Pages:
Author

Topic: Xbox One - page 7. (Read 6698 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
June 04, 2013, 12:39:26 AM
Yeah, I don't like the direction xbox is going. It was a game console, but now they're trying to make it an everything. I already have a computer

EDIT: Kinect is pretty cool, though.

I admit, Kinect is cool. I was really excited when they launched that.
I remember a Penny Arcade comic that would have been really funny here, but my search-fu has failed me. Sad

Dude, don't do that again! I just spent 30 minutes hunting an imagine that may, or may not have been what was on your mind after you got inspired by a post to do the exact same thing, but at least you had a keyword pool to resort to.

My nephew (the good one) told me about this new xBox coming out a couple weeks ago, stating that it'll be able to do anything. I asked him if it could mine bitcoins, whereupon he replied, "Dude, you have it bad!"
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 04, 2013, 12:16:24 AM

Yeah, it's like when Valve fanbois go around saying you only have to login once, I still have to login in order to play the game and use my internet connection, that doesn't make it any less unreasonable if I have to do it once, nevermind the fact that the offline modes are always shit. No one dictates to me when I can and can't use software on my computer, especially if I've paid for it.

I've found the convenience a good trade-off for having to load up Steam before playing your games.  It only takes about 10 seconds to load up on my PC so I've never really been bothered by it.  I'm rarely offline tho so I have no idea if Steam offline is a pain in the ass, however, I have lost my connection while playing games from Steam, and the only time that pissed me off was when my Civ 5 game suddenly decided it had to quit to menu because I went offline, which I found odd, as I was playing single-player offline...but no clue what that was about.

But anyway, having all my games in one spot and being able to reformat and download them again easily is something I can deal with, not to mention the deals they're always having.

Oh, and indie games, which Microsoft pretends to care about but really doesn't.  Also, no ads, except for games, which are the ads I actually want to see, which, in the case of Microsoft, is why I want to beat my (brother's) 360 with a fucking bat.  And then there's the Microsoft online service for PC which is a fucking pain in the ass, especially when you have both that and the Steam overlay going at the same time which is stupid and why do I have to input a CD code for a digitally downloaded game off Steam directly into Microsoft's overlay?  They don't really still believe CD codes actually stop pirating, do they?  And then after hearing the news about KreepyKinect and ghost-discs + activation fees...

Anyway, my point is, fuck Microsoft Tongue

It's even easier to just back up your games on to an external drive. Then it's a matter of minutes after reformatting before you're good to go again.

A lot of people don't get the problems some of us have with online requirements, but if you're like me and live in the middle of nowhere, there are many times where I have no Internet. It goes out sporadically as well.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
June 04, 2013, 12:07:20 AM

Yeah, it's like when Valve fanbois go around saying you only have to login once, I still have to login in order to play the game and use my internet connection, that doesn't make it any less unreasonable if I have to do it once, nevermind the fact that the offline modes are always shit. No one dictates to me when I can and can't use software on my computer, especially if I've paid for it.

I've found the convenience a good trade-off for having to load up Steam before playing your games.  It only takes about 10 seconds to load up on my PC so I've never really been bothered by it.  I'm rarely offline tho so I have no idea if Steam offline is a pain in the ass, however, I have lost my connection while playing games from Steam, and the only time that pissed me off was when my Civ 5 game suddenly decided it had to quit to menu because I went offline, which I found odd, as I was playing single-player offline...but no clue what that was about.

But anyway, having all my games in one spot and being able to reformat and download them again easily is something I can deal with, not to mention the deals they're always having.

Oh, and indie games, which Microsoft pretends to care about but really doesn't.  Also, no ads, except for games, which are the ads I actually want to see, which, in the case of Microsoft, is why I want to beat my (brother's) 360 with a fucking bat.  And then there's the Microsoft online service for PC which is a fucking pain in the ass, especially when you have both that and the Steam overlay going at the same time which is stupid and why do I have to input a CD code for a digitally downloaded game off Steam directly into Microsoft's overlay?  They don't really still believe CD codes actually stop pirating, do they?  And then after hearing the news about KreepyKinect and ghost-discs + activation fees...

Anyway, my point is, fuck Microsoft Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 03, 2013, 11:43:40 PM
...but the fact that my kinect needs to watch me while we are watching a movie or have sex on my couch is kind of annoying.

lol, this was awesome. I wonder if they could record it too...
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
June 02, 2013, 02:41:22 PM
Technically, im always online with my Xbox anyway, but the fact that my kinect needs to watch me while we are watching a movie or have sex on my couch is kind of annoying.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 02, 2013, 02:27:36 PM
I heard Xbox One it can't be self-published by indies and it requires Internet to play games.

Both of those are rumors that have not been confirmed by microsoft. In fact Microsoft has already stated that the xbox one won't need to be always online.

It HAS to be online once every 24 hours.

If you ask me, the STEAM offline mode isn't as bad anymore. I found I could use the offline mode quite well Cheesy

It still is DRM, but hey... fuck it. Technically, im always online with my Xbox anyway, but the fact that my kinect needs to watch me while we are watching a movie or have sex on my couch is kind of annoying.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
June 02, 2013, 12:40:44 PM
I heard Xbox One it can't be self-published by indies and it requires Internet to play games.

Both of those are rumors that have not been confirmed by microsoft. In fact Microsoft has already stated that the xbox one won't need to be always online.

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 02, 2013, 12:38:12 PM
Xbox 1: 359 steps backwards from Xbox 360 Tongue
Couldn't said it better. I wonder who came up with the name.
Activity: 224
June 02, 2013, 12:36:12 PM

Activity: 728
June 02, 2013, 12:28:03 PM

Activity: 253
Merit: 250
June 01, 2013, 12:11:45 PM
Xbox 1: 359 steps backwards from Xbox 360 Tongue
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 01, 2013, 09:31:38 AM
Activity: 168
June 01, 2013, 06:15:00 AM
Too bad they didn't put better hardware in it. (compared to the TFLOPS of PS4 or the demo from EPIC)
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
May 31, 2013, 11:58:39 AM
The only reason consoles are seen as convenient is because certain morons in the games industry have decided to make it as annoying as possible to legitimately purchase a game...
And now, with the Xbox One, consoles begin their journey down that dark path....

...and I begin the journey back down my previously traveled PC-gaming path
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 31, 2013, 11:46:18 AM
The only reason consoles are seen as convenient is because certain morons in the games industry have decided to make it as annoying as possible to legitimately purchase a game...
And now, with the Xbox One, consoles begin their journey down that dark path....
legendary
May 31, 2013, 11:22:37 AM
The only reason consoles are seen as convenient is because certain morons in the games industry have decided to make it as annoying as possible to legitimately purchase a game, I know I must read like a cranky old man when I say this but in the old days it used to be a simple CD check and then you could happily play games offline without any pestering from spyware. Now you have to enter in as many details as if you were going into your bloody bank account, there is nothing difficult about using a PC if you take your time to learn it, I had no problems using it when I was 10.

There are games developers out there that still follow the old ways and I'm going to be among them when I finish programming my first games Cheesy
May 31, 2013, 09:35:10 AM
I think I can safely say I have complete contempt for games consoles these days, not surprised they released yet another games console in a desperate attempt to compete with desktops.

Game consoles sell way better than individual PCs do. And games for consoles sell way more than games for PCs. PC may be more powerful gaming machines, but consoles have the convenience factor.
legendary
May 31, 2013, 05:41:05 AM
I think I can safely say I have complete contempt for games consoles these days, not surprised they released yet another games console in a desperate attempt to compete with desktops.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
May 31, 2013, 05:27:26 AM
I wasn't really impressed as a gamer. All I heard when I watched the presentation was TV, TV, TV...
May 30, 2013, 06:23:17 PM
Is it just me, or does the Xbox One look like the slim PS2's? Or the PS3?

The fuck was on Microsoft's mind?

Why does anyone care what it looks like? Personally I like just the plain box design so it stacks nicely in an entertainment system.
Pages:
Jump to: