if we do fall lower into the $6k's, this does not mean we are going to continue into a prolonged bear market.  It simply means our BU/LPS dropped lower before our transition into Phase E in my opinion.

Let's say hypothetically that we are in a prolonged bear market, headed to new lows. How low would we need to go to confirm we are not in Phase D? All the way down to $3,122?
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 17, 2019, 05:13:12 PM
"White Energy in 3-Day TF Dictates WHEN Downward Pressure Ends."  SEE COMMENTS IN COMMENTS SECTION:  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ubrlf8QA-White-Energy-in-3-Day-TF-Dictates-WHEN-Downward-Pressure-Ends/

I sure hope we can avoid the 50/200 MA cross ("death cross") on the daily chart. Those usually confirm a mid/long term bear market. They look to intersect pretty soon, maybe next week. A significant move down to the low $6,000s would be pretty threatening for that reason.

If you have not seen this video yet, watch it:  "50-Day MA Crossing 200-Day MA Does NOT Necessarily Mean DEATH."  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/gWrevEoz-50-Day-MA-Crossing-200-Day-MA-Does-NOT-Necessarily-Mean-DEATH/

My most recent video publication for BTCUSD points out the indicators in the 3-Day time frame in conjunction with the 12-Day time frame will likely be the best time frames to use to see WHEN this episode of downward pressure in this "Back Up/Last Point of Support" (BU/LPS) will likely end and we begin to slowly transition into Phase E of our Wyckoff Accumulation Schematic.

Even if we do fall lower into the $6k's, this does not mean we are going to continue into a prolonged bear market.  It simply means our BU/LPS dropped lower before our transition into Phase E in my opinion.

Activity: 697
Merit: 520
October 17, 2019, 05:04:02 PM
"White Energy in 3-Day TF Dictates WHEN Downward Pressure Ends."  SEE COMMENTS IN COMMENTS SECTION:  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ubrlf8QA-White-Energy-in-3-Day-TF-Dictates-WHEN-Downward-Pressure-Ends/

I sure hope we can avoid the 50/200 MA cross ("death cross") on the daily chart. Those usually confirm a mid/long term bear market. They look to intersect pretty soon, maybe next week. A significant move down to the low $6,000s would be pretty threatening for that reason.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 17, 2019, 03:17:36 PM
"White Energy in 3-Day TF Dictates WHEN Downward Pressure Ends."  SEE COMMENTS IN COMMENTS SECTION:  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/ubrlf8QA-White-Energy-in-3-Day-TF-Dictates-WHEN-Downward-Pressure-Ends/
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 14, 2019, 01:11:36 PM
First Thank you. Could you post that on Tradingview ? I'd like to pursue it  Grin
If we look at the Volume it's low and for me I think we gonna drop some more.

When you say, "Post it on TradingView for you to pursue it..." what do you mean by "pursue" it?

You mean you want me to post it as a chart publication on TradingView?

That's exactly what I mean  Grin

The video publication I just posted in the link above this response is the reason I did NOT create a Chart Publication for that POSSIBLE scenario.  It could honestly go either way in regard to the price action remaining below the 200-Day MA up to 53-Days (similar to 2015) before final transition into a long term bull trend.  The indicators suggest we could go ABOVE the 200-Day MA.  However, I know from experience that upward pressure does not always equate to SIGNIFICANT upward price action during the upward pressure.  Hence, the reason for not posting that as a CHART publication.

NEW VIDEO PUBLICATION:  "50-Day MA Crossing 200-Day MA Does NOT Necessarily Mean DEATH."  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/gWrevEoz-50-Day-MA-Crossing-200-Day-MA-Does-NOT-Necessarily-Mean-DEATH/
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 14, 2019, 01:07:57 PM
NEW VIDEO PUBLICATION:  "50-Day MA Crossing 200-Day MA Does NOT Necessarily Mean DEATH."  https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/gWrevEoz-50-Day-MA-Crossing-200-Day-MA-Does-NOT-Necessarily-Mean-DEATH/
JL0
Activity: 817
Merit: 158
Bitcoin the Digital Gold
October 14, 2019, 08:55:19 AM
First Thank you. Could you post that on Tradingview ? I'd like to pursue it  Grin

When you say, "Post it on TradingView for you to pursue it..." what do you mean by "pursue" it?

That's exactly what I mean  Grin
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 14, 2019, 05:40:55 AM
I don't doubt this is possible, a move to mid $9k to re-test the descending triangle breakdown, I'm still waiting on this to occur hence avoiding adding to any short positions. However, why the price would find support again in the mid $8k's doesn't add up to me personally. Of course it could happen, but I don't see any reasoning at present. For starters, the 200 Day MA by that time will be even closer to $9k than it is now, so the price would again be stuck underneath it in a bearish fashion. A rejection from the triangle breakdown would be detrimental to the price and confirm a longer-term downtrend in my mind. The chances of the $8k area holding a second time within a short time span seems very low in this sense.

I also read you don't rule out $6k, so well aware you recognize this could happen too. Call me boring, but I'm still waiting for the target of the triangle breakdown to be achieved before laddering heavily, which Bitcoin in the past as respected more than most asset classes. Either that or a decent buying opportunity that currently doesn't present itself in my opinion.

Just throwing in my two satoshis to the speculation.

Hi DvsL,

Thanks for dropping into the forum to respectfully share your opinion.  You have certainly made some good points.  It will be much easier for me to address the 200 Day-MA in a video.  I'll plan on creating a video addressing the 200 Day-MA within the next 24 hours.

Stay Awesome!

David
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 2212
October 14, 2019, 04:06:49 AM

A real live bottom call! That's a rarity these days among all this pessimistic sentiment.

I've got mixed feelings. We didn't get the classic high volume BTC capitulation I was looking for, but then again we didn't in July 2013 either. I'm still concerned this may be short term relief rally type action before the final shakedown. Bitfinex longs are still stubbornly high.

I understand your "concern."  However, I believe they plan on a short squeeze at current price level $8,500 to $8,700 before taking it up to $9,300 to $9,500 price range.  People have been in "fear" for quite a while and this is an opportune time for them to accumulate more coins with less competition for those coins while "fear" is still prevalent.  THEN once the price action is taken up to the $9,300 to $9,500 price range, we will see many novice traders begin to experience FOMO and buy in at or near the top of the $9,300 to $9,500 move; ONLY to experience "fear" once again when the price action comes back down to around $8,300 to $8,600 price level.  Many will sell then at a lower price because of "emotions."  Then the price will chill there for a bit before continuing back up once again and they buy back in at a higher price than what they sold.

That's my two cents...

I don't doubt this is possible, a move to mid $9k to re-test the descending triangle breakdown, I'm still waiting on this to occur hence avoiding adding to any short positions. However, why the price would find support again in the mid $8k's doesn't add up to me personally. Of course it could happen, but I don't see any reasoning at present. For starters, the 200 Day MA by that time will be even closer to $9k than it is now, so the price would again be stuck underneath it in a bearish fashion. A rejection from the triangle breakdown would be detrimental to the price and confirm a longer-term downtrend in my mind. The chances of the $8k area holding a second time within a short time span seems very low in this sense.

I also read you don't rule out $6k, so well aware you recognize this could happen too. Call me boring, but I'm still waiting for the target of the triangle breakdown to be achieved before laddering heavily, which Bitcoin in the past as respected more than most asset classes. Either that or a decent buying opportunity that currently doesn't present itself in my opinion.

Just throwing in my two satoshis to the speculation.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 13, 2019, 11:50:33 PM

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 13, 2019, 11:47:28 PM
Possible future price action between now and Bitcoin Block Halving on May 16, 2020 using the Daily (24h) Time Frame.

I was hoping for a more decisive weekly close. Instead, it looks like we'll have a big upper shadow. $8500+ would have been a much prettier way to end the week.

Are you fairly confident the bottom is in already? How many days left until a new 12-day candle opens on your chart? I wasn't sure if you went by UTC or local time.

Thanks for your videos by the way, very informative!

Hi Marky,

UTC time...

The current 12-Day Candle is from October 4th to October 15th.  A "new" 12-Day candle begins on October 16th.

I still feel good about my thoughts on us continuing the bull.  As for percentage...  I would say I feel about 75% likely to go bull and 25% to turn into more downward bear market until the new year. 
JL0
Activity: 817
Merit: 158
Bitcoin the Digital Gold
October 13, 2019, 08:23:25 PM
Possible future price action between now and Bitcoin Block Halving on May 16, 2020 using the Daily (24h) Time Frame.

A closer look with Bollinger Bands:

Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 13, 2019, 07:02:34 PM

I was hoping for a more decisive weekly close. Instead, it looks like we'll have a big upper shadow. $8500+ would have been a much prettier way to end the week.

Are you fairly confident the bottom is in already? How many days left until a new 12-day candle opens on your chart? I wasn't sure if you went by UTC or local time.

Thanks for your videos by the way, very informative!
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 13, 2019, 05:09:32 PM

A closer look with Bollinger Bands:

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
October 11, 2019, 02:19:16 PM
We have one hour remaining in the current 6h Candle.  The white energy in this 6h Candle looks like it could potentially continue with downward pressure a bit longer.  Which means we may have to wait another 6h candle or two before this current bout of downward pressure draws to a conclusion.

yesterday's video suggested we had 4.5 days (now 3.5) to establish the bottom, right? i'm keeping an open mind here. a wick to new lows that gets quickly bought up still fits that scenario.

i'm staying conservative because i'm mainly interested in when i can start leveraging long again. it's still too dangerous right now.

Hi FOMA,

Yes, it you're looking to leverage long, I would wait.  We will have a better feel of what the future may have in store once we have a new 3-Day, 4-Day, 6-Day, 9-Day and 12-Day candle begin on October 16, 2019.  The indicators will update then on all of those time frames to give us more valuable information.

Yes, a falling knife is possible.  We cannot rule that out.  If we have one, it will be a super quick event in my opinion.  So, best have buy orders in place down low.
Pages:
Jump to: