Pages:
Author

Topic: ◣XBB◥ Boolberry - attempt at grassroots development movement [Bittrex] - page 15. (Read 418977 times)

Activity: 505
Merit: 250
Activist Investor
Hi,

Just like to let everyone know Boolberry has traded over 200 BTC/daily on Poloniex this past week and increased quite a bit in price! Might be time to grab some! It's even been in the #3 coins for the past week, every night.

I'm creating a few BBR nodes right now to hopefully help the network out!

Alongside those items, I'm also in the process of contacting the current dev's to pass along some donation money to help get some work done on BBR! Hoping it will be enough to get them to put some looooong hours in Smiley

BBR was always a unique coin with an interesting history. I really think it's our time to go ahead and stand where BBR belongs.

Glad to see your willingness to help the network and the development effort!
Activist Investor
Boolberry Network Address February 1, 2017

Rebranding
Coinopoly and their team has finalized marketing and rebranding direction for the Boolberry project. The announcement post has been updated with the graphics and the ticker symbol XBB has been submitted to several exchanges, including Poloniex.

At one point, XBR was floated but this was relegated for several reasons:
1) Brent Crude Oil trades under the XBR symbol
2) Apparently some traders type 'bb' into autocomplete text fields on exchanges to get to the boolberry symbol.\

XBB represents an international standard bringing it Boolberry markets in line with Gold (XAU), as well as Bitcoin (XBT) as well as other cryptonote networks such as Monero (XMR) and DigitalNote (XDN).

Although the price appreciation limits the necessity to let people understand that Boolberry has a team and direction, with the free advertising it provides, the depth of this push is made more apparent.

The acronym is merely a ticker symbol.

Donation Process

I will be engaging active members of the community to hold keys to multisignature BITCOIN addresses, to help decentralize the funding process.

CryptoZoidberg and additional developers

Cryptozoidberg appeared in the slack channel! Not much was said, and a confirmation on bitcointalk would be interesting to members. Clintar, a former contributor and current boolberry mining pool operator, also simultaneously joined, and gave much needed tech support to new boolberry network miners contributors.

Seed Nodes

This is still a work in progress, and will be released alongside:

BINARIES!

Boolberry will be easy to install across platforms as binaries will be released with the latest updates and autoconnecting to seed nodes.

Interest

Blockchain Development Company gets the attention of financial professionals outside of the cryptocurrency world for a variety of reasons. And this in turn gets people interested in Boolberry.

Silicon Valley Bank's compliance department has been circulating the research paper for months. Yes, the meme paper. The paper wasn't written for cryptocurrency analysts that take themselves too seriously, it was written for people that wouldn't be interested enough to read 19 pages. And it does pretty well.

I met with a CME Group representative as well.

This should give some insight into the flows seen coming into Boolberry and where they come from.

Community

With the marketing updates and branding pattern, a bigger push will be done to secure outreach vessels, such as a site and twitter.

Extended Roadmap
Coinopoly has identified several other features already developed across the cryptonote sphere that could be adopted by Boolberry, in the same way that the current roadmap pulls from features already developed within Monero.
Activity: 419
Hi,

Just like to let everyone know Boolberry has traded over 200 BTC/daily on Poloniex this past week and increased quite a bit in price! Might be time to grab some! It's even been in the #3 coins for the past week, every night.

I'm creating a few BBR nodes right now to hopefully help the network out!

Alongside those items, I'm also in the process of contacting the current dev's to pass along some donation money to help get some work done on BBR! Hoping it will be enough to get them to put some looooong hours in Smiley

BBR was always a unique coin with an interesting history. I really think it's our time to go ahead and stand where BBR belongs.

Activity: 394
Cant get the wallet to sync, it wont connect to any of the node. I am able to mine on a supernova pool but i need the wallet to work.

I am using the windows wallet...

A lot of people are having problems with the wallet. I created a video showing how to setup and
add seed nodes and now I'm up running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wywMfiaeW5o
You the man bro thanks. I just posted the seed nodes here and they work.

You cant run this wallet on the same computer as your miner though...it uses too much memory and slows the computer down!

--seed-node 5.9.44.154:10101 --seed-node 66.228.33.249:10101 --seed-node 59.120.166.36:10101 --seed-node 62.201.213.25:10101 --seed-node 95.85.21.33:10101 --seed-node 107.170.97.197:10101
Activity: 275
I created a video guide for anyone looking to get started mining Boolberry

https://youtu.be/_O561rvz7Mo

Nice job mate, i posted the link to this on the slack last night from your steemit page. Getting good amount of views too, well done.
Thankyou Sir.
Cant get the wallet to sync, it wont connect to any of the node. I am able to mine on a supernova pool but i need the wallet to work.

A lot of people are having problems with the wallet. I created a video showing how to setup and
add seed nodes and now I'm up running.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wywMfiaeW5o
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Nice job mate, i posted the link to this on the slack last night from your steemit page. Getting good amount of views too, well done.
Activity: 180

Hi I want to ask you do you have mining calculator? Thank you in advance.
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
My daemon cant connect to any peers. The blockchain / bin file is not syncing. Can anyone tell me the solution?

Please write a step by step guide on the first page itself. Thank you
Activity: 546
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

I was just watching your video Lee! Thanx for bringing it to my notice. Smiley
Btw is there a good calculator for it? TIA
Activity: 394

Activity: 193
For anyone interested in joining in on the chat about the recent update and funding please feel free to join the slack @  https://boolberry.herokuapp.com
Activist Investor
Boolberry Network Address January 19, 2017

We are ramping up development and need to clarify a couple of things.

Donation Process
This update is primarily around formalizing the donations process.

Sporadically, people have donated to @blockology and that has been very helpful. Although the 1% miner tax has not been a priority incentive, this is still enabled and goes to CZ, voluntary donations would spur development better.

There are several objectives and key results which can be funded directly and this will allow the people that worked on those things to be paid directly without ambiguity.

This too is modeled after Monero’s approach to donations and development funding.

For example, there are several approaches to the seed node solution, and they require owning multiple domain names and setting the A names to stable peers.

The domain names themselves would have a cost and having at least one highly connected node under our control would a cost. And paying for it years into the future would be prudent.

Similarly, binaries, and the LMDB are very high priorities.

I’ll be organizing this more in the coming days, showing what the primary objectives are.

Cryptonote

Monero forked to include RingCT and I’ve been monitoring developments in that front, with Boolberry in mind. RingCT has been on the development roadmap since the first research paper was released, and it would require a hard fork in Boolberry.

For now, if a flaw is found in RingCT then boolberry is a good fallback network. If all goes well we would be looking to have the Boolberry community update via hard fork. There would be no contentious hard forks and there are a lot of improvements to bring over without a hard fork.

@1blockologist,

Is the new developer going to remain anonymous, or will we recognize them from other projects?

The one in mind probably won't be anonymous, not related to cryptocurrency
Activity: 168

Donation Process

Sporadically, people have donated to @blockology and that has been very helpful. Although the 1% miner tax has not been a priority incentive, this is still enabled and goes to CZ, voluntary donations would spur development better.

There are several objectives and key results which can be funded directly and this will allow the people that worked on those things to be paid directly without ambiguity.

This too is modeled after Monero’s approach to donations and development funding.

For example, there are several approaches to the seed node solution, and they require owning multiple domain names and setting the A names to stable peers.

The domain names themselves would have a cost and having at least one highly connected node under our control would a cost. And paying for it years into the future would be prudent.

I’ll be organizing this more in the coming days, showing what the primary objectives are.

Cryptonote

Monero forked to include RingCT and I’ve been monitoring developments in that front, with Boolberry in mind. RingCT has been on the development roadmap since the first research paper was released, and it would require a hard fork in Boolberry.

For now, if a flaw is found in RingCT then boolberry is a good fallback network. If all goes well we would be looking to have the Boolberry community update via hard fork. There would be no contentious hard forks and there are a lot of improvements to bring over without a hard fork.

@1blockologist,

Is the new developer going to remain anonymous, or will we recognize them from other projects?
Activist Investor

Donation Process

Cryptonote

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
https://coinopoly.xyz/monero-boolberry-and-the-return-of-crypto_zoidberg/

Interesting link

I wonder if this is true. I mean if CZ returns and masternodes are coming into play then BBR could be in for a very wild ride indeed.

I am obviously hoping this is true but it would seem others are taking this article rather seriously looking at the rise today.

Would be great to see BBR break out of this sub 1M MC that it has been stuck in for an age.

3 months old and no news since that

Opps yep. Just noticed the date. I asked someone the reason for the pump and he sent that. I did not examine the date.

Must be either

1. other news we are not privy too
2. just a pump

hopefully 1.
legendary
Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

Interesting link

I wonder if this is true. I mean if CZ returns and masternodes are coming into play then BBR could be in for a very wild ride indeed.

I am obviously hoping this is true but it would seem others are taking this article rather seriously looking at the rise today.

Would be great to see BBR break out of this sub 1M MC that it has been stuck in for an age.

3 months old and no news since that
Activity: 476
Merit: 500
Where is "Creator of Boolberry"? Did he come back the boolberry developing?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

Interesting link

Pages:
Jump to: