Pages:
Author

Topic: Xbox One - page 10. (Read 6698 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 08:55:05 PM
Will games be all digital eliminating the discs?

No, bluray. But you have to install them and bind them to your account.

Whats the point in that?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
May 22, 2013, 08:50:27 PM

No, bluray. But you have to install them and bind them to your account.
May 22, 2013, 08:42:33 PM
May 22, 2013, 03:33:30 PM
What a fucking shame. The games will be awesome. The console up to date and nice. But a console that does not boot up without its microphone that always collects data? Sorry, but Herr a big fuck you to Microsoft is in order. We have only used our kinect on parties and otherwise disconnected it. What the fuck, the mike is always on. I don't want my console listening to me all day...
How do u know that xbox 360 and kinect not already collect data and sent it back to ms when its on. Xbox on(e) is just a blatant piece of spying equipment. Nothing to do with having hours of fun with cutting edge, innovative and serious gaming. Just remakes of same old.

Yes, supporting a dying medium (television) is is a good move, ms??

Because i tend to detach kinect when i am not using it Wink

New Xbox wont boot without it...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
May 22, 2013, 02:47:38 PM
What a fucking shame. The games will be awesome. The console up to date and nice. But a console that does not boot up without its microphone that always collects data? Sorry, but Herr a big fuck you to Microsoft is in order. We have only used our kinect on parties and otherwise disconnected it. What the fuck, the mike is always on. I don't want my console listening to me all day...
How do u know that xbox 360 and kinect not already collect data and sent it back to ms when its on. Xbox on(e) is just a blatant piece of spying equipment. Nothing to do with having hours of fun with cutting edge, innovative and serious gaming. Just remakes of same old.

Yes, supporting a dying medium (television) is is a good move, ms??
May 22, 2013, 08:44:48 AM
The Xbox 360 has Bern an awesome console and and my pov the one is likely to geht the standard up for some time, as before.

Current gen consoles have gone toe to toe with PCs for some time before loosing the fight over ram and GPUs.
The console will be great, like the one before.

But from another point of view, this is a nightmare. A real one
Used games? Fuck you customer, if you lend your friend a game, he cant play it without your account. Or needs to buy it.
Oh and kinect is mandatory now. The company that brought us the great Skype spying scandal does now want us to have a device always on that always tracks you and even measures your heartbeat.

Oh, and of course you need to login all the time and brand your game to an account. So when your provided cuts off the net for some reason (thanks one and one for this ridiculous experience of no internet for four weeks because your customer service was relentlessly stupid and deleted my service requests and technician appointments every time my router had a five minute connection...), then it decided you cannot play.

Lately, I lost three hours of gaming in far cry three in coop with my girlfriend because it just stops the coop when you loose the connection. Microsoft wants this for everyone now!

legendary
Activity: 1064
May 22, 2013, 08:29:46 AM
I partially agree with most of the sentiment here. I think Xbox One will be great for casual gamers who are more focused on keeping entertainment in their livingroom / common area.

Me, on the other hand..when I sit down to play some games, I'm not interested in swapping back and forth to TV, movies, or whatnot (though a browser may be handy if I need to look something up while playing). I'm more concerned with the power of the hardware behind the scenes, and I'd like to see something that'll be able to render some fine looking games faster and crisper than ever before seen. So far, it just looks like Microsoft has been buying PS3s, putting that hardware into a new case, and branding it as an Xbox.

Let's see where E3 takes us I suppose.

EDIT: This may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw  Cheesy
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 22, 2013, 08:26:58 AM
Wow, thought there would be more interest in this. Are you all PC gamers?

Not much of an upgrade? 16 x the RAM, Blu-ray, instant switching with pause and resume of games, no disc switching if you install the games, etc.  All seems very well thought out to me.

So it's a PS3. Big deal.

This.

Im actually not much of a PC gamer, unless you count Minecraft. I was however a pretty big Xbox fanboy. I just could not find anything significant during the premier. Yay, more CoD and n-th sports games. Oh a "premium" Halo tv series... The switching thing is nice, but seems more like a parlor trick than something worthy of a console. Unless they have something else pretty big up their sleeve for E3, I think they just made the Wii-U a lot cooler.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
May 22, 2013, 08:09:33 AM

Not much of an upgrade? 16 x the RAM, Blu-ray, instant switching with pause and resume of games, no disc switching if you install the games, etc.  All seems very well thought out to me.

So it's a PS3. Big deal.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
May 22, 2013, 07:25:14 AM
Not cool when you find out that games are binded to your xbox, when you install the same game disc on another xbox 1, your first xbox1 game install get uninstalled, you have to pay for the game again to install on the new system if you want both xboxs to have it
legendary
Activity: 1092
Touchdown
May 22, 2013, 03:51:31 AM

Granted much of the focus was on media (big NFL fan, so I liked that too), but the games will come.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
May 22, 2013, 01:18:05 AM
I remember a Penny Arcade comic that would have been really funny here, but my search-fu has failed me. Sad
This one?

I was less excited when Kinect came out, because Konami had already tried something similar with their game Police 911. It was cool and all, but required a level of physical fitness most gamers did not possess.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
May 21, 2013, 10:11:57 PM
Just don't get why they are bring this out, not much of an upgrade.

Wii-U / PlayStation 4
They have to stay competitive and if PS4 is getting upgrades then its time for Xbox to get some too. Even if it is a VCR looking remote...
May 21, 2013, 10:07:02 PM
Just don't get why they are bring this out, not much of an upgrade.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 21, 2013, 09:23:19 PM
Looks like they could figure out what design to go with, so they crammed two together. Awful, just awful.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
May 21, 2013, 05:52:22 PM
360x worse than before
May 21, 2013, 05:43:30 PM
so why is it so great?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Touchdown
May 21, 2013, 03:32:16 PM
E3 is only a few weeks away, that's where we'll see the games.
Activity: 47
Merit: 2
May 21, 2013, 03:08:33 PM
They sure did not show any games, just focus on KINECT and ENTERTAINMENT. But I guess that's not so bad. I have been looking for a media center pc, I might actually buy this if it works like they promise.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2013, 03:01:42 PM
I will be keeping my xbox360, I think xbox one runs 3 OS, that 2 too many for a gaming console.
Pages:
Jump to: