Pages:
Author

Topic: Xbox One - page 5. (Read 6698 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
June 13, 2013, 07:05:43 AM
By the way, one of my friends posted this on facebook and I think it describes the Xbox One prefectly Cheesy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100
June 12, 2013, 05:21:05 PM
I actually bought my Xbox 360 for the Kinect, so I could play the exercise games. Then I also got into the Rock Band games (Beatles Rock Band is totally awesome!).

The Kinect on the Xbox One sounds terrific, and if there are new exercise games that really take advantage of it, it may be worth the upgrade. But I only just bought the 360 about 6 months ago, so it's way too early to justify an upgrade for me.

However, I did manage to snag a preorder before they stopped offering it, on the chance that I change my mind by the time it's released, since Amazon won't charge me until it's shipped. Or maybe I'll sell it for a few bitcoins?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
June 12, 2013, 05:13:41 PM
Better than nothing though.

Really don't know how much I agree with that. I've wasted so much time trying to get WINE to work with some things... I could have back a large portion of my life if it had never existed -- I'd have simply stayed with Windows from the get-go, :p.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 12, 2013, 01:15:23 PM
I think i'll think pass on this xbox.
I said this for most of this generation of consoles. I enjoy PC gaming much much more.

Well I like it as well, the problem is I am missing out on adventure games like uncharted and heavy rain. I was happy that mass effect came to PC though.

Hopefully, developers will tell Microsoft where to go and revert to PC, unlikely but we can wish can't we?

lol, sadly this is never going to happen. If it did, they'd move from DirectX and on to OpenGL for cross-platform games. Sadly Microsoft still has the monopoly and for the foreseeable future still will.
It's sad but I guess it's the truth.  Sad

Oh, it definitely is. And it's the only reason I still use Windows over Ubuntu: gaming. There was one group that was trying to create a DX implementation for Linux but there have been no updates since 2011. Guessing it fell apart.

We NEED something better than WINE.

WINE is ******* dreadful.
Better than nothing though.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
June 12, 2013, 12:24:59 PM
I said this for most of this generation of consoles. I enjoy PC gaming much much more.

Well I like it as well, the problem is I am missing out on adventure games like uncharted and heavy rain. I was happy that mass effect came to PC though.

Hopefully, developers will tell Microsoft where to go and revert to PC, unlikely but we can wish can't we?

lol, sadly this is never going to happen. If it did, they'd move from DirectX and on to OpenGL for cross-platform games. Sadly Microsoft still has the monopoly and for the foreseeable future still will.
It's sad but I guess it's the truth.  Sad

Oh, it definitely is. And it's the only reason I still use Windows over Ubuntu: gaming. There was one group that was trying to create a DX implementation for Linux but there have been no updates since 2011. Guessing it fell apart.

We NEED something better than WINE.

WINE is ******* dreadful.
legendary
June 12, 2013, 12:04:32 PM
I like pc gaming too but local multiplayer is important to me and that's pretty much nonexistent in pc gaming.

He's right, game developers have been quietly eliminating LAN gaming for years now, Blizzard got rid of it in Starcraft 2 if I recall correctly and only put it in after a lot of demands from their customers, how these people get away with such shit and still make millions is beyond me.

A lot of games still allow you to play via lan by inputting your LAN ip in the connection area (instead of a server ip), but you're definitely right about it being phased out. I just don't think it's as popular as it used to be. Everyone wants to play online.
legendary
June 12, 2013, 11:43:25 AM
I think that was the case, could be wrong though.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
June 12, 2013, 11:24:43 AM

He's right, game developers have been quietly eliminating LAN gaming for years now, Blizzard got rid of it in Starcraft 2 if I recall correctly and only put it in after a lot of demands from their customers, how these people get away with such shit and still make millions is beyond me.

Really? I didn't know that. That's surprising that they wouldn't add it. Probably some corporate activision prick had that idea.
legendary
June 12, 2013, 08:09:16 AM
I like pc gaming too but local multiplayer is important to me and that's pretty much nonexistent in pc gaming.

legendary
June 12, 2013, 07:39:19 AM

Uhh...what?

In my mind I believe you're referring to something along the lines of "split screening" for multiplayer / coop ...otherwise, LAN party anyone?

People still have LAN parties? :p.

And I think he means like... on a console (split screen, as you said) you can have 4 people playing one copy of a game. On PC you need 4 copies.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
June 12, 2013, 07:38:20 AM

Uhh...what?

In my mind I believe you're referring to something along the lines of "split screening" for multiplayer / coop ...otherwise, LAN party anyone?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
June 12, 2013, 02:36:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
June 12, 2013, 02:03:57 AM
An in-depth guide on sharing used games on the PS4

I dunno, I'm siding with Sony on this one.
Yep just like that, not some crazy personalised once only use. The always one feature maybe was on the wish list from the NSA and the had to include it. Sure there is enough kids who upsolute must have this "do all" machine and parents haven't got a clue what the carry into the house to please the little fellow (and big brother at the same time).
So is it still save to visit a mate who's got the modern Stasi apparatus standing in his Flat?
legendary
June 11, 2013, 07:45:35 PM
Forget WINE its a waste of time. Same goes for that xbox 1 spying apparatus. Why would you want to pay a lot of money so that someone can eavesdrop 24/7 in your living room or bedroom.

This is why I said we need a WINE alternative, :p.

As for the Kinect, I couldn't agree more. When I heard that it's built-in *and* that you have to be online to play your single-player games, that set me away from the Xbox One completely. I can't believe people would buy it after that.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
June 11, 2013, 07:38:16 PM
An in-depth guide on sharing used games on the PS4

I dunno, I'm siding with Sony on this one.
legendary
amarha
June 11, 2013, 03:23:15 PM
Xbone is already a failure.

Big swing and a miss by microsoft on this one.

Pretty much nailed it here. I just finished catching up on the Sony conference from yesterday and I'm already vastly more impressed by comparison.

It seems I'm moving back to the Sony camp if I end up getting a console this year.

Besides all the other stuff I can't believe PS4 is actually going to be 100 bucks cheaper. I really would not have predicted that.
legendary
Activity: 1064
June 11, 2013, 03:19:21 PM

Pretty much nailed it here. I just finished catching up on the Sony conference from yesterday and I'm already vastly more impressed by comparison.

It seems I'm moving back to the Sony camp if I end up getting a console this year.
legendary
amarha
June 11, 2013, 03:06:36 PM

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
June 11, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
This just in:

Current-gen and next-gen consoles ARE PCs with most functionality stripped out by difficult-to-disable software. Tired of corporate proprietary shit trying to fuck me in the ass. These corporate fucks... Windows 8 RT. Release a phone with Windows on it, and you'd expect to at least have the primary reason anyone fucks with Windows - the enormous collection of software released for it. Nope. The RT stands for ReTarded, and it only runs ReTarded software. At that point, I'd rather have Palm OS.

Go away, one-time-use proprietary hardware architecture. I will never touch you, and will look at you only a decade in the future when you're emulated (no, not emulated with infuriating DRM restrictions on the "Xbox Two," asshole). I don't want your "smart" phones, your creepy spy consoles, or your goofy fruit logos. You utterly disregard past contributions, and promise to support current contributions' existence only until the end of your few-year lifecycle, or try to double-charge us for old contributions we bought way back when the dev company existed. I hate you, and we will never reconcile.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 966
Energy is Wealth
June 11, 2013, 01:42:24 PM
Forget WINE its a waste of time. Same goes for that xbox 1 spying apparatus. Why would you want to pay a lot of money so that someone can eavesdrop 24/7 in your living room or bedroom.
Pages:
Jump to: